A Different Approach to Medicine with Dr. Leonard Coldwell : The Renegade Health Show Episode #892

Monday Aug 22 | BY |

Alright! This is the first part of a 4 part series on natural health with Dr. Leonard Coldwell…

In this first section, Dr. Coldwell lays down the groundwork for our entire discussion by explaining what “Instinct Based Medicine” is and how it may be able to help you heal.

Here’s where to watch…

Your question of the day: When have you used your instinct in your own health journey?

To find our more information about Dr. Leonard Coldwell, please visit his site here: http://www.drleonardcoldwell.com

1. Thomas says:

I use my instincts primarily when it comes to health matters and dietary choices.

He certainly has an interesting web site. And he will teach you to become a mega-salesman and get very rich, just like him. That should cure anything that ails you. 🙂

2. Robin says:

I’ve become increasingly convinced that instinct is the only way to go when it comes to medicine or diet, because there are so few convincing results in medicine. Thanks so much for this video, I already bought the book!

3. Satori says:

I often use instinct when it comes to health. I’m wondering though, my instinct is probably not so sharp after eating SAD for such long time. I feel my instinct is dulled over the time.

4. Amy says:

I definitely think there are answers and healing to be found when we can be truly present with whatever we are experiencing. However, there are other instinctual (as well as societal) forces at work which lead us to do what we can to avoid pain or other symptoms and to merely survive. It can feel very counterintuitive to allow that pain and suffering to be, even when doing so may be the very practice that brings healing and freedom. Often we have been in reactive, survival mode so long that we can no longer recognize that we have the capacity (and possibly the responsibility) to go through situations as opposed to around them.

5. Debbie says:

I have used my insticts many times in the past 10 years. What I have discoverd is that people need to be honest with themselves or it will not work. So many people deny the things they do and how it affects them both mentally and physically. It is not easy and people need to work at it. We take care of our cars and homes more than we take care of ourselves. We also need to stop listening to the brainwashing of the news media that tells us we should have this shot or take this pill or this doesn’t harm us or this is better. They are all about money in their pockets or money in the pockets of the ones that pay them. Listen to your gut, your-self. If you talk it out with your self you will find the answer. Maybe with a little coaching will help also.

6. Carolyn Landry says:

I agree with Debby and I am just learning to use my instincts and consider myself a work in progress leaning towards making me the best me I can be in all ways.

About 7 years ago, I developed a rash on the back of my head. I knew that it was a reaction to hair dye. My husband panicked about it and after a few days he insisted I go to our doctor. She wouldn’t listen to me and gave me two different prescriptions saying it could be this so use this if that doesn’t work its probably this so use this. I didn’t I waited it out and have never colored my hair again with the result that I have a very healthy head of beautiful shiny silver hair.

7. Wow, very fascinating. I really look forward to listening to the rest. I am a strong believer in instinct medicine. I have followed my inner guidance in healing myself many times. I have studied alternative health for many years now and always take care of myself when sick. I cannot remember the last time I was in a doctors office. This is very empowering information.

8. pe says:

Facades and ideologies do constrain behaviors and even health– witness the many disputes on this site, and the inability of some, who invested time and money in a way of thinking, to respond to counter-evidence.
    ‘Instinct’ is a funny word to use, since it fell out of favor among scientists (most) a long time ago, when no basis for some alleged instincts could be found. Could be a hunch, tendency, intuition, interpretation of many things read and heard, whatever, for humans.
    The e-meter, the Kalos Process, radionics, and many other schools of thought use variants of musculoskeletal response to judge truthfulness, health attitudes, states of awareness, and much more. I once tested an ‘expert’ who insisted, several times trying to convince police departments, that his method– arms out, ask yes-no questions and try to lower the person’s arms- was infallible. It failed on me, though he tried ever so hard to lower my arms at an answer he knew was false. He was quite frustrated.
    I’ve also known obese people who insisted that they ate by ‘instinct’.
    Finally, if instinct failures are the ultimate cause of ALL disease, how do we explain newborns or infants who get dread diseases and die? Previous lives? The mother’s bad karma? (It’s almost never the father who gets accused.) The social atmosphere? Did the baby sin in the womb? Sorry, I doubt all these ‘explanations’. But then, I don’t believe in anything.
    None of this says ignore or dismiss intuition; I use it all the time. Tread with care trumping reason and observation.

9. Cindy says:

My doctor prescribed a statin drug to lower my cholesterol without trying other lifestyle and diet changes. I informed the doctor that he could write the Rx but I am not taking it without trying diet and exercise. I have been a raw vegan for about a year and dropped 20# and my latest bloodwork came back beautiful! My Dr. Informed me that if all of his patients were like me he would be out of business. Now that is health care!

10. zyxomma says:

After 30 years of independent study of herbal medicine and other non-mainstream, non-allopathic means of healing, I used instinct to find my teacher. I “could not afford” the classes at the time, but I knew I had to attend. I borrowed the money from my business, and repaid it as I could.

He filled in so many of the blanks for me, and taught me some of the most important lessons I’ve ever learned. I studied with him for years, and am the better counselor/practitioner for it.

Health and peace.

11. I have had a heart virus, ( heart rate of 29 for some 20 years), the day I dropped my heart virus my heart rate jumped to 55 and has been there ever since. I also had a very sick liver with sores all over my face and legs, no hair growth on my arms and legs for over 10 years and I lost the ability to sweat. Now, after 4 years of my own nutritional therapy I am sore free, I can sweat again and the hair on my legs and arms is growing back. I feel blessed, but every day I make the choice to heal and not to get sick again. I have run every day for 34 years, (addiction I cannot seem to give up, with taking just a week off for each delivery, 3 boys in 4 years) Healthy living is an every day choice, you got to make it with each bite.

12. Samantha says:

My spirit guide often points out interesting things when I’m shopping at the health food store…probably because he gets tired of watching me wander around for so long! lol But seriously when it’s the right time in my life to deal with something he helps me choose a path to follow. When I met with an orthodontist to get braces she suggested I start by (I forget the name of the actual surgery) basically breaking open the suture in my upper jaw to make more room for my teeth, but after the surgery got rescheduled 3 times I took that as a sign that it wasn’t the time. 1 year and 10 months later, my braces are coming off (without removing any teeth!) Not a bad decision in retrospect. =D And with healing my asthma- the treatment protocol proposed by the respirologist basically left me with a sense that I would spend the rest of my life on and off the puffers/being able to breathe properly, which I thought was unacceptable, especially for something so simple (as compared to cancer etc)so I ended up fixing it with reiki and chiropractic.

13. crow says:

I was so sick I knew I was close to death. So I decided to do my own research to heal myself and weaned myself off all the medicines
    the doctors had given me. My health is extremely good now. I stopped eating processed and refined foods 1st, eliminated all soda and coffee and my journey is still continueing today. I just finished your 7 day challenge.

14. Just Sit there says:

I actually was so intuitively sure my appendix needed to come out, I had a pain that was not normal in my stomach, instead of sleeping on it, I just heard a small voice say “appendix”… “Take a shower, go to the hospital” so I googled it to find the symptoms for appendix – I pretty much had the symptoms confirmed online – I made the decision to take a shower BEFORE I went to the ER KNOWING I would not be leaving for a few days or able to shower for a few days. Glad I took a shower… I was right, they ordered the surgery and had my appendix removed just like I intuitively felt that was what it was. Strangely I was right with taking a shower as most people are out of the hospital in a day for appendix removal, I was there for almost a week before I was able to go home. The small voice was bang on with both the shower AND the appendix and hospital. It is subtle and gentle, nurturing, not a screaming aggressive loud voice, just a small voice you pay attention to. That is intuition.

15. Why is this part 4 when I clicked the link for part 1?