The Difference Between Whole Body and Single Organ Cleanses : The Renegade Health Show Episode #893

Tuesday Aug 23 | BY |

In Part 2 of my interview with Dr. Leonard Coldwell, he explains the difference between whole body and single organ cleanses.

In this segment, he also explains which one he feels is more healthy and which one actually may be dangerous.

Your question of the day: What type of cleansing do you prefer?

To find our more information about Dr. Leonard Coldwell, please visit his site here: http://www.drleonardcoldwell.com

1. Debra says:

This is interesting. I don’t have an immediate answer to the question. I’m doing the preliminary work leading up to a liver/gall bladder cleanse (Andreas Moritiz’s) and just learned from an interview between radio host Patrick Timpone and Michael King that there’s a gentler way to do the cleanse that avoids the nausea and potential aggravation of Candida.
    Looking at how a person isn’t fully themselves is very interesting as a way to help heal people of cancer, etc. My question is, are we dying of some disease or another because we’re not being fully ourselves? What about our soul’s agenda for going through certain life lessons?

2. pe says:

Is my body a passive bucket of nutrients and toxins, to be replaced by ‘pure’ water (spring? distilled? enlivened?) and salt from the Himalayas?
    In the effort to incorporate the myriad influences that bring about poor health, we can denigrate some marvelous healing mechanisms that correct us as our hair grows, all unaware.
    My preferred cleanse is planetary, and the Shock that starts it is yet to occur, though the so-called Arab Spring is a prelude. The toxin to be expunged is the great human vice and illusion, Waste, and its virulent form in everyday life, Distraction. These allow misrule, poverty, and most other collective ills we’ve long since learned how to cure.

3. Marc says:

Very interesting interview. Great job getting into more holistic view of health outside of food. The energy systems in the body are quite important as well. This may have been a good opportunity to bring up EFT and it’s variants as a possible method to help clear up energy blockages and emotional hurts. I’m just starting to use it myself, and it seems to be working well.

I also like that Dr. Coldwell doesn’t think in terms of absolutes – he mentions 70% strict adherence to core diet principles. Probably a decent number to have emotionally stored, so that if you’re better than that you’ll get an esteem boost. We worry ourselves to death literally, I know I have in the past.

My favorite cleanse – a simple green juice & lemon water fast.

4. Patrick says:

I was about to start a bowel cleanse tomorrow, I listened to the video and then abandoned it…
    I think everything he says is true, negative emotions, fear, anger, regret, guilt etc. they can all cause disease when they eclipse your good side.
    Aside from clearing negative emotions, cleaning out the whole body with a good diet is definitely the best way to start getting healthy, throwing yourself into powerful or organ specific detoxes can cause imbalances, and if there is too much toxicity present, dangerous, I dont doubt it for a second. I remember one time giving a friend of my Dad’s a fairly innocuous green smoothie, this guy smoked heavily, and had eaten a toxic diet for many years, and he said he felt so sick after drinking it that he had nightmares about it for days afterwards.. and that’s just one green smoothie!
    I also speak from my own experience having felt bad on detoxes in the past, and although im kinder to myself these days, on reflection I feel my health would be better served this weekend by chilling out, eating some good food, and drinking some juices.. a more thorough cleanse can come later.
    A serendipitous interview for me to catch, thanks Kevin 🙂

5. Jean says:

Excellent recordings with Dr. Coldwell so far (still need to listen to #2-3).
    I’ve followed the 70-30% rule for years and do my best to honor my body every day. What a great confirmation to hear Dr. C. state that!
    I start every morning with a good, cleansing fiber drink (Garden of Life Super Seed) plus a good pro-biotic. I certainly have an intuitive approach when I feel a bit “off”. I feel that by cleansing lightly every day, I don’t have to launch into a serious cleanse, since I’m never sick.
    Even tho I’m a Type O, I’ve abandoned most animal protein, except for tuna once a week and and a few eggs in between. I’ve never felt better.
    Thank you, Kevin, for the excellent material that you continually present to us!
    Blessings!

6. Just Sit there says:

Very insightful message….

The question might be – is there anybody on this website who is not sick or has not fought a serious disease in their body, who is not in a challenging relationship (family or lover) who is doing exactly what they love to do work wise, feeling a sense of community and participation with lots of abundance and money to enjoy their life, never worrying about the bills, who is not toxic from the environment, who is absolutely content with everything as it is.? I cannot name one person I know of. The bigger question is.. how do we all shift to that place where we can almost instantly heal when the struggle for survival and balance in our being in this world is bearable? I am watching numerous young people (20 year olds) die from cancer. One young man just died, 22 years old – brain tumor, and One girl early 20’s is having a “screw the cancer party this weekend” with her head shaved and her first few treatments of chemo. Could they have been saved with a cleanse or is it beyond healing from toxic emotional upset and constant negative thinking? I think the doc is right in that you lose hope for the future and you become fed up with living the way you are forced to live without a vision on how to possibly change? The stress to find balance is becoming more and more challenging – from what I feel and have experienced from even 10 years ago. The question is how can we get back into balance with our beings, relationships, career, exercise, fresh air / nature, and hope for a bright future where we want to continue to live on this planet in harmony with the planet , in harmony with our own beings and each other. If you have your relationships, family, work, finances, health, free time to enjoy life, exercise, good night of sound sleep, abundance of organic foods and all the herbs and supplements you need, pain free toxic free body and environment all in perfect balance I would love to know you. I would love to hang with someone who does as I know of no-one. Sad really but it could be and should be a cool world like that.. everyone would be happy and filled with joy – when all things are in balance, there is no depression or illness – that is my feeling. The ultimate challenge then would be how much fun could I have today? How can I contribute to the world or my community with this abundance of happiness and enormous physical energy? That would be amazing wouldn’t it?

I want to do an OXY-POWDER cleanse… I did that for 7 days a couple of times and then you infuse yourself with probiotics… that is the BEST internal cleanse out there. OXYGEN. Oxy-powder is the name of it. Gentle and extremely effective to get everything cleaned out. As the doc says – cancer or illness cannot live in an oxygen rich environment.

Peace.

7. Sara R says:

I agree and disagree slightly with Dr. Coldwell. I think to all organ cleanse without prepping your liver and colon first can be counterproductive. I myself since first going raw 5 years ago started with a series of colonics. Then at the push of Dr. David Jubb and his teaching- began a series of Liver/gallbladder flushes and periodic colonics. Both helped immensely on both a physical and emotional level- I began to gain clarity on situations past and present in my life. Last year I decided to undergo the Ejuva cleanse- which I find the most effective and beneficial of all the prepared types- because it tackles all components- physical, spiritual, and mental and all organs. Currently I’m doing a 30 day juice feast which with the aid of colonics/massage/etc has been very helpful.

8. Nick says:

I agree with Sara R, colonics are very beneficial. I started eating healthier a little over a year ago which eventually lead to me eating a vegetarian diet for the past year. I like the liver/gallbladder flush but before anyone tries that they should first focus on getting in a habit of eating healthier meals. Once you get that down and want to try a cleanse go get two colonics on consecutive days. I promise you they are worth it. After a few more throughout the course of the next couple months a person should be ready for a liver/gallbladder flush.