Natural Solutions for Oily Skin (Organic Skin Care Week) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #838

Tuesday Jun 7, 2011 | BY |

Next up for Organic Skin Care Week, we have what to do with oily skin…

Join in with us as Annmarie explains what to do if you’re plagued with oily skin.

Your question of the day: When was the last time you took time for yourself and what did you do?

Of course, if you want to try any of the products Annmarie is talking about, you can find them here: Buy Annmarie Gianni Skin Care

1. Brittany says:

What organic/natural, make-up/cosmetic lines do you recommend? I have oily/combination skin and I love doing make-up on myself and others but I really want to find a good natural line that works just as well as some of the high end companies, like Chanel, MAC, Make-up Forever and others….any suggestions? What about Origins?

Along with that, are there any make-up items that we should avoid because of the toxicity that they have?

Thanks so much! Lovin’ your posts & videos!

2. Basia says:

Yoga and mediation at home last week. Question: what would you recommend for a night time routine? Cleanse and tone, definitely, but exfoliate or moisturize again?

3. Dee says:

Vacation last weekend to Seattle area.

4. Sigrid says:

I give back to myself all day every day…it becomes a natural process the more you focus on health of the body and mind, it starts with eating breakfast and all the tiny steps in between then ends with climbing into a wonderful cosy bed…it’s not “selfish”, i give back to myself in order to give better to others.

5. I take time for myself every day! 🙂

In fact, I make it such a high-priority that I don’t have children, or pets, or even house-plants!! Perhaps a little balance is in order though. Too much of a good thing?

6. Jeanne says:

meditation and chamomile tea….

7. Jana says:

I practice abhyanga, which is an ancient ayurvedic practice of self massage. I cover myself from head to toe with coconut oil, or sesame oil, and then take a bubble bath with epsom salts. Now that I’m more aware of undesirable ingredients in liquid soaps, I’ve been hard pressed to find a brand that I like (hint hint to annmarie). A lot of the bubble baths that don’t have undesirable ingredients don’t have any bubbles either. I learned of this practice by reading books by Deepak Chopra. I’d love to visit a chopra healing center someday and get some panchakarma. In the meantime, practicing abhyanga at home is self care to the max. I highly recommend it.

8. Mona says:

You said that us with oily skin should not eat fatty foods. But what about healthy fatty foods like avocadoes, fish oils, nuts and seeds? Will that effect the skin? Everyone need healthy fats in a healthy diet, right?
    Great video, by the way!

9. Sophie says:

I thought cold water constricted pores, not dilated them?

10. Beth says:

Somehow I missed the first skin care video. Hmmmm….

I also thought that cool / cold water would close the pores. Did you mean to do a cool / cold rinse after washing? Or wash with cool water?

11. I think its very important to make time every day to do things you enjoy and thats good for you! Tomorrow I’m going to the dentist 🙂

12. Jasmine says:

you should really do some kind of recycling exchange. People send you the bottles back from your skin care line and you give them a 10-20% off their next purchase o some kind of deal like that. thx