Solutions for Dry Skin (Organic Skin Care Week) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #837

Monday Jun 6, 2011 | BY |

This week we have another themed week for you…

Last week was Fitness Week and we got a lot of great feedback from it, but this week, we’re going to focus on your skin.

During Organic Skin Care Week, we’re going to address dry skin, oily skin, acne, how to reduce wrinkles and more. It’s going to be awesome, and what’s even better is your host is a lot prettier than I am. (BTW: Guys, you can benefit from this as well… guy skin is just like girl skin!)

First up, Annmarie is going to talk about how to deal with dry skin.

Your question of the day: What type of skin do you have?

Of course, if you want to try any of the products Annmarie is talking about, you can find them here: Buy Annmarie Gianni Skin Care

1. Gi says:

Great video ;}
    Please make a video about feet. My feet has very hard skin and I want to know what to do about it

2. Nadia Harper says:

Great reminders about hydrating from the inside out. I agree with all your advice, especially the water intake and water rich food intake. I just wrote a page on my site all about this; http://www.making-healthy-choices.com/drinking-enough-water.html

3. Meg says:

acne prone and sensitive to the sun…im a redhead 🙂

4. Nita says:

Annmarie is the healthiest person I have ever seen! Her skin is glowing and is proof that she is an authority on skin care. Great video.

5. Nihacc says:

I have dry and sensitive skin, and (apart from drinking smoothies and juices and eating fresh fruits and vegetables) I use an organic apricot seed oil for my face; it’s adecuate for sensitive skin and I find it really good. Thanks for the show!

6. Swan says:

I actually have all of the above. I have patches of oily skin, patches of dry skin, and occasional breakouts depending on hormone levels. Now I am starting to see the beginnings of wrinkles. What do you recommend for skin such as that?

7. Carolyn Landry says:

I used to be very oily and had a lot of acne, now that I am post-menapausal I am dryer but not dry.

Carolyn

8. Tammie says:

I used to have combo skin, growing up in a more humid climate, but since I’ve been in the elevation of CO for the last 18 years, my skin has become dry. LOVE essential oils!!

9. Anna says:

I also used to have oily skin which was a plus since I still don’t have any wrinkles at age 51! However, I’m post-menopausal and noticed my skin (legs/arms/body)have gotten dryer. I drink tons of water, eat fruits and vegetables, take vitamins/minerals, sticking to more organic/natural foods, medicine, etc. I’ve tried so many things like aloe, coconut oil, etc and still have dry skin issues. So far Shea butter seems to help but was wondering if there is anything else I can do to help with the dry skin. I don’t take hormones – I try to avoid anything that has chemicals in it.

10. Tara Burner says:

great 🙂
    I used to have oily skin, now it’s normal or dry at times…can tell when I’m not drinking enough because my legs get scaly too ewwwwwwwwww

11. Stephanie says:

I really enjoy reading your info and seeing your videos. You both provide useful information and incorporate a variety of topics which are of interest to me and so many others as well. (and I love that you are playful.)
    Great job!
    Stephanie

12. Pam Dix says:

Thank you for the info! My skin is normal. I’m sure living in Florida helps!

13. Kristine says:

Thanks Anne Marie. I like to change up my skin products. I do not wash my skin in the morning, but, like you, use some water. In my case, I use a French thermal water spray made for sensitive skin. I do a light exfoliation with a brush, followed by more water, dry my skin and usually oil. At present it is borage oil, but I like to change it up. After I do other things in the morning, I then use organic eye cream and moisturizer or a non-chemical sun screen. The evening is as you said. Meanwhile, I always say the the simplist/purest is the best. PS. Vitamin C serum is very good for dry patches and collagen renewal.

14. hyesun says:

i have dry skin! (from health issues – hypothyroid) but it’s gotten much better since i installed a whole house water filter that filters out chlorine. i also have a chlorine filter on my shower. i barely have to use oil anymore (i used to use coconut or olive oil). well, i guess it being hot and humid now helps.

15. MARY says:

I have normal skin. Never use soap on skin, on face anyway. Water works well, with a slight rub. (over 65).

16. MARY says:

I hope that the person who filters out clorine also filters out floride also.

17. Velda says:

Well, I’m 63 and I have old skin LOL Actually my skin is not dry or oily. I have used good products on my face since I was a teenager and am glad for it now. I have used your skin care line, Annmarie, and it is really good. I love the oils and the smell is great. I actually regularly use coconut oil on my face morning and night. I used to have very dry elbows but since I stopped using soap all over my body, I don’t have anymore. I used a natural soap under my arms, in the “private” parts, and my feet. The rest of my body I just use water and gloves that are kind of like a scrunchie. Anyway, it works for me. Thanks for the great video.

18. Sue says:

Over all, I don’t know what kind of skin I have, but would guess mixed. My face leans toward oily. My ankle areas are extremely dry! Question—Are you suggesting that we should not shower off all the perspiration after daily exercise? Will you cover facts about blocked up areas of our skin care? Parts of my body perspire, parts do not.

19. Jessika says:

Any suggestions for a 5-year-old with eczema (who is prone – and allergic – to staph infections as a result of scratching)?

20. Anela says:

I am not sure what kind of skin I have, I think it is dry but I break out when I have my period… Could this be something to do with my hormones?