Could There Be Uranium in Your Water (Even Spring Water!?!?) : Renegade Health Exclusive Interview

Saturday Nov 12 | BY |

spring water contamination
Even water like this – as beautiful as it looks – is likely contaminated. (Zion National Park, Utah)

Of all the questions we get on a regular basis, the most frequent types are about water.

What water should I drink?

Is spring water the best?

Is R.O. water OK?

What about distilled?

One of my go-to guys on water besides Daniel Vitalis, David Wolfe and others – is Jim McMahon. I’ve known him for a while now and we, from time to time – like to geek out on water and water systems and environmental issues.

Jim’s very easy to understand, uses a very simple and cost saving method to determine what water is best for you and brings about 30 years of water system and purification experience to the table.

He’s not a theorist, he’s a real ecologist who knows a lot about water.

Today, I have part 1 of a two part interview for you here where Jim explains what the best water to drink as well as if it’s possible that all spring water may not be good for you. (Hint, some may contain radioactive uranium.)

Take a listen here…

jim mcmahon spring water

Click the play button to start the call:

Download

1. Your spring water needs to be tested.

After listening to this interview, one of the biggest takeaways that I got was to either test the spring water that you gather independently or only gather spring waters from state run sources.

Jim tells a story about his own spring water – his municipality in Utah is sourced directly from a spring – and how his body’s levels of uranium were elevate after drinking this water for 11 years.

For those of you who don’t know, uranium is a known radioactive toxin that can cause just about any type of damage in the body that it wants – no need in listing them all here. It’s nasty stuff.

The levels of uranium in the spring water is low at 3 parts per billion (acceptable levels as per local and state government), bu

1. robert piller says:

hi,

there are of course minerals and minerals.

i’d be very worried about lead, arsnic, mercury, aluminum, uranium and cadmium; but so long as they’re safe limits, a lot less so about iron, copper, chromium, zinc and magnesium.

good luck with the campaigning.

2. Alicia says:

Kevin, I’d like to know how can we test our bottle water? Very few people have access to spring water. Mostly everyone buys bottled water and I know there’s a simple way to test it. Can you find out?

3. Jim McMahon says:

Alicia –

Just like testing well water or spring water you can test your bottled water. I offer a comprehensive test (83 items) from National Testing Labs.

But…just like city water most bottled water companies will have a water report published online. So if you drink the same bottled water routinely you can view that report. When I can’t find the report online I call the company and ask them to mail it to me.

I discuss bottled water and the criteria I use to select a bottled water when I travel in the article Which Bottled Water Is The Best at:

Jim

4. bob says:

What do you thinks is best for ridding carbon
    filters (brita) from fungus, bacteria.

5. Janet says:

I’m looking for a whole house filter for well water. Could you recommend a system?
    Janet

6. mark says:

I followed the link you gave to Alicia in your response to her comments and was shocked to find out that you charge for your opinion! $.99 for a bottled water recommendation? Are you for real? The information at higher levels of education than you, are for free. That’s right FREE! I think you are a concerned citizen regarding not water , but rather taking money from less educated people for your opinion!

7. Josea C. says:

So…uranium okay…but how about the radioactive iodine that is in all the water on the west coast of N.A. right now from the disaster in Japan? Is there any way to filter that out? I’m taking zeolite, seaweeds, etc etc but is there a filter that could filter it?

8. Barbara says:

The only proven way to remove radioactivity from water is with distillation. It is just pure H2O. Distilled water is the only water you can safely drink and know that it is free of contaminants of any kind.

9. Apple says:

However, the picture is beautiful

10. azucena says:

Very educational.Thank you for the work.
    It sure pays to lesson to people that do the reseach and open our minds.

Thank you !!

11. Thomas says:

EWG – Environmental Working Group has it for bottled waters online at:

And for those concerned, it is free . . . 🙂

12. Claudia Chávez-Serey says:

Don’t drink destilled water. I was doing that for so long until just a week ago.
    I’m being living the best nightmare ever, I got a point where I have bone pain and they were burning so painfully. My body start swolling all over. Nobody gives an answer until I visit a Chriropractic and told me I was totally deshidrated (drinking between 2 and half and 3 liters daily?) and I was loosing minerals for been drinking destillated water!!. I thounght that just adding trace minarls like Adya (another nightmare after the last news)I was okay.
    The very first minute I stop drinking destilled water my life change.Burning bones gone, swollen body gone.

Now,I scared because looks is a lot damage already done and arthritis and osteoporosis is smiling me. 🙁

13. Interesting about our most precious resource water.
    Its said that even water in the not so far near future will even be a more valuable commodity than oil for some countries that do not have much of it.

I saw a David Wolfe Video and he drinks Spring Water .
    David also consumes Salt and Charlotte Gerson is totally against any salt consumption so we have 2 health experts that contradict each other.

In nature rain water is distilled when it falls to earth but accumulates pollution in our atmosphere.

What is the water in plants? it is distilled naturally by the plant.
    Inorganic water high in minerals is broken down and absorbed systemically by the plants root systems then converted into organic water that is safe to drink. All high water content organic plant life like water melons fruits and vegetables is a good water source for safe hydration of the human body.

My Water source is RO reverse osmosis and treated with ozone and bottled in recycled GLASS. Even the purest water is contaminated when stored in plastic that leaches the petro-chemicals into the water even in the best conditions.The problem today is almost every water company in the world is using toxic plastic that messes up our environment. Its cheap and more profitable for them and their product is no better than tap water in some cases and it destroys the environment of our Planet Earth. The biggest land fill is not on land but out at sea between the continental US and the Hawaiian Islands the size of the state of Texas. If you want to do something about it then just Boy Cot all plastic water venders and support the few good remaining water companies that bootle their water in recycled glass. Its good for your health and for the environment as well.

A lot of spring water in America today has contamination run off from the live stock industry and chemical farming practices.

Many foods will chelate heavy metals from the body like sea weed containing rich sources of iodine and green tea.
    Using our largest organ our skin to sweat through exercise and using infrared or regular saunas will also help to remove contaminants from water in our body.

Hope this helps ?

Barry Gourmet & Raw

14. And maybe you even heard about their big milestone a couple of months ago: providing their 3 billionth liter of clean drinking water to the developing world with PUR water packets in partnership with World