Raw Food Recipe for Middle Eastern Raw Kibbe – The Renegade Health Show Episode #177

Wednesday Nov 5 | BY |

You guys kept asking what raw food recipe I made for Annmarie on her birthday…

So here it is! 🙂

A raw food recipe for Middle Eastern Kibbe–one of my favorite (past) foods!

I literally had no idea how to make this and couldn’t find a recipe online, so I just created it myself.

I have to say it turned out pretty good! 😉

Take a look and enjoy…

Your question of the day: What is the biggest change you’d like to see in the US?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Here’s the recipe:

Kevin’s Raw Kibbe (Meatless)

1 cup Sunflower Seeds, rinse well
1/2 cup Walnuts, soaked 20 min. then rinsed well
1/2 Onion
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon All Spice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
~ 1 Tablespoon Tamari (or to taste)
pinch Sea Salt (or to taste)
1/2 cup Pine Nuts

Combined all ingredients in food process except for the Pine Nuts. Add in Pine nuts at the end just to mix throughout.

Mold into desired shapes and place on Teflex Sheet. Dehydrate on 135 for 3-4 hours, turn over and remove Teflex Sheet. Dehydrate more at 118 for another hour or until crisp on out side and warm on inside.

Serve with Lebanese Salad, Hummus and olives 🙂 Yummy!

Kevin

1. Songdawg says:

Ack! The video cuts off right before the shot of the finished product! Is it a cliffhanger?

2. Peace with everyone/ teamwork with the world/ the economic world shifting in a positive way…

3. Ron says:

I would like to see us change from a waring nation to one of peace…

4. Janet says:

With Obama coming on board now, I would like to see natural medicine become the norm. I would also like to see the sonar stopped, overfishing stopped, as well as more people growning their own freedom farms. I think that he will be making many changes by March. I am really looking forward to him being my president/.

Even better, he and smily face Joe Biden will be a whole lot nicer to look at lining the walls of my work building than the Bush-Cheney duo as I go down to the lobby 🙂 🙂 🙂

5. I would like to see better environmental policies.

6. More freedom for natural health especially supplement companies, herbal companies, etc. to actually state how their products can help people on the label. Like the person said above, natural medicine becoming the norm.

Btw I love the new banner up top, looks great!

7. diane West says:

Hi kevin,Annmarie!!!!! I would like to see the treatment of our animals inprove, the farm animals treatment especially the way they iive in cages that they cant even turn around in, and their whole ife in general, I would like to see our food quality inprove and be of number one concern,as far as irradation goes and gm foods, and envormental issues run up on the list as well. a tall order but oh sooooooo important. love and peace diane

8. Cindy says:

Kevin, yesterday you mentioned that very active people may need to eat some cooked carbohydrates to ensure that they get enough calories. I’m wondering what the best cookeed carbohydrates are. Can you give some suggestions for my husband, please? Thank you!!

9. THROW THE MICROWAVE

OUT OF YOUR KITCHEN!!!!!!

WHAT A SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!

10. RY says:

Kevin, you say that you prefer talking politics over nutrition.
    I wager that you do supremely better at nutrition.

11. Esoteric Engineer says:

The biggest change I would like to see is an end to animal agriculture and all animal, bird, insect, etc. exploitation.

I would like to see all slaughterhouses closed immediately. A world in which slaughterhouses exist can never be a world in peace.

Further to the above, and if that happened the rest would follow naturally, I would like to see an end to junk food, and end to gluttony, a more compassionate and intelligent society. I would like to see a system of little want, of cooperativism in place of egoism and competition.

I would like to see humanity live in harmony with nature and all other life. I would like people to be respectful of other species, empathetic towards them, understanding of the needs of others, mindful of the bigger picture and how the things we do, no matter how small, can impact others and cause harmful domino/chain-reaction effects.

I would like to see an open society in which secrets are rare; a society where information is freely shared and theft is never heard of.

I would like to see an integrated planet where people treat all others with the kindness they would themselves like to be treated with. I would like to see a people who live with the profound understanding that we all are one and not a multitude of disconnected, independent entities.

12. John says:

Yield:

a. To give forth a natural product; be productive.
    b. To produce a return for effort or investment.

I would like to see positivity take over. We’ve had enough negative energy to last us a lifetime!

13. crow says:

Yes WE can!!!
    I believe we need to work on the environment
    first, because if we don’t save this planet
    the economy will not matter. Creating environmental jobs will also help the environment as well as the economy.

14. marijana pontoni says:

hi to all, this may be funny to us citizens, but i would like obama to cut down prices of shipping 😉 i ordered some raw cacao and shipping to croatia has higher price than product itself. i have to say that in my house we were very curious who will be next president of usa. when first time g.w. bush was elected, i told everyone that that is very bad and that he will be lousy president and that he will bring war to the world. and, i think you’ll agree with me, he was. now, when we were talking about this election, we were all for obama. i think america has chosen wisely this time. obama looks profound and truly involved. if people of earth had to have just one president, i would vote for barack obama.

15. Meri says:

The changes I would like to see in the U.S. also apply to the rest of the world. I would like to see governments that truly protect the interests of the people and the planet rather than the interests of industry at the expense of the people and the planet. I would like to see more honest governments, and politicians operating with decency and integrity. It is possible, but I do believe those changes must start at the individual level; That we as individuals must first begin to operate with honesty, decency and integrity, with the interests of the planet and it’s human and animal communities first in our minds. Then our governments will also reflect this mentality in their operations.

16. Jean says:

Hey kevin, you peaked my interest in the word yield so I looked it up in the Webster’s New World Dictionary. Here is what the 2nd definition was. {To produce}, bear, bring fourth blossom; So in my opinoin you were right on in saying yield.
    Jean from MI

17. Rivka says:

To quote Ralph Nadar, Obama has a choice…either to go down in History as an “Uncle Sam” President (which I interpret to mean: defending and protecting the
    Constitution by dismantling the Orwellian nation we have become) or as an “Uncle Tom” (which I interpret as a leader which will continue to foster political policies which enslave the people of this nation lead by global corporations. I want the Constitution restored and imbraced!

18. Jonathan says:

It would be nice if the Dems could apologize to Bush for the way they savaged him the last eight years. Perhaps the Republicans will be more civil in their dialog with the President elect.

19. Karen Jackson says:

I’d like to see Big Pharma and the FDA’s powers greatly diminished and the increase and protection of our health freedom.

20. Cindy says:

Hey Guys,
    I liked the look of this recipe but I do not have a dehydrator & I don’t actually know what it does. I am not eating wholly raw so is there another way of ‘cooking’ these and do you need to cook them. Also what exactly does the dehydrator do and is it not a form of cooking since you mentioned they get warm?
    Thanks

21. Janice says:

I would like to turn on the TV and not be bombarded with commercials for drugs! I would like to see the FDA perform its original purpose of protecting our citizens from harmful substances or disbanned all togther. I would like pet food companies held to higher standards. I can do without the Patriot Act. I would like truly free speech in every form. I would like the EPA to ENFORCE higher standards for a cleaner planet.
    I would like it if we did not participate in politically motivated wars. I would like all plastic bottles of water banned all together. I would like to get rid of all disposable plastic bags and go back to something reusable or at least biodegradeable.

22. sarah says:

ENDING AND GETTING OUT OF THIS WAR,
    STABILIZING THIS FINANCIAL SITCH,
    AND ORGANIC RAW VEGAN INFO & ENDORSEMENT NATIONWIDE!…..
    RESULTING IN HUGE GROWTH OF ORGANIC FARMS, THE END OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY,
    AND 80% OF THE GROCERY STORES STOCKED WITH FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND NUTS AND SEEDS,
    AND RAW VEGAN JUICE BARS, CAFES, AND RESTAURANTS TAKING THE PLACE OF 80% OF ALL OTHER EATANDDRINKERIES NATIONWIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    homeopathy and naturopathy regaining their true place again (as they were during the civil war before allopathy took over).
    the fda being tried for its crimes, dismantled, & reorganized as an honest agency truly for the betterment of health.
    ………..for starters

23. ida margrethe says:

that looks super yummy! good job making the recipe, kevin.

oh heavens, what kind of change? first make the economy right maybe, thats a big step.
    was talking to my mum at home (norway) yesterday, and she was shocked how little i knew about how the war and the world’s economic crisis are linked, so yes.

after that start making our lifestyle more sustainable all over, regarding organic produce, health, animal health and so on..

24. Tami says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,
    It seems like a wonderful dish – except for the onion maybe.
    But the name! It sounds like a word in Yiddish – just the other end of Arabic! There are 2 possibilities: either it is KOOBEH – usually made from broken wheat (burgul, not bukgur) – the shape is right, but you put a filling of rice with some meat and pine nuts. Then it is (take a deep breath) fried.
    The other possibility is KABAB (not kebab) – meat quite the same shape or put on wooden sticks, seasoned the way you described and then cooked over open fire – well, dehydrated.
    Parsley goes very well with both – chopped and put in the mixture and as garnish at the end.
    Did you remember to use cilantro in the salad? Tastes wonderful!

25. Kevin wow, this was great! You are officially no longer a ‘wus’ in the kitchen – in my mind! My family and I loved this dish, so thank you for sharing the recipe. Before dehydrating, I was drawn to add a little fresh garlic, a spoonful of agave and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric. I know I’ve found success when I would make it again and this dish is a winner.
    I would love to hear what your/everyone’s 4 top dinners are…

26. Fiona says:

Thank you America! Your decision affects us in the rest of the world too. I would like to see a spirit of co-operation exist between all nations, and respect and compassion for our fellow human beings, animals and our environment. With this as a basis, our world will be truly amazing.

27. Julian says:

Could you please put your microphones closer to you and your guests. The opening and closing music is at a different and louder level Than your dicussions. Thank you, Julian

28. Maria-Pia says:

Economic, Environmental & War issues aside, I would like to see a ban on all refined products e.g. wheat, sugar. I also think more information and warnings need to be broadcast on the dangers of eating unhealthily. Restrictions need to be imposed on the number of fast food restaurants per capita. And this may sound a bit extreme, but how about if half of profits from these restaurants were to be pumped in to the health system directly??

29. Erin says:

I just don’t understand people that believe the killing of animals supercedes the killing of unborn babies in importance… never will. And if people think this nation is going to prosper under a presidency that endorses and promotes the same (our tax dollars will be paying for abortions), well I think you’ve got another thing comin’. That’s all I’ve got to say. Oh, that and “Change” isn’t coming either, but socialism is now well on it’s way. The fact of the matter though is that either candidate was headed in the wrong direction, McCain or Obama. Either way, the world is headed toward it’s end whether it’s in 5 years or 50 years it’s not gonna get THAT much better, it’s only going to steadily get worse, which if you look at history that’s what has happened. One marker for this is the fact that any civilization that has embraced, as a culture, the killing of babies, abortion or otherwise, say for sacrifices, and sexual perversion such as, dare I say it, homosexuality. Yes, I believe it’s a perversion, hate me if you like, just stating my opinion. I do have a right to state my opinion, right? It is still a free country, or so they say. Though it’s doubtful how long it will stay that way, we’re losing more and more of our freedoms all the time. More and more it’s becoming a crime to state how you feel. Anyway, every civilization that has embraced those two things comes to it’s relatively swift demise. A study was done on 2600 civilizations; I don’t think we’re going to escape the same fate. And by the way, that’s not to say that I think mistreatment of animals is okay. I most certainly do not, but first things first ya know. I think our priorities are really out of order. That’s the way I feel.