How to Protect Yourself from EMFs (Electromagnetic Frequencies) : Exclusive Renegade Health Interview

Thursday Nov 17, 2011 | BY |

protect yourself from this EMF pollution
No Photoshop here, just some serious EMFs. (La Ceiba, Honduras)

After questions about water, probably the second most popular topic we inquires about is how to protect yourself from EMFs (Electromagnetic Frequencies.)

I’ve talked to a lot of experts about these, but I’ve realized that not a lot of people know what they’re talking about. In fact, there were some things that I thought I knew and after talking to this expert, I realize that clearly I didn’t know as much as I thought I did.

My guest today is Mary Cordaro who specializes in consulting on healthy, green home building and remodeling, diagnosing and solving “sick building syndrome” as well as EMF protection.

That’s what we’re going to talk about today, so check it out Part 1 of 2 here (My written comments follow)…

mary cordaro

Click the play button to start the call:

Download

Here are my thoughts…

1. Did you know there were two types of EMF?

Most people are unaware that there are two types of EMF frequencies. Low Frequency EMF or 60 hertz is what most homes run on. These come from appliances, wires in your wall, power wires outside or anything else that is plugged in. These come in the form of AC electric and AC magnetic.

The second are high frequency EMFs and these come from cellular, radio and wireless frequencies.

They both are prevalent just about everywhere, though the amount of high frequency EMFs have significantly increased over the last two decades.

2. A Gauss meter doesn’t detect high frequency EMFs.

I have a Gauss meter and I had no idea that it didn’t measure high frequency EMFs from radio, wireless, and cell phones. It does measure the low frequency EMFs put out by these items, but doesn’t measure the high frequencies that they put out.

What’s scary is that these things put out a ton of low frequency EMFs so I can’t imagine how much high frequency EMFs they put out.

What’s also scary is that I was using a Gauss meter without fully knowing it’s capabilities. :-)

3. Low Frequency EMFs are released even when things that are plugged in are turned off.

I’ve learned this by walking around with my Gauss meter in the house. The printer was causing the meter to pulse even though it was completely turned off.

If you’re concerned about these low frequencies, I’d suggest unplugging all appliances that you are not using.

4. Here are some basic tips to protect yourself from all types of EMFs…

Keep your wireless router as far from you as possible or use an Ethernet wire for a direct connection. Turn your router off at night and unplug as much as you can.

Plastic Romex wiring in your walls release more EMF than other wire. If you’re extremely sensitive, you can have an electrician install a shutoff switch in your bedroom that will turn off all electricity flowing into that room.

Your Question of the Day: What is your EMF protection plan? Do you have one?

In Part 2, Mary will talk about other ways to protect yourself, as well as address protection technologies.

If you want to learn more about Mary and what she does, you can visit her site here: http://www.marycordaro.com

1. Leslie Riley says:

What about products like the qlink pendent or bracelets. Do they work?

2. Gabe Hunninghake says:

Yes they do Leslie. I’ve had a doc use strength testing on me while sitting in front of a laptop. There was a noticeable improvement with the pendant then when without. Same goes for the cell phone protectors like Waveshield. We can’t avoid all EMFs, and I like benefits wireless technology provides, but it just makes sense to protect ourselves while enjoying it.

Thanks Kevin. Looking forward to tomorrow’s post.

3. diane says:

What about organite?

4. harri says:

what about the poor honeybees; they are so damaged by emf. we need a solution for them so that we don’t have a pollination crisis and world famine

5. Mike says:

Does Grounding oneself while working infront of the computer or sleeping in bed help from EMF?

6. Aloha Kevin, As always great information. We have one of the answers to EMF and they come in the form of a bracelets in agate and medallions in rose quartz, tiger eye, white jade, black obsidian, and black / white zebra jasper.These rare pendents and bracelets come fully charged
    with Scalar and Zero-Point Energy! They provide 24 hr support and protection from ELF’s , EMF’s, Chem-trails, Radiation, improves immune function 149%. Helps you to sleep like a baby. It also allows the ?exibility of placing it under a glass or a plate to clear your food and water of the energy of pollutants, contaminants, and pesticides for just 30 seconds. When worn, it creates a 5 ft cocoon around the body. Wear them when you travel and they may help relieve jet lag. This technology represents the ?rst entry of “true – bio – scaler” into the wellness market. With more than 20 years of research and development, including clinical
    studies presented as “the future of medicine “ at the National Institutes of Health, Mount Sinai Medical School, and proposed DNA research with top Geneva geneticists, it
    continues to astound scientists and doctors.
    Blessings of health
    Kathryn
    727-776-1958
    togethernlove@gmail.com

7. Yakitah Jones says:

Hey Kev,
    I learned something from this script. I really
    didn’t know that there was so much exposure.

You think of everything, when it comes to researching for our continued overall wellbeing.

Keep up the good work.
    Yakitah

8. I wasn’t aware there was so much, wish I could get back to the country. I bdo what I can with using adult stem cell nutrition http://jdimlm.com/miracles. Thank you and God Bless

9. Kevin. I think it would be a good idea if you could tell us how long the call is when you post it so we know if there is time to listen online or if we need to download it.

I was very electrically sensitive for a long time but as I improved my health the sensitivity improved although my head can still spin if we are away somewhere and have to use a wireless connection for the laptop.

Have not listened to the call yet but I am just looking into grounding. It is supposed to help with sensitivity although we need to protect ourselves from it as much as possible.

10. Beverly says:

Kevin-thank you very much for your information on EMFs. I live in Italy and face a HUGE challenge as both my houses are packed with these issues. As these are my dream homes when considering all of the desirable features-a rooftop garden in the city and 100 trees in the country-I will list my electrical appliancea and plan how to redesign on-off switches. Then I will consult my excellent electrician in the country. Thank you again for raising everyone’s awareness!

11. just sit there says:

I have an Orgone cone… I bought it online from Germany. It is the OPTIMUM one available. It busts chemtrails as well as protects you from EMF’s in your home. I have a couple infront of the TV a HUGE cone infront of my computer and a couple on my bedside table. Supposed to shift negative energy into positive and bust chemtrails and protect from EMF and other frequencies harmful to our being.

Orgonite. Cool.

Works dramatically well.

12. Mist says:

Excellent information; thank you, Kevin! :-)

My long-term EMF protection plan is to move to the country.

My short-term EMF protection plan is to apply the tips I learned here and elsewhere.

Here are some great videos to check out on blocking EMF:
    Shielding RF radiation with aluminum screening
    Aluminum foil on Smart Meter
    Aluminum mesh screen on Smart Meter

Here’s a site with a lot of great info on EMF and products to measure and block EMF:

13. Rosalind says:

I am very sensitive to all energies and thought I was taking all the precautions I could, like only using a cell phone for text messages rather than actually holding it to my ear. I also switch off appliances when not in use, but I had no idea that I really ought to be unplugging them! Am just wondering whether it would be okay to turn them off at the wall plug?

14. Maria says:

To: “just sit there”

Can you please specify what orgon cone you are mentioning? A Homepage to have a look at it!

Thank you!

15. nilsholgerson says:

a japanes TV moderator got leukemia after eating fukushima präfektur foods.
    You might find a english article.

Do we know have to eat all day miso. And other things like fresh local foods*

16. Sylvia says:

Some time ago I was advised that Crystals strategically placed would help to reduce the harmful effects. I have since then had pieces of Fleurite by the television and computer. Is this actually doing the job?

17. Alex says:

Thanks Kevin, and Mary too, for helping to increase our awareness of the dangers of electromagnetic radiation, both low-frequency and radio-frequency.

If anyone needs more information on this topic, they can find it at http://www.emwatch.com

Thanks once again for an interesting and informative interview.

Alex

18. Jisa says:

I hope you will cover the effects of smart meters and how to protect from them. Power utilities all over the world are ramming them down our throats and there are a lot of people raising the alarm about the negative health effects. Thanks

19. Raw obsidian is very inexpensive and will obsorb emfs and other unhealthy energy. Just place small to medium size pieces of it close to your electronic equipment for protection. I actually wear an obsidian pendant instead of the expensive plastic, copper and mineral one that I had purchased…

20. Sue says:

Since my son went to school in Berkeley in 2008, the negative effects of EMF’s were constantly being brought up in his classes. He realized as much as he wanted to avoid EMF’s he still needed to use a phone,computer,etc to survive in todays world so he did a lot of research on products to see if there were any that would help him “neutralize” the effects of EMF’s. After doing a lot of research he set up this site to educate people on EMF’s and he supplies products (the Qlink) specifically do this. This product has been around for 20 years and has a lot of scientific research behing it. The stainless steel bracelets are the easiest to wear and we have all felt a difference in focus and energy since we have had them on. Hope this helps.

21. Sue says:

You can go to http://www.futurepreventatives.com to get more info on EMF’s.

22. tony stewart P Eng EE says:

The study of 60Hz risks was bogus in the 90’s. THe researcher was convicted of fraud to get grants.
    The only risks are cell phone transmitters, CB, Ham transmitters, leaky seals on microwave ovens and WiFi boosters. All the Class B approved Wifi Products are safe even to Heart pulsers.
    Risk increases with log of frequency, so Gamma, Radon and EMP from nuclear explosions are risks. We can control Radon gas leaks in the sewer.

The rest of 60Hz in the home is bogus. Exceptions may exist but I didn’t hear any.

Router signals are typically ?30dB at 1 ft or less than a milliwatt. It is not harmful if you touch it either.

Electrical outlets with 60Hz are zero risk unless you are talking 1 megaVolt field strengths. 1kV is no risk from fields. Even Electro Static voltages reach 30kV with the same electric fields as same voltage in 60Hz. But increasing to a MHz is a problem at that voltage like in AM transmitters which are well guarded.

Without actual energy dB/Root Hz levels reported in a technical discussion , its hocus pocus. Military have tested ingress and human tolerance and affects since WWI and documented the risks. FCC have taken a more conservative limit for Class B emanations. Electric Fields below 0.3 MHz are largely ignored due to low impact. Below this only magnetic induction is a concern which is not susceptible in the body. MRI is much greater than 1 Tesla and is much greater than 1 MHz,. Even this is safe to humans when used as performed, which is many many orders of magnitude than any EMI mentioned in this report.

23. Marcia says:

I use a grounding mousepad, footpad and salt lamp by my computer. Are they helping me avoid EMF’s. I sleep on grounding sheets. Do they help with the EMF’s in ones bedroom?

24. Janice Pluschkell says:

I have been using products from Tesla’s for many years to protect me from EMF/EMR’s. Their website is http://www.teslas.us. Their products range from Personal Pendants, Mobile Phone Tags, Computer Plate and House Plates (of which I have all). Wouldn’t be without them.

25. Thank you so much for such a great interview, Kevin! I also recommend Earthing Clint Ober by and Zapped by Louse Gittleman if you want to learn more.

26. Ann Pedersen says:

Using Q Tape from Dr. Marshal__l with imbedded alpha-dot. (www.healthline.cc ; 800-370-3447.) Also interested. in C-Prime bracelet. Have you investigated the stetzer dirty electricity?

27. RC says:

This is the effects on the blood in this VIDEO using a computer and a cordless phone!!!!

28. bikegata says:

I’ve been concerned with emf for some years, ever since I ran into San Francisco emf activist Doug Loranger. There have been years of ongoing battles against placement of excess cell phone antennas in San Francisco and around the country. The SF group is called snafu: http://www.antennafreeunion.org/. The EMR Network (http://www.emrnetwork.org/) is even more wide ranging. Both sites have tons of resources. There has been a lot of research around this, but the cell phone industry wrote the section of the 1996 Federal Telecommunications Act that bars any consideration of health concerns when the companies apply for ever more antennas. Thank you for picking up on this issue, Kevin. Laina Berman, a KPFA programmer, covers this topic a lot too, brings scientists and activists on to speak.

29. Kevin!
    Thanks for researching and providing invaluable inputs on health and it reaches me regularly tho Iam in fsr away Inda. I re-send valuable tips like ” Its better to use Reverse Osmosis water filters. ” by way of daily sms so that youll b happy to know that it reaches another 1000ppl.
    Tho Iam not competent enof to talk on EMF, permit me to say the follg.
    Raw eaters may be more sensitive to it.Nutarians esp. I found living on coconut enhances sensitivity.
    Most intelligent &sensible RAWFOODADVOCATING persons, dont think of integrating into NATURAL LIFESTYLE,
    the sciences of the mind and soul like douzing,meditation,reiki healing, kapaala bhaati( shooting exhales-breathing exercises-baba ram deo’s site can be referred )!!
    For instance,jetlagging is an EMF phenomenon-wh can be solved effectively by “walking barefeet on good natural earth for say 1km” they say.Thats done for “Earthing” only.
    Meditation,astral,virtual,digital,wireless in general,vaguely, are all,I believe within the power of a developed /practised human brain. EARTHING METHODS I KNOW OF:
    Those who r oversensitive to EMF may try to do JOGGING barefeet on virgin good earth. It may work. To neutralise positv and negativ energies ofEMF, RUB BOTH PALMS TOGETHER. JUST 10 seconds and take 5 deep breathings in 1:2 ratio. videos can be made available on my site to educate by demos-www.sunflowerdance.com
    those needing just drop a reminder thru email id on my site.
    Sometimes taking a salt bath also removes EMF effect.
    D.Parameswaran
    India

30. wendy green says:

HAHA…that’s “my” La Ceiba!! crazy isn’t it? good thing we have virtually ZERO emf’s up in the mountains….!! thanks for this exellent post kev

31. shelly kalnitsky says:

go to http://www.cprnews.com with over 170 studies on cell phone dangers world wide posted under world news
    Children are at the greatest risk as their skulls are thinner and the radiation goes deeper into their brain.
    Cell and cordless phones cause brain tumors and computer screens emit high levels of EMF radiation

32. Wanda says:

David Wolfe talks about grounding, to restore the balance of the body, how does this fit with the damage done by EMF? Would simply walking barefoot on the earth reduce the effect? Thanks for the info Kevin.

33. Anne says:

HI Kev,

I’ve just returned to Australia after 4 years in Canada living in a high rise (10th floor). Here I’m in a more regional area with no high rises and smaller population. However, I know the EMF from cell towers and phones in Australia is worse than in Canada/ US as there is only GMS and 3G (CDMA was available before but no longer) and CDMA is the least harmful.

Also, here in Australia you can shut the power at the switch as there is an on/off button at the power point. Wondering if just shutting that would be the same as unplugging in the US/Canada or elsewhere with no on/off switch.

Life is much more connected to nature here and often end the day walking the dog on the beach barefoot and spend quite a lot of time barefoot here which helps with grounding.

I also use the grounding mat in front of the computer and also a grounding sheet in my bed for sleep but I know they work for Low Frequency but unsure about high Frequency or microwave.

Thanks
    Anne

34. josephine says:

I have had a CLARUS CL-100 Environmental System, an EMF buster, for well-over a decade. It quit a couple of weeks ago. I don’t feel as “settled” at home as I am accustomed to feeling.

35. James Knight says:

Thanks, Kevin, this is really important and useful information. I look foreard to part two. Keep up the good work and God bless you and Annemarie.

36. jerry kumin says:

What are scientific studies of EMF causing disease then reversed or improved with EMF avoidance?

37. Lori says:

I purchased a computer pad and bed sheet to sleep grounded but recently learned that using them can transmit dirty electricity to you unless you live in a sandy area like TX. Any thoughts on this Kev? Thank you.

38. [...] talked about this in Part 1 (here), but re-emphasized the value of removing wireless from the home and attaching your computer to the [...]

39. Marilyn says:

I unplugged my grounding sheet after listening to this interview. Who knows what to do.

40. Satellite says:

What about ELF transmissions from satellites?

Can you hear the high pitched screaming inside your head now?

HOW do we remediate / shield from this???

41. Satellite says:

tony stewart P Eng EE’s comment is a typical “school educated” opinion.

The fact is that we have bio-electric bodies, and ANY and ALL EMF, ELF, and ESF (Electro Static Fields) have SOME kind of impact on our bodies.

We all know how much credibility that the military/government has, so we can ignore those “tests” as well.

Having said that, of course, there are certain frequencies that are more detrimental, like 2.4GHz, which happens to be the resonant frequency of water (assigned by our friends in the government, the FCC, to most routers / wireless phones, etc.).

Additionally, there are certain frequencies that are actually beneficial to the human body, such as healthy scalar waves, however, those have been banned, by, guess who, our friends the government again.

Obviously, there is the length of exposure times amplitude of exposure factor as well, and that, combined with each individual’s constitution will determine the impact a person will experience.

All said, why volunteer yourself to society’s sick experiment? Can you really afford to get headaches, lose sleep, get cancer, just to name a few of the KNOWN effects from electronic smog?

If not, then move AC powered devices away from your bed, use cables instead of a WiFi router or turn off the WiFi when not in use, say NO to smart meters, use a blue-tube or speaker mode on your cell phone, scrap your wireless phone and go back to a wired phone, and so on.

To your excellent health!

42. Kathryn says:

Another great show filled with more great info. Thank you Kevin.
    Wow a lot of mixed opinions. I do know one thing and you get what you pay for. There are many people now claiming they are selling products with scalar technology. I am sticking with the original authentic clinically proven products which have 20 years of clinical research to back it up. There is no comparison. Beware of people selling imitations, you can find the real deal at togethernlove@gmail.com.
    Blessings of health
    Kathryn

As far as David Wolf’s products (which i have not tried), his name is his reputation so i am sure he has done his homework and his pads do what they say they do

43. A cancer-expert told me that 50 hertz is more disturbing for the humuan body than 60 hertz. I live in Europe, where we use 50 hertz in the powerlines. Does anybody know more about that?

44. Kevin and Mary what a great and informative interview on the subject of EMFs. When I look at the photo sample on this page I think a lot of Thailand. It is terrible in Thailand the way they plaster telephone , internet, and TV cables up against buildings and residential homes across windows and balconies at a persons head level. Now wireless is the rage everywhere with handphones and computers and microwaves.

I listened to the Author Ty Bollinger (Think out side of the box)
    http://www.cancertruth.net/ about cell phones and EMF radiation.

In his own words hand phones are a scam for the cell phone industry that is making billions and are covering up every story and study that comes out of Europe. We do not know the long term effects and if there is a study it may be to late to do anything by then as the damage to peoples health will be done long ago.

I was wandering if having lots and lots of large mature trees near and around the house would absorb some of the EMFs?

Presently I am designing 3 new bedrooms on my property and placing them as far away as I can from power lines. I plan to have no outlets or any wiring done in the rooms for sleeping. I will have floor to ceiling glass to let the natural sun light in and to power some solar lights installed in the ceiling. At night time the solar lights will kick in.My home does not use wireless routers only land line ethernet connections. No micro wave and all electric and wall units are unplugged and shot off. But even doing this if you have homes close by you can still get their EMF pollution. I consider my self lucky as I purchased land on both sides of my home to keep my neighbors some what further away from my home. And behind my house is a vacant lot that helps. But the down side is 1000 homes are build in my gated community and the Thai Government has a lot of ugly cables strung up and down streets to save money. Nothing is underground. Any way I guess for most people it is awareness of the problem and to reduce your exposure as much as possible.

Can Mary answer my question about having a large green garden around the house and plants in side the house as well for reducing the effects of EMFs?

Thanks again Kevin for bringing in some interesting expert guest speakers on Health and Wellness.

Connecting with Nature is our last and only true way out of our synthetic life styles that industry is only supplying to the consumers demand.

Barry Gourmet & Raw

45. Anne says:

Does this mean I can’t listen to the radio anymore?

It is not possible to avoid electromagnetic energy, otherwise known as radio frequency (RF). Anything that generates heat produces electromagnetic energy. The amount of “energy” we are exposed to is minuscule. If it wasn’t we would all be burned to a crisp.

Please save yourselves some money and do some scientific research. Start here:

46. Bvreddy says:

Hi all , Iam bvreddy iam getting pain in my
    Head while talking in mobile, is there any solution,
    Please help me.

47. Dear Kevin, thank you sincerely for writing this very article and the Mary Cordaro interview. EMF have freaked me out for quite a while. Please bring out more articles. All the best.Alan

48. Kevin would you like to submit some articles to our website. I think you would be a great asset. Please email me. Alan