Home Facial Recipes for Dry or Oily Skin : The Renegade Health Show Episode #743

Thursday Jan 13 | BY |

Today, we have some more from Annmarie…

Watch as she explains two more home facial masks that you can make with ingredients in your refrigerator and cabinets.

These are for dry skin and for oily skin.

Your question of the day: How many avocados do you think it would take to fill a bathtub?

Here are the home facial recipes!

Facial Recipe for Normal and Dry Skin:

* 1/2 avocado
* 1 tsp raw honey
* 1 tbsp plain goats yogurt or coconut yogurt

Blend well and apply a thick layer over entire face and neck. Leave on for 15 min. and rinse off with lukewarm water.

Facial Recipe for Combination and Oily Skin:

* 1 tbsp of fresh sage or rosemary herbal tea
* 1 tsp of ground up oatmeal
* 1 drop of tea tree essential oil

Steep your fresh herbs for 20-30 min. in hot water. Take a table spoon of that tea and blend well with the remaining ingredients. Leave on for 30 min. and rinse clean will cool water.

1. How about dealing with quitting smoking? Any advice that could help on the subject?

2. Karen says:

I’d have to be a millionaire to fill my bathtub with avocados. Annmarie, thanks for these great recipes!

3. Ingrid says:

Whole avocados, or peeled and pitted? Either way, my guess is around 1000! 😛

4. Jennifer says:

IncrEDIBLE FUN video! I LOVE the recipe with oatmeal & teas…NICE 😉 Avocado bathing vs. mud wrestling= YES, would taste better!!

5. 752. I know. Trust me.

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

6. Ryan says:

since you guys are doing this…is their anything ud recommend for sun exposed skin(specifically pores)as ive had more than my share and it shows…Thanks

Also plz try and get Truth calkins on the show sometime…

7. Donaji says:

LOL…you guys crack me up! Thanks for the recipes. I’ve been using olive oil to hydrate my skin and a sugar+grapeseed oil to scrub a couple of times per week. I drink lots of water but I’m still getting breakouts under my jaw area and a couple on my chin. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I’m about 80% raw and I feel I have a good diet.

Thank you guys. This was fun! I think it would take too many avocados to fill up a bathtub, I have no clue…lol

8. Vicki says:

Go to earthworkshealth.com.

There you will see how wonderful DE is for your skin…don”t have to barhe in it or rub it on your face. Just drink a little powder in water or juicef everyday. It is really cheap and it’s tasteless. Has really worked for me.

9. Gen says:

You are such a great sport, Annmarie!

10. Caroline says:

For Kevin Cease, interesting if you are the individual to quit and your last name is Cease! JK. When I stopped it was easy (this time), however, what I did was increase my intake of greens SUBSTANTIALLY. Both raw and cooked but especially cooked since I was looking to replace the “cooked” greens in cigs. Then when I was ready there was very little withdrawal. Oh and you’ll know when you are ready because the urge will be very strong, you will get rid of everything and be done. I got with a few quitters on facebook for support and “rah rah” which was very beneficial too. For added protection against going back I purchased a disposable E-cig for like $10. I used it about 20 times and passed it on to a friend. Best wishes to whoever is needing some help and hope this is useful. You can FB me at Caroline Lefebvre if you need rah rah, happy to cheer for you!

11. Nick says:

Pretty impressive tire lift Annmarie and Kevin where u like thinking
    Like most guys about what that oatmeal looked like on annmaries face
    Or r u too attached or p whipped lol ..I love both of u hope u do not mind
    A little joking……

12. roni says:

for Kevin Cease,
    when I quit smoking, (1980 – after 15 years) what helped a whole lot was miso broth. It is a detoxifier that seems to bind or somehow go for the nicotine, and helps pull it out of your system. a cup of warm broth (NEVER boil miso, it kills it!) whenever you start wanting a smoke tends to get rid of the physical craving. Now, for the emotional attachment, you have to really have it in your mind that you want to quit, nothing can help you with that one but yourself! The other thing I did was draw lines around each cigarette halfway up, and ONLY smoke to that line. Then, start reducing the number of cigs per day. I was able to toss the last pack when I got down to 3 half cigs per day. good luck!

and Kevin G – what size is the bathtub? 🙂

13. Tahmida says:

What can I do if I am allergic to honey and avocado on my face?

14. oreganol says:

It’s great that you can make these face masks from everyday ingredients for a very low price. Much better than bying those expensive cosmetic products with questionable ingredients.

15. Tara Burner says:

Coconut oil is great to use in place of the honey for us vegans 🙂
    loving the video’s you two!

16. Leam says:

Annemarie, your rock!

17. Gordy says:

I loved #5’s, Lisa Marie’s comment “752 avocados… trust me’! LOL! Depending upon your size or weight… it would be almost 1000 avos. That’s probably not filling the tub to the top!

In response to Kevin Cease’s question about quitting smoking…
    Like anything else that you believe in or want a different outcome for, you must always change the MIND-SET!!!
    My recommendations would be first: try smoking as many cigs as you can in one day! Set a personal record and make yourself sick of them once and for all. Secondly, DETOX!! Get that stuff out of your system by fasting, sweating, and flushing. Thirdly, truly address the habit by looking at when, where, and why you choose to continue to smoke! Usually, the addiction comes from the habit of times, places, activities and relationships!! BE WILLING TO CHANGE the patterns of your relations to EVERYTHING. And lastly, if none of these work for you… picture yourself dead at an age, like 55. Then count the years you have left to smoke and enjoy every single one until them and don’t worry about it!! Good luck, Kevin!

18. John says:

Have you seen the ‘slimcados’? They are huge avocados that are much lower in fat. I tried one because they were less money than the much smaller, standard grocery store avocado and it was not very good. And why would they want to take out the good fat anyway? They are a travesty I think. But to fill a bathtub with slimcados it would probably take 1/3 the amount of the standard avocado.

19. Tasha says:

loved the video! I really love home remedies for beauty/hygiene because I live too far from stores that sell products that are good for you, and of course it’s cheaper! How many times a week would you recommend using a mask like this? (I did the oily skin one and it was fun!)