Raw Summer Cucumber and Avocado Soup with Frank Giglio – The Renegade Health Show Episode #77

Wednesday Jun 18 | BY |

Today we brought a special guest into our already crowded kitchen… 🙂

He’s prepared raw foods all over the place recently and we were able to convince him to come to Danbury to make something special for all of us!

This special soup is awesome for the summertime when it’s hot, humid and all you want to do is stay inside in the AC (we don’t use ours, but sometimes I wish we did!)

Check it out… (By the way, I forgot a question of the day, so be sure to add your comments below!)

Your question of the day: What do you like better… soup or salad?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and add your comment now!

Please also take the time to visit Frank’s site. Click here to take a look now!

Frank’s Summer Cucumber and Avocado Soup

1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Cucumber
1 Lime
1 Medium size Avocado
1 Pinch Sea Salt
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
1-2 Tbsp Mint
Water to Texture (Frank used a nettle and mint tea)

Put apple, cucumber, avocado, lime, cayenne and sea salt in the Vitamix. Blend. Add water if needed. Add mint after and blend quickly.

Kevin

1. Jacqueline Michaud says:

To tell you the truth I have a bit of a problem with both…salads, especially lettuce or romaine doesn’t agree with my stomach (heartburn) and the soups I have tried but like smoothies…don’t find them too apetizing. They turn out more like a smoothie in texture. Maybe it is my blender…I have a 18 speed Oster blender. Would you have any suggestions for me? Thank you.

Jacqueline

2. Helen says:

The soup looks yummy!
    I definitely like soup better than salad. It ‘s so quick and easy plus tastes great too.

3. Josh D. says:

a Raw ultrarunner…cool! I also run 100 milers and have just started experimenting with a mostly raw food diet.

Great soup and great show!

4. Lindy says:

Sounds so refreshing! I happen to have all the ingredients, so I am going to make it tonight.
    Soup or salad? I like them both…maybe salad a bit more.
    Love the Wednesday food shows!

5. Jenn says:

I made this soup over the weekend, Frank showed us how to make it last week in raw food prep class at Catch a Healthy Habit Cafe. Perfect summer soup!!

I would love to see a show on making sun teas

6. Jayne says:

That’s a *large* avocado? For real? I’ve been eating elephantine avocados then! That avocado looked small to me.

7. Irina says:

Soup or salad…
    I like both, but I like soup better. This soup looks so yummy! Gonna try it as soon as I get some avocados.

8. rose says:

you look like you’re having such fun!
    i love salad!
    but sometimes i don’t feel like it and go for a juice.
    occassionaly i will start my salad, decide i don’t like it and blend it up. always tastes good!

9. Clevergrl says:

Soup or salad…hmmm. I’d have to say I love them both equally. They’re both really easy to make, refreshing and delicious!

That soup recipe sounds and looks delish! Heading to the store for some Granny Smith apples and then I’ll be all set for some summer soupy goodness!

10. Kim says:

Hey Kevin —

Great show, great soup!

BUT — the “RenegadeHealth.com” bar that now appears toward the bottom of the screen was right in the middle of a lot of what Frank was doing. Possible to put UNDER the screen maybe?

Keep up the good work. (And yes, I like the hair growing out, too!)

Cheers,
    Kim in Colorado

11. Sonia says:

I recently learned agave nectar is also not raw.

12. Bernadette says:

Hi Kevin,

I was surprised but enlighted at a talk given by Brian Clement (from the Hippocrates Center in Florida) when he said he did not endorse the use of agave nectar, raw chocolate, cold pressed olive oil or sea salt. I’m not sure if it was because he didn’t consider them to be raw or because they were concentrated and therefore not whole foods.

13. Meri says:

Wow, cool guest! I hope he does good on that 100 mile run. Eeek!
    The soup looks awesome, I will definitely be making that as soon as I get my hands on some granny smiths.
    I love salad – especially with chickpea sprouts and avocado, but can’t really compare it to soup as I’ve never made a soup in my life! That of course is about to change so I’ll let you know!

14. Lauren says:

I prefer salad, so long as it’s with nice greens. I have tried many a raw soup recipe and not cared for many of them. And plus, every raw soup I’ve ever made goes off after just a day, and I can make my salads keep a bit longer than that on average.

15. Dorothy McCuller says:

Whoa!! What a soup, delicious; so light on the stomach and has a lot of energy. Thank you Frank. Do some more, please. I love soups.

16. Joey says:

Great soup! I made a second “huge” batch this morning and its chilling in the fridge in a big glass jar. We downed this pretty fast and I’ll continue to make it again. I did make the nettle and mint sun tea also. That does give this soup a nice under tone. Hope Frank comes back and does another soup. Thanks Frank for demonstrating and to you Kevin for having informed and cool people on your show 🙂

17. Liz says:

This is a wonderful recipe because cucumber basically saved my life from debilitating arthritis. Hi Frank! I have lost about 100lbs since I started 100% raw in January. I had pain like barbed wire in my hips, knees and ankles and raw is the only thing that has healed me. I also added a liquid silica supplement from “The Tree” for about a month- but cucumbers are the main anti-inflammatory miracle to me. Best regards to everyone on this path. Liz- now working at The Rim Golf Club in Payson Az.

18. Dan says:

Great shows but missed your show on exercise for back side and recipe for raw meat balls. Can you help me. Dan

19. Georgia says:

HI
    first time on your site, will try some soup! I’m just getting into raw foods, although have always eaten fair amt fruits/veggies. Question for you–can one blend flax & other seeds for people with diverticulosis instead of using them whole in crackers & such? or it is better to use flax seed meal?