Raw Food Sunflower Seed Dip Recipe – The Renegade Health Show Episode #162

Wednesday Oct 15 | BY |

The last two days have been kind of a technical nightmare for me…

Yesterday’s live show was a little less than optimal and because of what I needed to do to get yesterday’s show to work I ended up deleting my computer’s sound card program!

Yep, it sounds as nasty as it really is.

What this means is that I can’t hear anything on my computer!

SOOOO… today’s episode was edited under those conditions. No sound! 🙂

So there might be some interludes that normally would have been cut, though it’s fine, since we weren’t calling each other names or anything like that… 😉

So on to the episode… this one was a LOT of fun to do. You’ll see when you watch it!

We got the Recipe from Ani Phyo and Food and Wine Magazine.

We also show you how to make a cucumber boat and then put it up the the “float test”.

Will it float or will it sink?

Take a watch and see…

Your question of the day: What fun things can you make with food for kids OR adults?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Here’s the recipe…

Raw Food Recipe – Sunflower Seed Dip by Ani Phyo

2 cups Sunflower Seeds -soaked 20 mins
3/4 cup dill
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp water

Combined in food processor or blender.

Serve with Crudites or in Cucumber Boat 🙂

PS. Here’s where you can get a Kleen Kanteen water bottle!

1. Holly says:

As ever, love the show 🙂 always entertaining. Love the truman show moment 😛 can’t wait for the smoothie book 🙂

Holly x

2. del says:

I miss spitting out watermelon seeds. This year I had a hard time finding real watermelon with real seeds. Even a organic farm had seedless watermelon. Wha’sup with that? Seeing how far I can spit that baby is so much fun. An if it done early in the year maybe, just maybe I’ll get a melon by autumn. Next year I’m doubling my efforts to find really authetic watermelon!

3. Liz says:

You guys are just too cute!!! Loved the little science experiment there! My kids just love making different faces on their plates out of raw veggies. They also love pushing the button on the blender or food processor!
    xo

4. Viveca says:

Kids can make ants on a log. They can use bananas, raw almond butter and raisins.

Great show. Laughter is the best medicine and you made me laugh tonight.

5. Kristina says:

You guys are a hoot. Thank you for the laughs Viveca is right it is definately the best medicine. Raw food is becoming more known for example Bruce Horowitz is teaching some uncooking classes at our local co-op. Yay! Our kiddos love helping in the kitchen but there favorite so far has been massaging the kale for kale salad, we got this amazing recipe from goneraw.com you massage the avocado lemon juice hemp oil in to the Dino Kale and top with spring onions and tamotoes ( maybe hemp seeds or pistachios)It is simple but amazing and they love the hand action as well as licking their hands afterwords.

BTW
    We had a hard time finding seeded wtermelons also so we are thinging of growing them. We did however find amazing seeded grapes in all varieties from local farms we love fig and grape cleansing shakes from RFRW

Peace love and fabulous food

6. Sparrow says:

Oh, man, you guys are so much fun!!

I don’t know fun things to make with food, but I put my lunch in a purple snack box with fairies on the lid and that’s pretty fun. I pulled out the snack box today and a classmate said, “what healthy thing did you bring to eat today?” Wow, I didn’t think anyone noticed my veggie binges but apparently it made an impression on someone.

7. Brad says:

Hi Kevin, I have a question, I am 15, 110 LB and I take 12mg of astaxanthin per day(is that too much) and have been for about 6 months, now my friends have been telling me my hands look very orange so about 2 months ago I stopped all the carrot juice I recently started drinking thinking I would go back to normal, but my hands are still orange, could it be the astaxanthin I’m taking seeing as how thats what makes salmon redish and Flamingo pink, could it be turning my hands orange-ish?

8. Bill says:

ROFLMAO!!! Funny Stuff 😀

We do funny faces with the kids salads and take photos of each one. They then decide which parts of the face they will eat first.

This has been a great way to get our children eating salads.

9. Richard says:

Thanks for a great show and all the great info. My question is : STarbucks offers organic coffee. They told me ,though that it is not organic after it is ground up and hits the air. How can that be?
    Thanks
    Rich

10. Linda says:

Cooking, or even raw non-cooking food preparation, can and should be fun for adults and kids alike and is a great activity to do together. I pre-measure ingredients and let my almost-4 year old granddaughter add and incorporate them. We love making banana bread together – it’s fun to chop nuts and break down squishy bananas. Food prep is a wonderful tactile experience and engages all the senses….taste, obviously, but also sight, smell and touch. While remaining respectful of and grateful for it, it’s good to enjoy and play with food! (Even non-raw omnivores are becoming more aware and respectful of the origins and processes that precede the presentation of food on a plate.)

Great fun episode…I had my money on the boat floating! See you at month end, AMG….au revior.

11. Rev Bob says:

Thanks Annmarie for using a recipe by Ani Phyo.
    I like her recipes because she uses very few ingredients, but ends up with delicious food.

Ever watch a 2 or 3 year old eat their birthday cake?

12. Joey says:

Hey Anne Marie:

You mentioned that salt prevents the beans from cooking well, so does tomato juice, just thought I’d mention this.

Joey

13. CINDY says:

you should tell your viewers about jon barron october special. I JUST GOT MY PRODUCTS FOR THE DETOXING PROGRAM PLUS HE IS HAVING A SALE ON HIS PRODUCTS…….. YOUR RECEIPE SOUNDS GOOD I LOVE SUNFLOWER SEEDS.

14. Lynn says:

I just love you guys together!!!

15. ROB says:

Thank you. I love watching you guys. You have great information and you make me laugh.

16. nashima says:

you are both so cute and funny! and i loved your wedding picture on the we like it raw website, just beautiful!
    I am often amazed how beautiful the simplest salads made of fresh, organic and colorful veggies look. colors in nature always seem to go well together : )

17. Wendi Dee says:

“We have a floater!”

OMG I can’t stop laughing. You two are awesome.

I never thought about making cucumber boats! What a great idea. We love playing with our food, especially KDcat (who sees cats in everything).

Lots of love to you both!

Wendi
    XOXOXO

18. Meri says:

Oh man, that was a brilliant episode. You guys are hilarious! Thanks for the laughs 🙂

19. sarah says:

shazzie has lots of fun recipes for kids and adults.
    everyone luvs fruit puddings.
    to our great surprise, our grandkids luv this one the best:
    LEMON PUDDING
    1/2 to 1 avocado
    juice of 1 to 2 lemons
    stevia or sweetener of choice or combo of both – to taste
    blend and serve.