How to Organize Your Freezer to Make Healthy Eating Easier : The Renegade Health Show Episode #776

Tuesday Mar 8 | BY |

Yesterday, professional organizer Bonnie Dewkett shared how to organize your kitchen so eating healthy will be a breeze…

Today, she talks about how to organize your freezer so it doesn’t turn into the next archeological site where they’ll find Cro-Magnon man.

In this episode, Bonnie also shares ways to save time and still eat a high raw diet.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: Does your freezer look as organized as Bonnie describes? Tell the truth… LOL!

1. Kim says:

Yes, mine freezer/frig is that organized. In fact, my husband accuses me of having things in alphabetical order as well, LOL. It just makes cooking and planning meals so much easier. Not to mention, that I don’t over purchase items.

2. briannaG says:

Mine isn’t THAT organized- but it’s not messy for sure! These are great tips. Thanks so much for sharing- what a great idea for the show. Love it- keep them coming 🙂

3. Thomas says:

Guilty as charged. 🙂
    I always forget about what’s been in there for way too long. Emergency organic foods. I’m so used to eating fresh foods I never even think about it.

4. Thomas says:

As a side note:
    If any of you use food that comes in boxes made of recycled materials you need to read this health warning:

Who would have thought recycled paper could be so toxic. 🙁

5. Dee says:

I love her ideas, and no, my freezer does not look like that. Matter of fact, I found an item this morning that I forgot I put in there.

6. Julie says:

Haha! No, my freezer is definitely not organized, and we tend to forget about the separate freezer completely sometimes…(it’s in the basement, behind the ironing table…LOL!)

Great tips, I like these videos!

7. oreganol says:

WOW. This makes eating so complicated. I make sure I have a range of food in the house and decide what to eat just before I eat it. If it’s Monday I have no idea what I will feel like on tomorrow, let alone plan what I’m going to eat at the weekend.

Some good advice for people who are very unorganised, but there is way too much planning here. I like to be more spontaneous and free. I would hate to have list of what I have to eat each day.

Just open the fridge and cupbaord and decide what to make. It’s simple. Don’t try to make a simple thing compicated.

Writing what’s in your freezer? LOL. I can’t stop laughing. I just open my and look. Why would I need to write it down? LOL.

8. Nick says:

Nothing labled and things usually fall out when u open the door. Usually the unhealthy things like ice-cream well at least it is coconut ice cream but not sure how heathy the gum is that they add to it.

9. Joan says:

Hi Kev,
    Thanks for your show, and yes, my freezer is organised.
    What I would like to know is have you or any of the others on your show done tests on the plastics used for storage? I have read some very scary stories regarding the use of plastics. What is your opinion? It would be hard to freeze foods without it.
    I have been buying pyrex to replace plastics, but it is not always convenient.

10. Beth says:

Our freezer is fairly organized, but not to the extent that Bonnie suggests.
    We do use a Sharpie.
    We get all the air out.
    And we have areas for specific items.
    As soon as we run out of something it goes on the shopping list – anything in the house, not just the kitchen.

11. Em says:

Good advice, but freezing plastic containers is NOT a good idea. Extreme temperatures plus plastic makes the chemicals leech into the food. Use glass storage containers instead if you can! Cheers 🙂