How to Make a Beauty Facial Serum at Home to Remove Wrinkles : The Renegade Health Show Episode #871

Saturday Jul 23, 2011 | BY |

We’re rolling with a how to videos today…

I managed to get Annmarie to show you a super-easy to make facial serum that will help build collagen and in turn help remove wrinkles (or at least make them less prominent!)

Take a look here…

Your question of the day: Have you ever put seaweed on your face?

Seaweed Facial Serum

1/2 cup Irish Moss
1 1/3 cups Water
1 tbsp Vitamin C powder

Put Irish moss in water and soak for 20 minutes. Blend the moss and soak water for 30-40 seconds. Add Vitamin C. Blend for another 20 seconds or until moss is fairly smooth.

Pour into a jar with a lid and let sit to congeal for 5 minutes. Or place in the refrigerator for 20-30 min. to chill for a great after sun treatment.

This makes a whole lot, but will last you 2 weeks in the refrigerator. You might want to lessen the amounts if you’re not planning on using it frequently.

To Apply: Take 1/2 tbsp of Serum and massage all over your face and neck. Keep on for 10-15 min. It will dry up so might want to keep a spray bottle near by and spray water or one of my toners on periodically. Wash off well.

This will leave you with a natural glow and super soft skin!

To buy Irish moss click here!
To buy natural, whole food vitamin C, click here!

1. Wendy says:

No, I haven’t. But you make it look like fun!

2. eyla says:

Amazing, thanks, don’t think I’ve put seaweed on my face, I will now though!!

3. Athena says:

Thank you Annmarie for sharing this awesome facial mask! I am going to try this ASAP! Love you, smooches <3

4. Judy says:

Absolutely! I’ve used seaweed for years on my face and in bath water. Love it!

5. Lynn says:

You guys are so adorable together. Thank you for this,Annmarie. I can use it. Will have to stock up on the Irish Moss. I am so behind the curve. :) A quick story; My adult son and his wife were going to go to Palm Springs for their anniv. One thing he wanted to do was get facials. He remembered us doing it when he was a kid. (3 girls, 1 boy) Couldn’t leave him out, but it impressed him to take care of his skin. I will forward your info to him. (Never know how far your teaching goes.) It is their daughter that has type I diabetes. I would hope she would latch on to some of these ideals. xxoo Lynn

6. Jan says:

No, I haven’t used Irish Moss for my skin. I’ve tried it in raw food dishes and never could get past the smell :( Even soaking it in water and lemon juice for 24 hours or more.
    I use a serum made with Camu for the vitamin C and aloe vera gel for the face. This I leave on all day and all night *)*
    Since I do have some Irish Moss left over, I might try using it on my face since it would only have to be on for a short time. It would be interesting to compare results.

7. Jan says:

Make that aloe vera gel for the “base”, not face……

8. joyce livingston says:

How long does the mixture stay fresh? Is it to be stored in the fridge?
    Can you mix it with any Vit. C ?
    Thank you very much!
    Joyce

9. Mona says:

Anne Marie and Kev,
    Did you say this was good after being out in the sun.
    We have a sun-filled vacation coming up and would love to know what would help relieve the skin (my kids and mine) after being outdoors. Usually use Aloe, but don’t have a good source right now.
    suggestions?

10. jackie says:

Have never used it to my knowledge, unless it was incorporated in a product. I don’t usually take the time to do facials, but I probably should. Thanks for the recipe-I already bought the Irish Moss so only need some of the Vit. C.

11. June says:

yes, I use seaweed when I shower using the seaweed as sponge with natural soap. my skin gets nice and soft, and I get the seaweed healthy benefits :)

12. Pam (in Los Angeles) says:

No, I have not put seaweed on my face. I have, however, had facials given by students at the nearby cosmetology school. Some of the facial masques they use contain seaweed, but I don’t know which one/s. Your recipe looks a good way for me to use some of my Irish moss & vitamin C powder. I use the Vit. C powder in water to keep fruit fresh while making a fruit salad or a large smoothie, if for some reason I don’t want the flavor of lemon, orange, or grapefruit added.(Mainly, though, I just add one of those fruits or their juice to prevent apples, pears, peaches, nectarines,& apricots from browning.)

13. Jacquie says:

No I haven’t, but I’m so excited to try this! I’m going to use camu powder instead of the vitamin C…or maybe acai powder? It looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing. Just LOVE you two! <3

14. I’ve never put seaweed on my face,but I’ll try it now! :)

*Also, do you ship internationally? I am living in Shanghai at the moment.

15. susan says:

my friend soaks nori strips (for sushi rolls) in yogurt and then sticks this on her face like bandages. She keeps wanting me to try it and she reports it really makes her skin soft. i wonder if you can use many other seaweeds off the beach for this recipe.

16. Brenda says:

I have put kelp on my face and taken baths with kelp, not Irish Moss though. I hung out at the beach today and got seaweed on my feet. :D

17. Sue says:

I haven’t put seaweed on my body since I was a child when we waded through it in the ocean! I’d like to try this on parts of my body, other than my face, where I have wrinkles!

18. carmen says:

Thank for this recipe, i´m excited about trying it but can´t find vitaminc C powder where i live, can i use tablets instead and crush them or another substitude as lemon juice? thanks for your reply and continue your good work x

19. MARI says:

While learning to wind surf in Key West, I fell in a mass pile of seaweed,
    came up out of the water covered with it, My hair was extra soft after my shower that day HA!! I will definitely try this, Thank you so much for all you guys do! Love Ya! Any plans to come back to West Palm Beach this winter?

20. Toni Kaste says:

KEVIN PLEASE READ!!!!

Kevin please let Ann Marie be the center attraction sometimes….she should have gotten to pick the question of the day…
    I understand the question on what does vitamin c do for your skin…but look
    at the video and see how many times you butt in and say silly stuff. Please let her be professional and let your wife shine on her own!

21. Dee says:

Just this morning, I use a cleanser that has seaweed in it and I leave it on for awhile and then wash off.

22. Susan says:

Hi Ann Marie.. i was wondering, is the Healthforce Vitamin C, stabalized? i heard that stabalized vit c is better. True?

23. Rio Waller says:

I actually got to use this after she made it at the Raw Food Expo and it really did work!!! Thanks so much!!!

24. RJ says:

Tony Kaste…

I agree with the your following statement. It’s been like this for a very long time. It’s a shame to stunt a person’s personal growth. Especially the growth of a spouse. Almost belittling and I don’t see any humor in it. :(

Toni Kaste
    10:22 am on July 25th, 2011
    KEVIN PLEASE READ!!!!

I understand the question on what does vitamin c do for your skin…but look

25. Crystal says:

How long can you keep this mask?

26. Thanks AnnMarie for the great recipe and your wonderful gifts!
    I use seaweed on my skin often, as I harvest and sell it.
    I use turkish towel like a loofa sponge to scrub my body with in the shower, only better because it does not hold mold and mildew. It feels like a cat tongue and is a very beautiful red color.
    I add a strip of kombu in my bathwater to absorb the minerals through the skin, it is lovely! It is also good for leaching out toxins (like those used in chemotherapy, and heavy metals)just by bathing with it.
    I also grind up fucus (Bladderwrack) in a coffee grinder and then put it in olive oil for a week. I then strain the fucus out and use the olive oil as a facial mask. It is very invigorating as well as makes my face feel very soft. It stays good for as long as I have had it (over 1 year). You can purchase these seaweeds at http://www.seaweedmermaid.com or ask me any questions you might have about seaweeds!

27. Nadia Harper says:

Great recipe! Thanks guys!
    I use seaweed on my face a lot, extremely nourishing for our skin.
    I make a mask out of kelp powder and bentonite clay powder.

28. Michelle says:

Your irish moss is red and looks like it has thin leaves, mine is a yellow brown and looks like thicker stalks. Is any irish moss okay to use? Mine says it is raw, wildcrafted and it has lots of salt and netting debris in it. I assume that I should pick out the netting debris but how about the salt? Should I rinse it off first?

29. Ani Lu says:

Excellent stuff! I use pawpaw seeds by just scooping out the seeds and juices n flesh that come with it and sub it on my face. Very invigorating exfoliating and encourages blood flow. That’s a simple way and hv had people comment. your serum sounds easy and fun too. Will give it a go!Love you two and wot u do! Ani Lu.