The Connection Between Vitamin D and Cancer : Special Healing Cancer Week

Thursday Mar 29 | BY |

Moving right along with our Renegade Health’s Natural Cancer Awareness Week!

In this audio episode, you’ll hear cancer advocate and founder of NaturalNews.com, Mike Adams, explain the connection between Vitamin D and cancer.

If you have low Vitamin D levels, or know anyone who does, this is a must listen. Also, don’t assume that the sun will give you enough of this important nutrient. Mike and I talk about why in the clip.

This audio is part of the Healing Cancer World Summit Archives, which is available for only a few more days. You can access this here if you want the complete program of over 16 hours of great information from the world’s leading natural cancer doctors.

Click here to read more about this package and purchase now!

Now on to the interview…

Your question of the day: Do you know your Vitamin D levels?

Here’s the transcript of this interview…

KEVIN: Well great. Let’s get into some of those positive things and then in the end we’ll kind of look at the larger picture of how to move forward. So you’ve done a lot of research and you’ve talked to a lot of people about some of the things that have worked and do work and what would you say is the role of nutrition in cancer prevention, herbs, vitamin D, and then we can talk about a whole bunch of things. But let’s just start with nutrition and then move into some of the things that you’ve seen that people have been talking about that have been effective.

MIKE: Yes absolutely. Well the number one thing is of course vitamin D. And I know that that name is pounded into everybody’s head so much that they’re probably like again, vitamin D again. Yes it’s really that amazing. It is the most miraculous nutrient, well as you know it’s really more of a hormone but it is a miracle worker inside the human body. And the reason this is so crucial to really hammer this point is because nearly all Americans remain chronically deficient in vitamin D. And I remember you Kevin talking about the fact that if you shower, even if you to get sunlight, vitamin D is on your skin but if you shower frequently you wash it off and you can be deficient. In fact weren’t you saying before that you were shocked that you found yourself deficient in vitamin D even though you were getting a lot of sunlight?

KEVIN: Very shocked and I’ve talked to numerous people who spend time and who live in Florida, who live in these tropical areas, who go out in the sunlight all the time and their levels were low as well.

MIKE: Yes it’s really astounding. I really appreciate you sharing that information with me a few months back because that got me thinking about the issue too. And I actually upped my nutritional intake after that and now I’m taking 10,000 IU’s a day even if I get some sunlight. And I have no signs of vitamin D toxicity whatsoever. In fact the study that I looked at showed that you can – toxicity doesn’t even kick in really until up to 50,000 or 100,000 IU’s a day. So there’s really a wide margin of safety from what I’ve read. And most people remain chronically deficient, maybe 70% of fair skinned people are deficient, as much a 90% of African-American dark skinned people are just chronically deficient in this nutrient and of course Hispanics and Asian Americans are somewhere in-between maybe 80% just would be a good informed guess. But if you look across these communities its astounding what’s going on, in African-American communities you got black women who have the most aggressive cases of breast cancer that the world has ever seen and you’ve got the cancer industry, which absolutely refuses to tell them anything about vitamin D and they just scratch their heads and say gee I wonder, you know why do black women have more fatal cases of breast cancer. Well come on in. Get some chemotherapy, get some radiation, we’ll treat you and charge you and bill Medicare but we won’t tell you how to take vitamin D and stop some of this. It’s amazing. Black men have the most aggressive cases of prostate cancer, far more aggressive than white men. And yet again they’re not being told the truth that hey you could help prevent much of this, as much as 78% of all cancers according to some research, is prevented by vitamin D. So here’s a new trend that costs almost nothing that can help prevent the spread of these tumors and maybe even help your body reverse them so that you go into permanent remission and you’re not a cancer patient anymore. Then you’ve got the Hispanic community, which is suffering from just an explosion, I mean epidemic proportions here of diabetes. And you know I live in the south and I interact with a lot of people of Latino descent and origin and I know that they like to drink a lot of sodas and they don’t take a lot of nutrients. It’s just beginning to know and you see some for example Spanish-speaking themed health food stores across the South are just starting to emerge like in that culture health food is a new thing. I remember in Ecuador they just discovered flaxseed. I’m like wow really. And so they’re a little bit playing catchup on that and meanwhile their population is suffering from these chronic rates of diabetes. Well vitamin D prevents diabetes, not 100% but it helps, it helps in a huge way. And then you’ve got old frail, I don’t mean old, I mean senior citizen age frail white women who are suffering from extreme osteoporosis. Well what’s their situation? They’re indoors all the time or they’re using sunscreen, they’re white as white can be and their bones are falling apart because they have no vitamin D once again. So if you look across the industry the big disease of diabetes, cancer, depression, of bone disorders and even heart disease to some extent they all have a common link of vitamin D deficiency and yet virtually the entire medical industry refuses to say anything to people about vitamin D. Even President Obama should be up on the podium saying hey America everybody get more vitamin D so we can lower our healthcare costs for Gods sake. You know there’s an answer. But you will never hear such a thing from any President. Not anything personal about Obama, of the next President even if he’s a Republican won’t say that either became there are too many corporate vested interests in the continuation of disease in the healthcare system that to teach people how to prevent disease is just unacceptable in our corporate driven political system today. That’s sad because that really is – vitamin D really is an answer that’s readily attainable right now.

Click here to read more about this package and purchase now!

1. Robin says:

Fab. discussion. Though Mike says he takes all that Vit. D, and it’s not toxic for him, he probably has almost no body fat to store it in for toxicity to be an issue!

I would like to know how to get tested. Blood? Saliva? Where to get a test kit?

I also read, but can’t come up with source right away that Vit. D can cause magnesium deficiency! so must be careful, even in good health!

It’s all so interrelated….

Dr, Grant’s website is great!

2. Mlyn says:

I was tested low for vitamin D a few years ago during a very stressful period of my life. Not being a vitamin taker at the time and a drinker of coffee upon arising, I couldn’t motivate myself to set up a routine. Well, my stress led to losing my resiliency to life. From what I know now, I would self-diagnose myself as having adrenal fatigue secondary to stress and lack of nutrition. Well, I finally did begin vitamin D as well as a multivitamin which added up to 2400 IU of D daily. When I purchased a better quality vitamin and mineral tablet which had 5000 IUs, I took both the 2000 and the v/m for 7000 IUs for about a year. The impact of taking the D and the multi v/m has been astounding. In a few months I felt better, able to cope better, not feeling wired and out of control. I concluded that if I felt better from just taking supplements, what other deficiencies could I have. Thus I began the journey of learning about food, including Renegade Health, Food Matters, Forks Over Knives and more, and I cannot even begin to tell you. Suffice it to say, I was not a person known for abnormal lab values or chronic conditions like diabetes or hypertension. But my cholesterol dropped 25 points. My blood glucose dropped 13 points. My vitamin D went from 22 to 53. My doctor was impressed. I intend to continue supplementing, exercising, and experimenting with plant based foods. I agree that if everyone would begin by taking 5000 IUs daily, we just might be able to create a culture of awareness that food is medicine, drugs are not food, and biochemistry is behavior.

3. ted plotner says:

I am buying a d3 liquid——is this better than a capsule——taking a muti with the d3…….is it more absorbable???????I always have found that taking stuff in isolation is not wise

4. Donna says:

Unrelated to this topic, but ties in to the previous two cancer posts…can anyone recommend where to purchase the pancreatic enzymes? What brands do you recommend? I purchased the “Cancer Summit” when it first was offered last year, and it was absolutely outstanding. The info presented is saving my friend’s life. Kevin, you are a gifted interviewer!

5. Susan says:

another interesting look at government intervention by JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO. And people really don’t know and their doctor’s don’t know And yes there are too many corporate interests vested in keeping us fat and sick!

6. Donna Herrick says:

My husband and I started taking 10,000 units of Vit D3 daily, just to make sure we were getting enough. (wanted to be like Mike Adams)…However, I just recently read and have also heard that Vit D can take up a persons LDL, cholesterol but also will Boost the Good HDL. I didn’t pay much attention to this but we just had blood work done, and sure enough both of our bad LDL cholesterol was up by 20 from 6 months ago and out of range, but the good HDL was up by 20 and in even better range. Have you heard of Vit D causing an increase in bad LDL levels by taking Vit D? Please Advise Thanks Donna

7. Jeni says:

Hi Kev

I eventualy got my levels tested and they were poor but I had no idea till think you started talking about it and the fact that I have osteoporosis in my back. I had some large dose from the Dr. and this helped a lot in the spring-Autumn months and I thought that would carry me throu the winter and summer months.
    I have a small allotment and thought I would be okALL year round. But as I got a test done about 1 month ago I was shocked to see it plumit again but not as low as before.

I wondered do fermented foods help absorbtion?? I started eating Natto and Hummous and still craving it most days.

8. One for All says:

I am happy to have listened to this interview. Thanks Kevin!

However, nobody mentioned the type of Vit D that we should be taking.

There is Vit D2 and Vit D3.

It is important to take Vit D3. I was hoping the reasons why would have been discussed in this interview.

Also. A good suggestion is where to get this Vit D3 and what is the optimum levels to take every day?

I have found the OPTIMUM Vit D3 which is from a company called Innate Response. Innateresponse.com. It is an organic WHOLE FOOD Vit D3 and it is not in a capsule it is a tablet that dissolves easily and rapidly and is organic.

Another good one is to take an oral spray format you can get one from Dr. Mercola mind you it tastes HORRIBLE! But just a couple of squirts and then down it goes.

I believe the absolute best would be to get a Vit D3 Cream one you rub into your wrists and it is absorbed without going through your digestive tract. I tried one from my naturopath and it was excellent.

Those are 3 options to supplement Vit D3.

It is a good thing to know that it depletes your magnesium levels and to take a spray on magnesium supplement is also wise… I have one I squirt directly onto my skin after a shower on my hips, chest, top of the feet and behind the knees from activationproducts.com. This product provides the maximum amount of magnesium to the body without straining the kidneys.

On a final note. If you are supplementing Vit D3 be it a cream, spray or capsule it is a good idea to take it “WITH” Vit C at the same time for optimum absorption. Was hoping the reason would be explained in this video. I take camu camu (vitamin C) in capsule format – you can also get it in powder format at Whole Foods. It is the MOST powerful & bioavailable Vit C out there other than Amla. I drink Amla Tea. Amla is comparable to Camu Camu Vit C but it also is a digestive aid and lowers lipid fat levels in the blood and reduces blood sugar levels in diabetics, and also reduces weight – great digestive aid especially after a meal containing meats and oils. 20Xs more vit C than an orange. Powerful antioxidant.

Hope this info helps ~ just a few added things to assist with optimum Vit D3 absorption.

PEACE and to your Optimum Vibrant Health!

9. Sunny says:

Hi Kevin,
    I am starting a new website about a great healing tool I have lots of confidence in. As a part of my sharing information, I will eventually be putting together a brief newsletter maybe once or twice a month. I have read such great articles on your site as was wondering is it okay if I occasionally use some of the text, like what Mike Adams says about Vitamin D…or is it all copyright? Or can I just take some of the content out and use it? Please advise.
    Thanks so much. You’re doing a great service!
    Happy for you two about the pregnancy. Sunny

10. margaret paynter says:

Hi,about vitaminD, I attended a talk where Phillip Day said that after spending time in the sun it takes 48 hours to absorb vitaminD, so don’t wash it off. Just use soap under arms and naughty bits, other areas as needed. So we need to be aware of how much time we can spend out doors, some day’s I don’t go outside at all. Will have to make more time for being outside, even my cloth’s line is under cover.

Love everyone’s comments

11. Deb says:

After I had a melanoma removed, I went to a holistic MD looking for secondary prevention. The doc eventually concluded that accumulated heavy metals had been the root cause of the lesion, and deficiency of vitamin D kept my immune system from working properly. He put me on 8000 IU per day of vitamin D3 dissolved in olive oil. His goal was to get my blood level of D3 up to 80 ng. Several months later he retested to confirm that level was achieved.

12. Mary Kay says:

I believe you can do too much Vit D. I was tested and was a very low 18 with the OH25 blood test, so I took about 4000 iu’s of D3 a day. A couple mos later I had a constant pain in my back and had a feeling it was a kidney stone, which I’ve never had. I thought maybe Vit D could affect this and researched and only found one little ditty on the internet stating the only way kids generally get kidney stones is when taking too much Vit D, so figured I was okay. I drank lots of lemon juice and vinegar and in one month the pain went away.

Fast forward about 6 mos, and I went to the docs and had my level tested again, and it was 118. My doc said “You’d better decrease your dosage or you could get kidney stones!” Interestingly, I never even told her about the fact I thought I had one sev’l mos earlier.

13. In some European countries fish oils are given out free to prevent health problems. Our government could save lots of money by being honest and upfront with info about vita D and other preventitive tools. It boils down to pharma greed and wanting the uneducated public to poison themselves with drugs.
    I had a discussion with my GP about Vita D she said I was taking too much, plainly told her wait till the test comes back. I was doing ok with my intake.

14. ANNIE says:

CONGRATULATIONS Kevin and Annamarie!

I’m so glad that you chose to “BE SURPRISED” about your baby, rather than have that Ultrasound stuff done, which I just found out is possibly one of the main causes of the increased Autism rate in children! I’m also ecstatic that you’re having a natural birth!

Congratulations again and stay healthy and ENJOY your new little Godly-Spirit!

Annie

15. Ronn says:

I’m surprised that Mike either forgot to mention or is unaware of the Vitamin D3/Vitamin K connection. If you’re taking higher levels of D3, you should be taking vitamin K2 also. Here’s a brief excerpt from Dr. Mercola’s web site:

“As an aside, there is evidence that the safety of vitamin D is dependent on vitamin K, and that vitamin D toxicity (although very rare with the D3 form) is actually aggravated by vitamin K2 deficiency. So if you take oral vitamin D, ideally you should take vitamin K2 as well or use organic fermented foods that are high in vitamin K2, as you need about 150 mcg per day.”

16. Kelli says:

Yes, I also read about the necessity of taking K2 with Vitamin D.

I even heard someone on the Vegetarian World Summit say that D3 is toxic and we should be getting D2. Most of what I’ve read is about D3, though.