Raw Gazpacho Soup from Sedona – The Renegade Health Show Episode #137

Wednesday Sep 10 | BY |

I think the kitchen here is smaller than ours at home…

But that didn’t stop us from putting on a fun “in the kitchen” show with a great raw food recipe! 🙂

Here’s an easy and refreshing raw gazpacho soup that you can make to wow all your friends at a summer BBQ. (If you go to BBQs 😉 )

(We found this awesome recipe on GoneRaw.com)

Take a look now…

Your question of the day: How far would you drive to party with us?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

If you’re in Sedona for the Raw Spirit Fest, please come visit us for a party on Thurs! Click here to RSVP!

Here’s the recipe:

Raw Gazpacho Soup

2 Cups Orange Juice (Fresh!) (About 4-5 large oranges)
1 Small Watermelon
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cucumber, diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Small Red Onion, diced
1 Mango, diced
1 Jalapeno
2 cloves garlic
1 Lime
Handful of Cilantro, chopped
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste!

Instructions: Blend orange juice and watermelon in the Vitamix. Chop the jalapeno pepper and add to the blender. Also add the garlic cloves. Then add 1/2 of all the other ingredients into the blender. Blend.

Pour into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, squeeze the lime on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve chilled!

Kevin

1. Jenn says:

Hope you are having an awesome time in AZ, already seems as if you are starting out with a good trip. The soup looks good, I like this tropical twist on it and think I might make a variation of it this weekend(less liquid, more chunks, NO cilantro for me).

How far would I travel??

At home, an hour or so…oh wait that is how far you live from me I think. Good thing about CT, small enough to get most places ans still have time to spend a day with friends 😉

Well as much as I’d love to check out the Raw Festival I can’t during school, if it was summer time or a vacation and I had the time I’d travel a few hours(or fly if farther)

My question, what do you have planned for the 2 pineapples that were sitting in the corner?

2. Dede says:

Hi guys – – just looked up “regular” gazpacho – – its not cooked either………but watermelon in leui of tomatoes – great idea!!
    Me? – – I’d travel to the ends of the earth and back – to party with you two…hugs, Dede

3. Linda says:

Dede’s right…most gazpacho is not cooked. With all the great ripe tomatoes around this month, though, I’ll stick to the traditional type. By the way, did you guys taste your soup off-camera?! (Thanks to the miracle of the world wide web, no driving is necessary to catch up with you two!)

4. Penni says:

I am drooling over that delicious gazpacho!! Not only am I driving over 2 hours to get to your party, I will have flown a couple of hours before that as well!! Can’t wait to get to meet you two in person.

5. Bridgette says:

Hey Guys…..
    Great show….we can’t make the party on Thursday but what about Fri, Sat & Sun???
    Me and my sister are driving 8hrs from Silverthorne, Co. pulling Maybel to come Party in the RAW!!!! : )
    thetwosisters~

6. Caryl says:

Hi,
    Looking Good and Yummy!!
    I wish I could go but maybe next year.
    Have Fun!!!!!
    Caryl

7. Lisa says:

You two know each other better than we “know” you. You knew how tired you were, but I thought you did great. I really appreciate you still doing the show being as spent as you were. You guys are awesome. I hope you have a wonderful time at the festival. Thanks for taking us with you! 🙂

8. The recipe looks awesome.. How did it taste?
    I would love to be there..I am sure I will meet up with you both again..
    Blessings, Marina 🙂

9. Dustin says:

great show…wish I could join everyone in Sedona. I just drove through Phoenix last week on my way to SoCal. Hope to be in your company at another event.

10. Lindy says:

Wow! Tonight was a first. You two are really beat…didn’t even mention tasting the gazpacho. Or did you put it in the frig, and enjoy it for breakfast?

I’d drive three hours (actually I’d take the Megabus), to party with you in Chicago. When will you be there?

11. tammie bendell says:

i would have to fly too 🙂 living in devon england but i would you two are an inspiration to me .as you have opened new doors in health for me to slowly step through .thank you .so the answer to your question is id love too party with you guys

12. rose says:

i can sense the pre festival excitement…
    wish i was there and could make it to your party. i should have made it happen somehow…
    x

13. Joyce says:

Lovely take on the traditional raw soup. But, I too, will stick with the traditional tomato version! Have a fun time in Sedona.

14. Colleen says:

Hey guys,

How about taping the party for those of us that can’t be with you! Or….maybe a live feed? I know you have liminted space to set up, but it sure would be fun!

Love to you both,
    Colleen

15. Ana says:

that looks delicious AnnMarie! 🙂
    I would have loved to be there guys! it would be great to party with you both! 🙂 it’s a long way to go to ARizona…maybe one day. 🙂

16. Meri says:

The soup looks really nice, I may make that at the weekend when I’ve got all the ingredients. I think it’s awesome you guys still do the show for us when you’re tired, and did an ‘In the Kitchen’ episode even though you weren’t at home. Three cheers for the Giannis!
    I gotta say I wouldn’t drive to see you coz I never learnt to drive and I wouldn’t want to cause an accident! I would, however, fly, run, walk or crawl if necessary 😉

17. sarah says:

I LUVVVV YOUR SHOW!!!!
    THESE PODCASTS FROM THE FESTIES ARE JUST SOOOO GREAT AND INSPIRING! –
    MY HUSBAND AND I ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND NEXT YEAR!
    THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS TO US!
    THE GAZPACHO IS DIFFERENT AND SOUNDS FAB.
    AND I WOULD TRAVEL ACROSS THE CONTINENT, FOR SURE.

18. Bea Acs says:

I would definitely drive a couple hours to party with you two! If you ever come to Florida you’ll have to party with us!

19. Michele says:

Hi there,
    I love your shows…. and I’d really love to party with you guys, and would be happy to drive from my house to yours…. however as I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland, I’d probably get a bit wet on the drive across the Atlantic!
    Love,
    Michele.x

20. micki says:

Hi there! I too hope that I can come to the Raw Spirit Fest next year! I have a friend in Tucson who’s getting encouraged by my involvement and who might come too. By the way, Gazpacho is not originally a Mexican dish. It is in fact from South of Spain (Andalucia). But it’s delicious in all its variations nonetheless. I’m going to try the Goneraw recipe very soon!
    Blessings,

21. liz says:

Hi there

Love the recipe will try it soon.

Ever tried using ceramic knives instead of steel ones as they do not
    leave a metallic taste on the food. You can also get a ceramic
    peeler as well. They are expensive but so wroth it.

love

liz

22. Kirsten says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

You mentioned that you met a couple from Calgary Alberta. That’s where I live and I would also drive that far to meet you guys at a raw festival. My friend and I drove a few summers ago to a raw retreat in Mollala Oregon and met Victoria Boutenko, Gabriel Cousins…and others who’s names escape me. This is where I picked up 80/10/10 and it’s one of my favorite books along with The Cure Is In The Cause by Ruza Bogdanovich. I HIGHLY recommend these two books. In Nov my husband and 9yr old son and I are driving to Las Vegas and then on to Disneyland. I’m sourcing out places along the way to buy things that would normally cost for shipping to Canada. Wheather it be food or equipment. I’m looking for a grain flaker so I can make more nutrient rich breakfasts for my ‘cooked’ son. It’s hard to get kids of his age off the comfort foods. If you can think of any ‘must haves’ that I should pick up please let me know. I recently came accross http://www.amazinggrass.com They look like they have a great formula for kids. If you or any of your readers have any opinions on it or know of something better I’d love to get any info that you have. Since it’s such a long drive our time is tight. My husband is not into this raw food thing so he will only have so many patients when it comes to chasing all over for different things.

Thanks guys for your videos, keep up the good work!!!

Kirsten

23. Maria says:

Hi,
    JUst wanted you to know that Gazpacho is really a Spanish dish,from the south of Spain where the climate is hot. It is made basically with tomato and cucumber, some peper, onion and garlic + salt and olive oil. There are different variations making it stonger or softer,but to mix in fruits like orange etc makesit a totally idfferent dish, for us that is not gazpacho!!