Raw Flax Crackers and Guacamole Recipe – The Renegade Health Show Episode #47

Wednesday May 7 | BY |

You’re in for a surprise with this episode…

I don’t want to spill the beans so I’ll let you watch to find out. ๐Ÿ™‚

This raw flax cracker and guacamole recipe is (in my opinion, ’cause it’s mine!) the best there is out there. I don’t know why, it just tastes great every single time.

It’s a great appetizer for guests or just for yourself!

Go ahead and take a look…

Your question of the day: How are you? We haven’t heard from some of you in a while… let us know what you’re up to and what shows you like best!

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and add your comment…

Raw Flax Crackers

(Adapted from GoneRaw.com)

2 cup Flax Seed
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in 1 cup lukewarm water until soft
1 1/4 cups pumpkin seeds, soaked and drained
1 Handful Cilantro
1 Handful Parsley
1 Tbsp Nama Shoyu
1 Lemon freshly squeezed
Sea Salt, Black Pepper, and Crushed Red Pepper to taste!

Instructions…

Soak flax seeds in a large bowl with 2 1/2 cups of filtered water and soak seeds for at least 30 minutes. Mix all other ingredients (including sun-dried tomato soak water) in a food processor and process until smooth.

Then mix all ingredients together with the food processor on pulse. Spread evenly on the teflex dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115ยฐF for 6 hours. Flip and transfer to a mesh screen for 6 more hours. You can score the crackers when you put them on the sheet so they break evenly when they’re done.

Kevin’s Guacamole (Serves 6)

6 Avocados
2 Tomatoes
1 Onion
1 Handful of Cilantro
Juice of 1 Lemon
Sea Salt to Taste

Dice, slice, mush and serve!

Kevin

Kevin Gianni is a health author, activist and blogger. He started seriously researching personal and preventative natural health therapies in 2002 when he was struck with the reality that cancer ran deep in his family and if he didnโ€™t change the way he was living โ€” he might go down that same path. Since then, heโ€™s written and edited 6 books on the subject of natural health, diet and fitness. During this time, heโ€™s constantly been humbled by what experts claim they know and what actually is true. This has led him to experiment with many diets and protocols โ€” including vegan, raw food, fasting, medical treatments and more โ€” to find out what is myth and what really works in the real world.

Kevin has also traveled around the world searching for the best protocols, foods, medicines and clinics around and bringing them to the readers of his blog RenegadeHealth.com โ€” which is one of the most widely read natural health blogs in the world with hundreds of thousands of visitors a month from over 150 countries around the world.

1. Carrie says:

Hi Kevin, Annmarie

Think I need to go home and make guacamole!!!!

It looked great!

2. Sharon intilli says:

Hi Kevin, I still watch your shows but sometimes I have to wait to catch up on them at one time on a day off! So, maybe others are doing the same. I save a lot of them and I thank you for your efforts and your information! Keep up the good work.
    Sharon

3. ray says:

Your recipes are GREAT-PLEASE DO MORE
    HOW ABOUT A DVD WITH JUST RECIPES
    HOW ABOUT THIS IDEA–“100 TOTALLY HEALTHY MEALS”
    OR IF NOT 50 HEALTHY MEALS-OR 25

P.S. I,M NOT THAT GOOD ON THE COMPUTER SO I,LL PROBABLY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE

4. Joyce says:

Thanks for putting forth all this effort – I, like so many others, watch faithfully but fail to constantly comment…I apologize.

Fun show today with you in the kitchen – but you really need to stick to ‘what you know best’ and let your lovely bride reign in the kitchen! That’s said with lots of love and a chuckle!

Keep up the good work – and I’ll keep encouraging my friends and acquaintances to ‘tune in’.

5. Aprilsun says:

Hi Kevin and Ann Marie,
    I’m new to being raw (well, almost raw. I’m about 50-60% raw).
    Now I just need a dehydrator so I can make the flax crackers. In the meanwhile I’m definitely going to make some of the yummy guacamole!
    I’m not a regular here on your site (well, maybe now I am) but I’ll tell you my plans for the Summer. I’m planning a green smoothie and juice feast as part of my healing journey. Between now and then I am working on becoming more and more raw.
    I truly enjoy watching your show!!!
    Keep it coming.
    Judi
    in Old Saybrook, CT

6. Jenny says:

I absolutely love watching the two of you make something healthful. Thank you so much!! I have made flax crackers before but not this Mexican version which I plan on making soon.
    With such tried and true recipes, it is easier to take the plunge and make more raw recipes.

Keep up the wonderful work of inspiring us all!!

Blessings,

Jenny

7. Dee says:

Watch your show everyday. I don’t comment much but do enjoy it & wanted to let you know I appreciate the recipes, comments & fitness Fridays..

8. Janice says:

thanks for the recipe, looks good and I like the easy part!
    This is unrelated to the show but maybe someone out there has a natural remedy for my cat that I can use to get rid of the flea thing. I am so tired of using poisons and I hate to see her suffer! I have been giving her regular neem baths but I need something that repels after I have her de-flead!!
    Thanks, I’ll keep watching for an answer?? Please??

9. Elaine says:

I love your Wednesday show…..Today’s recipes look especially appealing. Thanks!

10. Lindy says:

Hi Annmarie and Kevin!
    What a mouth-watering show! Can hardly wait to make this snack.
    I’m a real raw foods newbie, so I have to investigate and purchase a dehydrator.
    Do you know a raw version of a brownie? If so, please share.
    Love your shows…I’m learning so-o-o-o much!
    Lindy

11. Alicia says:

Well you’re probably tired of hearing from me but I can’t help myself. Hehe

AnnMarie,

For a minute I was worried about where he was going with the flax comment too! LOL

Guac and flax crackers were my dinner last night! Except I cheated and used Yaya’s Rah Raw flax crackers made here in Houston, TX.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

I like to think that I make the best Guacamole. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Why don’t you use lime in your Mexican dishes Kevin?

Thanks for the great flax cracker recipe with instructions! As a raw newbie I really appreciate the instructions. I’m not sure I want to invest in a dehydrator yet though.

On a side note, David Wolfe said that high heat does not destroy flax, if I remember correctly.

12. Kathy says:

Thank you Kevin and Ann Marie for the great recipes today. Well and every Wednesday. I have been thouroughly enjoying your renegade health shows. I especially enjoyed watching a little on how you use the dehydrator. I have thought about getting one but wasn’t sure abouthow easy it was to use. Plus the cost kind of keeps me from buying one. Do you have the 9 tray? And is that what you would recommend? What name brand do you use? Again thank you for your info and recipes.

13. Rev Bob says:

I very much enjoy your videos, and Iearn from them.
    My only complaint is that i would like you lower the band across the bottom as it cuts across the picture. If it was lower it wold allow a full uniterupted picture.

Keep on !!!
    and as you say “Live Awesome:
    Rev Bob

14. Kelly says:

This is one of my favourites as well! Great for parties. Although I am one of those people for whom cilantro tastes like soap, so I usually omit that. I also like to add a little chipolte chilli to the guacamole now and then. Yum!

15. Wendi Dee says:

As usual, another great and fun video from the two of you! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I literally laugh out loud so many times when watching many of your videos. I love the two of you!

I’ve been busy preparing things for the upcoming raw food spiritual ashram retreat, so I don’t get to spend blocks of time checking out the blogs that I follow (of which yours is definitely one!). Twitter is easier for me these days…a few minutes here and there and I’m all caught up. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Once the retreat is over, I’ll have more time to watch/read/comment. Well, at least until the house sells and we buy the RV to travel across the country. My husband insists we’ll be able to keep connected to the Net while in the RV, so I may be watching you on the road.

Stop by my blog sometime and leave a comment, Kevin! Then you’ll know what I’ve been busy doing. ๐Ÿ˜›

Lots of love to both of you!

Wendi
    XOXOXO

16. Welmoed says:

Hmmm, never commented on a blog before, but since you insist here goes. Stumbled upon your videos recently during my quest of going Raw. Love the way you and Annmarie are inviting us over to your kitchen and letting us into your life. It makes transitioning to Raw easier for me. I’m going to try today’s recipe soon since my whole family will enjoy it. I just got a dehydrator and was wondering if you could use waxed paper for the “soupy” recipes. I think you mentioned in today’s video that you use the waxed paper but it looked stiffer and with a signature/brand name on it??
    Also (this relates to yesterday’s question), buying the dehydrator enables us now to make our own snacks (with my 2 kids (8 & 11)) as part of learning to make good healthy food choices. The kids and I did talk about the snacks and their packaging, even those bought in the health food store, so your Post from yesterday was very timely. We homeschool, so this also becomes a lesson in health, nutrition, social studies and economics.
    Hmmm, maybe I should add you to our daily curriculum and then PE would be included too!

Question for Alicia: how do you make your Guacamole?

17. cheryl says:

Hi my son and i love to watch your show. he has been eating more raw foods and even makes some of the recipes. i love eating raw food and have been on a high raw diet for three years and 100% for 8 months its been the best thing i have done for my self. we always have the best day ever thanks to your show .and others like you .

18. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Alright! Thanks for posting everyone… time to answer some questions then off to bed ๐Ÿ™‚

Ray, eventually we’ll do a “best of” recipes and package it as a DVD… for now just enjoy them for free!

Judi, be sure to check out http://www.catchahealthyhabit.com and come see Glen, Annmarie and I at one of the potlucks ๐Ÿ™‚

Janice, will work on that for you… Anyone know the answer? I’d like Jonny 5 to be chemical free too…

Alicia, I too want to know your recipe! There’s no rules about posting… just be nice. And even if you’re not, I’ll probably allow it anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

Kathy, we do have a 9 tray. It’s an excalibur and it’s actually a little larger than we need. The 5 tray might have been fine. The benefit of the 9 tray is that you can put items like macaroons on them and don’t have to worry about vertical space (if you’re making them for a bunch of people!)

Rev Bob, will work on that! Thanks for your comments!

Wendy Dee… will do!

Welmoed, great hearing from you. First time is always the hardest… we’re reading and listening ๐Ÿ™‚ Probably one of the few blogs in the health industry where you might actually get your question answered or at least acknowledged!

Pheeew!

That was fun ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep ’em coming. I’m here to help!

19. Jerome says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

thank you very much for your shows. It is fun and so positive to watch.
    What’s going on ? I get prepare for the next bike race on the track in Portland tomorrow night. This weekend we have the yearly VegFest in Portland with over 2000 visitors, and I will work on it from 6:00am to 9:00pm Saturday. It will be so fun.

good night from Portland Oregon

20. Anna says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

Your show rocks! I really look forward to it. By nature, I am not a heavy responder. However, you should have heard me when I first went raw, I couldn’t shut up about it. It all began when I accidentally came across Gabriel Cousen’s Spiritual Nutrition (older edition) at a Garage Sale one day. It sat on my book shelf for two years until I finally picked it up and learned the concept of raw foods. What can I say, the rest is history…I went raw vegan overnight – and right before Thanksgiving – what was I thinking!
    Now some years later, I see how I was reborn, survived many growing pains (still do) and am loving every second of it. Now Im getting my graduate degree in Nutritional Science and establishing my own Health/Wellness practice. Life is busy right now – sorry about not posting as often as I would like. But suffice it to say, your daily dose of genuine heartfelt inspiration gives me hope and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. You don’t just talk the talk, you walk the walk…Awesome!

Anna

21. Denise says:

Janice and Kevin, my cats are flea free without toxic poisons. For after the bath use Natural Animal Cat flea powder.

Natural Animal Health Products, INC,
    St Augustine, FL 32085
    800 274-7387

It contains Pyrethrum Flowers. I am growing this from seed to use in my Natural organic food gardening. It will keep bugs out of your veggies when you use it as companion gardening. They are in the crysanthemum family.
    I also do not give my cats baths anymore. When they have fleas I use this powder and mix it with a little Diatomaceous (Diatoms) Earth powder. It is Mined from fossilized deposits of shells formed by tiny diatoms. The fleas come in contact with the edge of the tiny shells and get their skins pierced and then die of dehydration 12 hours later. Safe for plants, animals, and the environment. You can add it to water and spray it on your roses, you can add it to your chickens feed or to cattle and livestock feed to kill intestinal parasites, add it to storage food to keep out weevils. It also has a trace mineral content.
    Dust your animal and his bed. Takes a few days to get them all but it works well. Just vacume the powder up.

Kevin and Annmarie,
    I have to say I like the raw food cooking shows the best! I am learning! As far as what I’ve been up to most of my free time these days is spent in the gardens and taking care of the seedlings that will soon be outside in the gardens as well as for sale at my stand.
    Now all I need is a dehydrator for my kitchen!

22. Denise says:

PS Janice and Kevin, you can buy Diatomaceous Earth powder at http://www.herbalhealer.com.

23. Jessica says:

Hi! Just curious, what kind of knifes do you use?

24. ERNESTO says:

HI KEVIN!!! YES, I’VE BEEN QUIET THESE DAYS ‘CAUSE I’VE BEEN DOING RESEARCH ABOUT AUTISM ‘CAUSE I HAVE SEVERAL CHILDREN WITH THIS CONDITION.I FOUND DIET IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET RECOVERY IN THIS PEOPLE.DO YOU KNOW NATURAL FOOD RECIPES TO TREAT THESE CHILDREN? I’D APPRECIATE IF YOU DO.SHARE WITH US PLEASE. BYE!!!!!

25. Tanya says:

Thanks, Kevin and Anne-Marie!

I wish I had a dehydrator!

Tanya

26. Claudia says:

Hi Kevin & Annmarie!
    Have been faithfully watching. Love the Wednesday shows especially. I’ve been thinking about hosting a potluck but don’t have any experience as I have never been to a raw potluck before. Any tips/suggestions?

27. Elaine says:

A day late…just watched your video this morning.You fixed two of my all time favorites!Last week I injured myself during a workout and I could not sit at my computer so I brought home my kneeling chair from the office and now I’m back.I have also been in my potting shed getting my seeds started !!!! Awwwww Spring,don’t you just love it.Sorry for my short departure from the show,I have a bunch of catching up to do.I love the Wed. recaps,thanks it makes it much easier to catch up.I love watching and have been sharing your site FOR SURE !

28. Dawn says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

We really have enjoyed your show! I love the Fitness Tips and Recipes/Kitchen techniques. I am new to making crackers so I appreciate your recipe today. Thanks for being so down to earth and keeping it REAL.

Watching every episode and sending them on to friends.

Dawn in Colorado

29. neca says:

Perfect timing! I have 2 ripe avacados at home.

30. Wendy says:

Hi. I love the videos. Hey, the rhubarb is almost ready. Anyone have any recipes for rhubarb?

31. chai says:

I am juice-feasting . . .
    your video made me cry the food looked so dang tasty!
    you guys ROCK!

32. marlene says:

glad you did a cracker recipe! i tried making one the other day and it flopped! Now I know how to do it better – i like the flipping of the tray idea! Can I substitute the flax seed for chia seeds?

I’d like to know how to make granola on one of your episodes.

33. Jennifer says:

Hello Kevin & Annmarie,

I too am like many of the people who’ve already posted. I do watch all your shows (and absolutely love them), but sometimes I need to save some and have a watch fest. I also haven’t had much time to comment, although I have posted before. Usually commenting on your in the kitchen segments so far. I’m a foodie, although a healthy foodie.

Right now I am in the middle of Frederic Patenaude’s 10 day Spring Cleanse and am really enjoying it. I wasn’t even tempted by your delicious treats today. That is saying a lot since Mexican is my favorite cuisine. I will of course be trying those recipes out in the future. I don’t have a dehydrator yet, but have played around with making flax crackers in my toaster oven (with it hardy on and watching and flipping constantly). I know it isn’t the best quality, but it’s what I could for now. I love the idea of adding the hot pepper flakes, as I love heat. I was making mine with dulse as my flavoring, but these sound so yummy.

Thanks for the tip and laugh about the flax in your teeth. That is one of the few downfalls of living and eating raw for me. There is always something stuck in my teeth. I walk around with a dental pick constantly. Oh well, small price to pay for all the many benefits.

Continue making amazing videos and I will keep on watching. Thanks for all that you share with us!

34. Kristina says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie!

I have never posted but watch often. Like many others I have to play catch up on days that I have time. I have 4 children and a husband in Law school – it is pretty chaotic at times. I am new to the raw diet but taking baby steps and becoming healthier everyday. I appreciate all the great info and have passed it on to my family. Thanks!

Kristina

35. Louise K says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,
    I love your show. Thanks for the flax seed cracker recipe.I will try it tomorrow. I’ve been working in my garden the last couple of days I can’t wait till my green beans are ready. My grand kids are waiting also.They helped with the planting this year. They are 5, 6 and 7 years old. thanks for being there for me
    Louise K

36. Laurel says:

Hey! I’m doing great! I’m a college student. So for the summer I’m visiting home (Georgia) and my family. My parents have 24 acres of land, and I’ve been helping them with their garden. I’m also trying to incorporate more raw foods into my diet and I’m doing my first cleanse! Since I’m just getting into raw foods your guys recipe episodes are defiantly my favorite. And so far, all of your recipes have been my favorites. Especially the Raw Burritos one. I love those! I had them for 3 days row!

And I just thought you should now, your show is my favorite online show!! Even though I may not comment very much, I’ve watched ever episode. I love you guys!

37. Rawbin says:

Thanks for the regular videos. I don’t usually comment because there are so many comments already and I figure you’re a busy couple and don’t have time to read them all so I’m just trying to save you some time. So I just wanted to tell you to keep it up!
    Oh, yeah. I’m doing great by the way.

38. Annmarie says:

I Love You Guys Also!! I am so happy that we are able to help all of you in different ways. This has been a dream of Kevin and mine for so long ๐Ÿ™‚

And I completely understand not having the time (all the time) to post. Those of you that don’t know I run a Personal Training Business full time and most of my time is with my one on one clients and taking care of business stuff. You will also find me behind the scene -I am the one normally answering your e-mails and phone calls ๐Ÿ™‚ So that is what I have been up to!!

To answer more of your questions -one that we have been getting a lot of is on grains. I have to say that I am relatively new to soaking and sprouting. We will have a complete show on this coming up soon. If anyone has had great success with grains please share…

A Question on the wax paper that I used with the dehydrator -it is called te-flex and it came with our Excalibur Dehydrator. I am not sure how regular wax paper will work?? You can do with out the wax paper -the drying time is actually a little shorter but your crackers will not be flat. They will start to curl up on the side, but they still taste just as good.

Denise thank you for the Natural Pet Product advice!! Stay tuned we are planning to do a Pet Health show soon. Please if you have any other natural remedies or foods please share!!

Hi Ernesto -I don’t think we know enough about Autism. That might be a great topic for a show, thanks.

Hello Claudia: hosting a Raw Pot Luck is just like hosting any other party!! If you and your friends are new to Raw then I suggest you pick the menu and then just assign everyone a recipe!! Let us know when it will be, we would love to come ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Jessica -they are nothing special and not matching. I just get what is on sale at HomeGoods. I believe the one I use most is a Calphalon.

Marlene I have yet to see Chia Crackers -I’ll get back to you on that one. And Granola is on my list stay tuned!!

Thank again everyone and keep watching!!

Much Love,
    Annmarie

39. Shandi says:

Love the show! I have been watching for a while but just haven’t posted yet. I have been experiementing with many flax cracker recipes and this one looks awesome.

I have been on a Vegan/raw food diet for the last 2 years and I love it. The one thing I struggled with after the first year was teeth issues. My teeth seemed weak and they also started to look a little dingy maybe from all the green foods. I was told that detoxing quickly can actually pull nutrients out of the body and that might have been why my teeth suffered. Some how everything balanced out and my teeth are great now. I was thinking an episode on foods to keep your teeth strong in combination with healthy oils to brush with would be a good idea.

Thank you both so much!! Keep up the great work.

Shandi

40. A.J. says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,
    Love the show, I watch every episode. I will work at posting after every one. I also signed up for TheRenegadeRoundtable, I am the 6th member(aka ‘a founding member’ ๐Ÿ˜› ) – to all you others reading, sign up..it’s awesome.

p.s. – the crackers rock

41. RawTruth says:

Dehydrator — Kathy and others, if you don’t have enough Teflex sheets, you can use parchment paper (not wax paper), but it’s inferior to the reusable teflex sheets that come with the dehydrator. I definitely recommend getting a 9-tray. I am single, but when I make granola, I make enough for a few weeks and use most of the trays. Also, you can dehydrate several things at once. For instance, recently I dehydrated pesto-stuffed mushrooms, bread, and granola all at the same time.

Teeth – Shandi, this is a troubling fact that some people gloss over. Many raw fooders have teeth problems after a few years all raw. Some feel that’s from eating too many dried fruits; others believe it’s from a nutritional imbalance; still others blame it on the lack of heavy-duty chewing from not eating meat and processed foods. Victoria Boutenko found it to be from not enough leafy greens. Thus, her green smoothie was born. I think you have to troubleshoot for yourself, but, if a person isn’t drinking 32 oz. of green smoothie each day, that might be a place to start.

Autism – Ernesto – there are a number of people having amazing results treating their autistic children with a raw diet. It was the subject of a large article in the last issue of the gorgeous raw lifestyle magazine Purely Delicious. There’s also a discussion about it here by those doing it (hope it’s okay to put an outside link here, Kevin & AnnMarie): http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/forum/showthread.php?t=739

My first time on here, so first time posting. Fun, light-hearted blog site, you two. Nice job!

42. RawTruth says:

Oh!! More on DEHYDRATORS because so many people commented that they don’t have one … and toaster ovens can only take you so far! Ha!

Check eBay, Craigslist, and even Freecycle. I got my first one on eBay. It hadn’t been used, just opened. The owners had grand plans for beef jerky … or deer jerky … but didn’t follow through. So, I got it for around $100. What a deal. My second Excalibur (the ONLY one to get!) was from a local raw food listserve. Someone was moving away and had this one that was missing a few trays and was dusty, so I got it for something like $70. Score! On freecycle, you can post a “Wanted” (once you’re a member and have given away some stuff) and someone might very well have one sitting in their garage. Before we raw foodists entered the picture, plenty of people bought them for jerky and fruit leather.

Claudia — a good way to do a POTLUCK is to start a meetup.com raw food group if there isn’t one in your area. There might already be on (go to meetup.com and search for raw food and your city/state). I’m the organizer for the one where I live and the potlucks are great — so easy, and the publicity is essentially done for you.

Marlene — CHIA SEED will only work in crackers combined with other more substantial ingredients like sunflower or pumpkin seeds, nut pulp. etc. They’re very gelatinous but so teensy. I’d probably grind them.

43. Sonia says:

Just a quick tip, when squeezing a lemon, turn the lemon around so that the cut part of the lemon is against your palm. This way the juice flows and the seeds can’t fall out. and you’ll only get one hand full of lemon.

44. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Hey RawTruth! Thanks for your contribution ๐Ÿ˜‰ You want extra work as a permanent question-answer-er? ๐Ÿ™‚

45. Lauren says:

Why I’ve been away…I’m dirt poor and have to work 12-hour shifts way too often so that I can pay my rent.

My comments about the types of show…I like when you focus the shows on answering commonly asked questions, giving fitness and nutrition advice, etc.

On a more positive note, I’m doing volunteer music therapy work and playing in a musical production this summer.

46. sheree says:

I love the guacamole. For years we always added mayonaise or sour cream. Once I became vegan I stopped using those items and the flavor of the guacamole came alive. Delish!!! OH, my question was what type of dehydrator do you have, but I saw you already answered my question in this set of comments. :o)

47. Marlene says:

For those of you who are considering a dehydrator, I just recently bought the Excalibur 4 tray because I have very little space in my apt. It works great and the cost was about $70. Thanks RawTruth for the Chia seed tip!

48. ida margrethe says:

Wow, guacamole is my FAVOURITE thing. i eat it with chopped up veggies or raw flax crackers from sunfood nutrition (or just spoonfulls of it).
    i havnt watched the show in a while, cuz ive been loaded w uni-work. all work and no play – a bit boring sometimes!
    but im unwinding whis weekend with a masquarade harbour cruise on the sydney harbour, so its shold be alright.

keep up the good work guys! love every bit of it! peace

49. Ally says:

I don’t have a dehydrator either. Is there anyway to do the crackers in a regular oven?

Ally from Winnipeg

ps.. I love all your shows!

50. Jonathan Silva says:

Kev’s back in the kitchen!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve been super busy with work and running around, but definitely still watching and telling everyone about you guys!

51. patty says:

I LOVE YOUR SHOW!! SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PLAY CATCH UP DEPENDING ON MY WORKLOAD AND WHAT`S GOING ON WITH THE FAM BUT I ALWAYS DO CATCH UP!! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SUMMER! NO WORK AS I AM A TEACHHER`S ASSISTANT AND I HAVE SUMMERS OFF! LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING ABLE TO RESEARCH MORE ON THE DIET/MEDITATION/HEALTH CONNECTION! KEEP UP YOUR AWESOME WORK!
    PATTY IN VEGAS

52. Evelyn says:

Wow!! That recipe looks great – however, when I do my guac it’s with a lot more hot (serrano peppers, anyone? Pith is removed only when I’m making baby food :P).

I love the shows, although I too often play catch-up. I was raised darn close to raw vegan as a kid (the benefits of being economically challenged – we raised our own food without artificial fertilizers or pesticides and picked mushrooms and berries wild) so that kind of diet is “comfort food” for me. You enthusiasm is catching and brings a smile to my face whenever I watch. Keep it up!

53. Ron says:

Hi Kevin,
    I do watch all your shows. They’re great, and I read much from the site. I was commenting regularly. But, you seemed to have a great number of comments often, so it didn’t seem like there could more ways to tell how cool your show is. I was also stricken with nothing to say when you went with the “Inner Circle” idea.

I wish you the best of luck, Ron

54. Kyle Battis says:

Hey Kevin,

This sounds great!!

My Fiance’ and I LOVE Guacamole so this sounds great.

Thanks for the recipe and keep up the great work,

Kyle Battis

55. rob says:

I have a dehydrator that someone gave to me but it doesn’t have the tray for liquidy stuff. Actually it doesn’t even work very well.
    Could you use the oven on very low? If so, for how long.
    I love recipes.

Rob in Canada

56. I just wanted to tell you, I really love your shows. I love to watch you two demonstrate with your receipes.

You two really are GREAT!!!

57. Nisha says:

Kevin and AnnMarie,

I am going to make these crackers tonight – I was so inspired. I bought a dehydrator but have only used it once and I made crackers. Now you have inspired me to use the dehydrator again. The guacomole looks incredible, there is no reason to have processed chips/dip ever again!

58. sarah says:

hi well this is a retro post (since i have been on vacation and not taking much time for the computer.)
    THANKYOU FOR THIS GUACAMOLE RECIPE. in fact , i thank you for all the kitchen podcasts. i am not that great a cook or that interested in it, tho i am VERY interested in great health. so, um, i am improving. all your kitchen episodes have been really helpful to me and my husband.
    and i just want to say, one thing i like alot is how we can really tell you and anne marie are nuts about each other. it’s good.
    i wanted you to have some feedback, which i havent given that often, but I STILL LOVE THIS SITE AND IT IS THE FIRST THING I GO TO ONLINE AT NIGHT. my girlfriends were jealous so i sent it to them. now we all watch you.
    so, thanks!

59. Deidre says:

My husband and I have gone back and forth about doing the vegetarian or even vegan thing for our entire marriage (5 years). This last winter he had gout in his toe (and he’s only 31!!!!), so we started going vegetarian. We ended up giving up on it because of a job change and the addition of our third child at the same time. Now, it seems he may be starting another gout attack. As sad as it is to see him in pain, it is kind of a blessing in disguise as he is ready for a diet change again. He’s really wanting to try the raw food idea so I have spent so much time today researching it. I came across your site and have loved the recipes as they have given me encouragement to know that raw food does not have to be boring at all!!! Who knew? With all that said, I have so many questions and don’t know where to start. Do you have/know of any good resources for beginners? Also, where do I find a good dehydrator or is a simple one from Target just fine? And, how did/do you deal with meals at friends and families homes? LOVE LOVE LOVE your site!

60. Jenny says:

Hi Kevin & Annmarie!
    I am new to raw food and found your website doing a search for an excalibur on craigslist! Thanks for doing a food show, it makes it so fun to see other people making stuff. I have to say that I am loving being raw. I am 24 weeks pregnant with baby #6 and feel so much energy and no problems like I had with previous pregnancies, yeah! Raw food just feels right to me. I’ve never looked at a cow in a field (I’m in Nebraska, lots of cows:) and thought yum. However I do look at apple and peach trees and think yum! I look at my garden every year and think yum! Anyway, keep it up, and I hope you get this since this is an old show!
    Jenny

61. candy says:

Just was looking for a flax seed cracker and there you two were. Cute couple!I do an organic salad bar for a staff at a small school and am always looking for something new to introduce them to. Also just went to a preThanksgiving Cooked Vegan and Raw Food event last night…..amazing! It included all the recipes….wow/yum. Now I will go check out your website. Have a great one!

62. AmandaRox says:

Delicious guacamole! I made it today and it was yummy and a nice change of pace from my usual raw food. I added a bit of cayenne pepper sprinkled on top for some spice. I look forward to trying more of your recipes!

63. Thanks for all the great work you do. I love the blog, website, and shows!