How to Install a Shower Filter to Remove Chlorine : The Renegade Health Show Episode #820

Thursday May 12 | BY |

Over the years, we’ve received a lot of questions about how to install a shower filter that removes chlorine…

Since we now are in Berkeley for a little bit, we bought a filter and I figured I’d show you how easy it is to set up.

This filter is a Sprite filter, but Aquasana is good too. I’m sure there are others as well that are sufficient!

Your main goal is filtering out as much as you can in a little space that’s just about the size of a softball (the size of most filters.)

So today, I’m going to show you just how to do that.

Your question of the day: Do you have a shower filter installed?

If you want to get a filter like we have, please visit our friend Daliya’s site here: http://www.nontoxic.com/water/showerfilter.html

1. LuAnn says:

Mine is Aquasana. I got their “water for life” program. Which means for less then $10.00 a month, we get a new inner filter every 6 months or so as it needs replacing.

2. My shower filter is by Aquasana.. I Love it!

3. My shower filter is by Aquasana! I love it!

4. Katja says:

We don`t need a filter.
    Living in Germany, you can drink from the sink (allmost always). No chloride, and where I live, water is really soft, too.

Good, because I am allergic to chlorine and get that nice blue chloride acne immediately.
    If I was to move to a land that has chloride water and wanted to stay for longer, I would go for reverse osmosis installed.

I`m rather a buyer than renter, so I would go for our own water, too.

Kevin, seeing you in this shower really reminded me of “lost in translation”, where the guy is desperately trying to get some water on his upper parts 🙂

Thanks for the great tip! This will truely help while visiting my sister in Spain.

5. Jasmine says:

QUESTION: can you recommend a “safe” (safest) and effective sunscreen. My dad was just diagnosed with skin cancer -squamous carcinoma which he can get removed, but he and I both have fair skin and freckles. Let me know. Thanks!

6. Dee says:

No, I don’t, so thanks for this, very helpful.

7. maria says:

No, I don’t have a shower filter…I’m getting one now! 😀

8. Mark Moller says:

Shower filters are definitely a nice accessory to have. Thanks for the video!

9. Neeltje says:

I was already waiting for this video since you told that you would make one when you just moved to Berkerley.

At the moment we don’t need a filter, because here the Netherlands there is no chlorine in the water, but in september we will move to Michigan so I will install one over there.

Thanks for showing how to do it.

10. Thomas says:

@ Jasmine: check out the EWG (environmental working group) sunscreen guide:

They also have guides to safe cleansers, household products, cell phones, shampoos, etc.
    🙂

11. Nancy says:

Last time I changed our shower filter, the pipe leading into the wall somehow sprung a leak from the jiggling, so I had to get a plumber to fix that. So advice here is, if your pipes are old and copper (our house was built in 1977), be very gentle on that pipe coming out of the wall!

12. Beth says:

We finally put a shower filter on in early April. What a difference it makes!

Thanks for showing people who easy it is to do.

13. jackie says:

Jasmine: Dr. Mercola also has a sunscreen.

Yes, we have a shower filter, just changed the cartridge but I can’t think of the name! Oh well….

14. Melissa says:

Yes, we do! I bought a Torayvino shower filter for our apartment in Shanghai because I was really scared of absorbing unecessary minerals through my skin.

15. Veronika says:

I don’t have one yet because I keep reading that shower filters don’t really remove chloramine, which is what our area (Berkeley/Oakland) uses.

The Sprite website says that even though they add Chlorgon to their KDF filter, “no claim of chloramine removal is made: http://www.spriteshowerfilters.com/

***It would be totally awesome if you could test your water for chloramine with and without the filter.***

It seems like for every shower filter I find, there are a large handful of negative reviews. I don’t have a lot of extra spending money, so I want to invest in a filter that really works in my city.

16. fay says:

Hi
    You specifically mention that your shower filter removes chlorAMINE. I believe you may be misinforming your patrons. I have heard that there is no shower filter that can do that. Chlorine yes, chloramine no.