Home Facial Recipes for Acne Prone and Sensitive Skin : The Renegade Health Show Episode #742

Wednesday Jan 12 | BY |

Annmarie has a bid in to take over the show…

I think she might get it.

Today, she’s going to show you how to make facial masks for sensitive and acne prone skin with normal ingredients you’d find in your kitchen.

We’ve been snowed in all day are are getting a little cagey, so this episode was fun.

Your question of the day: What do you do for acne?

Here are the home facial recipes!

Facial Recipe for Acne Prone Skin:

* 1 tbsp honey
* 1/3 cup ripe pineapple
* 1 drop of tea tree essential oil

Facial Recipe for Sensitive Skin:

* 1/2 small cucumber
* 2 tbsp goat or coconut yogurt

Blend well and massage on face. Leave on for 20-30 mins, rinse off with warm water.

Blend well and apply a thick layer over entire face and neck. Leave on for 15 min. and rinse off with luke warm water.

1. Caroline says:

I appreciate you sharing these recipes and I can’t wait to try them with my friends! During the second facial you added one ingredient, I believe it may have been honey, but Kevin was being a wisecracker so if you said it I didn’t hear it. Will you post the recipe so I can be sure?

Oh and if I feel any sort of skin issue arising or even an early cold sore, I go straight for the tea tree oil. Love it!

2. Karen says:

To answer your question of the day, I have found Braggs Apple Cidar Vinegar to be amazing. I use 1 tsp of the vinegar diluted with 1-2 tsp of water. I dip a cotton square and then blot on my face. Then I use another dipped cotton square to leave on any trouble spots. Works like a charm and leaves the face super clean, soft and bright!

3. elf says:

I haven’t had acne in decades, thank goodness. I have very dry scaly skin though, would the pineapple mask be good for that? Also, is the Tea Tree oil really edible?

4. Tracy says:

When Annemarie was making the acne prone facial she added pineapple then a spoonful of something before she added the tea tree oil. What was that other ingredient?

I do get breakout frequently. I often get them from makeup so I try not to wear it. I’ve tried to find ones that don’t cause the breakouts but have not found a great one yet. My sister says I’m not allowed to leave the house without makeup so I’m at a bit of a loss. I want to cover up the old acne marks but the makeup just creates more of them.

I just ordered Annemarie’s mini set and can’t wait try it out. Maybe it will add some vitality to my skin.

5. nick says:

I stopped eating dairy products. wheat grass juice or dandelion root with apple cider vinagar.

6. Debbie says:

I sure do appreciate you demonstrating natural homemade skin care. Thank you. The snow is beautiful too. Honey is suppose to work for acne, I’m just starting to experiment with home made remedies, so you doing theses shows are so great !!
    god bless

7. Alina says:

Hi Kevin,
    You explained recently how to make fermented pineapple drink. Thank you very much for this. I have some follow up questions. Can I use any pineapple? Are they all organic in stores even if the label does not say it? Is the fermenting drink covered for the whole 6 days? Is the cover tight or loose fitting? If it is tight then is not it going to explode? Did you say to keep it in a dark place? Why is it so?

Other related questions: I was wondering if exotic fruit in a peel/skin (banana, pineapple, avocado, mango, coconut etc.) are treated with chemicals. Sometimes I come across organic versions of these fruit but is it a scam and a waste of money? Aren’t they all basically organic? Or maybe at least some of them?

Thank you.

8. I seriously think you all are mind readers! I’m always thinking of a show i think would be cool..then a few days later..BAM..you’re doing it! It’s awesome…THANK YOU! Was just thinking it would be great for Ann Marie to show us some skincare remedies to make at home! Thank you Thank you Thank you! I don’t get much acne…only if i’m eating an unusual amount of oil for some reason. My problem…and maybe you know some secret for this…BLACKHEADS! I’ve tried so much to get rid of them nothing helped..not going vegan or raw…what’s the deal with the blackheads? would love to know of any herbs that are helpful to get rid of these pesky suckers!
    Much gratitude to you beautiful folks!

9. Tonja says:

I switched to a mineral makeup (signature minerals, which doesn’t contain the irritating ingredients that some mineral makeups have). All other makeup made me break out. I still had a little acne just on my chin, which didn’t go away until I made significant progress in detoxing (which for me included specific supplements to deal with mercury toxicity, in addition to a high-raw diet).

10. jill says:

hi kevin & annmarie-

i’m curious about the ingredients in your facial recipes- could you please list them for each recipe?

it would be much appreciated.

jill

11. Kuru says:

I’m lucky to have never had acne. My favorite skin brightener and lifter is carrot juice! I drank it straight for years, but so many people gave me a hard time, I started diluting it with beets and celery, but still at least half carrot. If I get away from it for some reason, I can see my skin revive after being back on for about 3 days. A true miracle. I never remember to use the pulp on my face, but I bet that would be double great.

12. Katie says:

I live in Connecticut too and this snow is absolutely CRAZY!!!! I think I’ll give your masks a try this weekend, thanks! Don’t get cabin fever…this snow isn’t going to melt any time soon : )

13. Lono says:

Hey thanks for sharing guys love your show! What are all the ingredients to the acne prone mask?

14. Jentree says:

Tracy —

I think they added a small spoon of raw honey…at least that is what it looked like to me!

15. oreganol says:

I think my girlfriend will love this show. I’ll make sure she watches it.

16. Coconut oil works GREAT on acne! But, since we’ve cleaned up our diet, I have to say that acne is VERY rare for us.

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

17. debbie says:

I don’t get any acne now but do have a question about your acne recipe…..you put something in after the pineapple with a spoon and never said what it was……….??????? I played it over and over and you never said what it was…….HELP!!!
    hugs!

18. The best thing to do when you have a new breakout is to have in hand an aloe leaf, then with a little knife you cut a slice of the leaf and with the tip you take a little piece of the gel and put it on the breakout, then you can open the little piece of leaf and rub all the juice over your entire face, in fact you can do that everyday.
    As a mask I use bentonite clay which is very detoxifying, whit a pinch of turmeric, slipery elm, kelp powder and raw sugar to exfoliate when washing off.
    And lastly, I make for my skin an excellent exfoliant with instant coffe (even though I’ve never been able to drink coffee, is so good for my skin), and add a little bit of vegetable glycerin and a drop of lavender oil.

I need to try the tea tree oil though.

And for moisturizer, I mix a little bit of jojoba oil with some lavender oil which is excellent for the skin.

19. Dee says:

Clay, it draws and also conceals.

20. Sarah says:

Fresh aloe does wonders!

21. Mary Artemis says:

For Debbie: It was 1 T honey – I got that from the recipe. However, what I didn’t get was why in the recipe for Cucumber mask you didn’t list tea tree oil on the written recipe but clearly added it in the video. FUN video……we are in Stamford, CT and have lots of clean dry snow, also. Fun snow days. I am sending this to London for my daughter….
    Mary from STamford, CT

22. Leam says:

Such a cute show! Never really had a problem with acne. If a blemish does pop up usually use a dab of clay.

23. andria says:

I love you guys!!! Thank You again for a fabulous show, although hard to take you serious with stuff dripping down your face Annmarie…LOL! So one thing I do if I or my teen daughter has a blemish is a repeated regime of warm, wet compresses, maybe with a drop or two of tea tree as well. Then I follow that with brewed and cooled chamomile tea bags. This has really seemed to do the trick but I can’t wait to try your recipies!!! So fun!!!! 😀

24. Nadia says:

Great recipes, thanks! I always use the pulp from my green juices. I massage the pulp on my face and leave it on while I am cleaning up the juicer, then rinse it off with warm water. I follow with some sprays from my homemade lemongrass hydrosol and some coconut oil.

Another thing I do whenever I peel cucumbers is to rub the cucumber peel all over my face, neck, back of my hands and arms. Its a great toner and very cooling and refreshing.

25. Cindy (Sydney, Australia) says:

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the recipes. You made mention that you could “Eat” these masks but seriously I assume you mean if it DOESN’T have tea tree oil in it? Is tea tree digestible or good for you internally?
    Also in the next video for “Dry Skin” the recipe says to use goat’s or coconut yoghurt but Ann Marie didn’t use it. Is the yoghurt just a binder or does it serve another purpose?
    In answer to today’s question I dab on tea tree oil with a cotton bud. I don’t know why i started this but I’ve been doing it for years. Once they get too dry i have been rubbing on sorbolene + Vit E cream to try and stop any scarring. i think my “acne” or spots are hormone related as the breakouts seem to be cyclic but not necessarily on a monthly basis.
    Thanks for any response & have a great day.

26. Johnathon says:

Thank you so much for these recipes! I’ve always had acne problems. I had to try one thing after another. It’s a real bothersome most of the time.

My latest and best solution is for those with combination oily skin. First thing I do in the morning is exfoliate and wash. Then I moisturize with aloe vera gel. During the day I’ll use napkins or paper towels or something to dab the excess oil off. At night before bed I use just water to wash off excess oil and whatever else there is. Then use aloe vera gel to moisturize.

Hints: Use clean pillow cushion covers on your bed every night. Don’t touch your face during the day (actually anything neck and above)

27. Johnathon,
    Geranium oil works wonders to control the excess oil on the face.
    I also use Olive oil on my entire face now. Although I no longer have many breakouts the tee tree oil sounds good for when I do.

28. I get hormonally-induced acne. I use tea tree oil cleanser and herbal blemish sticks, but nothing I’ve ever tried totally eliminates it.

29. Beth says:

For acne, I use tea tree oil morning and night. When it is dry I dab some coconut oil over it (especially in the winter) so that the skin doesn’t dry out and flake.

The mask for the sensitive skin sounds like it would be great in the summer in the rare occasion that I get too much sun

30. Danae says:

No Dairy!!

31. Val Jacobson says:

Similar to effects of pineapple on the skin but weirder and more um… interesting. Durian, applied topically. Since its so big, Go ahead and eat most of it. Invite friends. Its a big-ass piece of fruit that will make everyone feel great!
    We’ve been participants in some part-tays where they make smoothies of it and add other superfood goodies like vanilla beans, raw cocoa and the extracted oil of some herbs that made us all euphoric and able to see auras for about 9 hours.
    Anyway, its great for blackheads too and seems to give a gentle “peel” for a fresh new layer of tender baby-softness for us older ladies that need to exfoliate and rejuvinate our skin.

32. Sarah says:

Can’t wait to try this acne mask! I am having a terrible breakout right now, I think due to eating too much junk lately. (I have a feeling dairy has a lot to do with it.) I have found applying pure lavender oil on the pimples seems to help them come to a head and heal much quicker and without drying my skin like chemical treatments. Plus it’s wonderful to go to bed breathing in the relaxing aroma of lavender! Thanks again, great show!

33. Acne makes people lose self esteem. And there are many mfrrs who make wrongly processed, with heavy and harmful chemicals, but glossily advertised in the media with promises to clear the acne. I found all these options acceptable and harmless. Esp Extra virgin coldpressed coconut oil,or similar virgin olive oil – when applied on the face at night – it is very nourishing to the skin and anti bacterial.
    These wont be permanent remedies. You ought to cleanse up your large intestine very well for all of these to work, and sustain. DO FASTING ONE DAY IN A WEEK AND THEN APPLY THESE TOO.
    Then you can bet on your skinhealth.
    Good sharing with all,