Raw Food Recipe for Not-Stir Fry Vegetables – The Renegade Health Show Episode #142

Wednesday Sep 17 | BY |

I love stir-fry…

Annmarie does too, so she really wanted to bring a raw food recipe to the table that was stir fry AND raw.

(Hence the “Not-Stir Fry” in the title)

This is inspired from Cherie Soria’s book “The Raw Revolution Diet”.

Your question of the day: What is your favorite packaged raw snack?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Here’s the recipe from Cherie Soria’s “The Raw Revolution Diet”

(BTW: We HIGHLY recommend this book… please click here to check it out and get a copy today!)

Not-Stir Fried Vegetables

Teriyaki Marinade and Pineapple

¼ cup tamari
2 tbsp evaporated cane juice –I used agave
1 ½ tbsp raw sesame oil
1 ½ tbsp feeshly squeezed lemon
1 tbsp flaxseed or olive oil
1 tbsp onion powder
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic crushed
¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ large pineapple, peeled cored and cubed

Combined all ingredients except pineapple. Blend well

Poor small amount of marinade over pineapple. Let sit at room temp to marinade while preparing veggies

Veggies

¾ cup snow or snap peas
¾ cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
¾ cups thinly sliced bok choy
¾ cup mung bean sprouts
½ cup finely chopped broccoli with stems
½ cup thinly sliced celery (sliced crosswise)
½ cup red bell pepper, finely julienned
½ carrot, finely julienned
¼ red onion, finely julienned

Combined veggies in glass bowl, add marinade, and toss. Put in dehydrator set at 125 degrees F for 30 mins to 2 hours. Or the veggies can marinate in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours. Poor off marinade before serving.

To serve garnish veggies with marinated pineapple skewers!

Kevin

1. Wendi Dee says:

Wow, I’m so pleased that you liked the food so much you went out to find a recipe to make some of your own! 🙂 I like the idea of the pineapple with it–YUM!

I wish we lived closer to each other. It would be fun to get together more often.

Thanks to both of you mentioning it on your show when you first arrived in Sedona, one of my favorite snacks is the Laughing Giraffe Organics Walnut Pecan Cherry Ginge Gluten Free Granola. I have a bag of it here next to my desk. YUM! I only bought one bag, though, since I try to not eat too many packaged foods. I feel better when I’m eating cleaner/fresher.

Lots of love to both of you!

Wendi
    XOXOXO

2. Ray says:

Gnosis chocolate bars, any flavor.

3. Daniel says:

Long time viewer. First time commenter here. =)

One of my favorite packaged raw food treats are the Chocolate Coconut Raw Organic Food Bars. I travel a lot, and they are great little snacks that are simple, easy, and relatively cheap. Whole Foods carries them if your local health food store doesn’t.

4. Melody says:

I like to buy Lara bats. I like the chocolate ones.

5. Melody says:

that was suppose to be Lara bars (sorry spelling error)

6. Caryl says:

luscious Lemon Swirl, Yummy!

7. Dede says:

without a doubt – my favorite raw snack is – dried gooseberries (but I think you call them something else – but you know what I mean :-))

Glad you are home!!! Dede

8. Akili says:

Man I love your show it keeps me wanting to stay raw! i’m the only vegetarian in my house I am trying to go all raw but right now I’m about 90%. keep up the good work and keep us informed! peace!

9. Melissa says:

I LOVE the fruit & nut (pecan pie) Lara Bars. I don’t eat them all the time, but when I am leaving the house and know it will be a while, I grab one to take on the road. Very yummy, and very filling! So glad you are back!
    Melissa 🙂

10. crow says:

I love mixed raw nuts.

11. Bill says:

My most favourite packaged Raw Food snack would have to be this Chewy Choc Fudge Bar that we sell on our site.

They are absolutely delicious and very addictive! The are made by a very good friend of ours Karen from http://kitzlivingfoods.com

Whenever we are travelling, we always take loads of her bars and crackers with us. She also makes an awesome range of Raw Granola.

Thanks for the great shows Kevin and Annmarie, you guys are fantastic!!! 🙂

12. Debra High says:

Hi Guys,

I enjoy your shows so much! The recipes and the amounts given looks like a lot of food. How many servings, in general, will this make?

13. Janice says:

Can’t view the video. Anyone else got this problem?

14. Colleen says:

I really like your show.
    My favorite raw packaged food is Phi Plus from http://www.naturezone1.com it is delicious and nutritious. I make a desert out of it I call it Chocolate Mouse Phi Pie. Just go to my site and scroll to the bottom their is a recipe on how to make it and you can watch how I make it. Its all raw and organic.

15. Hello. My name is Justin Baumgartner and I make those yummy Snakaroons Kevin is talking about in the video. I first want to say thank you to Kevin for supporting our little company. It is still kind of crazy to think people are enjoying our products all over the country and talking about them on shows like this and other blogs.

We are a tiny family owned and operated company and we do everything from put the stickers on the bags to ship out the product. We will be launching an online store the first week of August and will be extending a discount code to Renegade Heatlh Show viewers so stay tuned to Kevin’s broadcasts!!!!!

16. Karen Jackson says:

I’m still a work in progress regarding my diet. I really, really appreciate your recipe days. It’s so much better seeing it done than looking through a raw cookbook. That looked really yummy. You guys are the best!

xoxoxo

17. Marie says:

I really like LIVING NUTZ

I like very much the Cina-Pecans, The chili pistachios, and the onion garlic pistachios.

18. Shaun in Tucson says:

The Laughing Giraffe does it for me, too, and thankfully all the products will be available online in a few weeks.

19. Ana says:

hey guys! welcome home! 🙂
    we were around CT a few days ago, thought of you both, but I remembered you were on the other side of the States.
    love the recipe! will try to make it soon…thanks for sharing.
    by the way, “the laughing giraffe” doesn’t seem to sell online, or at least I cannot see where.
    If you know how to get it let me know, please, as I am not planning a trip to the west side of the States just yet.
    take care.

20. Ana says:

by the way, for the moment my favourite raw snack are “Lara Bars” too, but I’m looking for something less rich, and less caloric. 🙂

possibly more protein type thing. 🙂
    tried some time ago some “Raw Revolution” green version ones, but they don’t seem to stock them anymore.

21. Cheryl Holt says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie!
    Loved the show! Glad your home!
    I’m with Annmarie!
    Laughing Giraffe Organic Gluten Free Raw Vegan Snakaroons are the BOMB!
    EAT WELL LIV BETR

You can find info on the giraffe here and send an e-mail for getting them back east.

They are available at Whole Foods in Az, Colorado, Neveda, New Mexico, So. Cal.
    If Justin isn’t willing to I will graciously send care package!

When I was at the RSF I tested so much stuff looking for good products to sell in the future in the Fair trade grocery store next to the Raw Vegan Eatery. I found some really good stuff.

Gnosis Chocolate makes a new Handmade Raw Organic Chocolate Bar call SUPERCHOC! It is a smooth dark chocolate that is filled with major super foods and tastey!!!!!!! Plus, Vanessa is a very bright light for the world. Please see below:
    Indulge Your Health with these Ingredients: Cacao beans, cacao butter, honey with royal jelly and propolis, agave nectar, goji berries, freeze-dried raspberries, bee pollen, mesquite, maca root powder, Siberian ginseng powder, ashwaghanda powder, gingko biloba powder, gotu kola powder, burdock root powder, açai powder, crystal manna flakes, vanilla bean, reishi mushroom extract, passionflower powder, rose hips, orange zest, Love. (All organic. All raw except for açai powder and reishi mushroom extract. May contain traces of nuts other than peanuts.)
    Gnosis delivers the most exotic combination of raw superfoods and superherbs ever with the SuperChoc Bar! This is the bar of choice for those who like their chocolate to deliver on all levels. The SuperChoc Bar is a powerful superfood bar clothed in the rich taste and smooth texture of raw, organic cacao.
    Another tasty treat was a Goji thumbprint, a nice cookie from Alive & Radiant Foods I think, but I am not positive as I lost the wrapper. If any one knows please let me know.

Love, Light, and Peace,
    Cheryl (Cilantro Cacao) : )

22. Cheryl Holt says:

I just saw the blog that L. G. was going to be available on-line! (Laughing Giraffe) I am soooo happy. Laughing!!!! for the Giraffe. Yeah!!!

23. janet b says:

livingnutz.com

living nutz, the pesto and the cinnabunz my fav, but that was hard to choose…
    so good…

give ’em a try… good folks, good food!!

24. Sandy says:

Great meeting you guys at Raw Spirit Festival! Please visit us when you are in the DC area http://www.rawfood.meetup.com/67

I love Healthy Green Grub and it is local in VA! Yum. http://www.healthygreengrub.com

For something sweet I like Maple Madness and something tangy I have the Squirrel Stores!

Sandy

25. Yogi Suzi says:

WildBar is a nutrient rich raw superfood bar. It is cacao based with a double serving of blue green algae, hemp seed, maca, pure raw vanilla powder, himalayan salt, and, depending on the flavor, Spice, Mint, Lemon, or Berry, other goodies enhance the bars. WildBar is 100% raw, organic, dairy and gluten free, and delicious. OK, maybe I toot my own horn as I am one of the creators of WildBar yet my partner and I created it to our liking and are so very grateful that we have fans and friends that love WildBar as much as we do! http://www.wildbar.info if you like.

26. sheree says:

Love this no fry veggie stir. :o) I love lemon larabars and monkey bars. Have to try this new found goodie you have!