Upper Shoulder Tension Relief with Joint Mobility – The Renegade Health Show Episode #94

Friday Jul 11 | BY |

Upper shoulder tension is definitely a force to be reckoned with…

I’ve given you guys some exercises in past shows to strengthen the upper body and shoulder area, as well as explained how to use the foam roll–but I’ve never shown you this little secret weapon…

Joint mobility.

Can’t even begin to explain how useful it is… you’re going to have to try it for yourself.

Go ahead and take 4 minutes for yourself today and try this amazing tension reliever…

Your question of the day: How many hours so you spend sitting down at a desk everyday?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment here!

For more information about Ryan Lee please visit his site here: http://www.ryanlee.com

Kevin

1. Judy Philips says:

I work behind a desk a minimum of 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I think your show is awesome and I use so many of your tips and suggestions. Thanks for all the effort you go through to put this together for us.

2. Judy Philips says:

3. Karen Jackson says:

Wow, this is just what I needed today. I sit at my desk 7-1/2 hours a day, mostly on the computer. My upper back and neck are tight a lost. These exercises are GREAT!!! They’ll hold me till my next massage. I just love what you’re done with your shows. Even if I don’t respond often, I am very appreciative every day. Thanks for all you do, Kevin!!

4. Margie says:

TOO MANY!! I usually work at a desk 8 hours a day. Somedays it makes my back ache.

Thank you for your shoulder loosening tips. Very good!!!

5. Lauren says:

40 hours per week, and checking emails/other computer stuff at home. Way more time spent at a desk than I’d like.

6. Dorian Valles says:

i LOVE these shoulder exercises! Thank you so much! Two years ago I tore ligaments in both of my shoulders during a snowboarding accident and subsequent recovery so anything I can do to keep my shoulders more mobile I so appreciate. BTW, I sit at the computer about 3-4 hours a day. Really like your show-thanks for all that you do.

7. Arch Richardson says:

Hi Kevin,
    Some time ago you mentioned about a piece of exercise apparatus that you fit in the door way for “pull up”. Can you tell me where I can purchase one as I have not seen them here in New Zealand, thank you.

8. sarah says:

5 to 8 to 15 hours a day behind a desk, half of that or more in front of a computer.

9. Bea says:

I spend at least 8 hours daily at my desk at work, then at another hour at home. Some weekends I can spend up to 10 more hours on the computer, but I sit on an exercise ball at home to help with my posture and it’s relieved a lot of my back pains.

10. Carola says:

5-7 hours a day in front of a computer. I have really bad tension in my neck and shoulder this week.Thanks, those exercises really helped.
    Carola

11. Gary says:

You’re show is awesome! Love those Nori rolls, by the way! That’s a great neck tension reliever, and shoulders, too (gotta bookmark this show til I memorize or get this routine down). I’m a teacher so I move around a bit but when I come home, I hang out on the computer for as much time as I can allow myself and still get to sleep at a reasonable hour–maybe 2-3 hours or more sometimes.

Gary

12. Dawn B says:

I work at a desk 8 hours or more, 5 days a week. I get up and move around as much as I can, but still spend a huge ammount of day sitting. I usually spend a little time when the day is done and quiet on my computer also.

13. Catherine says:

I realy liked those excercises. I get a lot of tension in my neck. After doing them my neck feels a whole lot better. I sit at a desk for 2-5 hours/day. It depends.

Catherine

14. sonja says:

Great show! I sit behind a desk almost 12 hours a day Monday to Friday. Saturdays and Sundays it is about 7

15. Meri says:

Well I don’t sit at a desk but I work from home so I spend a lot of time sitting cross legged on my sofa with my laptop on my lap. I find I can’t sit at a table because the chairs I have aren’t adjustable and I’ll get tension in my shoulders from reaching up slightly to reach the computer to type.

Kevin, my dad may have frozen shoulder and he’s had it for at least two years. Can he/should he do these exercises?

16. Debra Justice says:

I don’t sit behind a desk but I do drive an 18 wheeler in the Kansas City metro area 5 days a week. I’m in and out of the truck all day opening and shutting big swing doors and driving in traffic. I work about 10 to 11 hrs a day. This does give me problems in my shoulders and neck. I will do my best to remember the exercises every evening. Thanks so much for the info.

17. Barbara says:

About 2 hours a day behind the computer.
    Reading mostly health website like yours and Mike Adams.

18. Toni says:

My work is basically in processing medical paperwork. I am in front of a computer (at a desk) 6-8 hrs a day with a lot of getting up to file, fax etc. Then I am at my home computer 3-4 hrs each night doing schoolwork.
    The upper body joint exercises feel great-I can’t wait to see what you have for the lower back.
    I do walk every AM on my elliptical (about 6 mi)but that just does not seen to help the back.
    I look forward to the fit fri each week. Thank you for your time and energy!

19. Great show today Kevin! I’m glad you’re using some of the joint mobility techniques, the benefits are so amazing!

Less than 6 hours a day behind a desk for me – all on a computer. I try to get up at least once every hour to move around and relax my eyes.

20. Tracy says:

Kevin,
    It is “Fitness SATURDAY” here as I am just getting to your Friday installment!
    I am a homeschool mom of 7 children, ages 21-3.
    So it is rare that I sit (even to watch your show lately!) But I used to work as a secretary and would get soooo tight in my neck and shoulder area!!
    I have noticed that as I get older,(45) I really need to focus on loosening up those muscles and staying flexible. I try to do yoga a few times a week along with my harder workouts, and that really helps.
    Thanks for the tips, I will totally use them when I feel that stress coming!!
    Tracy

21. ROB says:

Kevin, I guess I’m a Fri-guy. You always come up with something unexpected and show me things I haven’t seen before. I’m lucky I don’t work at a desk job but I spend way too much time at home at my computer. But I always stop what I’m doing for a quick workout on Fitness Fridays.

22. sharon says:

i sit behind a desk uncountable hours per day! i take a long break to exercise though. thanks for this episode. my deltoids have been like rocks (tension) and it has been causing migraines lately a lot, as in the past.

23. Ana says:

I am really pleased with the shoulder workout. I find that I acumulate tension on my shoulders while in front of the computer which I tend to do about 2 hours a day. Not in one go though I am to hyper for that. I really love the ball chairs that encourage you to sit straight

24. jeff says:

About 3.

25. Jeanne SDR says:

Your hair looks great! Glad you’re growing it.
    Jeanne SDR

26. Gayle says:

I sit behind a desk way too much. At least 10-15 hours per day. Most of that with a computer in front of me.

My question is off track: in the past you mentioned that Nalgene plastic bottles were very bad. What about Polycarbonate Bottles. The label says that it is Nonporus material. Do you have any words about these types of bottles? Also – how do you know if you have a bottle with Nalgene in it? I have three bottles (polycarbonate) distributed by New Wave Enviro Products. They do say “Made in China” which gives me concern. All three bottles have a diamond on the bottom with a 7 in it with the letters PC under the diamond.

In your opinion – should I be throwing these bottles away – or are they OK?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this matter.

27. Alex Newell says:

I spend way too many hours at the computer – up to 12 hours. I start the day with some yoga stretching but I could do with more really.

Alex

28. Bernadette says:

Thanks for the exercises Kevin. I was doing them with you as you were showing us and I could feel the tension being released. I used to spend 6 hours a day at a desk and more when I got home, tutoring and on the computer. Now that I am home, I spend way too much time infront of the computer trying to catch up with all the latest health news. I’m saving this show to my desktop and will be doing these exercises on a regular basis.. Will also try to spend less time on the computer. 🙂

29. Bernadette says:

Thanks for the exercises Kevin. I was doing them with you as you were showing us and I could feel the tension slipping away. I used to spend 6 hours a day at a desk and more when I got home, tutoring and on the computer. Now that I am home, I spend way too much time infront of the computer trying to catch up on all the latest health news. I’m saving this show to my desktop and will be doing these exercises on a regular basis.. since I don’t see myself spending less time on the computer any time soon. 🙂

30. Tonja says:

Usually 9-10 hours at my computer, sometimes more. Too much!!!

31. elian says:

This is great thanks! Two days a week I sit at a desk 8 hours a day. The other 3 days are off and on for about 2 hour increments.

32. Richard Gomez says:

lol i love the work out where it looks like your attacking like a maniac 😛 its so much fun haha

33. Richard Gomez says:

oh woops, forgot to put my hours, i usually stay for 4-5 hours on computer looking at shows like this and talking to my gf

34. cheryl holt says:

8 to 12 hours a day Kevin…..Wow that’s a long time but not every day only on the days I am writing.

35. kelly says:

too many 8-10 each day. These exercises felt great! What episode has the roller thingy you mentioned?

Also the cyanide based b-12 that is bad, where can I read more about this?

36. Kristin says:

I sit behind a desk at work for about 6-7 hours a day, and then I spend at least 2 more hours in front of my computer when I get home. On weekends it’s anything from 1 to 10 hours a day.

Good exercises!

37. Elijah says:

well im still in school. grade 12 haha soo sitting at a desk is my life. 🙁 haha

but with my computer when im home, and theres nothing to do i can find my self on it for ever haha.

38. what a fantastic site! so glad to have found you. I have track backed this article to my blog post~ in case I’ve not done it right here it is:

now to share your site in our newsletter…