A Raw Food Carrot Asparagus Curry – The Renegade Health Show Episode #157

Wednesday Oct 8 | BY |

Mmmm… Indian food…

We still do treat ourselves from time to time with cooked vegan Indian food, but the last time we realized it’s just too heavy and I doubt we’ll be doing it any time soon. 🙂

This is a great recipe that was in a book by Kate Wood. The book was given to Ann to borrow by a client of ours–and faithful viewer! (Thanks Dede!!!)

It’s nice spicy and sweet raw food Indian recipe that any one who loves asparagus and curry will really dig!

Your question of the day: Will we see you next week at one of David Wolfe’s talks? AND what or who would bring you to CT?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

This recipe is from Kate Wood’s Eat Smart, Eat Raw which you can find here!

Here’s the recipe:

Raw Food Carrot Asparagus Curry

Sauce -which is out of this world 🙂

6 Tomatoes or 2 Cartons of Cherry tomatoes
4 tbsp sun dried Tomatoes
2 sticks of celery
2 carrots
2 tbsp tamari (which Annmarie forgot 😉 and it taste great without
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion
2 tbsp Garam masala
1/2 red chili
pinch of curry (added by Annmarie)

Veggies

2 carrots
12 asparagus spears, sliced
6 mushrooms, sliced
4 oz spinach, shredded
4 oz lentil sprouts for garnish
4 tbsp cashews for garnish

To make the sauce, add all ingredients to Vita Mix and Blend. For veggies shred carrots or chop up into bit sizes pieces, ad all other veggies in bowl mix with sauce so the ingredients are evenly covered. Garnish serve and enjoy!!

Also… other resources…

To Register for the David Wolfe Events click here to visit DavidWolfeLive.com

Kevin

1. Wendi Dee says:

“a nice vortex” *giggle* I can only think of Sedona anymore when I hear the word “vortex.”

KDcat and I just picked up some asparagus and we always have carrots and Indian spices, so we’ll be making this tomorrow! Thanks so much for the demo, Annmarie!! I’m hoping it will taste good on a bed of lettuce, since I don’t have any spinach.

We won’t be in the area, but you are always welcome to come here to visit anytime you like. 😉

Lots of love to both of you,

Wendi
    XOXOXO

2. Jenn says:

Great recipe! I have some tomatoes still I was looking for something different to do, a curry sounds great 🙂 I don’t have masala, what spices would you suggest adding?

I will be seeing you, on both Sunday and Tuesday in fact. Just got home from the cafe, from Raw Chocolate prep class with Glen.

3. Mark (Mississauga) says:

Kev,

Vitamix is now making their container out of Lexar product. What do you know of this product… they say it’s safer than their previous container. Do you feel safe using your container since it is the older model? I would see if I could change it, personally. (I am in the market for the vitamix blender currently)

thanks Mark -Mississauga (ontario)

4. Carole says:

Your curry dish looks wonderful and can’t wait to try it. I just listened to your interview with David and I always learn something new from him. I didn’t get home from work in time to hear you being interviewed and I really wanted to hear that. Wish there was some way, if it was recorded, that it could be replayed. What are the chances?
    Carole

5. Lilla says:

Yum! How many servings?

6. Meri says:

The curry looks great. I won’t be at any of the events you mentioned because I’m stuck here in the UK (Booo!). However, David Wolfe is speaking in London on Saturday 18th October, and I will be at that event 🙂

What’s all this business about the vitamix container? I haven’t got one yet but I’ve been thinking about it.

7. Pete says:

Hi Kevin,
    Kate lives just down the road from me. She’s actually called Kate Magic these days, as she changed her name.
    Watch her & Shazzie sing 🙂 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQjK0tqcef4

8. Estrella says:

That curry looks yummy! Can’t wait to try it. Regarding possible future guests: perhaps you could get together with raw vegan athlete Tim VanOrden (from http://www.runningraw.com.) He’s based in Vermont but runs lots of races in the New England area. Lately he’s had incredible results (1st place finishes and new course records!) His mission is to show the world what’s possible living a raw food diet.

Thanks for your wonderful show!

9. Ildiko says:

Great recipe, cannot wait to try it!
    I was thinking of “cooking” the asparagus in the dehydrator either with the sauce or without to make it even softer.
    You could also try to serve it over “rice”. I made this amazing recipe from equal part of cauliflower, parsnip chopped up fine in food processor together with some fresh ginger and a tiny bit of almond butter and salt to taste. I swear to god, when I opened the lid of processor it smelled exactly like rice and it tasted amazing!

10. Kat says:

Thanks for the recipe and demo – can’t wait to try it, I absolutely love curry!!

Oooooh, I wish I could come to the events next week! Why don’t you (or as we say here, “y’all”) come to Oklahoma?? 😉

Have fun next week!!