Osteoporosis Myths and Bone Breaking Osteoporosis Drugs Exposed! : Healing Osteoporosis Naturally Week!

Monday Dec 5 | BY |

nettle-tea-silica-bone-health
This is a Peruvian species of nettles which is high in silica. Just boil to make a tea – even at 14,000 feet! (Near Ausangate, Peru)

This week is going to be “Healing Osteoporosis Naturally Week” at Renegade Health…

The reason why is because during the holidays, I can almost guarantee that you’ll eat foods that are more acidic than normal.

Even your organic, raw apple pie is slightly acidic in nature, which – in excess – can affect your bone density (yes, men too!)

Poor bone health is closely linked to the more obvious – poor diet, no exercise, medications – as well as to less obvious reasons like lack of minerals, unusual hormone levels and stress.

This week, I’m going to go over some of the most common issues surrounding osteoporosis issues as well as give you solutions that you can use.

Since we’re “celebrating” this week, we’re also going to put our special bone health program “The Complete Bone Health Solution with Dr. J.E. Williams” on sale as well to make it affordable for you to not only get the free information I’m giving, but to also get the full in-depth program if you’re interested in taking this information further.

You can check that out here…

But for the week, I want to start with 4 Bone Health and osteoporosis myths that need to be explored. About 10 months ago, Annmarie and I went to Sarasota, Florida to visit our own personal doctor and renowned clinician Dr. J. E. Williams.

While we were there, I filmed two videos with him where I asked him to outline the most prominent bone health myths so you could understand why some people get better when they have osteoporosis and why some don’t. I also asked him to talk about the use of osteoporosis drugs, which I think you’ll find fascinating – some of them can actually cause your bones to fracture.

I think you’ll enjoy these two videos (we’ll have solutions all week, so stay tuned for those!)…

Here’s Video #1:

Here’s Video #2:

Here are some thoughts on these videos…

Preventing Bone Loss and Osteoporosis Myth #1

Myth: Osteoporosis is a calcium deficiency disease.

Osteoporosis, is in fact, not a calcium deficiency disease. While building bone does require calcium, this is only part of the picture.

True: Calcium supplements alone don’t work. Our bodies require vitamin D, K vitamins, magnesium, silica and potassium and other nutrients to build strong bones. Plant sources of calcium are important in bone health, but are not the complete solution.

Getting calcium from dairy may not be a good solution either because it contains phosphorus which can be acid forming in the body.

Preventing Bone Loss and Osteoporosis Myth #2

Myth: Osteoporosis is incurable, and the only way to treat it is with drugs.

This is very far from the truth. In fact, Dr. Williams has a record of stopping bone loss and improving bone density that is documented in his practice. Approximately 80% of those people didn’t use drugs at all.

True: Drugs have profound side effects. Natural methods do work.

In fact, I’ve actually spoken to a woman who has suffered from a transverse fracture of the femur (very rare fracture) due to the use of bisphosphonates which are bone drugs like Fosamax and Boniva.

The very drugs that are supposed to protect your bones, actually can cause you more harm. This to me is criminal. If I was involved in selling anything that was in the least bit harmful – like causing a rash or something like that – I could be sent to jail. Even more scary, is that if I even suggest that something natural is a cure for anything, our business could be shut down.

In the case of these osteoporosis drugs, people can break their legs when they ingest this chemical and all the drug company has to do is issue a warning that it’s possible to fracture your leg while taking it.

Hands washed clean (but not karma.)

Preventing Bone Loss and Osteoporosis Myth #3

Myth: Osteoporosis is simple bone loss and it happens to everyone during aging.

This again is not true. Bones are meant to be strong for your entire life. Anyone who tells you that your bones are naturally going to get brittle and break, has not studied the bones of some of the longest lived people in the world. Their bones tend to be strong and dense up to the very day they pass away.

True: Osteoporosis is a highly complex disease that is a combination of many systems in the body including hormones, digestion and more. Bones should last a lifetime.

Preventing Bone Loss and Osteoporosis Myth #4

Myth: Osteoporosis is only a problem with women.

Dr. Williams has told me that men too can show signs of osteoporosis, but it is rarely diagnosed since everyone assumes this is a disease that affects only women. In fact, Dr. Williams told me that sometimes even he misses possible bone loss with men at the initial consultation or first round of testing because this myth is so ingrained in our belief system.

True: Osteoporosis can and does occur in men.

Preventing Bone Loss and Osteoporosis Myth #5 (The Most Shocking to Me)

Myth: An alkaline diet completely prevents or cures osteoporosis.

I was under the assumption that eating lots of green vegetables, drinking green juices and other mineral rich foods can reverse or prevent bone loss or cure osteoporosis. Apparently, I wasn’t exactly correct. Dr. Williams has seen many patients on healthy plant based diets that have very poor bone density – even though they feel great on their diet. While an alkaline (or high plant based) diet can help, you must not assume that your diet is working and not get your bone density tested.

True: Metabolic acidosis increases bone loss, but you can’t rely on just diet in many cases.

Identifying these myths and truths will definitely help us get closer to the truth about how to prevent or even reverse bone loss. This week, I’m going to give you some sound solutions that you can take with you on your journey – much deeper than this primer today – to help you have strong bones for as long as you choose to live!

If you can’t wait for the solutions and you’re interested in tackling this entire subject right now, we have a special deal for you on our “Complete Bone Health Program with Dr. J. E. Williams” for this week only.

Here’s where you can check this out now…

Your Question of the Day: What are you thoughts on these myths? Did you know about these osteoporosis drugs?

1. Janet says:

Kevin,

My boyfriend as 5 broken/fractured/degenerated discs and vertebrae in his spine. He was diagnosed with a blood test for stiff man’s disease. Does Dr. Williams know how to reverse this and rebuild the bones and vertebrae. Is raw foods/drink enough? What can be given to him to reverse this?

Thanks

2. Lorraine says:

Hi Kevin,
    I am very happy that you are going to address this problem for a week. I thougth if I changed my diet to an alkaline one and took my calcium supplement, that I could reverse my pre-osteoporosis condition. I have a soft spine now that has caused me to have back surgery recently, and arthritis. I am really looking forward to what you have in store for us this week.

3. Velda says:

What great information, Kevin!! I was on Fosamax for about 3 years. I decided to get off of it. When I told my doctor he asked me why. I told him about the research I had done on it an the dangers. He had no argument against my desire to get off. He just kind of took a thoughtful pose and said something like “let’s see, you’ve been on it about 4 years now ….. that’s long enough”. Whatever that means. Actually, he was a very nice man and was quite open to me using a natutal approach to my health and I appreciated that about him. So many doctors try to belittle you and make you feel stupid, but he could see the results of my health improving and was actually please I was doing so well. Imagine that!!

Again, really great, important information. Thank you!!!

4. LynnCS says:

Velda, you are a lucky girl. So am I in a way. My dr also didn’t argue with me when I told him I wanted to find a more natural way to deal with all the issues I was faced with. Well..I should say, he referred me to a different doctor and when that didn’t work, he agreed that getting into too much medication and eventually hospitals is dangerous. The problem is that I had been on some very bad meds for many years before I met him. The bone med I had taken was Actonel. I took it for many years till I heard about the jaw necrosis problem. Asked my doctor (NP then) and she said, “we can take you off it if you want.) I never took it again, but the damage was done. That was some years ago and I have been beating the bushes for answers ever since. I have hope with the raw food diet, but the current doc still wants me to take calcium/magnesium. I can do that if it really does any good. In spite of him wanting me to go on a “new generation” of medicine which has as it’s first side effect, blood clots, and estrogen which also has a history of blood clots, so no, I don’t think so. Never said anything about Vit K2, tested my D2 and D3. It’s ok, but taking it anyway. Didn’t say anything about Silica, so I asked. He said no, it had no value. So I just said ok. I got a book called, “Save Our Bones.” Got a rebounder and try to do whatever exercises are supposed to help. I am open to hearing anything that might help, but don’t really know where to go from here, except to keep up the diet and exercise. So again, I say thank you, Kevin for bringing this most important topic to us. Lynn

5. Jacque says:

I had the Velda experience also, with Fosamax and my bone doctor, but after I had been keeping track for 4 years of each xray that kept showing improvement in my bone density!! WOW! I am relating to this! Actually, my diagnosis is only osteopenia, but it has not gone full blown because I research everything now and don’t believe most of what conventional doc says. My diet includes chlorella/spirulina, a multi-vitamin mineral with COq10, krill oil. I stay away from red meat and rarely eat fried foods. Thanks for this info.. Keep up the great work!!!

6. Jacque says:

Oh… and I am very proud of the fact that I do not take ANY kind of drug. Also I am a volunteer Senior Companion and when I get a new client, I automatically manage to see all the drugs they take. Sometimes it take me a year to get them off MOST of them. I feel Big Pharma is running our country so I just do what I can without getting myself arrested.
    I follow Charlotte Gerson closely.

7. Leanne W says:

I had my bone density tested 4 years ago and it was better than a 20yo( 48 at the time) I was put onto a medication that has osteoporosis as a side effect. 2 years later my bone density had gone down ( still better than a 20 year old). I have just had another bone density test recently which shows my bone density has gone up significantly. For the last 8 months I have been taking an all natural product called Osteodenx and this has turned around 3 years and 4 months of detgerioration in my bone density ( In 8 months). If anyone wants information on this natural product which stimulates bone build up ( like when we are young) I am happy to advise how to get it. I have seen the same improvement in my 83yo Mother and a 60 yo friend who has been on cortisone for years ( which can cause osteoporosis)

8. Eileen says:

It’s a shame that I have to buy a product without even knowing what I’m buying. This is like being baited for this doctors’ hook. He seems to be an expert in his field, yet after spending time reading this article and trying to get helpful education to improve my state of bone health, I have to buy this amazing product that’s full of 80% promising results to get the answers I need. I guess only the rich get help.

9. maca says:

I have osteoporosis is this will be a great week for me.

10. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Eileen, be patient please, we’re focusing on bone health all week. 🙂

11. Gabriela says:

Very very good videos! Great length too! 🙂

Thank You Kevin and Annmarie!

12. Carol Carson says:

Hello Kevin,

I came across these “bone health” videos a couple of months ago and almost stopped taking the Alendronate (70 mg, once weekly) that I have been on for the past year. My doctor hasn’t been very willing to discuss this. I m 5’6″ and my weight ranges between 115 and 120 pounds. She recommended this drug several years ago, and after more than two years of procrastination, and two bone density tests, the 2nd considerably worse than the first, I finally started it. I have just completed a year, and am thinking again. I live in Vancouver, BC. Do you have a suggestion for a course of action? My thanks to you for an excellent blog. I have just added it to mine (not a health blog but just a record of my life, i guess).

Carol Carson

13. Laura says:

My mom was just diagnosed w osteoporosis and i am worried. Now that she really sees the reality and is willing to do something what would be a good list of foods that will help her on the road to recovery? thanks!