What Are The Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue : The Renegade Health Show Episode #862

Monday Jul 11, 2011 | BY |

Adrenal issues are a big problem these days because of our stress levels (and excessive caffeine/stimulant use)…

Today, I’m going to answer a question from Charlie that addresses how you know if you actually have a challenge with your adrenal glands.

“How do you know if you have adrenal difficulties (fatigue or burnout)?”

Take a look at the answer here…

Your question of the day: Have you ever had your hands get cold after eating a stimulant like chocolate, coffee or tea?

1. rosemary says:

I do get cold hands and feet, insomnia, low enery. But other things I’ve noticed that I haven’t read/seen addressed as adrenal fatigue symptom are excessive thirst, sparse eyelashes, underarm black blue spots (that look like bruises but aren’t.) OH and impetigo on my face – skin infection that i DID see mentioned in Broda Barnes book. Do you know if the above are also adrenal fatigue symptoms and if so, are they covered in the RH Complete Adrenal Health Program? Thanks, Kev!

2. I don’t usually get cold hands nor feet, but I did before I learned Reiki (and now I’m a Reiki master!).

But I wanted to share something that is related to adrenal fatigue: Can Ashwagandha also cause adrenal fatigue?

I’m asking before I bought Kevin’s Thyroid program and there and it’s highly recomended to balance Thyroid (I’m giving it a try right now, and I’m very pleased with the results, even if I haven’t had new blood tests to compare yet)

But the thing is that I started reading a book called “Homo Energeticus”, by Dr. Peter Aelbrecht, and he dedicates a whole section of the book to adaptogens including Guarana, Ginseng, Aswhagandha, Bacopa Monnieri and Sinefrine, and he says that they should only be taken in short periods for no longer than a month, because used longterm they can “completely exhaust the cortisol systems” (sic).

What do you think about that? Any other recomended reading on Ashwaghanda?

3. Thomas says:

Not at all. Coffee and tea increase circulation by dilating blood vessels. They also relieve my sinuses from congestion caused by allergies to pollen. They are warming to my hands.

I wouldn’t consider guarana to be an adaptogen. It is a very strong stimulant, high in caffeine. It used to be very cheap by the ounce in natural food stores in the early 70′s, before it got hot with ‘diet’ miracle pills and ‘energy’ drinks. You could mix a couple of tablespoons into a quart of apple juice and drive very long distances on road trips. Much stronger than coffee and suppresses hunger quite efficiently.

I have taken ashwaghanda for over a year at a time without any ill effects. Just 450 mg. once a day. Great for clogged sinuses.

4. Dee says:

Not that I am aware of, need to check this out.

5. Jessica says:

I have pretty severe adrenal fatigue. low b’s, low minerals, and low amino acids. Supplementing with brewer’s yeast, paba, along with minerals has really helped bring back energy. My hands and feet are always cold tho!!!

6. Catherine says:

My hands change depending on the temperature of the drink (not the cup holding the drink). For some strange reason my body – especially hands gets hot for an hour or so when drinking hot stuff and cold when drinking icy cold drinks or sucking on ice. Its weird. Its gotten better with thyroid supplementation though.

7. Dan Hegerich says:

Kevin,

Check out Nutri-Spec testing for a different perspective.

Dan

8. James Fischer says:

These are alot of the foods and drinks that I try to stay away from, being diabeteic and all.
    Jim

9. JASON says:

Mine is a generic answer – It changes with the seasons (i.e. winter vs. summer)

10. Laura says:

No but I get the sensitivity to loud noises and I get really irritable.

Thanks for leaving the flub in. Johnny 5 causing the camera to hit the floor took me by surprise and gave me a good laugh. Cheers.

La

11. LynnCS says:

Kevin, where do you find these doctors who are willing to do the blood tests you want. I have adrenal and thyroid problems or should say had, because the symptoms are not there for now. I tried to ask my doctor about Hashimoto’s the other day because it sounded to me and to a former Nurse Practitioner I had that it may be that for the thyroid. It came on qickly several times in my life and went away quickly after some treatment. Well, you would have thought I asked to fly to the moon. He went into how I didn’t understand the testing and why would I bring up old history now? and I just decided I would deal with it on my own. I found a great site on the internet and am learning. The adrenal problems are emensly better and I feel the diet/life style is one of the answers. Yes, cold after eating and esp. caffein. No caf any more, and I let people know that I refuse to live on adrenaline. Meaning I have given up chaos. It doesn’t mean I can’t engage in a little discussion, but just that I attract a less destructive element of life to me. It has taken a lot of work to realize that it is up to me and I am happy to take it on. LynnCS

Changed my name so as not to be confused with the other Lynn. Love you both. Be happy and well. xxoo Lynn