Raw Banana Ice Cream with Chocolate Syrup and Cashew Whipped Cream – The Renegade Health Show Episode #132

Wednesday Sep 3 | BY |

Oh man…

This doesn’t really need any introduction, but I might as well talk it up a bit! 🙂

We wanted to prepare a raw food dessert for our friends and this recipe for raw banana ice cream with chocolate syrup and cashew whipped cream was top on the list.

You’ll even get to see us serve this raw dessert to our friends and get their approval rating.

Let them tell you it’s the real deal…

Your question of the day: Do you like Annmarie’s or my introduction better? (You can be honest! We don’t mind!)

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment here!

Here’s the recipe:

Raw Banana Ice Cream with Chocolate Syrup and Cashew Whipped Cream

Banana Ice Cream
By Elaina Love in The Complete Book of Raw Food
4 very ripe bananas, peeled and frozen

Process the frozen bananas through a Champion Juicer with the blank plate. You may also cut them into small pieces and blend them with a tiny tiny bit of water until creamy.

Chocolate Syrup
By Elaina Love in The Complete Book of Raw Food
2 heaping tbsp of cacao powder
1/4 cup flaxseed oil
3/4 cup water -add slowly
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pitted dates -don’t soak 🙂
Tocotrienols if needed to thicken

Blend together until smooth.

Cashew Whipped Cream
By Nomi Shannon
1 cup cashews, soaked at least 2 hours
4 dates -soaked at least 2 hours
vanilla bean
agave
water (enough to yield a light fluffy mixture)

Blend for at least 45 sec to 1 min

Kevin

1. ray says:

KEVIN SHOULD DO INTRO–

2. Looks Incredible.. Can’t wait to try it.. YUM…
    Wishing you both safe travels..
    Marina 🙂
    We met in Fort Bragg

3. Gayle says:

Oh my Gosh!!! This is so awesome!!!!

What – you want me to share – forget it!! The serving bowl is MY bowl.

So glad that you shared this one.

4. Carol says:

Love you Annmarie but I’d sooner have Kevin. Anyway, love your recipe. I’ll try it as soon as I get the cashews. Much love

5. Dorian Valles says:

Loved this show! Annmarie was just right! HOw ’bout if you both share the duties of introducing the show? (I really like Kevin’s “craziness” too). Or perhaps, Annmarie can always introduce the “In the Kitchen” shows? Can’t wait to try this recipe-looks scrumptious.

6. sarah says:

-dont make me pick between you and annmarie! i like kevins “crazed” intro to be honest.
    -WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE ONE OF THOSE KINDS OF JUICERS? CAN YOU MAKE THE ICECREAM WITH ANOTHER KIND OF EQUIPMENT??????vitamix?processor?
    -kevin you mentioned using your nutbags to strain – green juices???? – on your interview with nomi…can you elaborate? and is it easy to clean the bag?
    – are you blending your green juices and straining them thru the nutbags rather than using your jack lalane? is that because you cant do alot of greens in a jack lalane type juicer?
    (we have a new jack lalane)
    -also, nomi said that braggs was a “bad” product…is it bad because it is cooked?….nama shoyu has wheat in it and so, what do you do if you cant have wheat, and you want to use a raw seasoning that tastes like braggs or nama shoyu?
    THANKYOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!

7. Mary Ellen says:

sorry i missed meeting u tonite but got out of the doctors too late. didn’t know what time i would get there having to take a bus to get to grand central station during rush hour, so i did not even try. also didn’t know if there would be a ride back to city & not too many trains going back. i guess i will wait until there is a meeting in manhattan or queens. really would have loved to hear david wolfe but didn’t know if it paid to get there at 8pm. so another time.

8. Bea says:

Yummy, looks delicious! I agree–Annmarie should introduce the kitchen shows =) It’s nice to see you working together so well, you guys rock!

9. Gina says:

Your video didn’t have any sound. I checked my computer and I have sound with everything else except your video. Gina

10. Bridgette says:

give her a couple more times and she will rock….not sure if she will rock as loudly and as crazy as Kevin does but I bet you let her lose for a couple episodes and Annmarie will come out in a whole new sexy woman’s way….
    Ya’ll are wonderful!!!! See you at the raw spirit fest… 🙂

11. Janet says:

Do you have a way to make this recipe nutless? I am allergic to nuts (and sesame seeds).

12. Karen says:

I think Annmarie was AWESOME, but Kevin, maybe if you stepped out of the background you could give Annmarie full control and try again. I LOVE both of your “full of energy” attitudes. It is entertaining as well as educating. Thanks!!!

13. Mary says:

Great Show! I love you both, but I really am hooked on Kevin’s mega enthusiastic intro! After a tough day at work, it always puts a smile on my face! On the other hand, it’s pretty hard to beat Annmarie’s beautiful smile! You two are awesome! Thanks for all you do.

14. JOY says:

Hello Annmarie and Kevin
    I would like to know what Tocotrienols are.
    And I wish you both HAPPY TRAVELS.
    JOY

15. Valentina says:

Love both of you! Safe trip!

16. Lisa says:

Annemarie, you’re awesome, but natural is better and Kevin’s intensity is natural to him. This makes for the best intro and close in my opinion. I just don’t think it’s you as much. Not that you didn’t do it well. I just think it’s more him. ? 😉 I find that my ice cream comes out better with the bananas not frozen, but the other items in it frozen. I’m the only raw person in my family but they’re all very happy with my raw vegan ice cream. They weren’t when it was with the frozen bananas. So I left the bananas a room temp, pureed them with some agave cactus sweeter and then added a bag of frozen berries a little at a time until we had ice cream. It’s incredible. Bananas taste a little funky when frozen. Too chalky in my family’s opinion. This alteration fixes that. Your chocolate sauce & whipped cream would offset that chalky taste though. The show was awesome. It looked delicious and your guests literally seemed speechless as they were enjoying your treat too much to talk about it! Good job! Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do.

17. Meri says:

You are both great at the intro so why not take turns?

By the way, for those who have been asking about what the deal is with Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, I did notice an article on NaturalNews.com a while back with some info on this and other Bragg products. Here’s where you can read it.

18. LINDA says:

kevin is best to intro and end show……..ann marie you are you and wonderful………….you both taking part is the best and fun part.you bounce
    off each other beautifully… it take the two of you
    to make it perfect.i love the other night when you
    were grabbing the food for your trip and putting it away so he would not eat it………..that is the fun and beautiful part of you together………
    you complement each other……….
    nomi said that braggs was a “bad” product…why?….nama shoyu has wheat in it and so, what do you do if you cant have wheat,

19. Linda Long says:

Annmarie is awesome and Kevin is so funny/crazy with his intros. I like that he goes with the music.

20. Lynn says:

Annemarie, you were great!! You did a good job on letting your wild side out and I think you should do the intro to “In the Kitchen” like someone else above suggested. Love the show, love the recipes. I like how you actually demonstrate them and don’t just show the recipe and the completed item. Keep up the terific work. I always look forward to “hangin” with you guys each day!!

21. faye says:

i think anne marie should do the kitchen intros as they seem more like her show! and kevin should do the other intros. you are both great to watch, I watch you everyday when i am having my lunch. its great to see happy smiling people!!!

22. Polly says:

AnneMarie should introduce Weds Food Segment!
    Maraschino Cherries? Do you really want to know? I used to live in Traverse City, Michigan, the cherry capitol of the world! Perfectly good cherries are bleached white (kind of the color of a maggot or pus) and then soaked in a solution of HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) and red dye # 2 or whatever. It is truly gross and they should never ever be consumed by anyone!

23. Karen Jackson says:

No one can match Kevin’s enthusiasm, but Annmarie, you are just adorable! Thanks for the yummy recipe and your great shows. I also want to know, how else can you grind up the bananas?

24. Deanna Dean says:

Both of you are so much fun to watch-You’ve become family!

Don’t know what Tocotrenols are???

Can’t wait to try this recipe!

Your health mate,
    Deanna

25. Elaina harman says:

I vote for Annmarie to do the food shows and kevin for the info shows.
    Love seeing the recipe, like the others who asked if this can be made without the juicer, don’t yet have one of those. And also what is tocotrenols???
    Thanks,
    Elaina

26. Laura says:

Okay, truth time. I prefer Kevin’s intro. And for the banana ice cream (which I’ve been making for a long time!) you can add any –or all– of the following: raw carob powder, frozen blueberries or other berries, a vanilla bean. It’s fun to experiment because you get to eat what you create!

27. Dawn says:

Kevin does the intro best, but I love when Annmarie says “Hi Guys” before her food prep demos!!

Thanks for the recipe today and especially for using the Sampson juicer. I have one of those and I don’t use it because I really don’t know how :)!! I don’t have instructions or anything for it, so I really appreciate it when I see someone else using it. I would like to use it more-do you think you could give some demos using that juicer??

Warm regards,
    Dawn
    ^^^Colorado

28. Linda says:

Rock it, Annmarie….I love seeing you taking charge of your kitchen segments. I will probably never make a single one of these recipes but I don’t miss an episode. We’re missing you…hope all’s well.

29. Guylaine says:

Annemarie, don’t try to emulate your crazy husband, you have your own personality, make it show. I would like to see you do the intro to the “in the kitchen” your own way.:)
    Yummy stuff! It’s on my list for next weekend.
    Thanks,
    Guylaine

30. sheree says:

Kevin you are naturally crazy and poor Anne Marie has to work at it, which leaves me to say that Kevin you do the intro and leave Anne to do the “cookin”. This looks great! I wonder if you can use a magic bullet, blender, processor, to make this recipe? If you know could you let us know? thanks, Enjoy

31. del says:

the answer is YES!

32. Marcla says:

You are a TEAM.

33. Mona says:

I think Ann Marie should introduce the kitchen shows since she does the teaching and do it her own way. Love you Ann Marie!

34. Linda says:

I love it when Kevin does the intros and I start to laugh when he gets all crazy then….you look over at AnnMarie and the silly faces she is making listening to Kevins intro and I laugh even harder!! Keep it the way it is…love it!!!

35. Diane Swanson says:

Yes for AnnMarie except less giggling for both of you, unprofessional, get to the point – you both know a lot and have much to share, don’t sell yourselves short by giggling. AnnMarie, don’t try to be Kevin! You are obviously the rock and it’s great to have the combo of your two energies. Surely one Kevin is enough…yes?? Keep up the important work, both of you.

36. Carolyn says:

I’m surprised how critical everyone is. I thought it was great. The only thing is… this is your show… do it your way. I loved it. The joking back and forth… I thought it worked. It works for you because there is chemistry and it’s sweet. I liked the demonstration and made it myself right after I saw the video and we loved it! I just signed up for the emails today so I am really excited about seeing more and learning new recipes. Thank you for sharing. Have confidence.