Cool Ways to Cut a Pepper : The Renegade Health Show Episode #904

Thursday Oct 13 | BY |

After a short hiatus, The Renegade Health Show is back!

This week, I’ll have three more episodes for you to relax and enjoy.

The show’s a funny thing, because I’ve enjoyed the rest, but when we filmed these, I missed the show.

What I think I’m going to do is produce them as they come to me. So messages that need to be videos, will be videos and messages that need to be written, will be just that, written.

Today, our friend and chef Joni Sare shows some cool ways to cut a pepper. They’re totally cool, so be sure to watch and not discount it. The next episodes that follow are things to do with the pepper, cantaloupe chips and an awesome fresh salad.

Your question of the day: What is your favorite red pepper recipe?

1. Leam says:

Red pepper hummus – although rarely eat peppers anymore. Members of the Solanaceae family really exacerbate pain for us. Also, find them really hard to digest.
    Anyway, enjoyed seeing a video again!

2. Audrey says:

Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus or just raw.

3. Wendy says:

I like them fresh, sliced, and straight into my mouth.

4. Brenda says:

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
    1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
    1 dash hot pepper sauce
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Directions

In a large bowl, combine beans, bell peppers, frozen corn, and red onion.
    In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and black pepper. Season to taste with hot sauce and chili powder.
    Pour olive oil dressing over vegetables; mix well. Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.

5. Velda says:

Kevin, it is great to see you doing the videos again!! Brenda, that looks like a great recipe. I would leave out the corn, however, unless I could be assured of getting a non GMO corn. If we can get a labeling law passed here in California, we might just be able to be assured of that some day 🙂

Anyway, I love bell peppers – red, green, yellow – anyway they come. They are juicy, sweet, and crispy. Neat way to cut them. I’ll definitely give that a try.

Thanks, Kevin. Again, it is great to see the videos back. Thank you!!

6. Dia says:

Welcome back, so glad to have videos return. Great tips for cutting a bell pepper. Don’t think I have a favorite recipe.

7. Carolyn says:

Thanks for the cool way to cut a pepper. My favorite is to just dip in hummus and eat as a snack.

Glad to have the videos back!

8. Lori says:

That was revelatory what Joni did with the red pepper. Thanks for posting.

It helps make up for the book “Cultured” which I purchased. A nice little book but considerably overpriced, even with the bonuses, which was disappointing to me.

9. CB says:

Love red peppers with hummus or in salad. That was the coolest trick! I would have never thought of that! Thanks!

10. Gina says:

Love Red Peppers any way. Kevin, please keep doing videos. Really miss them. Thanks.

11. nick says:

red pepper Hummus, always use organic, non organic bell peppers are usually loaded with pesticides!

12. Karen says:

I really love red peppers. Frank Giglio has a wonderful raw tomato soup recipe that contains red peppers.

13. Gini says:

i love to just eat red peppers plain but can’t eat them (or any other nightshades) or I become crippled with joint and muscular pain. Why does this affect some people and not others? Is it an allergy, a food intolerance or what? I have no digestive or skin reactions, just joint and muscular pain and weakness.

14. Brenda says:

I made kale chips (I grew the kale) this week with a red pepper.
    red pepper
    olive oil
    lemon juice
    walnuts
    Celtic sea salt, tiny amount
    brewers yeast
    blend everything, pour over the bite size kale mix it up to coat the kale and then dehydrate. YUM! Way yummy 😀

15. Yamina says:

Great trick ! Goodbye seeds sticking everywhere ! I eat red pepper peeled, choped into strips, plain. I checked in your store about these supercompetitive prices for international customers, because I have not found any banana powder all around and I do need it and… and I fall down on my chair seeing the shipping prices ! Great to see your recipes videos again, I missed them ! Practical, all homemade and… tasty !

16. Nadia Harper says:

Nice to see videos again.

I love making raw vegan nacho cheez using red bell peppers (or yellow or orange ones).

I use this recipe to make cheez dip, cheez crackers, coating for kale chips, etc.

17. Rachael says:

Red pepper nut dip! you can use any raw nut- I like cashews. Then add some fresh garlic, juice of a lemon or lime, some olive oil, flax oil, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and one red pepper! Blend and dip your favorite fresh veggies and enjoy! Thx for sharing all of your great videos you guys rule!

18. Barbara W. says:

Thanks for bringing back the videos. This was helpful 🙂 Favorite recipes other than raw are red pepper hummus or roasted red pepper soup.

19. Satori says:

I’m very happy to see videos again! As much as I love your writings, I need to see videos to make sure you guys are doing ok LOL!

I like peppers lightly steamed or raw.

20. Elisheva says:

Thank you sooo much about taking international customers inti consideration! It was quite devastating to order something for $ 30 & see the shipping would be $ 100!
    Now we can also order, very exciting!Love yor videos & articles, but too much to keep up with – so this sounds very promising! Keep it up!

21. jackie says:

Vegan cheesy sauce on kale chips!