How Much EMF Do Infrared Saunas Really Emit? (Probably More Than You Think!) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #813

Tuesday May 3 | BY |

In this revealing show, I talk with Dr. Raleigh Duncan who shows me how much EMF most infrared saunas emit.

I met with him today at his warehouse in San Francisco to chat about his new no EMF heaters, since I think he’s at the cutting edge of sauna technology.

I was actually surprised to the see the numbers that came up on the meter when we tested some old units he had at his place.

You may be too…

Your question of the day: What are you doing to help reduce your EMF exposure?

If you like, Dr. Raleigh and the Clearlight team has extended a special deal for Renegade Health viewers. If you want to get a no-EMF infrared sauna and save anywhere from $400-$600 on the retail value (depending on the model), give them a call (or visit their site) and tell them you heard about them on The Renegade Health Show.

Here’s where you can go now… www.infraredsauna.com

1. Tara Burner says:

1st off…wow Kevin you cut your curls off
    2nd…impressive…did not know there was that much emf emitted in the sauna’s
    and not sure what I can do to reduce my exposure since I only use cell phone for mostly texting, no microwave, my computer i cant avoid and that’s about it….
    great episode

2. casey says:

grounding and i have a skalar wave generator. from ken rohla.

3. Matt from FL says:

Love your shows where you test things out!! The show where you test the electricity in the coconut water with the light bulb is awesome too!

4. jonathan saunders says:

awesome book that I am in midst of is “This Is It: Enlightenment With CYoga”. Check it out. It’s so free – I’m sure it’s Kevin’s cup of tea. beautiful electricity emits from this book.

5. […] Dr. Raleigh Duncan and I tested his infrared saunas for EMF (see that here), we sat down in the sauna for a talk about how infrared saunas detoxify the […]

6. Anne says:

A couple of things I’ve done recently. I removed my DECT phone and replaced it with an analogue phone to stop of constant microvawes and the EMF the device was producing. I also unplug my laptop from the power when I use it (most of the time), am looking into grounding. No longer use a cell phone at all which might be more microwave but I still have wireless internet at home. Have looked into devices such as Ray Guard which are supposed to neutralise EMF but am unsure how they work and wonder if you could enlighten us about such devices.

Thanks Kevin

7. Karen says:

I use grounding technology.

8. Gen says:

Excellent show, Kevin. I am looking into how to be grounded when on the computer, etc. and David Wolfe does have some interesting products for that purpose.

When I sense an EMF overload, I find taking a shower helps, or in the summer months, to sit outside with bare feet on the ground. Gardening helps too.

We had our house checked a few years back and it had not been grounded, so we had that done. Still, it wasn’t perfect and there are hotspots. We are quite close to a radio/TV station and I think that is a concern too.

9. suzanne says:

I ground myself when on the computer, watching TV, and sleeping with products from earthing institute. Bought sleeping pads for everyone in the family as well as grounding bands/cords to put around wrist or ankle.

If I can ever afford one of these saunas this is great to know!

10. Kuru says:

Great fix for saunas! I use a Biomat, which is an infrared mat, and have been concerned about EMF emission. The tester shows that it’s fine when plugged in and set on the negative ion feature, but as soon as I turn it to infrared heat, the needle goes wild. I’ve hoped the benefit of the infrared exceeds the EMF’s! Taking regular epsom salts baths is a good cure. Plus I go barefoot most of the time.

11. jasmine says:

I didn’t win the EMF battle in my house BUT we did compromise! 🙂 Do have wireless internet but it is on a timer so we do not sleep with it on. No plug-in radio/alarm clocks by our heads, beds not directly beside electrical outlets, no electric blankets, cell phones only for emergencies, use phone with cord whenever possible (do have some cordless as a compromise), no desks or beds backing a wall with a fridge (high field), checked our house for high Trifield meter reading areas and either fixed obvious electrical problems (bad wiring) or arranged bed in different location for almost zero ratings, sold ceramic heater sauna, got a ceramic heater one instead (ceramic ones pulse and then shut off so are not continually high), trying to rewire the cords in commercial steel and mount away from the unit as much as possible (electrician says this will reduce the fields even more)… but still wondering if toxin release is worth any extra EMF because scientists have proven their are cell changes in humans in any reading over 1 when EMF emitting objects are close to the body for an amount of time.
    We moved from our old house which had a constant reading of 4 at our front door due to the electrical pole wires in close proximity. You don’t want your bedroom where these wires connect to your house, where the main load runs through your wall, or in an apartment where you are close to those electrical wire ‘boxes” on the pole.

12. The best thing is to build a new home without any dinosaur technology with rediculous wires all over the house,,,but I have nothing plugged in the bedroom when I sleep (except an overhead fan), and a battery clock.
    namaste’, rachel

13. Char says:

I Have the dome type of sauna which I lay down in and lately I have been holding onto a ground alligator clip while in the far infrared sauna. So now the emf does not effect me

14. Karin says:

Hi Kevin,
    Could you talk about if there is EMF in a BioMat (infared heat). Also, I’d like to see an experiment on how much EMF shows up on those anti-theft devices we all walk through at many stores (you know those two tall panels about a foot wide). I purchased a fish from a superstore and was told I had to hold the bag with the fish in it above the panels when walking out because the electromagnetics would discombobulate the fish’s insides resulting in death. It is really bothersome to me that we don’t even realize we are walking through them and don’t really know how it affects us.
    Thanks!

15. ruxandra says:

I almost bought one few months ago, luckily my obsessive research for the best deal got me to find out more about EMF, so I stopped looking, well almost. now depending on their prices I may buy one. I did find a canadian supplier as well who said their saunas emitted les emfs, not sure where to get one without being so exoensive, so the dome one and the biomat sounds interesting.
    we use grounding technology, and hopefully if weather gets better can do soem bare footing, however we have a long winter here in MOntreal

16. oreganol says:

I don’t do anything in particlar, apart from switching off my wi-fi at night.

17. Kosotie says:

I have hooked up my own grounding wires and use them for computer, tv, beds etc. Cost, maybe ten dollar for the whole lot. And use +- in my cell phone so it won’t hit me either.
    Love to get one of those low emf saunas someday. Don’t forget to give info where to buy them!

Great video!

18. Paula says:

I never thought about EMFs. I purchased a FAR infrared blanket from Promolife about a year ago. I’m going to go ask them and include the link to this video. THanks,and if you have any information about this product that I purchased, let me know.

19. Beth says:

I had no idea that they did emit EMF. Thanks so much for this video!

20. Cindy says:

Before I knew anything about grounding, I wondered why I always felt so good when I was outside working in the garden. It gives me such a sense of peace. I also go to the park with my grandkids & sit with my bare feet on the ground while they play. For the future, I plan on buying grounding shoes & some of the other grounding products that David Wolfe has. And I also want to try turning off the electricity at night while I sleep, except in the kitchen of course. I read this in a book as a way to easily eliminate a lot of EMFs. The only problem is that when it’s time to go to bed, I always forget to do it. 🙂

21. Great video and good information. We stopped using a microwave over 10 years ago. We don’t watch TV. We don’t have a cell phone. Plus both my husband and I wear something called a Q-Link that protects against EMF’s. I have noticed a huge difference when I wear it in front of the computer.

22. Jacquelin says:

Kevin- this is a great article, I had no idea about this. I have a deposit down on a Sunlighten inrfrared sauna with carbon heater (ooops). Can you tell me, if we are already invested in the sauna, how can we ground the EMF waves that are coming out of it, does anyone have any ideas? I am not very educated in this area.

23. Rick says:

When I go into a sauna I wrap myself in aluminum foil like a potato.