The Most Common Food Allergies, Do You Have Them? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #828

Tuesday May 24 | BY |

In this second part of my interview with Vesanto Melina, we explore the most common food allergies…

She also explains how to figure out what you’re allergic to as well.

Your question of the day: What are you allergic to?

To find out more about Vesanto Melina, please click here: http://www.nutrispeak.com/

1. Sem says:

walnuts, almonds & coconut… I’m 26 only noticed these when started eating wholefoods in larger quantities (separately)… 95% sure,.. I gave them second chance!

2. Heather says:

Dairy and Gluten, also corn free for now for my little breastfed babe who’s allergic to corn, dairy, and a whack of other things I don’t eat any way (coffee, shellfish, chocolate… etc etc…).

I was sick for a year+, passed from doctor to doctor, no one could figure out what was wrong. Cut out gluten and dairy and bam! Within a month I felt so good, I’ve never gone back.

3. Stephanie says:

wheat, gluten, dairy… that I know of. I’m sensitive to a lot of foods where they affect my energy and such.

4. Natalie says:

Wheat, Dairy, Oyster Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic. I just conducted a little test on myself with disastrous results. I went froma mostly Raw/Vegan diet, and returned to SAD. I’ve been horribly sick with nausea,and severe bloating. Back to juicing and mostly raw fruits and veggies. Limited sprouted nut and seeds for now until I get back on track. I’m using high doses of probiotics that are giving me relief for now. I expect to be back to feeling well in a about two weeks. Just wish My doctor would believe me about a raw Vegan lifestyle. She has tried to insinuate that it’s all in my head. Not!

5. Phyllis says:

wheat, dairy, gluten, strawberries, black berries, raspberries, pineapple, some other (high) acid fruits; many food intollerances, such as soy, nightshades, peanuts, chick peas.

6. Katherine says:

Shellfish and soap…intolerant to dairy and coffee.

7. Sarah says:

Can you list the 8 allergens she talked about? I only got 7 off the interview. Thanks! I didn’t hear her say corn but I have found that to be a really common one becasue of all the GMO corn people have had.

8. hyesun says:

wow, thanks! i was going to ask you about food allergies. i just took an IgG and IgE food allergy blood test and i’m apparently really allergic to whey, which is a drag, because right before i got the results back i ordered 5 lbs of grass fed cold processed whey protein powder. and then the test listed at least 20 foods that i’m sensitive/intolerant to, like broccoli, carrots, garlic, cauliflower, apples, grapes, coconuts, walnuts, and many more. surprisingly, wheat wasn’t one of them, probably because i avoid gluten. anyway, like she said, i don’t know how accurate these are. but i’ve heard great successes with the GAPS diet (gut and psychology syndrome by dr. natasha campbell mcbride) for healing allergies, because it heals the gut. i guess a cause of allergies is a leaky or unhealthy gut. i’m thinking about trying it. supposedly people who heal their guts are eventually able to get rid of their allergies and then eat pretty much anything. it does involve a lot of animal foods (meat, organs, fat, broth, stock) but i’m not a vegetarian so that wouldn’t bother me. no fruits or grains. this diet is a popular one for austistic kids. maybe you could interview dr. campbell mcbride, even though she’s not raw or vegan?

9. Dena says:

I had a IGG and a IGA food allergy test. I’m allergic to eggs (and I have 6 hens) :o( then milk, ie: cheese, yogurt, butter, cottage cheese ect… Then gluten, peanuts and string green beans. All of my favorite foods. I’m currently re-interoducing the lest of my allergenic foods 1st before I try the eggs and milk products. Looking for a great cook book. Any suggestions would be great. Good luck everyone :o)

10. Dena says:

I had a IGG and a IGA food allergy test. I’m allergic to eggs (and I have 6 hens) :o( then milk, ie: cheese, yogurt, butter, cottage cheese ect… Then gluten, peanuts and string green beans. All of my favorite foods. I’m currently re-introducing the lest of my allergenic foods 1st before I try the eggs and milk products. Looking for a great cook book. Any suggestions would be great. Good luck everyone :o)

11. SmithA says:

I’m allergic to gluten, corn, millet, teff, amaranth, and dairy. I think having a good cookbook is the key to success with food allergies. My favorite cookbook is the Whole Life Nutrition cookbook. Everything in it is so good.

12. Annette says:

@ Dena…currently my favorite cookbook is Veganomicon by Moskowitz and Romero. I leave out the soy, as I am sensitive to all of it except miso. Every recipe I have tried has full rich flavor.

13. Melissa says:

I used to be allergic to shrimp and fish, but after many years of not eating these foods, I eventually outgrew it.

I do suspect, though, that I may be intolerant to dairy, eggs, and wheat.

14. Margaret says:

I used to have a major gluten intolerance so I stopped eating it for a couple years and felt so much better. After eating a mostly raw vegan diet for the past year and a half, I can now eat small amounts of gluten without having any problems.

15. Ira Edwards says:

I’m allergic to nothing, and I attribute that to growing up on a primitive farm, and not having modern processed foods, and never on any diet.