Why Reishi Works, But Not Alone (Plus, Where We’re At and Why I’m Excited) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #907

Tuesday Oct 18, 2011 | BY |

Another day, another inspired show.

Today, I talk a little about how I’m feeling about the Renegade Health Show and I think you’ll be happy with where I am about it. (It’s all good news, right?)

I also talk about a cool little shop I went by yesterday and what I bought. One of the products is powder reishi extract. I’ll share with you what I think about reishi and why I like it – but not alone.

Take a look now…

Your question of the day: Name a cool store that you’ve encountered in your town or on your travels!

1. Ela Harrison says:

Good to see you back and great accomm. tip for New York. But please–talk a bit more slowly! It’s hard to understand you when you talk that fast!

2. Alicia says:

Another great store similar to high vibe is live-live organics at 261 East 10th Street and, of course, Organic Avenue. I met Ann Marie this morning at Organic Avenue at 54th and Lexington Ave. So thrilled that they are carrying her skin care line. Was a bit disappointed that I did not get to meet Kevin. Hope you two have a great time while you are here promoting the skin care line.

3. Dan Hegerich says:

The Meat Market in Great Barrington Massachusetts. It is a real butcher shop providing only grass fed local meats and poultry. I know you both are not consumers of animal products, however, since I do consume some meats this is a cool store with high ideals.

4. Eileen says:

I am a NYC resident and I absolutely love High Vibe. Neely (who’s name I will never forget because of Valley of the Dolls :) is an awesome sales associate and raw foodist. The store is packed with nutrition and natural beauty products. Another great one is 7 blocks away at Live Live- which is E10th street between 1st and Aveneu A. They have a lot of the same stuff as High VIbe and they are right nextdoor to the raw food restaurant Quintessence, which has a $10-12 raw lunch daily before 3pm. Live Live is also across from the Russian Turkish Bathhouse.
    Organic Avenue is great with their retro-bottle recycling juice system, but can be pricey for those on a budget. Liquiteria I believe, uses a Norwalk juice press like Organic Avenue, but their juices can be a few dollars cheaper. They’re on 2nd Avenue by 9th Street I believe. Now, if only some of these bohemian, earthy natural shops would move over to brooklyn…

5. bella says:

hey kevin – thanks for the share – great to see you taking it easy and listening to your inner guidance on when and what to share with renegade. question for you: your post gave the idea that reishi should not be taken alone but you didn’t say anything about this in the video. or did i miss read this – in that you were sharing about reishi not alone, ie sharing about it AND some other things you found… i am unclear. anyway enjoy NY!

6. crow says:

Glad to have you back doing video’s.

7. Svetla says:

Kevin, I think having one show per week is more than enough. Plus quality beats quantity every time. So don’t sweat it if you can’t do a show every day. None expects you to do that. I don’t know how you managed to do it for 9 months. It is heroic!

8. Velda says:

Kevin, it is so nice to have the videos back – at least part of the time. So glad you are moved to do them again – even if it is not every day. That’s ok, but nice to have them once in awhile!!

As far as natural sunscreen goes, have you tried Dr. Mercola’s? He has a natural sunscreen with astaxanthin in it as well as coconut oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil. It also has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide – not sure if that is considered “natural” or not.

Big, big congrats to Annmarie for getting her skin care in the New York store. I know she must be excited. Way to go girl!!

9. shelley says:

if you are every in Canada, the Light Cellar in Calgary, Alberta is an incredible resource for health… lightcellar.ca. Thnks to both you, Kevin and Annemaire for your great work. I look forward to trying your products! Come visit Canada!

10. Laura says:

I’m glad to see you doing videos again but truly don’t care about apartments in New York. I almost turned the video off before you got to talking about Reishi, which I was wanting to hear about. You seemed a little hyper. Is that what hanging out in New York does to people? More about health and less about New York please.

11. I wouldn’t use sun screen. I’ve heard that if you get sunburn that just means that you are low on anti-oxidants. You can get something called astaxanthin from a health store that acts as an internal sunscreen as it’s a really potent anti-oxidant and protects you from the sun.

12. Helena says:

I agree with bella – I was waiting for your comments on why reishi works better in combination with… what? Please elaborate!

13. Cindy says:

I love the videos. Please keep them coming. There’s a great place called Mother’s Market & Kitchen in southern California. There are 7 locations now, including one in Costa Mesa & one in Huntington Beach (the one I go to). Go to mothersmarket.com for their locations & other information.

14. Mary says:

Hey Kevin and Ann Marie — Always love to see and hear you on the videos, but you certainly don’t need to keep up the hectic pace of supplying them on a daily basis. I loved seeing the NY apt. My kids went that route while traveling in Italy this fall. Wish I could have come into the city to meet you in person, but I’ll be sure to check out the store when I come the next time . . . and buy some products too! We have a great home store here in Westfield, NJ, called The Farmhouse. Wonderful, natural things for the home.

15. Barbara W. says:

A few videos per week is fine and many of us don’t care if it ground-breaking health information every time. I have been following for years and also like to keep up with what you and Ann Marie are up to whether that is showing us where you are staying or talking about health. You can get straight health info many places, what makes this blog special is Kevin and Anne. Thanks for what you do and I love and use Anne’s products :-)

16. Yakitah Jones says:

Kev, I won’t get into what’s here in my town now
    other than it’s known as Gator Country and Boast
    The Meca Of the South’s Universities. University of Florida. We have lots of Vegetarian population here and Vegan and Going
    Raw is growing by Leaps and Bounds. The Students have been partly responsible for more people here taking an interest in changing their Diets.

Would you please consider coming to Gainesville Fl. soon in the near future. I’m a Therapist here and would love for you to contact me when and if you decide to come. I would love to co-host you all and your input could back up what I tend to teach and preach at my seminars on Health and Healing. You have my email already and since I’m a devout member of your site, would love to hear from you. Thanks,

Namaste’
    Yakitah

17. mary says:

How often are you doing your shows. Evidently I do not always get you shows as you sometimes mention that there was a show that I hadn’t gotten, including about that contest, I had no idea what it was or consisted of. grammarpinks1@gmail.com

18. My favorite Cool store in Los Angeles is “Follow Your Heart” market and restaurant. This may be the only totally Vegetarian Market in Los Angeles. The restaurant is also vegetarian, thou not Vegan, and is super fun – The whole place has this great Hippee vibe. They have a great selection of fake meat, and even thou I’m 90 percent raw vegan, its nice to know I can get a vegan burger if the mood strikes. They have a vegan Reuban Sandwich with Saurercraut that is amazing. There is a nice selection of organic sesame and chia seeds, brazil nuts and pretty much everything I can’t get at a farmers market. Last time I was there I tried sprouted organic pumpkin seeds and ohhh I need some more those seeds are so good! Also, its nice to support a store which is vegetarian, After watching “Earthlings” on Youtube for the 3rd time and seeing the gruesome details of pigs and cows slaughtered, I’m really leaning towards supporting markets like “Follow Your Heart” as much as possible.