Get a Sharper Memory, Plus How to Read More… Faster : Exclusive Renegade Health Interview

Wednesday Nov 9 | BY |

jim kwik memory tips
If you have 25 minutes, turn off Snooki, and listen to this great interview. (I have to admit, I have killed three books. I couldn’t resist.)

It’s no secret that the more you know, the more you read and the more you can remember is very closely related to your own personal health…

I’ve made it a point to read at least 250 pages of health information a week for years. I think this has allowed me to be able to decipher the good from the bad and keep an open mind about what is possible for my own health (and yours too!)

One of the reasons I’ve been able to do this, is because I looked to a mentor to help me read faster and process more information to weed out what I need and shed what I don’t.

Today, I have my coach and friend Jim Kwik on the line to present to you some simple ways to improve your mental quickness as well as read a little faster so you can get to all the health books (and others) you want to read!

Take a listen to Part 1 here:

jim kwik

Click the play button to start the call:

Download

Normally, I have commentary to finish up interviews like these, but we’re still closing up all the work we have to do with the Healing Cancer World Summit (Also, Annmarie’s family is in town as well!)

So I’m going to let Jim do all the explaining… he’s the memory expert anyway!

BTW: If you want to come meet Annmarie, Jim, and I in a few weeks, be sure to check out this special event…

(Anyone who comes from Renegade Health will have an opportunity to have lunch with Ann and I on either the Friday or Saturday of the event!)

1. You always have the best information! I too do a lot of reading every day. It’s funny that I hardly read any books anymore though. I spend hours and hours a day visiting incredible information sites like yours to keep on top of natural wellness!

Thanks,
    Shelley

2. star says:

No transcript? Sighs dont help me then .

3. Lori says:

A transcript to read would be great. It certainly would reinforce today’s topic of discussion! I choose reading over listening any day, and now I just learned that I’m making the right choice for ‘brain fitness.’

4. joann hicks says:

Sounds truly great!

5. mark ludeman says:

I much prefer transcript

6. Bugs says:

Thank you so much for this good information! We all are probably suffering from Information Overload and don’t know it. I have stopped paying much attention to the news, I would rather read books and great websites like yours. I frequently have brain freeze and no longer can multi-task very well – too much going on in the brain!! So thank you for the suggestions and resources to help with that, being able to read better, and keeping the brain growing.

P.S. I enjoy listening as well as reading. Reading the information does not allow us to hear the enthusiasm and tone of your voices.

7. I agree with Lori. I retain better reading than hearing. Being an artist I have good right brain exercise. Laughter and fun are like candy for the brain, do not forget to apply them regularly.

8. nilsholgerson says:

It remembers me to Sleep and Rest enough.

just be simple be playful. thank you*

9. zyxomma says:

Kevin, I hate to criticize, but I beg you: please learn the difference between the words “I” and “me.” Would you ever say, “please come to see I”? Or “if you want to meet I … ?” When you would use the collective “us,” the equivalent is “Annmarie and me.” When, OTOH, you’d use “we,” then “Annmarie and I will be at … ” is correct.

Language is how we express our thoughts. Using language correctly shows respect for the audience.

It’s a small criticism, but it’s been bugging me (not I!) for years.

10. Oleander says:

Very interesting. I agree re brain stimulation, I have graduated with two diplomas, 3 Masters, Post Grad certificate, Many short courses, since 2000.

I will try using opposite hands etc now!

However, I do believe that after a very intense learning experience, the brain also needs a ‘rest’ – time to recuperate and just to ‘be’.

11. Jeff says:

Hey Kevin and Annmarie,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Very interesting and I love what Jim is doing with his programs. Thank you for doing what you do!

Jeff

12. Holly says:

This was some great advise. I usually got about four hours of sleep a night until the Cancer Summit and I’ve decided to try and not be exhausted. I usually spend 16-20 hours a day on the computer gathering information, a lot of IFS!!!! A lot of eye fatigue as well. Can’t wait to read with the left hand leading to see how much my speed increases. Does this mean I may have to only spend 8-10 hours a day on the computer? LOL

13. nick says:

i like and prefer audio broadcastes especially if I can download them to my ipod for those that want a transcript they can use google voice recognition !

14. viola says:

to zyxomma (post #9) – thank you! I was overusing ‘me’ in a contrary to Kevin, I know now the rule 🙂 English is my second language.

15. LES HOWARD says:

I am going to return the favor and give Jim a tip. Count the number of times you used the words “you know” during this interview. I think you will be surprised how often you used these words to fill a pause in thought. Many people have this same habit. Accomplished public speakers should be aware of and avoid this poor habit.
    On the other hand (pun intended) I liked the suggestion of using opposite hands. I will also try using my finger to read. Thank you.

16. BeiYin says:

Do we really need to process all those information? Better, faster… For what? To be able to blow up ourselves more and more? Because we are identified with our mind, getting the feeling of existence out of it!?
    I haven’t read any book for about thirty years. For me there is one book and that is the only one necessary, that is the *book of life*. This book I can read every day and in every given moment. But to read this, I not only use my brain. I need to use my whole beeing with every thing *I am*. I’m getting joy and sense out of it, as I am experiencing my existence. Direct and not depending from concepts and given images from books or information! So for sure the speed I read my favorite book is not an option…
    BeiYin

17. […] Yesterday, memory coach and expert Jim Kwik shared some tips that will keep you sharp late into your “winter” years (I prefer to call them all “spring!”) You can check this first part of our interview by clicking here. […]

18. mark says:

several comments:

1) I don’t think it was suicide… the books were pushed!

2) I always thought the I/me us/we correct usage only bothered me, so I’ve kept the thoughts to myself. (thanks zyxomma)

3) BeiYin, those who will not read are no better off than those who cannot read. Not to take away from the experience of life, but there is such a wealth of wisdom and knowledge available in books which can be enjoyed along with experiencing life in other ways.

3) Love the audio interviews, Kevin. Truly inspiring, and I agree with nick that they’re so handy when they can be downloaded to make them portable!

Keep up your AWESOME work!!

19. James says:

I like the picture.

20. Allan says:

Hi Kevin,
    Thanks so much for identifying the “underlining” cause of my slow reading. I’ve decided to underline the words as I read using my left (non-dominant) hand!

21. Satori says:

I can’t believe you used this image!!!! Don’t do this to me. Really can’t get enough of Jersey Shore LOL. Gosh, you guys are Guido/Guidette….!!!! I imagined so many wrong things now….

22. Satori says:

Sorry it was way off topic, but….I just couldn’t resist it!!!!!

23. margot says:

love your work -thank you, from me (not I)!
    that grammatical mistake always bugs me toopeople are so afraid to use the word “me”–not to worry, use it after a verb…come see me/and after a preposition : with annemarie and me. good luck with that

24. David says:

All thru my school yrs.had terrible time learning, only reason the teachers passed me to next grade, was 21/2 rs. behind. my mom encouraged us to get an education, all my bros and sis did very well, except me. Finally, at age 17 decided to attend college, for the 1st. time in my life, earned almost all A’s, a few B’s on math stuff.
    After listening to Kevin and Mr. Kwik,learned the reason of my good grades, the use of my left hand. Cause of an enurysm I suffered back in 03′ had to relearn all basic needs from the mind and physical body, have gained near normal phy. use, but not as much mental.
    goin to train my left hand to move normal, to rewire cells to be better in many things, especially reading, thank you for reforcing this info.