Labeling GMOs in California : The Renegade Health Show Episode #882

Monday Aug 8, 2011 | BY |

This weekend, we hosted a meeting in the Bay Area on how to pass a ballot initiative to label GMOs…

In this video we explain what’s going on and how you can help.

Your question of the day: Have you been to LabelGMOs.org?

To find out more about this initiative, please go here… www.LabelGMOs.org

1. Pamme says:

K. Went to the website and signed up for newsletter. I see there is a request to gather signatures. Is it possible to have people sign for the initiative online?

2. Barbara W. says:

I have now :) Thanks for getting behind this very important issue.

3. Satori says:

Thanks Kevin for the info. I went to the website:) We Californians have to show some California love and pride!!!!!

4. Karen says:

So glad you into this GMO stuff. We have to stop it! I didn’t know about their website. I signed up for the newsletter.

5. Adrienne Baksa says:

I also visited LabelGMOs.org. I think we also need to contact and put pressure on the corporations who are opposed to labeling. And what about the FDA? Might they have a helpful role here?

6. Velda says:

Went to the website. I’ll sign up for the newsletter. The website looks good. I was at the meeting in Berkeley with Pamm. She is knowledgable and passionate. She is doing a great job and performing a wonderful service. We really have to get this issue in front of people. Thanks for getting us started Kevin and Annmarie.

7. Heather Her Oni says:

Been there, will sign up. What happens if cross contamination makes it virtually impossible one day to find non GMO foods!?! What’s in the seed vault in Antartica?!?

8. Nick says:

This has inspired me to find out what needs to be done to get a ballot vote in ny if anyone knows please email me. Malkentzos@gmail.com

9. Dust says:

Been there, Done that, but the thing is this is something that is so opposed by the FDA because GMO contamination is so wide spread that almost every food that comes in a box is partly GMO. That is why the people have to rise up and pass this is the states cause the FDA and congress will never pass labeling laws.

10. Melissa says:

I visited it and I donated! Thank you so much for referring me to the site. In terms of changing the world for the healthier, I truly believe that every little bit helps. ^_^

11. Ry says:

How interesting it is watching you morph, Kevin. Today you acknowledge that individuals need other individuals to achieve change on large scales. Reality seeps into your world step by step. Good. One suggestion, you could direct your readers to organicconsumers.org which alerted us to labelgmos.org some time back. It provides links to individual state activities already underway, and direction on initiating your own projects.

To be blunt, Kevin, you talk politics. People can receive direction on becoming an activist from groups not necessarily promoting your agenda. For example, campaignforliberty.com offered a one-day training session for yearning activists, only charging $20 to cover costs. What one learns applies to any effort. For those who prefer small scale, try this: Start sending or emailing GMO facts to your state representative — one snippet at a time — until response comes, even if only to get you to stop. I indulged in this and learned that my representative completely void of any awareness of GMO plight — but he knows now!