Renegade Health Best of People 2010 : The Renegade Health Show Episode #730

Monday Dec 27 | BY |

This year, we’re going to lay out the “Best of 2010” from the health world…

We’ve asked your for your categories and have added them to our own.

This first installment is in the category of “People.”

The subcategories include: Most Influential Health Leader, Making the Most Difference, Best Health Blogger, Best Health News Site, as well as some fun ones like Best Dressed and Most Likely to be Searched by TSA.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What are your winners for these categories?

Making the Most Difference:

Top Dog: John Kohler
Runner Up: Matt Monarch

Notable Health Blogger:

Top Dog: Sean Croxton – www.UndergroundWellness.com
Runner Up: Kris Carr – http://crazysexylife.com/

1. Joseph DiMasi says:

Love that you had a shout out to Sean Croxtin! Great guy…

2. I Love the list guys. I’ve only been following you guys for about 4 months now. But you guys are definitely my number 1 pick for Raw Food.

3. nancy says:

what about kevin & anne-marie gianny
    after all they’re the ones that make all of this possible…
    you bring us so much
    love you guys,
    you’re the best!

i like cass ingram too
    (he’s so sexy)

4. Greg Martin says:

Still have not been able to find anyone out there with all the info. that Dr. Sherry A. Rogers has. Have to read her books two or three times just to begin to grasp the depth of her understanding. prestigepublishing.com Happy Holidays!

5. Sharon says:

Fun topic! Here’s a few not on your list that should be(which is pretty good by the way!)

Health Brainiacs: Dr. Rick Dina

Most likely to be hand searched: Daniel Vitalis and what about Matt’s wife Angela?

Creatively dressed? Less is more? How about Dan McDonald? My husband described him as “have you seen that crazy guy on youtube with no shirt on who pushes tons of stuff through his juicer”, LOL…got him into juicing so he’s effective! The no-shirt look is working!

Top alternative health practitioner….what about Dr. Theresa Dale???? You guys need to get studying her stuff more! All the good food and nutrition in the world will do little good if you miss out on what she’s doing. She’s getting the issues at the SOURCE! Also what about Dr. Gabriel Cousens? Reversing Diabetes. That’s huge news!

I agree that Jamie Oliver is FANTASTIC. The man has incredible passion and I really hope he continues to get this message out for many years to come.

I hope next year we will see under “Making the Most Difference” Anthony Anderson of Blackbird Naturals. Please,if you’re reading this,support his cause which is all of our causes…BUY HIS SEEDS! Here’s an article that explains his mission nicely: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/11/gorgeous-dumpster-diving-male-model-uses-beauty-to-achieve-food-forest-dream.php

6. Josh says:

Jamie Oliver? Seriously? He has no clue about nutrition. His heart is in the right place, but he just feeds people fresher crap. I don’t get this, at all. :\

7. RW says:

My nomination for the ‘Most Fun and Informative Health improvement Blog in 2010’ is:
    The Renegade Health Show
    Thanks Kevin and Annmarie Gianni!

8. Cherie says:

That was fun. Love your hair cut! Have a great new year 🙂

9. Donaji says:

that was a great list! it’s fun to see names we’re familiar with but also to inform us of those we still haven’t gotten around to! Thanks for putting this together 🙂

10. Colleen says:

Great list and picks you guys! I would have thrown Daniel Vitalis in there somewhere. And….on a totally unrelated note, Kevin, if your eyes get any bluer (is that a word?)I just may have to put my suit on and dive in!! lol I loved your longer hair, but your eyes are stunning with your hair short. I wish you guys the very best of health and happiness in 2011. ~Colleen~

11. Whit says:

Best Herbalist: Jameth Sheridan
    Health Brainiacs: Dr. Rick Dina
    Health Blogger: you guys, thanks!

12. Brynda says:

WHAT?? David Wolfe only gets noted for his “outfits”??? tsk tsk

13. oreganol says:

I’m sure you two should be on there somewhere. You would definitely win Most Entertaining Video Health Blog. Watching you guys is like watching a soap, with the bonus that we get to learn stuff as well.

14. Ineke says:

I really like your list. I’m familiar with quite a number of them. Some I know better than others. I mostly agree with you guys. However, i would like to see Brian Clement rated a bit differently then just by looking at his clothes. May be “the best scientific LIVING foods” practitioner? IN FACT, I find his sense of fashion a bit out of style but you’re right; his hair is always perfect. I totally agree that Jamie Oliver deserves a spot on this list and it makes me so happy that you put him on there because he is committed to the younger generations and he is so passionate about it. I’m so glad that you guys “see” this. I have one more “the best of” to add and that would be “the best un-cooking chef” which is to my mind Cherie Soria. Other then that: I really respect Michael Pollan as well and also Dr Williams and Dr Mercola

15. Vondana Shiva, best Food Activist
    YOU GUYS!, best educators!

16. David Barriga says:

Sorry, guys I can’t pick thelist singley, I vote all, plus others that believe in these words: “Let thy Food be thy Medicine”

17. linda says:

Tonya Zavasta and Jameth Sheridan are my top picks. also Colin T Campbell and Edward Group.
    Jamie Oliver? is he raw? he dosnt even look healthy. or are their two people with the same name?… really????

18. Brenda says:

Interesting, very few women on your list. So many people are making a significant difference in the holistic health realm. These and a bazillion more. YEAH! We are changing the health of the world.

19. Kuru says:

Most lovable alarmist: Dr. Mercola!

20. Barbara says:

What about Dr Robert Young and the ph-theory.
    He and Dr Mercola does not seem to get along very well. Would love to hear your thoughts about that.
    Sophia

21. Love the list and have to agree with Brenda: where are the women? What about influential kids? My kid’s (Morgan, aka “Mo”) been doing the Sweet Peas Podcast with us for almost 2 years. She asks fantastic questions and brings a great energy to our family-centric show. What other kids are other there rockin’ the health world?

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate
    1/3 of the Sweet Peas Podcast Team

22. Erika says:

yup… I agree, you people should be in the list too!

And to answer your questions: they are all winners.

Thanks for doing this.

23. Mark says:

Thanks for sharing.

You guys are so giving.

Mark

24. Stephanie says:

You forgot 2 of the most important people of the year…Kevin and Annmarie Gianni

I love what you guys do and I have been following for a year. Keep up the Awesome work!!

25. Jan says:

Great list. Thanks for reaching out and educating us but most important thanks for touching our hearts and souls. Best to you with every breath. Love and Gratitude,Jan.

26. Nettie says:

Dr. Robert O. Young should be mentioned too. His years of research on the effects of acid/alkaline on the body is worth everyone’s attention. Life altering stuff.

27. HarDarshan says:

Top person promoting health right now:
    David Wolfe. He tirelessly promotes super health in a dynamic and accessible way. His book The Sunfood Diet Success System and Eating for Beauty, as well as Amazing Grace, is changing my life!

Runner up:
    Craig Sommers, ND. His book The Raw Foods Bible began my serious journey into raw foods, via the excellent and very gentle gall bladder cleanse that is included in his book. He is a Kundalini yogi and provides supplements and foods to lots of people!

28. LeAnn says:

Gabriel Cousins needs to on that list!!! He is making a huge impact on the entire WORLD!

29. Dorothy says:

Bill Henderson, great books on natural non- toxic guides to Cancer Free healing

30. Andreia says:

Great Idea!!! I love The Best Of For 2010″ I give you two so much Thanks for being the biggest part of my 2010!!! Loads of gratitude for all that you share to help change the health of the world, one show at a time. 😀 Happy, Healthy 2011!!!

31. Linda says:

What about Truth Caulkins?

32. James Israel says:

Health Expert Most Likely to be Hand Searched by Airport Security= paul nison hands down!!!lol. this is off base of the topic….something none of you guys are talking about…not sure why when its huge and has to do with health=CHEMTRAILS. this is a huge problem and is being missed by all the big dogs, you guys have the ability to reach thousands of people….im very upset!!! not sure if you guys dont belive in this or what. i challange you guys to take this on!! kev your news letter said your going bigger this new year….here you go. if you guys belive in it or not i think you owe the people some clarity about this, what people can do?? how you can protect yourself and your family. come on you guys someones gotta break the ice=the journey starts with one step=shalom

33. Gordy says:

Happy Holidays Kevin & Annmarie!!

The lists and acknowledgment of inspirational MENTORS is a great idea! More new names, sites and research for my awakening to share… Thanks!
    Love your shows and your commitment to continue health awareness and bring change to the world!!

With the help of you guys and many other greats out there…
    I truly believe in the next couple of years and with the help of all the research, instruction, informational content that is being shared, we can really begin to UNDO some or most of the conventional practices that have mislead us for decades!

Keep up the torch!

Love, Gordy

34. Carmen Turner says:

I would Like to add David Warr and his lovely daughter Jen, co-owners of the Chokla Tree Cafe in Sedona, Az for making a huge difference in raising the bar and consciousness of restaurant dining and introducing a raw, healthy and delicious snack line to the publc – as well as making some of the best raw chocolate on the planet! They have created a successful model for healthy dining coupled with intentional community networking and building, so valuable in today’s uncertain world.. I live in Boston, Mass and whenever I visit the Chokla Tree Cafe in Sedona I know I will see someone I know or meet someone that I am supposed to get to know and I will be surprised in a mystical way! Their food and work is magical and notable! Kudos to both!

35. Patty says:

I have to agree with Brynda and HarDarshan – David Wolfe deserves more credit.

36. Frank Jensen says:

I would add a person like Jon Barron to your watchlist. He is always good for good scientific information and quite an objective view. http://www.jonbarron.org.

Frankly, I am surprised that he is not on any of your list and also never mentioned…

37. Tim Moore says:

Happy Holidays you guys… I have to agree with the post about David Wolfe. He is definately on the forefront. There’s just something about him. I’m always seeking new info on how to go to that next level. But I always keep coming back and trying to find new material from David. He is loaded with knowledge and always gives credit to where he’s getting his info. He has the right mixture of what you need to know… and knows how to present it. Thanks for the list as well… There’s a few that I haven’t heard of and this gives me some new names to research and check out.
    Best wishes to you guys and all the difference y’all are making as well.

38. Lori Bergman says:

In case you haven’t already heard of him, I recommend you learn more about the great works of Dr. Adiel Tel-Oren (“Dr. T”). Here’s his website:

I have personally met him and he is awesome.

39. Suzanne says:

Health Brainiacs: My number one choice in all your guests has to be Dr. Cass. I had the opportunity to meet him in person this year and he walks his talk – very impressed in how he speaks “people language” when making a presentation in front of a group. I’ve followed his body type dietary suggestions and what a difference it has made for my entire family! Simple and healthy plans for anyone to follow that give very positive results. I couldn’t ask for more – except to hear more from him on your show!He should definitely be recognized for the BRAINIAC he is!