How to Find Out if You’re an Adrenal Type : The Renegade Health Show Episode #711

Tuesday Nov 30, 2010 | BY |

Today, we have more with Dr. Cass Ingram…

In this episode, Dr. Ingram talks about adrenal and pituitary body types and how you can identify if you’re one or more of them.

Your question of the day: Do you think you’re an adrenal or pituitary type?

To read more about Dr. Cass Ingram and North American Herb and Spice, please click here: http://www.p-73.com/

1. Brianna says:

I really have no idea which type I am! I didn’t match up with pituitary or adrenal type. But if I had to choose one that I matched more, it would be adrenal.

I need an expert to analyze my physical features and tendencies I guess :)

2. Joseph says:

Wow…. more & more interesting!

Is there a book which goes into this stuff in detail?

3. I think I’m a pituitary type

4. kyle says:

My clavical bones protrude wayyy out.
    My ring and index fingers are the same length.
    My hair is not thick but not thin either.
    My chin is actually kind of big, but so is my dad’s. He is definitely a thyroid though.

5. Chris says:

Sounds to me like a combination of some pituitary and some adrenal. .. .

6. Love the 4th amendment wear to the right, Kevin. I’m gettin me some of those for Christmas gifts, lol

7. James says:

When he says Adrenal type or Thyroid type what does that mean, is he saying it is weak or strong?

8. Kurt says:

I’m a mix between thyroid and adrenal type it seems. I have longer ring fingers than my index fingers, signifying a thyroid type, a relatively prominent chin, and my teeth don’t look like they’re overcrowded.

On the other hand, I have a prominent clavicle, and a protruding belly, although it’s not below my belly button. I think it’s more due to clogged intestines.

I dunno.

9. Muriel says:

Definately adrenal, now it would be interesting to know what diet is best for each type.

10. Amanda says:

This is a fascinating interview. I would love to have been there in person. Quite likely adrenal but perhaps a bit of thyroid as well, if that’s possible. Great show.

11. Roxy Harte says:

I’m leaning toward pituitary…but still not sure:(

12. shenti says:

hmmm I’m a bit confused…

how important are the finger lengths? I fit all the other physical descriptions for adrenal (clavicles, retreated chin, etc), except that my index is like 0.5cm shorter than my ringfinger. Also, he did not describe the behavioural-cognitive symptoms for the adrenal type, does anyone know what they are?

Thank you! Interesting video plus loooooved that he could defend his statements with some scientific facts =)

13. Bridey says:

Wow, I feel like I have a well rounded portion of all the types!? It is the same as when I take a Dosha test, I score evenly in all three. I guess I am a tri-dosha. What whould I be in this type of body type?? Hmmm?

14. Jan says:

This is confusing but interesting. I would like to know if you can be a combination of all types. After you figure out which type you are what can be done about it?
    I enjoy these shows. Thanks for providing this information.

15. Ed says:

Spare me from the next segment.

16. Barbara W. says:

Leaning toward Adrenal type.

17. Ed says:

relitively weak presentation

18. Ed says:

Who, put this 70’s crap online as fact. Zodiac is the source not science. waiting for footnotes.

19. Kim says:

I always have thyroid symptoms and don’t have one anymore, but adrenal body type really fit. Waiting

20. Ed says:

Genetic expression as opposed to finger figureing, dimple assed people should rise up and take control. Genetic expression is all we have, finger crap can be reversed. Express your genes, don’t listen to CRAP.Dr. Cass Ingram could not have felt this little talk would go viral.Fact Based finding are not hard to finger out,this finding belongs in zodiac readings, or perhaps esoteric vibrations I have not heard of…

21. Ed says:

If my finger length means so much why try to begin with, don’t condense my life in your terms. Dr Cass Ingram you are weak.

22. louise says:

Adrenal for sure!
    Thank you, very intersting to move on.

23. Lissette says:

I am a combination of adrenal and pituitary, I guess.

24. This stuff is way, waaay, waaaaay, too complicated. And I suspect there are multiple correlations with the physical features described that are way different from metabolic types and choosing metabolic types is like uuhhhh….. And then what do you do? Does that give us license to eat something that other data indicates does not correlate with a healthy body in any population? I don’t know.

The answer my friends is blowin’ in the wind and is really simple. Eat mostly fresh fruits and vegetables, mostly raw, most of the time. And mostly, listen to your body, deep down inside your body knows what is true. It is the mind, perhaps in conspiracy with an addicted body, that wants that plate of luscious soft cheeses and a nice Chardonnay, or fish, or gourmet organic vanilla ice cream with that nice fresh mango, or whatever leads to temporary pleasure but not necessarily to true happiness in the body and the mind’s relationship to the body. Just breathe deeply and listen to what your mind/body really wants. If metabolic typing is true, you will get the answer about what is right for you. If metabolic typing is just another ho…hum theory, guess what, you will still get the answer about what is right for you. And usually it will include lots of fresh whole plants….

Listen Deeplu

25. Kelly says:

Still loving this info. I would have to say I would be an adrenal type.

26. Angie says:

I am adrenal to a T! Every description of adrenal, I am or have. So what would best diet to fit that. More specific then raw fruits and veggies.

27. Darlene Santano says:

I think I lean more toward pituitary although I do have a prominent clavicle. My body fat tends to be around my stomach, although there’s less of it now that I’ve changed my diet. Probably more of a mixed type?

28. josephinesped says:

I am a thyroid. I definitely need a low glycemic diet to stay healthy and functional. Eating a non-fat diet when I am eating a lot of fruit, or eating some fats only when I am not eating fruit for the next few hours, helps me handle the blood sugar without getting weird.

29. Veronika says:

I don’t fit any of the categories by physical appearance alone, and I don’t suffer from most of the symptoms he described. But the study on thyroid and oxygen was incredibly interesting.

30. Vitamin B12 says:

Now I’m confused. I seem to be partly thyroid type and partly adrenal type, although some of the traits are the complete opposite of what I’m like. Can you be a mixture of two types?

31. Vitamin B12 says:

Listen Deeplu – eating lots of raw food doesn’t work for me at all. It makes me feel weak, exhausted, drained of energy and has me looking very drawn. And that’s just the start. Raw food may suit some people, but there are lots for who it is completely unsutable. 30-50% raw is my limit.

32. Vitamin B12 says:

Ed – if you don’t agree, then don’t bother watching.

33. Jocelyne says:

I recon I am more pituitary than anything.

34. Dee says:

Adrenal fit for me. Great info. Does he have a book on this?

35. CINDY says:

kevin
    listen to this lecture on adrenal health—
    just stroll down to dr james wilson
    THE OTHER LECTURE’S ARE ALSO GREAT!!!!!!IT’S ON WOMEN’S HEALTHE BUT GREAT FOR MEN
    ALSO.
    CINDY

36. Beth says:

Sounds like I am an adrenal type.
    Very interesting stuff.

37. Sheila says:

Found the information extremely interesting and informative. I will research more on this topic. Thank you. What is the name of Dr Ingram’s book?

38. Sandy says:

Just a bit confused…. it starts out talking about adrenals vs pitutitary but then it’s talking about thyroid??? What the….. which is it?

39. Malvin says:

This is fascinating stuff!
    I’m definately pituitary type. That explains so many things. So I googled more about it and it seems that meat is like the best product for me. I think I can substitute it with nuts etc. But could it really be that fresh vegies are not that good for my type:(? I’m confused on that.
    Waiting for more!

40. Eve says:

I think this guy is mixing fact (androgen in utero effect on relative index finger length) with a lot of good ol’ homespun BS.

Variation in genetic influence explains most of these individual component factors. They so not generally occur grouped as he groups them…as you can see from reading thru just these comments above!

41. Violet says:

Definitely an adrenal type. I even had headgear as a tween to pull out my recessed chin. I hope this is going somewhere, like lifestyle recommendations? Tho at 41 I’ve pretty much figured put what works for me, and it’s not a vegan or raw diet. It’s going to bed early and not drinking any alcohol. No wonder I tried everything else before that! Lol!

42. Angie Smith says:

Now that I listen to this, I realize I have symptoms & physical features of all three types, which makes sense because my whole endocrine system has had problems for many years (maybe my whole life). I’m waiting for his diet & lifestyle recommendations for pituitary & adrenal types. His thyroid type recommendations are dead on as to what works for me, along with salt for my afternoon energy crashes relating to poor adrenal function. I’m curious to know the pituitary type recommendations – as well as more on adrenals – to see if there’s something else I haven’t figured out yet.

43. Lorra says:

I seriously don’t think I’m any of them.

44. Page says:

Finally watching these – I’m definitely adrenal.

45. Mark Brend says:

Hi,
    This is sound like really great information.
    Could I have it in laymen’s English, so I can apply it to my daily routine.
    I am about 60% – 80% raw vegan so what unprocessed plant / seed etc do i need to add to my diet to get the benefits mentioned in this video.

Many thank