Do You Use Oregano Oil for Stomach Cramping? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #736

Tuesday Jan 4 | BY |

Back to questions today!

I have a bunch that include if you should use oregano oil for stomach cramping, what you should do if a friend has diabetes, and a few questions about fungicides and coconuts.

Your question of the day: Did you exercise today?

1. Connie says:

Yes, I did! My chiropractor recommended a “Strength Training with an Exercise Ball” DVD last week. So I bought the DVD and went out and bought the ball and have been trying to do part of it while catching up video e-mails. lol. I’m trying to do what I can in preparation for when I begin some intensive work with her in the spring when the ice and snow are gone and I can walk over to her office three times a week.

2. paul says:

Great show, and yes, I did a 20 minute walk around my complex today. It’s not much, but I keep a good pace and felt great afterward.
    Btw, so many people are coughing and sneezing around me that lately I have been overdoing it with Oil of Oregano and Colloidal Silver. I’m glad you said that.
    Thanks guys!

Paul

3. Chris Armstrong says:

cut fire wood guess i got some. have used oregano oil for candeda yeast worked well along with coconut oil and olive leaf

4. Diana Bryans says:

yes! 90 minutes of power yoga and it was amazing 🙂

5. Anne says:

Yes I did exercise today. Started with a 14km run outside in the O Celcius weather leaving before the sun was up (just a nice easy run to start my week) and followed by a 4.2 k swim with intervals at the pool so I probably did enough for a few people. Even did some abs and stretching after that.

Remarkably considering it’s the new year, the pool was quite quiet. I wonder if people are foregoing new year resolutions nowadays.

6. I took a short Nordic walk today. I’d say it was a little over a mile. Nordic walking is more than just walking. It makes me walk at a faster pace and really gets my blood pumping! I’m working my way back up to five miles again like I used to do.

7. Renee says:

Simply Raw was the most important video I have ever seen in introducing the Raw lifestyle particularly the concept that food is medicine. Life Changing!

8. Brenda says:

I thought about exercising today and wanted to go out on this sunny California day and hike on my favorite ridge above the San Francisco Bay. No, I did not get away from the health consults I was offering. Interesting, I have a bottle of Oil of Oregano on my computer desk right now. I was emailing a client about it this afternoon.
    🙂

9. Katie says:

Due to lower back pain, I have not exercised today which is messing up my pledge to myself to do yoga everyday for the month of January. I’ve decided to see a chiropractor before I continue. But I’m so glad to hear that you two are getting back into exercise because I’ve been thinking about it recently as well. Bottom line, I never feel as good as I did when I was in the best shape of my life. I’m going to get it back! Thanks guys.

10. I started my new job today and unfortunately didn’t get a chance to exercise like normal. However I did make an effort to park on the very top of the parking garage and I was running up and down the stairs for my break. 12 sets of stairs each way, my heart was really pumping by the time I got to my car. For me thats good exercise because I’m not used to it yet.

I think the most important part is that I’m proud of what I did. =-) I’m losing about 1lb per day so far, so a combo of raw foods and a baby steps of exercise have got to be working. Baby steps my friends… baby steps 😉

11. freedom fighter says:

I didn’t exercise today but I did yesterday I did my abs routine then I did alot of push ups I’ve been really busy so i didn’t get to do my usual intense routines but ill get it in on thur.

12. Sharon says:

Great show! I exercised about 45 minutes doing step aerobics. I promised myself that I would exercise at least 3 to 5 times a week this year. Not only is it good for your physical health, but it is good for your mental health. People who exercise regularly are usually happier people than those who don’t.

13. Dana says:

Went for about a 2 mile walk in our neighborhood with my hubby and toddler, saw views of Mt Ranier. Also chased after my toddler all day which is definately a great workout!

14. Alina says:

Any chances of giving us the fermented pineapple recipe?

15. jakjak says:

no excercise today, moved two couches yesterday for my son, up garden steps to van in the snow, then two flights of stairs, tight squeeze………..ouch, I am smug that I did, but gentle walking to keep me loose tha’ts all for a while.

16. Refael Azi says:

Today i did P90X Plyometrics!
    I’m exercising on daily basis for the last 2 years (5-6 times a week) with many BeachBody programs and got amazing transformation and results! started with 10 minute trainer and progressed to the most known program they have called P90X, i also did TurboFire, Insanity and Chalean Extreme!

i highly recommend you to start using these videos since they are a very well planned programs that works with great results and avoids platoues (only when you actually follow the program!)
    just search for ‘p90x’ on youtube and see these amazing transformation people did in 90 or 180 days there are some crazy people that did this program for 10 rounds.. so i’m sure it’s working for them,

especially when you are on the road, you push play on your dvd or laptop and BRING IT!

17. Ingrid says:

I did not exercise but spent most of the day on my feet at least. (Oh the things we tell ourselves to escape guilt…) Las time I exercised was Dec 31st, when I burned 742 calories. It felt good to end the year in a healthy way. 🙂

18. Kelly says:

yes! ran two miles, walked one, and a little bit of an arm workout on the weight machines.

19. Satori says:

Yes, I did! Jogging just for 20 minuets or so before work.

20. oreganol says:

Actually I just watched this video after doing 30 mins cardio in the gym. I do 30 mins 5 days a week. I’m aslo going to be adding weight training cery soon. I agree that exercise is essential to good health. Too many people think they can be health by eating right and just sitting around all day and not moving. They are so wrong. Doing cardio energises me. If I go a few days without exercising I don’t feel as energised.

21. Yes! I do 30 minutes of yoga every day!

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

22. Jennette says:

My exercise today was weeding the garden!

23. Mary says:

Yep, 20 minute walk on the treadmill and 15 minutes of yoga. 🙂

24. Toni Kaste says:

fermented foods can be pickled…

Pickled Ume plums (fruit) are used in macrobiotic diets

Diabetes and Celiac Disease are linked often times

About 1 in 20 people with type 1 diabetes has celiac disease. Even in the general population, including people with type 2 diabetes, the rate could be as high as 1 in 250
    http://www.diabetes.org/…/celiac-?disease.html – Cached

Andrew Weil MD says he does not eat black pepper because it is toxic, though I know what you mean about the scientific studies show both ways sometimes….

5 dropperfuls? or drops of oregano oil? You said dropperfuls…
    Toni Kaste

25. debbie says:

YES YES YES…….I did exercise and guess what? I woke up 15 minutes late and did not want to BUT I said a couple of Bible verses and motivated myself and got up and did an even more vigorous work out!
    I love you guys and I am in the second read of HIGH RAW and have referred all my friends to your site and to the book.
    I am 57 and have NEVER felt better then I do now! I went from vegetarian to began to raw and FINALLY I GET IT…..now it is a lifestyle change instead of the bizillion diets I have tried throughout the years. I have lost 52 pounds so far…..I have reversed all my aches and pains and I am in the best health EVER!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
    God bless you both!!!

26. stacy stowers says:

no…. and there is really never a good excuse. is there? love S

27. Toni Kaste says:

Also the link from Dr. Weil (sorry he doesn’t try to add extra black pepper at a restaurant and
    prefers red pepper…)

Also the raw food diet is great for diabetics because they go “gluten free” by accident…(though there is a little wheat/wheat grass in raw food diets sometimes, but it doesn’t contain much if any gluten)
    If you have diabetes it’s good to get tested for celiac disease BEFORE you go gluten free or onto raw food, then do whatever you like to heal!
    Irish and Italians are at a higher risk for celiac disease

•If you are Irish or Italian or have Irish or Italian descendants in your family. For reasons we aren’t sure of, up to 10% of the Irish population suffers from Celiac disease and 1 in 250 Italians are affected.

Have a great day! and definitely get me on the track of exercising more!

Toni Kaste http://www.lupushope.blogspot.com

28. Jan says:

I exercised my brain with lots of info. Overload actually. Did some walking but I sure do need to be more active in a focused manner. Thanks for bringing this part of health to our attention. I can’t tell you how much I love hearing you and Ann Marie laughing and seeing your smiles. Thanks! It’s uplifting. Love and Gratitude,Jan.

29. Chris G says:

I went for a 5+km run as I try to do every other day.

I also like your advise to diabetics. I’m sick of people blaming their gluttony on genetics or what-have-you.

30. Heather says:

LOL. It is January so I restarted my tibetian rites and my leg master with arm weights. But I do walk to work every day and if I really move fast it is about 1/2 hour each way. I am in my 50’s and used to be an exercise fanatic but my life is pretty busy so time is a factor.

I do appreciate all that you two do. 🙂

31. Stephanie says:

No 🙁 No excercise for me today. It’s something I’ve really struggled with in finding ways to do at home and feel like I’m really getting a GOOD workout in. I suppose I’m lacking quite a bit in the motivation department these days and it’s really starting to show. I used to have a gym membership and quit after 4 years because I started to feel like a hampster spinning my wheels. No more gyms for me! QUESTION for you- In your opinion, how much exercise is necessary to give your body each week for “good health” I hear so many different times on this! Love you guys and all the info you share! Thank you!

32. eyla says:

Went on a 20 minute run/jog this morning, I was in a bad mood before, but feel great afterward, it’s one of the main reasons I go, it’s such a mood lifter.

I think comment 22, from Chris G is over harsh and 1 dimensional.
    Gluttony is not the only reason people have issues with food, and when all you are taught in school and through life that genetics influence health in such a dramatic way, then you are bound to trust it, as many people have ultimate faith in scientist and doctors. I don’t see how we can help eachother to change and better ourselves without supporting, not judging situations we don’t understand, and encouraging eachother to be kinder to ourselves…

33. Joann says:

Don’t have a car (or want one) So I walk whenever I can. Also have a cellerciser Rebounder that I use everyday. Will start using my Healthrider and doing Hatha Yoga for this year’s resolution.

34. Diane says:

I canceled my workout session today because I am nursing a cold and felt that I needed to rest. However, I am making it a point to keep my body moving, stretching, etc. Movement is SO important.

35. Blair says:

of course! I exercise everyday.

36. Michelle says:

Heck yeah! Capoeira baby, 3-4 days a week. You will not only be in the best shape of your life but also learn to play music, speak Brazilian Portuguese, learn culture and meet cool people.

37. cindy says:

the Xbox kinect games are awsome! my favorite is dance central

38. Bill Stringfellow says:

Yes I trained chest, shoulders and triceps at the gym

39. Rhonda says:

I have always made it a point to do some form of exercise since I was 15. It makes the difference as it is just a part of my lifestyle. I try to mix it up with walks, pilates, yoga, CD’s, light weights. Thank you Kevin and Ann Marie for the encouragement as we all need to keep active for life. It is not just when you feel like it.

40. Rhonda D says:

I am walking on my lunch hour and sneak in a quick walk like right after I post this
    Love you video’s keep them coming.

Hey what happened to those folks you are helping become raw? What is going on with them?

Rhonda D.

41. Karen says:

I started my day with qi gong. I do “Eight Pieces of Brocade.” Very easy and feels so good.

42. Dr. Jérôme says:

Happy New Year from Yaoundé.
    I didn´t exercice today, but start this new year with a 7 hours hike in the west mountains of Cameroon… gorgeous like mountains in New Zealand. Because It was hot (90°F) and sunny at 2000m elevation I get likely burned. Unfortunately the food at the restaurant in Dchang was not great: party making instead cooking fresh vegetables.

I miss so much my bike for excercice here in Yaoundé.

43. Belinda says:

Yes, I did exercise today! Yesterday, too!! Doing great so far this year:) I noticed for some reason yesterday I was so sad and weepy and asked my husband if I should be upset about anything that I couldn’t remember and he said ” I don’t think so”. So, I hopped on my treadmill and the blues were gone.It is so great for emotional well being and clear thinking!!

44. Leam says:

Yes, I just did your 10 min Lunch Blues Buster at my desk. I love when you say, “Don’t forget to breath and don’t forget to smile…this is suppose to be fun, right?” It does always make me smile:) I appreciate having short bits of exercise during the day to keep me alert and loosen me up from sitting for so long. True, it is not the same as a full-fledged workout but it is a great pick-me-up during the day. A long brisk walk and swinging on the swings at the local school is my end of the day routine. Look forward to more fitness videos.

45. Sarah says:

Yes, I did! Today I jumped on my Rebounder mini tramp. I also do strength training with the ball. Its a great workout and aways leaves me feeling good. When the weather warms up I love bike riding in the country.

46. Joni says:

First off Annmarie you are adorable. I love watching her. Now yes I did walk today for 25min. That may sound like not a lot. But for me it is a big one. I have neuropathy and somedays are very hard to walk much at all. I have gotten my blood sugar down to normal eatting very low carb diet and as much raw as I can. I love your show and the recipes to help us. You both are awesome.

Joni
    Oh by the way I wonder if soaking your food for about 10min in grapeseed extract will help with the pesticides etc. I can’t afford much in organic. that might be a subject to talk about.

47. Gordy says:

Happy New Year!

I have just started using my oil of oregano again this week! It works well topically for nail fungus and ingestion. Also, diluted for internal consumption for keeping all those germs away this time of year. It’s great when you feel connected with what the universe is delivering constantly!
    Exercising is at a minimum until I see the chiropractor next monday to address my lower back pains and weak hips. Hauling and splitting wood the last couple of days didn’t help. My monthly treatment/adjustment usually keeps me aligned to function adequately. More routine exercise is replacing coffee and over-accessive internet usage at the start of the day! Not this show of course!! LOL!

Keep up the push on those exercise programs and videos!
    ~G

48. suzanne says:

Well, still sitting here on computer at 11am, thinking I gotta stop and go do exercise. My routine has been hr. long walks 4 days a wk. w/yoga and wts. 1 to 2x a week. Not enough. Reading up on HIIT or interval trng. Makes so much sense hitting different muscles w/the new routines and it takes less time. Now trying to decide which routine am I going to start with as I am 60 and don’t want to overdo it.

49. Diana says:

I ran/walked a mile after I dropped my daughter off at school, some stretching and about 10 minutes on the rebounder once I got home. Not much but BETTER than nothing!

Thanks guys!

50. George says:

200 squats while watch this video 🙂 Going to experiment with making this part of a routine

51. Ashley says:

Will teach a Les Mills BodyPump class in 2 hours!! Can’t wait!!

52. RawGuru says:

No exercise yet today, have been working all day but i plan on doing some rebounding tonight! This week has been good exercise-wise, done lots of running and some hiking, but it is coooold and very wet outside today and my main form of exercise is running outdoors. Winter is tuff. Thanks for the show!

53. June says:

Yes, I did!!! That’s my 1st New Year’s resolution. Today Bouncing ball exercises, abs, and walking. 🙂

54. Jim says:

Yes, I did exercise today. In fact I taught a one hour aerobics class and followed that up with a one mile interval walk. No bad for a 70 year old man I would say. Have a great day.
    Jim

55. Jordan Lidster says:

Hey Guys! I’m still here, silently watching in the background. I believe exercise to be as or possibly more important than nutrition so it’s definitely a big part of my life. Although I’m not one for the gym or modern “exercise” and favor practical forms of exercise like gardening, walking instead of driving, hiking, biking, snow shoeing, forest forging, physical labor etc, I still like to practice yoga, p90x, and many different kinds of body weight exercises.

Today I did 1h of p90x yoga followed by 1/2h of shoveling the snow from the drive way. Yesterday it was 1.5h of snowshoeing searching for the Chaga mushroom and collecting rose hips in northern Saskatchewan followed later on by a number of sets of 3-4 different variations of pull-ups. I also start my day with the Tibetan 5 rites so even if I end up getting caught up in the day, at least I’ve done something to stretch and strengthen my body.

I’d like to see more information/videos on wild mushroom collecting/identification, wild crafting herbs and food and how to grow your own food and medicine.

Keep up the good work into 2011!

56. sue says:

Today I hiked 4.9 miles with 5 friends. We hiked out to a natural spring which I found on Daniel Vitalis’ website findaspring.com. We have hiked many times at Waterfall Glen and had no idea there was a spring located off the main trails. Very cool.

57. tessa says:

Kevin, I went skate skiing today! my toes were so cold they almost fell off.

58. I do a minimum of 5.5 miles a day while working, as I am a distribution Tech at the local hospital in my area.
    And can you tell us were is the best essential Oregano oil to be found.

59. Betoman says:

No, I didn’t. Please share with us some low impact cardio exercises – that’s what I need.

60. Tracy Julias says:

NO, I did not exercise today. 🙁

I do have a question for Annmarie, What do you think about Hot Yoga?
    There is a new studio that just opened here in Sedona and was thinking about trying it out.

Thanks again for all your hard work, love you guys.

Tracy

61. jackie says:

I didn’t exercise today 🙁 Kevin, I can’t imagine taking that many droppers of oregano oil around the same time like you did…it’s so strong!! Is it really that necessary to take that much? I thought a little was enough. One time when I was in Mexico, I ate some fish and my stomach was in serious pain and churning. I mixed a small amount in a bottle of water and sipped it all night long; every time I woke up due to the pain. By the next morning I was cured!

62. snowmoonelk says:

No, but now you have guilted me into doing some RIGHT NOW!!!

63. Yes Even though its 28 degrees outside, I walked 2 miles, did some weight lifting, some pilates and some yoga. I have to practice what I preach.

64. Kristine says:

Yes, I rebound every morning. Then I have done a lot of walking (no car) and tonight I go to the gym. That is pretty typical for me. Thanks for the good show.

65. Brianna says:

i did exercise that day! This is several days later- but yes. I did. and I feel the same way- exercising is supremely important!

Thanks guys 🙂

66. Claus Birger Henriksen says:

I did 25 minutes on my Airdyne. I do that almost daily. At least until the snow is gone and I can get back to jogging.

67. Lori says:

No, no exercise. Have tried repeatedly for periods of time but it wears me out. I used to exercise and it gave me energy so i don’t understand. I am diabetic and hypo thyroid, medicated for each and have been so for 10 years but did a good job with exercise. But since having some dental work done 3 years ago and moving into a new house,,,i think i have toxic issues. Have felt poisoned so many times. In an out of the ER. They dont’ have a clue,,had TMJ work done and wear a guard,,did not help my oral pain. Am going to a toxicologist for testing. So while i would like to say i’m fine and exercised,,,i’m only dreaming about being active. Watched Dr. Ingram’s interview and i think the Oil of Oregano would be a huge help for me. Am just waiting for testing for Adrenal, mycotoxins and heavy metal problems before starting anything. Have a good day Kevin!

68. Laura says:

On the subject of oil of oregano: A friend of mine has had a really nasty looking and painful infection in his toe. He’s been using liquid Oil of Oregano in foot baths every night and sublingually as well. His toe is no longer swollen and red. It still gives him some pain from time to time when he’s on his feet for a long time. But it is working and the pain is relieved when he soaks it while in pain. The stuff is awesome!!

On exercise. I’m only doing some PT type stuff right now cause I have a back injury and working on recovering.

69. I exercise about an hour a day.