Glacier Water and a Unique Practice of Preserving Potatoes High in the Andes : The Renegade Health Show Episode #853

Tuesday Jun 28 | BY |

We’re wrapping up some of the Peru travel videos with some really cool clips of our trip up to Ausangate – one of the highest peaks in the Peruvian Andes…

On this trip, we encountered fresh glacier water, freeze dried potatoes, hundreds of llama and a gringo with a really weird hat (that’s me!)

Our tour guide, Q’ero shaman, Sebastian will help explain some of the things we encountered along the way.

Your question of the day: How long have you been married? (If you are!) If not, how long have you been single? Or with your significant other?

1. Yamina says:

I am married since last year, july. We’ll go to the seaside to commemorate (deplore) this strange deal ! I wish you both many many years of happiness, discovering and serenity !
    Kevin, you write much well than you film ! So beautiful landscapes, the peruvians so friendly, hardly shown, just those potatoes on the ground ! Idem for the last video on potatoes (I love potatoes ans so many varieties a paradise for potatoes’lovers !) ! The village and the people not even shot ! A pity ! There must be video courses in your town ? But I think it is just a question of point of vue ! You were too focused on… potatoes ! And have forgotten those who kindly shared a part of their lives ! The hat is marvelous ! I want one, but without the pompons ! It would suit with all clothes, black, red, blue… Very smart and admirably well done. May the Potatoes’spirit be with you !

2. shine says:

15 years and i want a hat too!

3. Susan says:

been single for 10 years now.. can’t find the right man!! i guess being 48 doens’t help! LOL

4. Susan says:

Oh! and Happy Anniversary! My folks just made it to 50 last year. Much love!

5. Carolyn Landry says:

We were married on December 1, 1973 so I guess that makes it 37-1/2 years.

6. MARI says:

Happy Anniversary!! Been Married 24 yrs, met in Key West, I think 30 yrs ago. One of your favorite places. My husband taught me how to scuba dive there, kinda fell in love under H2O, such a beautiful place yea!
    Still love to visit there, our daughter feels such a connection there too.

7. Barbara W. says:

10 years. What a lovely way to spend your anniversary, the scenery is beautiful.

8. jackie says:

Happy anniversary! You are one cool looking gringo….
    Married 39 years so far….I was a child bride 🙂

9. Lola says:

My husband and I were married 50 years ago when we were “children.” We met when I was almost 15 and he was 17. People thought it would never last…we were too young, they said. But we sort of grew up together and learned how to give and take. More than age it’s a question of commitment. It’s not always easy, and sometimes you don’t think you love each other any more, but I’m so glad we stuck with it. It’s nice growing old together. Think about that! To celebrate we took a day cruise by boat (to watch whales which we never saw!!!) from Port Townsend up the Puget Sound to Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA. It was a total blast. Friday Harbor is a favorite place of ours. LOVE is STILL grand!!!

10. Lola says:

OH…forgot to say, “Happy Anniversary” to you Kevin and Annmarie! Hang in there forever! It’s worth it. I, like others, am enjoying your videos from Peru. What an experience to treasure.

11. Linda says:

44 years on July 3rd.

12. cid says:

44 years married. Very cool hat.
    Happy belated anniversary

13. Tammie says:

LOVE the hat! Is there a website to order those? I live in the mountains and that would be right up my winter alley!! 30 years in August.

14. Single too long! Living in a small mountain town and like Susan, over 40 doesn’t help. Tired of all the talk and games and hard to find a man that doesn’t play into them. if you know any, please send them my way!

Happy Anniversary! Absolutely love the way you chose to celebrate! Now THAT’S a cool relationship!

15. Happy anniversary! What an awesome place to celebrate. I am all about nature and that is where I prefer to be. I have been blissfully married 17 years. We are still crazy-in-love! My parents will celebrate 60 years this August. That calls for a party!

16. We just celebrated our 36th anniversary on June 7th by renewing our marriage vows. Congratulations on 4 years:)

17. Jacquie says:

4 months single (not my choice) after 22 years of marriage, so I’m finding joy in my new journey/path. Congratulations to the two of you. You bring such joy and knowledge to my life. Blessings and bliss! 🙂 P.S. That hat is absolutely gorgeous! What a treasure!

18. Jim and I are celebrating 15 years together on October 28th! Still can’t believe I haven’t killed him yet… ; p

Happy Anniversary, you two! xo

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

19. Velda says:

Congratulations to the 2 of you!! What a memorable way to spend your 4th anniversary.

I was married over 30 years and have now been single for 8 years …. not my choice. I am over 60 and it is harder to find a man that you are interested in (or that is interested in you) than it was when I was 20. Sometimes hard being single, but God is very good!! My Mom and Dad were married 61 1/2 years before Mom died. That’s what I was shooting for … didn’t make it. Wishing the 2 of you many, many great years together!!!