Poisoned By Supplements! (The Dark Side of Natural Health) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #724

Friday Dec 17 | BY |

This episode is pretty serious business…

Today, Elaine Wilkes shares her story of how she was unknowingly poisoned with supplements.

You have to check this out…

Your question of the day: What different in this frame? LOL! (Or what are your thoughts about Elaine’s story?)

To read more about Elaine Wilkes, please click here: http://www.elainewilkes.com/

1. molly says:

Nice hair cut ^..^

2. James Israel says:

your hair!!! looks very nice kev!!! i also love hearing shows on the power of positive thinking. good job!!

3. Brenda says:

Anything different? You don’t usually have a Christmas Tree in the background. OR are you referring to your hair all tightly pulled back? Hmm?

4. Jocelyne says:

I hope you have a hat and a scarf Kevin!

5. Lola says:

Are you kidding, Kevin? Can’t miss that haircut! While I admired your curls (why do men always get the curls? I’ve never figured that out) your clean cut hair is refreshing. Nice for a change!
    As to Elaine… she had some really good advice.I always enjoy your guests. Thanks!

6. cid says:

Yes the difference is your hair,who could not notice LOL
    Love your hair Kevin looks really good.

great show..plus scary.

7. JEAN says:

kEVIN, DID YOU TAKE TOO MUCH SELENIUM?

YOU LOOK GREAT

8. Velda says:

Kevin, you look fabulous, darling 🙂 Nice haircut and beard trim. Great look for you. Christmas tree in the background is very pretty. May you and Annmarie have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!!

9. Chris Armstrong says:

the most importiant part of any decison or action is to take responceabilty for yourself

10. crow says:

Your hair is slicked back.

11. Muriel says:

Love your new look, haircut and beard trimmed.
    Hope Anne Marie loves it.
    Also enjoy the sincerity and information from Elaine.

12. Really needed this. Strange how that works.

13. Candy says:

Your HAIR of course….Looks great Kevin….but I like curls too!!!

Great interview on supplements! I take no supplements at all because of many reasons. I have for a long time wondered do we REALLY know what is in them anyway and they are processed from food…so why not eat the whole food instead. I think the only way to know you are getting what you need and not what you don’t need is just to eat a well balanced diet of awesome good food that feeds your body what it needs. If you need selunium eat foods that have that in it, if you need iodine eat foods that contain that…this way you are sure to know.

I love your show and you provide GREAT information…Thank you both so very much!!!

Happy Holidays Kevin and Ann Marie!!!

14. roni says:

its definitely time for some kind of standardizations and regulation for the supplement industry, in the same way that currently exists for organic food. It would be a shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater, because we can get a lot of benefits from supplements and herbs, when prepared and used correctly. I prepare tinctures for my own use, and occasionally give them to friends, but I know that they are not standardized – I have to muscle test before I take anything for myself or give it to anyone else!

first the suit, now the haircut – whoa – what’s next? a tie every day? :))

15. First thing I noticed, sharp hair cut. Good interview.

16. Thanks so much for this.. I am sharing it with everyone. So many of my clients disagree with me that i am anti supplement unless absolutely necessary. Thanks!

17. Lori says:

Nice hair cut and nice tree decorating job!

18. Sharon says:

Is there a little ponytail behind your head? That doesn’t look like a cut to me!

19. Yves says:

It looks like you cut your hair short but most likely you pulled them back 🙂

Yves.

20. Satori says:

your hair!!! hope it’s not because of the bad supplements Elaine was talking about! Supplements that cause hair loss…LOL

21. Rita says:

Kevin….. THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU….for getting your hair cut. You’re a pretty nice looking guy NOW….. You were really beginning to scare me……

22. Nick says:

Another question this other show begs of you to answer is if i take my supplements with my green smoothie in the morning, do i risk pissing out what becomes the excess my body can’t process only cuz i’m taking them all at once & with an already nutrient-rich smoothie — that if i spaced my supplement intake out, or at least after i digested my smoothie I’d absorb more, over all? Isn’t this, tho not as harmful, another thing to watch out for? Food & supplements are so darned expensive, and oughtn’t be wasted, either way, eh?

23. Brianna says:

A hair cut?!? That’s what it looks like (looking good, if so!). Otherwise, it’s pulled back :/ Great episode. Thanks!

24. MARIFRAZAK says:

Nice face lift. You look ten years younger for sure in the frame. You must be trying something special and promote later for others to use. (LOL)

25. Angie says:

I loved Kevin’s hair before. I hope it’s not gone. If so your new look is nice too.

26. That is why Whole Food supplements with nothing added and nothing taken away including the electrical life force, are the ideal, safe supplements.
    Whole Food supplements are compatible with the cells of the body just like nature intended.
    More at ProvenHealthSolutions.net and Energy.2Life.com

27. Andrew says:

Um… That’s a new shirt, right?

28. Tammy says:

hmmm, kinda does look like your hair is just pulled back to fool us 😉

29. Greg says:

I’ve been thinking about get my regular buzz cut but this winter is expected to be the coldest in the last 60 years or so here in the Pacific Northwest. So, keeping the hair for extra warmth is probably a good move. May you get a great new knit hat and scarf from Santa and maybe some ear muffs, too. You will definitely need them now.

30. Jennie_Raw says:

is it just me or are the voices a bit faster and higher pitch toward the end of the call? did you have to speed it up to fit it in the 10-minute mark?
    all of a sudden i was startled by the sound of chipmunks talking about hair loss and vitamin overdosage! 😉

31. Aga says:

Elaine mentioned prescriptions, in Poland, where I live, you need prescription to buy vit. D.

32. Paul says:

Great hair cut! Merry Christmas! Appreciate all the work you do to put on these shows. I have learned so much listening to you and Annmarie.

33. Barbara W. says:

Looks like the hair is pulled back, not a haircut 🙂

34. Diane says:

LOVE your new look!! I greatly enjoy your show. I like that you are honest about not having all the answers… that you are on a search for truth. Keep it up!

35. Beverly says:

Short hair looks so good on you. Hope Annmarie likes it. Blessings to you both this Christmas season.

36. Norma says:

There was a research study published in the J.A.N.A., Winter 2000 reporting that 97.5% of natural products tested were either toxic or non-effective. I only use Premier Research Lab products and only what I test for by my QRA Practitioners : )

37. nick says:

I hope you get a hooded jacket if u r going to stay in the north east this winter:) Supplements and even food that you buy from people you do not know are scary. Other then vitamin b12 and I am not sure if it is really needed but I just take it as a precaution and vitamin D because I live in the northeast are the only supplements I take right now but once I move to central or south america and eat most of my food from wild plants supplements will be unnecessary!!!!

38. Kristine says:

From what I have learned, I try now to take only whole food supplements. It is good to hear cautionary tales. Any one of us can get carried away. Thank you.

39. Elaine says:

Great show!! This lady is right on! Know your company, know how and from whom they source their raw materials, know how they process and be sure there’s quality control!! You get what you pay for!
    I’ve just had an experience with stainless steel water bottles. I have always used glass bottles for my water because I put YL essential oils in my drinking water every day. Well, I started using the SS water bottles the way I use glass and after about 2 weeks of drinking my water from those SS water bottles, I had a dizzy spell which lasted 36 hours. Realizing the SS water bottles may be the culprit, I switches back to my glass bottles and guess what…. 24 hours later, no more dizziness. The oils were leaching something out of the SS water bottles. Good bye SS water bottles!!!!
    I use ONLY supplements that I’ve thoroughly researched with the above criteria and the advice of people I know and trust. I certainly don’t want the FDA telling me what I can and cannot use!
    Oh…….Kev’s hair, the lovely Christmas tree, Johnny 5’s voice… and you’re NOT doing this video on the RV!
    Merry Christmas!

40. Kuru says:

Really, what IS magnesium stearate, which is found in even the brands we think of as quality. I still take some though, and can really tell in 3 days if I miss my hair formula. I always feel good after taking them too, and find that taking an enzyme with them makes everything work better.

Well, I liked the curls, but I think you look more intelligent this way, Kevin. And it seems to make your teeth look smaller. 🙂 Any way you do it, you’re still pretty cute. Let us hear from AnnMarie, ok?

41. Gen says:

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin — hair keeps us warm in the winter! If that is an actual haircut, it looks great. Very refreshing. Time for a change. If it’s just pulled back (to please your mom?) it looks good too, especially with the trimmed beard.

Best wishes to you and your families for a very Merry Christmas, and likewise to all who read these posts.

42. REALLY loved this series of interviews with Elaine. Today was especially potent – especially her advice at the end. Thank you both!

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

43. Lorien says:

I loved your hair Kevin, is it really gone? I only do whole food suppliments and then only for specific things.

44. Vonciele says:

I hope the hair is just pulled back, the longer the better in my opinion. It does keep you warm in the winter and you do have great hair.

I feel that we need to keep it natural and not overdo on supplements. I do take B12, Vit D, and a couple of others that are right for me, but I don’t take them daily. I have had bad results when I load myself up with supplements. Listen to your body.

45. Vaughn Michael says:

Hey Kev…………..your hair!……….selenium OD?……LOL…..Just Kidding Pal…It looks great!

46. freedom fighter says:

lol your hair is shorter Anne Marie must of had a part in this lol

47. Beth says:

Enjoyed this segment.
    How do you like having your hair pulled back? Easier? Less bothersome? Do you still think it is there even when it is pulled back?
    Personally, I think it looks nice both ways.

48. Barry says:

almost a word-4-word quote from a widely published naturopath:The sickest people who come into my office are the ones megadosing suppliments–guy comes in one day to show me a SUITCASE full of his current suppliments;maybe $2000 worth.I was in a MLM-suppliment co where some former,burned ol’timers knew of HUNDREDS of health catastrophes from distibutors being pressured into buying and consuming $500-3000/month of miracle-suppliment,of which only $140/mo was the co basic recommendation+all kinds of flake raw vegan preaching.nobody had even heard of Fred or Doug or Wolfe.

49. Elaine is a MORON.

Dr: Here, take this.

Elaine: OK!

Didn’t research didn’t look into it and it never dawned on her, “oh I just starting taking these pills, an I feel like shit, must be the pills.”

I live in a very hippy dippy area and both my parents work in health care. I’ve heard endless stories about people like this who needlessly fuck themselves up with this shit.

We do not need to be taking this much stuff.
    Here’s an expert tip; 6 pills per day everyday of anything is TOO MUCH.

The supplement industry is totally unregulated there’s no way to really tell what you’re getting in that bottle.

Watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger, they have a piece in it about the supplement industry and how you can put pretty much whatever you want in a capsule and there’s not much recourse.

Use some critical thinking skills people.