Renegade Health Best of Products 2010 : The Renegade Health Show #731

Tuesday Dec 28 | BY |

Alright!

Continuing on with our Best of 2010! Today, we have the products that we think are the best around!

Your question of the day: What are your Best of 2010 in Products?

Best Health Product Line

Top Dog: HealthForce
Runner Up: Cold Extracted Herbs (Ultimate Superfoods)

Favorite Health Product

Top Dog: Holy Basil (Cold Extracted)
Runner Up: Oreganol

Best Superfood Powder

Top Dog: Vitamineral Green
Runner Up: Pure Synergy

Best Plant Protein Shake Mix

Top Dog: Sunwarrior
Runner Up: Warrior Food

Kevin Gianni is a health author, activist and blogger. He started seriously researching personal and preventative natural health therapies in 2002 when he was struck with the reality that cancer ran deep in his family and if he didn’t change the way he was living β€” he might go down that same path. Since then, he’s written and edited 6 books on the subject of natural health, diet and fitness. During this time, he’s constantly been humbled by what experts claim they know and what actually is true. This has led him to experiment with many diets and protocols β€” including vegan, raw food, fasting, medical treatments and more β€” to find out what is myth and what really works in the real world.

Kevin has also traveled around the world searching for the best protocols, foods, medicines and clinics around and bringing them to the readers of his blog RenegadeHealth.com β€” which is one of the most widely read natural health blogs in the world with hundreds of thousands of visitors a month from over 150 countries around the world.

1. lynda Lucas says:

I found this show when I decided to go raw about two months ago, out of all the health and raw shows out there this is by far my favorite and most informative for me and my question is:
    during the last three days, Christmas, Christmas eve and day after Christmas I ate lots of candy and some turkey and bread, I feel horrible right now and am back on raw but I need to know how to get back to feeling energized the fastest way possible, what is your advice?

2. Carol says:

Brilliant Series! I’m so glad that you’re doing this.

Happy New Year!

3. Nu Species says:

Hey Kevin!

Thanks for sharing your top picks! As a leader in the health world too, I am always interested in who else is out there helping people with great products. Having said that, you should check out NuSpecies! I know we would make your list. We make Raw, Whole Food, Natural, Organic, Liquid Nutritional Supplements. You don’t have to post this, as I know this may not be an acceptable “comment”, but just wanted to reach out.

Jillian Pelliccio

4. Connie says:

Hey, I’m first today! I’d like to hear your comments about Premier Research Labs. I’m currently taking a product of theirs called “Quantum Eye Complex” botanical supplement that “promotes clear vision and healthy eyes, including macula, retina and lens.” I’ve only been taking it for about two months and it seems to be helping.

5. Ryan says:

Re: running shoes
    check out the company Terra Plana, specifically the evo model for running. They are outrageously expensive (160) but are lightweight, minimal, and relatively Eco friendly (compared to other running shoes.)

You could also check out some custom made huarache sandals.

What do you think about best digestive supplements? Any favorite emzymes or fermented food product?

Cheers,
    Ryan

6. Bernie Kitts says:

This year I swallowed my share of supplements. The most dramatic effect was from Coenzyme Q10 in the Ubiquinol form. I have used Dr. Jarrow’s formula and Dr. Mercola’s which are both sourced from Kaneka QH.

I thought that you meant to shed your shoes and run barefoot for the grounding benefits which is probably better for walking…

Good old American White Ginseng root did it for me too from TenRen tea and ginseng.

Fasting not a bad way to go either.

The green smoothie is my top glow getter which brings us to the Vitamix.

Dino Kale, Maca root, blueberries and Nutiva coconut oil.

Monavie Active Acai blend.

The John Ellis water machine makes a different kind of water.

My trusty Ellsworth Truth mountain bike and fresh air.

Your dedication is inspiring. Love you both.

7. Blair says:

just some products that I am getting into

Body Ecology Raw coconut water
    CocoBiotic
    ALWAYS VITAMINERAL GREEN
    I like the company premiere research labs for supplements like HCL, Vitamin D3, a great liquid B vitamin complex….and so on

some products that I would love to have your opinion on are…MSM and Adya Clarity

8. James Israel says:

i really like garden of life products+georges aloe vera+ adya clarity…though i think the best is the veggies that come out of your garden=shalom

9. Traci says:

What do you guys think of Adya Clarity. I have heard Matt and Angela Stokes promoting it’s benefits with candida and parasites, among other great benefits, and I wondered if you had ever tried it.

10. Stephanie says:

Hey there! I think you two covered most of it. Great picks….can’t think of anything to add so see ya tomorrow : )

11. kristhiana says:

You two are AWESOME!! Can’t wait for each episode to arrive. I’d like to know your thoughts on best of candida, parasites, etc., too.

You have been a large part of a wonderful 2010, and I look forward to 2011 with you!

Richest Blessings,

Kristhiana

12. Susie says:

I love Wild Willow products. Of course, I have a bias, because my sister makes them, but she makes a face cream that I use before I go into the sun and it nourishes my skin…mmmm. So good.
    She also makes a shampoo and a shampoo bar. I like the bar because it has minimal packaging and because it really works well for my hair. It can double as shaving cream! http://www.WildWillow.com You should check it out! Oh, her lip balms are fun too. Spearmint is a favorite of mine.
    Peace,
    Susie

13. Heather says:

This year, I’m pretty excited about quinton marine plasma…a mineral supplement to add to filtered or spring water. I think it goes beyond Adya Clarity. And Active H-Minus, a systemic antioxidant which supports the ATP pathway and assists in maintaining high energy of the cell. It can be added to filtered or spring water or smoothies.

14. Elo McMillan says:

My two favorite products that I discovered in 2010 were the Vitamix blender and the Teeter EP-650 inversion table. The Vitamix has minimal waste compared to a juicer and the high quality inversion table is doing a far better job on my lower back than a chiropractor.

15. Anne says:

Thanks for this.

I never hear you talking about Vega brand and Sequel Naturals. Vega has great plant based protein or meal replacements, great EFA oil, sports drink powder, bars which are all natural with a commitment to sustainability. Sequel distributes Sacha Inchi Seeds, maca, chlorella and the likes.

I use Vega and Sun Warrior protein.
    Anne

16. Mina says:

Great episode! Anne Marie has the absolute BEST skincare line! I noticed a difference upon the first application, and i still can’t believe how it has dramatically improved my skin! I also love Vitaminerals! πŸ™‚

17. Ryan says:

Basically anything from Healthforce I thoroughly enjoy Jameths information and the products he formulates…also Revitaphi…

I found an awesome Company Natures hollow That makes a sugarless honey, jams, ketchup, bbq sauce all with Xylitol…

A couple ?s Could u recommend a good probiotic supplement as I add them to coconut water, Papaya and to drinks even general use…

Would u guys look into getting Truth Calkins on the show…I absolutely love the work he does, what he creates, and the wonderful information he has to share..

18. Andria says:

Thank You for your top picks on products for 2010!!! I can’t wait to use your skin care line!! I’m sure I will fall in love!!! πŸ˜€ I agree on the appliance pick! This year I made the investment of getting a Vitamix. I’m relatively new to the raw world and found it imperative to survive, especially since the Kitchen Aid I received as a wedding gift and ended up with in the divorce couldn’t get the job done. It was a great gift to myself and my family!!! Yay Green Smoothies!!! Also, are you familiar with Climb On Body Lotion? It’s a good one!!! Another favorite is Bella Lucce body products! They both have a great story!!! I’m also curious what you think of Vega. Thank You!!!

19. I discovered your website about a week ago and have been watching all your shows whenever I am bored. Thank you for doing what you are doing! I am a health coach working with those who have digestive problems so getting more accurate healthy news out in the world is so important.

Favorite probiotic: Inner Eco

It is made out of coconut water so anyone can have it. No dairy!

Favorite mineral product: Morning Star Minerals

Stephanie

20. linda says:

funny Jameth didnt make the last list, yet here are his products
    I also like Tonya Zavasta’s shampoo/ conditioner, masque, cream. comb.
    cant seem to get yours in Canada.
    Happy New Year!

21. tirsh says:

An ebook on nutrition that’s very useful for vegetarians and vegans:

22. Colleen says:

I’m with Anne..the Vega products by Sequel are ubber-fantastic! The guy that developed the line is very environmentally conscious and has a new book coming out next year. As I understand, it will be about how our food choices impact the environment. And, now the sachi inchi seeds…yum!
    I also LOVE my Dr. Ohhira’s probiotics! They are grown on a whole food source, they’re not packaged until they have gone through 3 seasons in Japan (seriously hot summers and freaking cold winters!) They’re grown outside and have 12 strains of bacteria. If you crack the capsule open, it’s like a miso paste inside and unlike other probiotics, since everyone has had to play nice for 3 years, they’re shelf stable…woot woot!
    Vitamix rocks!!!! Love mine!
    Thanks for doing these shows!

23. Irene says:

My top brand is Premier Research Lab by Dr Bob Marshall. Have been taking this brand since 2004. Great products & great skin care line too!

24. Sazzu says:

Hey Kevin, the Vivo Barefoots are minimalistic and are very earth friendly. The entire company is like that and their running shoe is great. They also have other barefoot shoes and the quality is really awesome for all of them.

25. nick says:

I have been purchasing Mountain Masochist Sneakers from Montrail all purpose running sneakers A little pricey but they last pretty long. Picket them u @ moo shoes A vegan store in Manhattan they do deliver and are run by a couple of eco friendly girls from Queens NY,
    Kevin do u sell oregano oil I could not find it in your store if not which company do u recommend?

26. deasi says:

Thanks for what you’re doing, it gives me more clarity scanning on all massive information of health, keep up the good work ^_^

27. Ry says:

I recommend Inner-Eco for probiotics.

28. Sue Rushford says:

I tried the Vibrams and could not get them on my feet, around each toe.

I absolutely LOVE my hot pink Newton Distance Us, as in Isaac Newton, as in the law of conservation of energy, the law of universal gravitation, and the laws of motion.

I also love anything by Jameth Sheridan as well.

I’ve had oil of oregano for a while now – just never knew what to do with it – I’ll have to search your archives for ideas….

Great episode – thanks, as always πŸ™‚

– Sue

29. Best Spoonable Raw Chocolate? Rite Chocolate (www.ritechocolate.com)! It’s made with raw and organic ingredients and sweetened with local (to Maine) raw honey!

But I’m biased… ; )

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

P.S. TOTALLY agree with the chaga! It’s amazing! We keep a crockpot of it going DAILY!

30. Lisa Alston says:

I’ve been following you guys for a while. Thanks SO much for this great video.

I’ve had a Vitamix for a while and love it!

But, I’m definitely going to check out some of your other recommendations.

Be blessed!

Lisa

31. Cindy says:

Great series. My 5 top products right now are the Vitamix, coconut oil, raw apple cider vinegar, Adya Clarity, & Kyolic Formula 103.

32. oreganol says:

I certainly agree with oreganol. I am still waiting for my chaga mushrooms to arrive.

33. Sarah says:

Thanks for the show. I really appreciate you talking about great products. I respect your opionion and am excited to try some of these products out.

34. Cheryl Quibell says:

I use Sunrider foods every day and wish that I could afford to use more of them. The more I hear about what your body needs, the more I realize that I can get all those things from Sunrider foods. However, it is a multilevel marketing company, but that does not mean that the products are not excellent. I notice a real difference in the before and after phases.

35. Sharon says:

Best health appliance: Inversion table.

Best sweetener: yacon syrup. Definitely! Stevia is yucky in my opinion. Tastes like soap. Yacon is a great replacement for agave in chocolate and healthy too.

Best Wild Food: blackberries

Can’t say I have real favorites with the rest. I’m always experimenting.

36. Cherry Tye says:

Shoes: my grandfather was Cherokee. I think the Native Americans led the way in foot care. Nothing beats a soft moccasin or boot made from hide that is scrapped and decorated by hand. They can even be water proofed. They may not be trendy but they cover the criteria here which is eco friendly and comfortable/non restrictive. Who knows. Maybe we will start a trend. Cant be any worse than some of those wild looking things I have seen clomping along with heels that look like jack hammers with toes so pointed that they could trap a cochroach in the corner and splat him into oblivion. Give me a moccasin.
    Regarding Adya, I did order some for my husband who has terrible yeast issues. I think his breath (might be) getting better after 4 weeks on the super shots. I take super shots also but notice nothing different in my body. I only struggle with adrenal and thyroid issues at certain times so maybe that is why. But I do have a question. I ordered from Matt and Angela because I feel they are honest. What I am about to say is not to question their honesty but to understand a discrepency. While watching their video on Adya I noticed they had a 33.8oz (I believe 8 was the tenth oz size) and it had a round emblem at the top of the label. Mine is 32oz without the emblem. Later in the week I ran across some comments written by someone else that mentioned that some of the Adja being sold was rebottled and watered down by some suppliers. There was also some bad mouthing aimed toward Matt. You know how it is. I am sure like anything else there are unfair and unjustified comments due to the selfish competition in your field and others. That is why I like you guys. You remove yourselves from that and handle negative comments that need to be made in a diplomatic way without being cutting. I feel Matt and Angela are that way also and I would address this to them but I have not found a way to do that. Since there were other comments on your site about Adya and being a chance you will speak on it in the future I was hoping you could share about the difference in our product verses the one they display and also the comment about some being relabeled and watered down. They had mentioned that the 32oz was the original and to be aware of the 33.8 bottles which does not make sense due to the fact that Matt had a 33.8 and shipped a 32. Just a bit confused. Looking forward to your updates on this product and cautions to watch for.

You guys feel like family and like so many others like me, I enjoy you coming into my home.

Cherry

37. ben says:

Some links to specific products would be nice..

For example what form do you take these in:

Chaga, Nettles, holy basil

(pills/powder supplement or used in cooking, taken by itself??)

38. Karen says:

My favorite thing this year has to be coconut oil which I use a lot – even topical. BTW, just how do you take oregano oil anyway? Guys, thanks for your best of series!

39. Bill says:

Kevin have you seen the chemical analysis of Sunwarrior protein and if so can you comment on the content?

40. cid says: