Raw Zucchini Spaghetti with Broccoli and Tahini Sauce Recipe – The Renegade Health Show Episode #122

Wednesday Aug 20 | BY |

Our health food store makes this raw zucchini spaghetti with broccoli and tahini sauce with Kamut pasta, so we wanted it raw…

Here’s the raw food recipe equivalent that we came up with.

By the way it tastes awesome!

Take a watch…

Your question of the day: Do (or did!) you twirl your pasta with a spoon and fork or just a fork?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Click here to get a spiral slicer to make the zucchini pasta!

Raw Food Recipe – Raw Zucchini Spaghetti with Broccoli and Tahini Sauce

Sauce:

2 Tbsp Raw Tahini
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Lemon (Juiced)
Sea Salt to Taste
Black Sesame Seeds to Garnish

Spaghetti and Veggies:

1 Zucchini (Spiralized)
1 Head of Broccoli
2-3 Scallions Sliced

Slice all the veggies and spiralize the zucchini (If you don’t have a spiral slicer, you can julienne). Blend the sauce together with a hand blender. Mix together. Add black sesame seeds as a garnish!

Kevin

1. Dedra Henry says:

Hey guys – – have a wonderful and safe trip to California…spiralized zuchinni – that looks fun.
    Oh – btw – I twirl with just one fork – no spoon. :-)…have a great time – Dede

2. Gina says:

Definitely have to use a spoon with spaghetti!
    Bon Appetite!

3. Jenni says:

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that you can get a “julienne slicer” that makes pretty good zucchini or cucumber noodles too, it’s hand held and mine was $8. Looks like this: http://www.oxo.com/OA_HTML/xxoxo_ibeCCtpOXOPrdDtl.jsp?a=b&item=47316
    The noodles aren’t as long, but it’s small, cheap and handy!

Have fun in California, I wish I was going to that festival!

4. lisa says:

hello gianni’s, food looks great. i used a zucchini in the same way with the meat ball recipe you had. it was yummy. annmarie, you haircut looks amazing!! have fun on your trip guys!
    -lisa

5. Laurel says:

That looks great! I can’t wait to try it. Too bad I just ran out of Tahini :(. I usually just twirl with a fork.

I hope you guys have a good trip.

Laurel

6. Gayle says:

No Italians in my family. We always cut the pasta up rather small with a knife – no twirling in my house when I was growing up. The first time I saw it done in a movie I really thought that it was a joke. Though I have to say – we never went to resturants when I was small. My mother cooked everything from scratch. So seeing someone twirling their pasta would have been a real treat/suprise for us all!

7. Marion says:

Looks good! I’ll have to try it. I’ve got oodles of zucchini growing right now as well as tomatoes,so I think I’ll add them also. I never twirl my spaghetti. I cut it.
    Have a wonderful time in CA.

8. Sunnie Fernandes says:

My parents are not Italian so I only used a fork. Although when I did try a spoon, I found it much easier and I liked it for the eliteness factor (think chopsticks).

9. sharon ferguson says:

I have a spiralizer that I don’t like much and hardly ever use. I really wanted it to work too. Maybe I just don’t know how to use it correctly…It makes like an angelhair size spaghetti and a circular type of slice but very thin, they come out kind of mushy – too soft. Any suggestions?

10. Linda says:

This “spaghetti” looks so good that I might even try it! And we twirl with a fork and spoon – it’s a New York thing. Have a good, safe, happy trip – look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

11. Dustin says:

Great show. I always look forward to the recipe shows. Wish I could join you in CA. I’ll be driving there from AL during the event 🙂 be safe.

12. patricia says:

My own family is not Italian but most of our friends and neighbors were Italian. When I was younger the manner of spaghetti eating went like this – twirl with a fork and instead of a spoon we used a chunk of Italian bread, it picks up extra sauce, then when the spaghetti is all eaten you wipe up any sauce left in the dish with your bread and eat it, leaving a clean dish!!
    Although I’m American, I’ve spent a good deal of time in the Middle East, tahini sauce is used often here and the method of preparing it is a bit different. First we usually don’t add olive oil as the tahini itself is rich in oils. Take the tahini and add the lemon and mix this together in a bowl with a spoon, it will become very thick, than open a thin stream of water from the tap (we have a filter water tap) and using a whisk, blend in water to the desired consistency, add sea salt to taste. This is delicious over any type of salad.

13. linda says:

fork and spoon..

have a great and safe trip…………..
    have big fun

14. ray says:

I use spoon

15. debra says:

We used to use forks only, but now I love to use chop sticks and let the noodles dangle.

Who’s making raw tahini these days? Marantha stopped producing it and the other brands in my local natural grocer are roasted.

16. Donna says:

Kevin,my Dad works with a man who’s parents travel the world. While they were abroad a Holistic Doctor taught them to drink 16oz. of pure extra virgin olive oil for a detox/cleanse.Apparently this will cleanse/detox the liver,and a number of other bodily systems.Olive oil will replinish the spine and reduce or aleviate pain.Have you heard of this program?Should this be done under the supervision of a medical profesionl?

17. Enzo says:

Hi there! Thanks for your awesome videos. I’m Italian and when I ate spaghetti growing up or when I eat it now on my own, I don’t use a spoon… however if I’m eating it somewhere in a restaurant or somewhere poshy… I’ll tend to use a spoon to minimize tomato sauce all over my shirt!

18. Alexis says:

I’m not Italian but I twirl with one fork 🙂 That’s the way Asians do it haha. I love this recipe, simple and easy! Watching your Wednesday shows always make me hungry… Anyway, have fun in California guys! And I love your haircut, Annmarie!

19. Katy Brezger says:

I love my spiral slicer it really makes my zuchinni a yummy base for other foods.

20. Lindy says:

Another great recipe! Am going to try using a potato peeler to make zucchini “pasta”, until I find a spirlizer.
    I twirl my pasta with a single fork. However, I grew up in Indiana with no Italians in my hometown. We used a fork to cut up our pasta very fine. I learned to twirl with a fork after I moved to Chicago to go to go to fashion merchandising school. Since moving to Indianapolis, I have observed people using a knife and fork to cut up a plate of pasta.
    Tonight on the news, I heard a most alarming bit. The government has approved using radiation on spinach and another veggie(didn’t catch the name) to kill ecoli bacteria. This makes it abolutely imperative to buy our food only from reliable local growers. This will become problematic in the winter season. Have you heard of this, Kevin?

Have a great trip Annmarie and Kevin!

Again, thank-you both for all you do.
    Lindy

21. Lindy says:

Kevin,
    I just wrote to you a very nice reply, then was notified it had been flagged as Spam.

Please check your Spam Folder. I didn’t even use any fancy four-letter words.

Hope you get to read my original message.

Lindy

22. Lorie says:

I’m not Italian yet I use a spoon and fork to twirl 🙂 And, I love zucchini pasta! I don’t have a Saladacco, I thought it made the spaghetti too thin (angel hair type). I have a Spirooli and it makes the thicker “spaghetti” noodles. It has 3 different slicing attachments. I find it very easy to use.

23. Betty says:

I’m italian as well. I’ve seen a lot of people who have but my family and I never have, and my teacher once told my that it actually isn’t proper etiquette and that you should twirl your fork against the side of your plate 🙂

24. pratibha says:

Thanks for the recipe. Must try it. Sometimes we twirl the spaghetti with fork and spoon and sometimes just cut it up.
    I enjoy all your videos. They really are awesome!

25. FrankieClaire says: