A Parsnip Pear Mash The Raw Food Way – The Renegade Health Show Episode #152

Wednesday Oct 1 | BY |

I think I’ve hardly had a chance to breathe today…

It’s been one of those days when you realize that you do have 4 companies and they all need a little TLC. Phheeeww…

Regardless of my day, here’s a raw food recipe that will make your fall (or for that matter any season) warm and delicious.

Take a look and see how to make this incredible and easy-to-make raw parsnip pear “mash”…

Your question of the day: What has been your experience with the changing colors of the leaves?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Please be sure to sign up for “The Rawkathon” so you can access 15 live and raw food experts by online video for free! Click here!

Parsnip Pear Mash Raw Food Recipe

3 Pears
4 Parsnips (Peeled)
1/4 Chopped Onion
Cinnamon to taste
Sea Salt to taste
Water for consistency

Add everything to the blender and add some water. Blend. Add more water if needed. Enjoy!

1. jacq says:

That looked great! I am totally looking for some heavier recipes with fall coming and the urge to hibernate making me want to eat, eat, EAT!

The leaves around here are (Ontario, Canada) are becoming more on fire with their reds and golds… and it increases the feeling wanting to slow down, wear sweaters and eat soup.

2. Linda says:

OK, I have to bow before your VitaMix…it’s the SUV of kitchen appliances! (You didn’t sample the product on camera so I’m not sure how delicious that was…?) I will, however, continue to cook my fruits and veggies before I puree because I love that deep developed flavor. I don’t actually lose a lot of goodness in so doing as I use some of the cooking water to thin the puree in the food processor. In any event, color me impressed….I didn’t think you could do that to raw parsnips! And now I’m about ready to invest in that VitaMix.

3. Sandi Miller says:

The changing colors of the leaves. Well, Until I came to CA for my health, two years ago, I lived in PA most of my life. Allentown, Kutztown, and New Smithsville. New Smithsville has beautiful hills, full of trees, lots of open country land, with horses and cows, and winding country roads. The changing colors of yellow, red and orange make everything beautiful!

4. Dede says:

Parsnips – that’s a vegetable I have never had the nerve to try – – I had always thought they were suppose to be bitter….BUT NOW…I know the facts – thank you very much – – and I will try one next week :-).
    Don’t have any leaf experiences to share – oh – wait – I do have one. When I lived in Savannah, Georgia, I visited a state park that was the site of a civil war battle. I thought it would be interesting to roam around on a quiet fall afternoon. I took a shortcut from the parking lot to the visitor’s center across a gigantic field of beautiful ,colorful fallen leaves, kicking thru them like a 5 yr old…..until I got close enough to the visitor’s center warning sign that read “Danger..Rattlesnake Season…Do not walk thru fallen leaves.” Apparently, the rattlesnakes hide under the leaves…….and THAT’s my leaf experience :-)..hugs, Dede…ps – I’m expecting to have a much better leaf experience this fall in the beautiful NE :-).

5. Janet says:

You might also enjoy the root veggie called Salsify. You can mix them with parsnips and carrots for a root veggie medley.

By the way you can use maple leaves for a tea.

6. DebB says:

The 8 years my husband was in the Navy, we were stationed in the New England area, upstate NY and Groton, CT to name a few. So! We’ve had some beautiful falls in our past.

We’ve been in WA State for 20 years, these pines are gorgeous, but there’s a reason they’re called evergreens. We do have beautiful falls here too (there are other trees besides pines – wink!)

Keep up the great work! *Ü*

7. Meri says:

The trees across the road opposite my house are in that lovely in between stage where they’re green, red, orange and yellow all at once. It’s very beautiful. Autumn is definitely here in the UK, and it’s getting pretty cold. Brrrr! Extra socks and higher electric bills from now on 🙁

8. FrankieClaire says:

Many falls we have driven through the Smokey Mountains and enjoyed the leaf color. And a few years ago we visited Maine in the fall. God is wonderful to give us this beautiful color each year that inspires our souls.

9. Dorothy says:

Autumn leaves experience: There’s nothing like the autumn in the Chuska Mountains near Tohatchi and Crytal north of Gallup, New Mexico…all shades of the spectrum of browns, reds and greens. My lawd what a morning!!! A haven for the photographers.

10. Taina says:

I’m jealouse! I miss the fall leaves but nothing beats Florida weather in the fall and winter. I may just go to the beach today!! I’ve had my vitamix for years and love it! I grind peppers onions garlic stewed tomatoes broccoli and spinach in it to make beef stew adding oatmeal, wheat germ, meat, potatoes and carrots for the kids to see. Broth is made of V8 and beef broth mixed. They are not raw yet!

11. Janice says:

Thanks

12. Janice says:

In Indiana the color is beautiful!

13. ida margrethe says:

looks great! would never have thought of that.. u didnt taste it tho!

people try to convince me that root vegetables cant be eaten raw, but sliced up beet, carrot and sweetpotato goes beautifully with dips like guacamole.
    what else can be done with root vegetables?!

cheers!

14. ida margrethe says:

ah yes, autumn, beautiful time. im currently in the SH so im missing out. but springtime is super, so its no loss.

looks great! would never have thought of that.. u didnt taste it tho!

what else can be done with root vegetables?!

cheers!

15. Jenn says:

I live in CT as well and LOVE the fall!! Hoping for some good colors this year, but I also love all the apple festivals and such that occur this time of year.

I’m curious, do you think that would work OK in a processor(I don’t have a Vitamix)? I’m thinking it might end up a little chunkier but I’m OK with that. Also, what sort of pears did you use? I’ve seen many in local farmers markets lately but never know which have the best flavor. I like parsnips so this sounds like a recipe I’d like to try.

16. Rawbill says:

I am going to try that one. I do miss my mashed potato!!! It was my favourite part of dinner!

I am in Australia and we are getting into beach weather around here! The majority of leaves in my part of the world are boring, they are the same all year round!

17. Wendi Dee says:

That sounds yummy…I’ll check for parsnips at the co-op.

You know I’ve seen the many times breathtaking beauty of the changing Autumn leaves. It’s something I’ll miss when we are living in CA.

Lots of love to both of you!

Wendi
    XOXOXO

18. Sparrow says:

Wow, that parsnip/pear mash looks awesome! I’m transitioning to raw and that’s just the kind of recipe I needed: simple, filling, inexpensive, quick.

I live in Idaho now so the leaves change color but it’s not that impressive – mostly a lot of yellow birch leaves mixed with dark green pine. Okay, I take that back; it is gorgeous. But I grew up in Appalachia and spent half a year in Vermont so the bar is kind of high for me when it comes to fall foliage. Vermont was the most beautiful I’d ever seen, with reds on fire like a Renoir painting I saw in a museum once. . . . funny, isn’t it, that the first high compliment I could think of for the glory of nature was an oil painting? I think that should be the other way around — the Vermont foliage is the glory that the Renoir painting echoed.

Have a grand and glorious day!

19. Marlene says:

looks yummy! I’m in Colorado and it’s gotten very cold here. Went for a hike a couple of days ago and saw beautiful fall colors. Also got snowed on! Our colors are at their end, especially with the weather- rain and wind. I did get some awesome pictures! I first experienced fall colors when I lived in Massachusetts for 2 years. Coming from California I was awestruck! I think there are more reds in New England than Colorado.