If you’re familiar with my raw food recipes, you’ll know that I’m a fan of simple, raw recipes that only contain a few ingredients. This raw avocado seaweed salad is no exception. Both the salad and the dressing have only four ingredients, and the flavors in this tangy salad combine beautifully.
Serves: 1 (full meal)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 firm but ripe avocado
6 large romaine lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon dry dulse seaweed
1 teaspoon raisins
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
1 teaspoon nama shoyu (or soy sauce)
1 teaspoon honey
- Chop romaine lettuce. Place on plate.
- Cut avocado in half. Spoon into bowl. Chop avocado into bite-sized chunks. Crumble dry dulse seaweed into the bowl. Stir gently until avocado is coated in dulse seaweed.
- Place seaweed-coated avocado on top of lettuce. Top with raisins. Set aside so you can make dressing.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients: apple cider vinegar, olive oil, nama shoyu, and honey.
- Stir dressing with a spoon until well mixed.
Combine Salad and Dressing:
Sprinkle a small amount of the dressing on top of salad – taste. Consume salad immediately.
You will have some dressing left over. Store dressing in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator and enjoy another salad tomorrow. Salad dressing will keep for five days in the refrigerator.