A Raw Food Party Spread with Brazil Nuts – The Renegade Health Show Episode #231

Wednesday Jan 21 | BY |

Here’s a raw food recipe that you can serve for the Superbowl…

(Though I’m realizing many of you don’t have the same love for football as I do 😉 )

This recipe is from Frank Giglio and we’ll be hearing more from him in a few short weeks so stay tuned!

Here’s a brazil nut spread that even the most skeptical will enjoy.

Your question of the day: What should we bring back from Honduras for you guys?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Brazil Nut Spread

2 cups Brazil Nuts
2 TBSP Miso
1 TBSP Nutritional Yeast (Annmarie kept out for me)
1/2 Cup Parsley
1 TBSP Fresh Thyme
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 TBSP Tomato Concentrate (premier Research Labs) -this is optional

Add all to a food processor and blend. Cheese should be thick and creamy 🙂

1. Bette says:

Johny 5 was the star tonight.He needs to go no Pet Star Tv Show to get his debut in the spotlight.He could do something with his vocal-ness I am sure…haha.
    Anyway you two sure do travel..wow! Beauty pictures from there would be nice.
    Kevins clapping was hilarious. And Ann Maries giggling is always a hit.
    Nice to try that recipe.sounds good. yummmy.
    Ok…Have the time of your lives.Cut off fro tv n phone n pc…will be so very nice for you..woohooo…..fly!!!!

2. Charlotte says:

hmm…. you maybe you could bring back some food specialties (ones that can travel of course…)?

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU,(been wondering about this for a while).
    I’m in the process of finishing the last of my maca powder from the brand Whole World Botanicals (store bought). This maca is dried and cooked and on the bottle it says that this cooked version is 20% more concentrated,it is more bioavailable and digestible than raw maca. Than it says that native people never eat raw maca. I thought that raw maca was a lot healthier (I just bought some on-line)Can you clear this up for me?
    Thanks, Charlotte

3. Alice says:

Hello and have a fun trip
    Im so jealous I bet it will be quite a breathtaking and fun adventure! I hope you bring back a cool raw recipe centering on the food and culture you experienced in Honduras! :]

have a safe flight

4. Gabriela says:

Have a great time in Honduras!

I hope you could also come to Guatemala..let us know if you ever do.

Take lots of care, and thank you for having this great show!

5. Elaine says:

Enjoy Honduras. I’d really like some good Honduran coffee beans. Actually anything that’s made in Honduras would be wonderful. Enjoyed the show….as I always do. Where can I get the recipe for the Brazil Nut Cheese? Didn’t see it on the page.
    Enjoy your trip!!

6. Rawbin says:

Hey Kevin and Annmarie, Sorry I missed you at Wendi’s.

I like Durian, “Hon”! You can get a new plunger for about $9 online.

Bring back some strange fresh produce videos before you run out of batteries and memory cards!

Have a great trip,
    -Rawbin

7. dede says:

bring back a really cool spice that we have never heard of….k? Have a wonderful, wonderful vacation!!!!! hugs, Dede

8. Natalya says:

I’d like to know what kind of water people drink there

9. Karen says:

Hope you guys have the best trip ever. Just bring us back what matters most, you two. Much love.

10. Tara says:

Hmmmm…nutritional yeast has synthetic vitamin b added to it…doesn’t it. Maybe you could investigate this Kevin.

Cheers,
    Tara

11. Michael T. says:

Here is a website with background info on Honduras and the Honduran people:

Maybe you could bring back some acai berries or other tropical superfoods.

Have a wonderful time, and watch out for the mosquitoes around sunset.

Michael

12. Jenni says:

Awww you have a cute grey kitty too. Mine are here in a series of photos called “Cats Hate Raw Soup” http://rawkyoulikeahurricane.blogspot.com/2008/08/soup-success.html.

You should bring back some Honduran Curly Hair Tarantulas. They are cute, but actually not so much as pets.

Safe travels!

13. Heather says:

A good raw recipe would be awesome to bring back

If you could tell us what kinds of foods we can bring on a plane that would be awesome b/c trying to buy everything again can be expensive when you’re on vacation, hope you guys have a great trip

With alot of material I read, most people say that soy is bad for you. I know there is suppose to be a good soy maybe it’s unfermented, I can’t remember so I normally avoid soy. But will the recipe taste as good w/out the soy and/or nutrional yeast?

14. Spencer says:

English: Hondurans

Spanish: Hondureños

15. rose says:

bring back your effervescent joy and inspiration please…

ps: what were your conclusions on megahydrate?
    i was looking at an old episode where you were said you were gonna find out more.

16. Annette says:

bring back a hammok (sp?) I went to Honduras once and they had beautiful ones. You can use it when you park your RV, sling it btwn your RV and a tree 😉 jj.

Have fun, enjoy, you guys are so great. Annmarie I appreciate your “continuity”!

Annette

17. Robin says:

NO PLUNGER for your Vita-Mix? Use a celery stick to push the food down. It is stiff and strong, and if you get it too close to the blade and it gets chopped a little – so what? 😀

18. Elizabeth DeJager says:

Bring back sunshine

19. Rhonda says:

Hi Kevin,

Are you having any problems with the nutritional yeast? I ate some of the Kale chips with nutritional yeast and my kidneys started to flare up. I wonder what the ingredients are in nutritional yeast.

20. Chris says:

Since so many of us that follow Kevin have systemic candida,yeast fungus and mold issues . Can he explain his basic diet. What he leaves out to overcome it. And does he believe a white tongue coating is a definite indicator of candida?

21. Karen Jackson says:

I’ve heard that Central America has different kins of fruits. I would love to learn about them. Have a really great time!

22. I think Johnny 5 must be related to our cat, Jack. Whining at all the wrong times 🙂

Have a GREAT time you two!

John Sifferman NSCA-CPT
    Fitness Professional

Real World Strength Training

23. Lisa Miller says:

Hi everyone!

Kevin & Annmarie left this morning for Honduras and will fill you all in and answer your questions when he returns! 🙂

Take care,
    Lisa

24. Kat says:

Hehe…Johnny Five wants some love (or food)! I have a cat who meows constantly too – he’s a boy but we call him Chatty Cathy. 😀

I have no idea what you call people from Honduras – my guess would be Hondurans. Oddly, it was in the 70s here today, but I’m sure it will be cold again very soon…so please bring back lots of warm weather!! 🙂

I guess I can google this and find out…but can you explain what nutritional yeast actually is? Some time back, I heard or read from at least one source that nutritional yeast is actually another term for MSG (so they can sneak into food), so I’ve avoided it ever since. But apparently it’s not, since I know you wouldn’t consume MSG. So what is it and what are the health benefits (or is it just for flavor)?

Also, what’s a good substitute in recipes in place of Miso or Tamari if you can’t have soy? The dip sounds fantasitc – brazil nuts are my favorite. 😀

Great show!

25. Kat says:

Oh – and have a wonderful trip!! 😀

26. gloria says:

Elaine; here is the recipie

Brazil Nut Spread

2 cups Brazil Nuts
    2 TBSP Miso
    1 TBSP Nutritional Yeast (Annmarie kept out for me)
    1/2 Cup Parsley
    1 TBSP Fresh Thyme
    2 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 TBSP Tomato Concentrate (premier Research Labs) -this is optional

Add all to a food processor and blend. Cheese should be thick and creamy

27. Linda B. says:

We used to have a cat that meowed all time. We got him from the vet office and he was the most handsome siamese you have ever seen. He was so vocal all the time (and a low moaning kind of meow), day and night, that we had to give him back. Drove us crazy and we lost sleep.
    You should bring back two well rested, energized special people (yah, that is you two)! Hope you have a wonderful time and take it easy, we will all be here when you get back, take care.

28. Jenn says:

I wish for you a wonderful trip, all I want are some good stories and pictures when you return. Maybe some recipe/food/health ideas you picked up while down there as well.

29. pls bring back….SUNSHINE AND WARM WEATHER!!! my almost son-in-law lived 2 yrs there, I’d better not tell him where you’re off to 😉

30. Jodi says:

Enjoy your holiday guys. Love from down here in New Zealand 🙂

31. chai says:

i have an extra vitamix “plunger” i will send you if you like!
    have fun!

32. Solita (SoliGirlTV) says:

Hi AnneMarie,

What kind of olive oil are you using in this video? The cheese looks great. Thanks for sharing.