Raw Walnut Pate (Kevin Calls it Mock Tuna Salad) – The Renegade Health Show Episode #97

Wednesday Jul 16 | BY |

Annmarie and I are in complete disagreement about this one…

She thinks this is walnut pate.

I think it’s mock tuna salad.

I think we’ll have to let you guys decide!

At the end of this episode I pose a challenge to all of you out there… if you win, you get a free e-book.

Make sure you watch to figure out what it is…

Your question of the day: What can we put this mock tuna / walnut pate on?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

The Viktoras Kulvinskas 5 Times Fast Contest

Rules: It’s simple… all you have to do is call the number below and say “Viktoras Kulvinskas” 5 times FAST.

When you do, please leave your name and email address (so we know who you are!) and if you are successful, we’ll send you a free copy of our e-book “The Busy Person’s Fitness Solution.”

In order to claim your prize, it must be on the FIRST time! Go ahead and have some fun and call in now!

Here’s that number (Long distance may apply!):

1 (214) 615-6505 ext 4755

Go ahead and do it now 🙂

Here’s the recipe: Walnut Pate or Mock Tuna Salad

3 Cups Soaked Walnuts
1/4 Cup Nama Shoyu (Or less, depending on taste)
1-2 Pinches Sea Salt
Cumin to taste
1 Handful of Cilantro
2 Scallions
2 Carrots
2 Celery Stalks

Put all in a food processor and pulse for 20-30 seconds. Serve on anything!

Kevin

1. Ray says:

it might make a good wrap, with sprouts etc.

2. Jessica says:

A few thoughts what you could put it on are cucumber rounds or flax crackers or if not raw I have some really good rye crackers that would be yummy!

3. You guys are great fun to watch! Love it! What came to mind was a cucumber boat! Scoop out the inside of the cucumber and scoop the walnut pate in! Yummy….
    Susan and Stacey

4. Jos says:

What about spread on raw nori and roll it – may be you could place a little dulse either flaked or in shredded pieces and then Kevin you would have your mock tuna taste!
    Thank for the recipe.

5. CINDY says:

within the last year i have gotten away from deodorants that contain aluminum…..in the winter my natural deodorant worked but its gotten really hot and it isn’t effectve anymore. I purchased another brand in which isn’t effective either…….so I starting mixing the two brands together by luck it works …. is there a deodorant that’s both natural and effective

6. Helen says:

I might put it on top of jicama slices as an appetiser.

7. Jo Anne says:

Wow This looks really yummy. I would stuff it into marinated mushroom caps and top with fresh cilantro. I love your show ! You guys ROCK !!

8. Joyce says:

As well as stuffing mushroom caps, it would be great dabbed on spears of red or orange bell peppers, nice stuffing for a tomato, or even a celery stalk. Lots of raw-sibilities!

9. Joyce Duke says:

You are making this with my favorite nuts and it looks delicious, but I’ll have to substitute black walnuts or almonds because every time I eat those delicious English walnuts, I get a mouthful of mouth ulcers that linger for a week or two.

Another idea is you could scoop out one of those small zucchini squash for that boat full of raw walnut pate!

10. Matty Wilson says:

You guys are so cool!!! Thanks for you Awesomeness. Would be yummy stuff into celery or stuff in a pepper. We are having a raw pot luck tonight. Guess whats on the menu:)

Matty

11. Pamela says:

This would be good on celery. I have my sunflower seed pate on celery and it’s very good, also can you do a show on the sour dough bread ( Raw I hope)?

12. Anna says:

Hi Kevin and AnnMarie,
    I have not posted anything in a while, but I just wanted to let you know I faithfully watch and look forward to your show daily. I have passed the word onto all my friends too! You are such a live inspiration to everyone. You put theory into practice in a fun, informative and realistic way and I am so grateful to have you into my living room as I crank up the volume on my laptop to watch your show while you invite us into your own home each and every day.
    I have a question…I am a raw foodist so I know I get a lot of the nutrition form the foods I eat alone, but I also have a lot of supplements. They are all raw, organic and whole food supplements like Vitamineral Green, chlorella, spirulina, CoQ10, bee pollen, camu camu berries (vitamin C), reishi mushroom extract, krill oil, active ionic minerals, maca, etc. But I do not like to overwhelm my body with too many ingredients at one time – especially powerful supplements/superfoods. And I don’t like to put all these supplements in one smoothie at once. My question is how can I take these supplements on a consistent basis throughout the day without inundating my digestive system?
    Thank You!

13. momo says:

i just made it an put it on artichoke petals—not raw but lovely nonetheless!

14. Patricia J Allen says:

Please make it possible to print out these recipes! Now, the left column will print, but rest of page is blank. Not good! The recipe is great, but I don’t want to have to write it down. Thanks for your help.
    Patricia Allen

15. Bea says:

I love these recipes that you throw together in the blender. I also like to collect recipes in my google docs (if you have an account) so I just copy and paste and reference later. Save the trees 🙂 I have a doc for dinners, snacks, etc. Thanks for the awesome shows, they keep me motivated.

16. Bea says:

One more thing/request: It would be great to be able to sign up to receive future comments in an email instead of revisiting the page. Thanks!

17. Denise says:

Patricia, what I do is just copy and paste the recipe into a Word file, and do the same for any of the comments (suggestions) made by readers that I want…

18. Wendi Dee says:

Annmarie is soooo right on this one, Kevin. How can it be mock tuna if it has cumin and cilantro in it?

I can’t even say Viktoras’ name once, let alone multiple times and then fast! If anyone calls in, I hope you share it with us. LOL

Lots of love to both of you!

Wendi
    XOXOXO

19. Meri says:

I would try the pate on carrot and celery slices…mmmm.

I won’t be entering the competition because I can’t say Viktoras Kulvinskas more than one without getting my tongue in a knott!!

20. Kadi says:

I’d put it on my home made sourdough full corn rye bread that I just took out of my oven. But it wouldn’t be raw, just tasty. 🙂

21. Dorothy says:

Great pate! What else can one use: I use a lot of gem lettuce – small and easy to roll over with a cocktail stick to hold together for guest or the self. Keep those recipes coming Annmaria.

22. Dorothy says:

Patricia Allen: I select the recipes, copy and paste them to a Word document and save in my Raw file. Easy, no writing.

23. Cheryl Holt says:

Great recipe! Love the show!! You two are fun to watch thanks for inviting the rest of us into your home and life on a regular basis. Yesterday we did the shoulder show at work in the mid afternoon to get everyone loosened up and awake.

I would like to try this yummy walnut pate on baby bok choy or inside those little leaves that look like baby romaine (I’m not sure if that is what they are called).

Have a rawsum day!
    Cheryl : )

24. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie..

I made your version of kale salad a few nights ago and loved it. It tastes very different than the one I am used to, more like a caesar salad, but I love caesar salad, so it was great!! Now I have another favorite recipe.

I used to make mock tuna salad to put on multigrain toast. I know its not completely raw but it was better than using cold cuts when we used to take lunch to work. I have to agree with both of you.. If you taste it on its own, it doesn’t taste like tuna at all.. but mine was a little different. I got the basic recipe from Jennifer Cornbleet’s book, Raw Food Made Easy. She used sunflower seeds and almonds with celery, onions, parsley and lemon juice. Then I used to add vegennaise, but I think a raw version of mayonnaise might work too. I used to put in a LOT of celery and then add broccoli sprouts to the sandwich. When we ate it that way, it really tasted like tuna sandwiches, but better I think. Jos had a good idea when he said to try adding dulse. I often wondered if I could make it taste even more like tuna if I added a tsp or TB of fish oil. Haven’t tried it yet but maybe now is a good time.

Also, Cindy… I tried a few deodorants before I found one that worked but I think the Pure and Natural Crystal deodorant stone is the best I’ve tried. Both my husband and I use it now.. and the healthier your diet gets, the less you actually have to use it. Hope this helps.

Bernadette

25. joey says:

Just thought I’d share this with you guys, its a Mock Tuna Salad with Avaocado Mayo. Its a bit more involved then the one you made Anne-Marie, but this is worth the effort to make…

First the Mayo:

1 cup pine nuts
    1 large avocado
    1 tbsp. lemon juice
    2 tbsp. apple sider vinegar
    1 tsp. Celtic sea salt
    6 med. pitted dates (3 packed tbsps.)
    1/2 clove garlic

Blend all of this until creamy!

Now for the Mock Tuna Salad

4 cups almonds
    6 stocks celery, diced
    6 green onions, sliced thin
    2 tbsp. parsley
    5 tbsp. lemon juice
    2 dashes cayenne
    1 med. garlic clove, crushed
    1 1/2-2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
    1 sheet nori roll soaked briefly, then chopped (or 1/3 cup of your favourite soaked sea weed)

Puree almonds in food processor until fine (it didn’t say to, but I think soaking them first is advisable)

Combine all the other ingredients and 1/2 the Avocado Mayo. If you want more, add more. Wrap in a piece of romain lettuce or napa cabbage with a slice of tomato.
    Bon Appetit!

26. carol says:

I just made this and sliced a yam really thin and used it like a stuffing for them. then put in the dehydrator. can’t wait to take them out.

27. cheryl says:

I love watching you guys. I am new to the whole “raw eating” and I must say you and ann marie make it very easy for beginners.

kudos,
    cher

28. Guylaine says:

Hi Anne-Marie and Kevin,
    Your shows are awsome. And the recipes so inspiring!
    I like the tuna pate put in the middle of my salad on a plate or bowl. It makes an easy yummy meal.
    I have a question for you Kevin. I have a friend who turned vegan 1 1/2 years ago because his coronary arteries were plugged at 90%. He is now following a low fat vegan diet as recommended by many doctors. He is scared to eat a raw food diet because of the high fat contained in nuts, seeds and avocadoes. What do you think would be best for a person with a heart condition: a low fat vegan diet or a predominantly raw food diet to speed the healing process?
    ~Guylaine

29. Jenn says:

As much as the extra ingredients look like something I would have thrown into tuna salad months ago(all the veggies) I am with Ann Marie on this one in calling it a walnut dish. I’m just not a big fan of ‘mock’ anything, and this looks the same but wouldn’t have the same tuna taste.

On this recipe I do have a question. As someone trying to stay away from wheat/soy for sensitivity what alternative seasonings would you suggest for recipes like this?

I think it would be good either on slices of cucumber/squash with tomato, or wrapped up in collard greens(sturdier for wraps)

30. Terry says:

There are already so many suggestions about what to put this pate on, I don’t need to add another but I would love it if Ann Marie would show us how to make Raw Sour Dough Bread. That sounds delicious!

31. Viveca says:

I don’t think I saw this serving suggestion already. I think the pate would be good for a stuffed tomato.

32. Sydni says:

I think it would taste good if you put avacado and tomato in it. It would also be good for a salad dressing, too.

33. David says:

may i ask you if this thing i do is ok? i put together and drink it in young cocnut water.1/2t of cinnamon,1t of maca,1/2t of black walnut hull,1t of MSM,1t of spirulina,1T of bladderwick,1t of ecanatia,1T of kelp, 1T of Green Food Feast 1t of Raw Power. is this combo ok? i drink it around 9 am. Thank you for all you do Keven, you make a difference and you are blessed among men with your lovely wife. David

34. David says:

the walnut deal looks very good and easy to do thank you

35. Lorie says:

Love this recipe 🙂 I’ve been sending people here to get it … simple, quick, versatile!