Annmarie Suggests Some Natural Child Birthing and Prenatal Books : The Renegade Health Show Episode #883

Tuesday Aug 9, 2011 | BY |

Nope, not even trying yet…

But…

It’s important to learn about some things before you jump into them. (Maybe jump isn’t the right word…)

Anyway, in today’s video Annmarie shares some of the books she is reading about natural child birth, preconception and prenatal child books.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What are you grateful for?

1. Jasmine says:

Hey, maybe also veer away from Amazon mogul and support Indiebound.org for books and booksellers. If you feel inspired. No pressure. :) Thanks you two! <3

2. I highly recommend Birth Without Violence by Frederic Leboyer. This book describes an ideal birth experience from the baby’s perspective. He points out common-sense (as well as some seriously mind-blowing) insights about a newborn’s first moments after birth. Check it out and let me know what you think!
    Love,
    Melissa

3. Noga Fisher says:

Spiritual Midwifery by Ina Mae Gaskin – a classic! It guided me through 4 natural childbirths…and led my daughter through the drugless, natural childbirth of twin girls last month!

4. Derrick Coleman says:

I am so grateful for my children. Children are the biggest blessing in life! I never knew I could love something so much until I became a dad! You two will make great parents. I hope to hear that “news” soon! :)

5. Heather says:

I’m grateful for my little 6.5 month old monkey boy! Ina May’s guide to child birth was the most amazing book I read during my pregnancy, it gave me confidence in my body and we went on to have a beautiful home birth. Her book about breastfeeding is great too, and kellymom.com has great research based breastfeeding resources. In case you are interested :)

As for the continuum concept and wearing your baby… thought it was a great idea until my little guy hit 20 lbs and my back gave out! So now we have naps in a crib – don’t be afraid to adjust your expectations and adapt! Preparation and research is good but I have to say nothing will prepare you for the real experience – it is so much MORE, in so many ways…

6. Velda says:

What a wonderful idea for a show – and a great question. I had 3 sons many years ago – they are now 36, 32, and 24. I had all 3 of them without drugs. The 2nd one was very difficult – came close to dying – so I’m glad I was in a hospital (I think). Anyway, if I had it to do over again, I would probably go for a midwife and not a doctor. However, I stayed in control of whatever the doctor may have suggested – therefore was able to do all 3 births with no meds. I am definitely thankful for that.

Really, what’s not to be thankful for? If I listed all that I am thankful for, you would get really tired of reading this. We live on this beautiful earth that was created for us and it sustains us and has such profound beauty. We are given grace when we need it to get through difficult situations. I am thankful that I survived a divorce after 30 years of marriage. I am thankful that I have 3 sons that I love more than anything – and 5 grandchildren that I love more than that :). I am especially thankful that God loves us enough that He sent His only son to provide a way of salvation for mankind.

I am also thankful for Kevin and Annmarie Gianni that care enough to put yourselves out there to bring people vital information. Hope you guys continue to keep up this good and important work.

Also thankful that you have such bright and informed audiences. Thank you, Jasmine, for the indiebound.org site …. I’ll check it out.

7. Velda says:

Oh yeah, forgot one thing … I carried 2 of my sons on my back (until they got too heavy) and one I actually had a front pack for. My kids slept in their own bed. However, if I had it to do over again, I would put them in bed with us.

8. Victoria Walters says:

I’m grateful to know I am not alone in my quest for natural health and holistic living. I am grateful to Kevin and Annmarie and many others who help facilitate the flow of information!

I highly recommend Susun Weed’s book – Herbal for the Childbearing Year!!! And thanks to Annmarie for the other suggestions.

9. Karen says:

I am grateful for both of you. Thanks!

10. amber says:

Another book you might be interested in is, Diaper Free: The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene by Ingrid Bauer.
    I’m grateful for the diversity of life experiences to be had.

11. Elly says:

Giving Birth is the Most Amazing Thing!! YES it is Very Hard Work – in my day we used breathing techniques, and focus focus focus. I had 4 very healthy babies All born at Home. It was both exhausting and AMAZING. Mostly Amazing!!! And Very Very BEAUTIFUL.
    Books recommended at that time (1980′s), and that I found very helpful – Special Delivery, and Childbirth without Fear.
    Now we have 4 Grandchildren, all born naturally, although not at home, and ALL wonderful!!!

‘The world is so full of a number of things,
    I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.
    Robert Louis Stevenson.

What a Beautiful World. What a Beautiful Life!!!

12. bo says:

I’m grateful for.. my family, me getting to know this whole new lifestyle and just that the sun is shining today!

13. Sue says:

Home births with midwives are such a blessing! I had all of my children that way! Even if the medical profession tells you that it is illegal to have a home birth, be a renegade and do it anyway! I’m so glad I did! I hope my children do the same if and when the occasion arises! I just found out that a nephew and his wife are planning on a home birth very soon, and I’m excited for them!

14. Sarah says:

Hey Annmarie! Read “Childbirth Without Fear.” That was my fave, and totally helped me have an AMAZING water birth 2 years ago. Everything went perfect, and I think the most CRUCIAL thing is to NOT be fearful at all. I went into it without fear, knowing that my body was capable. I was actually excited more than anything. IT WAS AMAZING! I can’t wait to do it again, although I will because this 2 year old is nuts! Lol. :)

15. Elainie says:

Grateful to have had all 6 of my children born at home- from my first babies- twins over 20 years ago- to my last one- born 3 weeks ago on my 45th birthday! All super healthy and I had amazing births. I’m grateful to really love birthing my babies naturally. I’ve read most of the classic books over my years of natural parenting, extended nursing, cloth diapers, baby-wearing and such but one of my favorite films on birth is Birth into Being- The Russian waterbirth experience.

16. Beth says:

Awesome quote by Brother David Steindel-Rast! Posted that up on Facebook. I know you both will be blessed one day with a child – if that’s what is supposed to happen. Keep bringing us these great topics! They are much appreciated.