3 Ways to Cut a Pineapple – New Video

Friday May 8 | BY |

We’ve been working a new concept of 2-minute videos, showing you quick tips and ideas for healthier living. Watch our first one and if you like it, we’ll produce more! Here are three ways to cut a pineapple:

Frederic Patenaude

Frederic Patenaude has been an important influence in the raw food and natural health movement since he started writing and publishing in 1998, first by being the editor of Just Eat an Apple magazine. He is the author of over 20 books, including The Raw Secrets, the Sunfood Cuisine and Raw Food Controversies. Since 2013 he’s been the Editor-in-Chief of Renegade Health.

Frederic loves to relentlessly debunk nutritional myths. He advocates a low-fat, plant-based diet and has had over 10 years of experience with raw vegan diets. He lives in Montreal, Canada.

1. Bela says:

Is that a pearl cutco knife you’re using! I use the same one for everything, it’s awesome. Great video, I’m going to try the boat method.

2. Joanne says:

Great. Loved the video and useful ideas. Keep them coming.
    Merci

3. Chris says:

Excellent ideas for cutting pineapples! Thank you. I love the format of the 2-minute videos. Keep it up.

4. Laurie says:

Thank you for a quick, no-nonsense video on preparing pineapple.
    Very educational and I learned a new way (Asian method with the least waste) of preparing this delicious fruit. Thank you.

5. Karen says:

My mouth starts watering watching this!! Thank you, I will have to go buy a pineapple now! LOL!
    I have never seen the last 2 ways…I probably like the last one the best as it looks to be the fastest.

6. Wade says:

I like the 2 minute time. Very useful information. I believe that it would be good to talk, and show the whole person. Thank you for your effort, and putting this video together… Keep it moving!

7. Helene says:

I have cut my pineapples in 2 of the methods shown. The last method on how to cot the “eyes” out was new & squeeezing juice from the the out skin was also a great tip. Thanks

8. Holly says:

Love the 2 minute video idea, maybe it’s one that should stick around awhile!!!!!!!!! Keep ’em coming.

9. Marilyn says:

Loved the video. I’ve only used the Quick Method but will try the other two. Please keep the videos coming.

10. Isabel says:

mmmm that pineapple looks so juicy

11. For most of your viewers I am sure this video is great! For those of us who are blind or visually impaired, it’s not so great! all I got out of this video was nice music and chopping noises as you cut the pineapple! I think you could still do great videos if you added just a touch of description of what you are doing, especially if it’s an instructional video as this one is. I think these shorts are a great idea and would love to see more of them, as long as I can figure out what is going on. thanks!

12. Liv says:

All I want to do is eat pineapple now!

13. Renee says:

Great idea! Keep it coming, short, sweet and to the point 🙂

14. Isabel says:

Thanks! great fun to watch.

15. Roshan says:

The core of the pineapple is the most important part of the fruit to be consumed. They have digestie and other enzymes and use it make supplements such as bromelain. I love to eat the center core along with the rest of the fruit.

• Pati says:

Wow! I always remove the core because it’s so hard. I didn’t know that it is food medicine. Now I will try to eat it or least some of it.
      This is a great little video. I liked that it didn’t have words but then read what the blind person wrote so yeah, it should have written instructions available.

16. Chloe says:

YES!!! Thank you! Keep the videos coming. I love everything you guys do!

17. Satori says:

That last pineapple was juicy!

18. Claufis says:

Yes, love short and to the point videos! Great music and clarity, very professional, I saw others have Comantin maybe showing the person we got more value to the video. What software do you use to make videos?

19. Juanita says:

Love this short video style with just simple music in the background! Going to try the “boat” method 🙂

20. Jacek says:

I’ve always used the last method that you have demonstrated. But I like your little added touch of squeezing the juice in a bowl from the discarded parts that you’ve cut off. The first two methods appear to be very nice in that the presentation is visually attractive. Nice idea for parties and get-togethers when you’re entertaining.

Does anybody know if the Hawaiian pineapples have been infiltrated with GMO’s? All of the organic pineapples that I’ve seen are much smaller than the ones you have here in this video.

• Pati says:

If you want to be sure that you are not eating GMO (and pesticides) eat organic. Dole has been importing GMO pineapples from Costa Rica and they are growing some GMO pineapples in Hawaii now. Hawaii is the testing site for all biotech experiments which has caused horrible pollution there.

21. Great! made me hungry.

22. Awesome video! Enjoyed watching it. Especially..since I’m awful at cutting pineapple.