How To Identify Your Body Type for Better Health : The Renegade Health Show Episode #710

Monday Nov 29 | BY |

A few months ago, I went to Northern Manitoba with Dr. Cass Ingram and the North American Herb and Spice team…

The event was a wild food tour and it was awesome.

There were lectures, wild food hunts and more.

Today, I’m going to share the first of a few videos from this event.

This first video is a part of a lecture on body typing and how to identify your type.

Your question of the day: Do you think you’re a thyroid type? Yes or no?

To read more about Dr. Cass Ingram and North American Herb and Spice, please click here: http://www.p-73.com/

1. louise says:

not thyroid type for me!

2. Elaina Harman says:

Some symptoms seems to say yes but others he mentioned do not apply, what then?

3. Jessica says:

I have some of the features, but not all of them. Is it possible to be multiple types? I am looking forward to hearing about the characteristics of the other types. Thanks Kev!

4. Sue Paterson says:

I don’t think so. My hunch is adrenal with some over compensation happening somewhere which affects everything. We’ll see after hearing the rest of the body types. Thanks. Very interesting.

5. Chris G says:

No I do not think I am a thyroid type. I have a very difficult time putting on weight period.

6. Angel Ward says:

I want to hear the rest….. I haven’t heard mine yet, can’t wait!! (suspect adrenals LOL)

7. Muriel says:

I definately don’t think i am the thyroid type.
    I would be willing to bet i am the adrenal type.
    Can’t wait to hear more about the subject.
    Was there a third type?

8. Kamara says:

Not a thyroid type. Thin facial features, skin and hair, weight gain evenly distributed not just anteriorly.

9. Jessic a says:

Not at all. He did mention that adrenal types have thinner facial skin so I think this is probably me. I also feel amazing when I take an adrenal support so this must be true but I will follow your next videos to be certain. 🙂 Awesome video Kevin! Thanks for sharing.

10. Brianna says:

Nope! I don’t think I’m a thyroid type, because most of the symptoms didn’t match me.

11. OMG I’m totally a thyroid type! Thick skin, When I gain weight it’s all in the stomach area, even though I’m 120 lbs and 5’2, a little sag in the face, flat bottom. Help me Kevin, what do I need to do to remedy my situation????

12. Jen says:

Yes, from the described symptoms it sounds like I am a thyroid type.

13. Anne says:

Hi,

I do not think I’m a Thyroid type. I don’t have thick facial features nor hair and skin. I also tend to put on weight evenly or everywhere when I do. I also have a bum.

About drooping skin, mouth corners and eyes…not sure. I have one eye corner pointing down and the other is level I think.

Does this have anything to do with parasympathetic types and sympathetic types, fast oxidizer and slow that G. Cousens talks about?

Thanks for this precious info
    Anne

14. Angie Leigh says:

Not sure, I need more information. What do we do about it anyway once we find out? How do we use our body type information to improve our health?

15. Cathy says:

A question actually..you may have already answered this…but do you juice or blend your daily head(s) of lettuce?

16. Souki says:

Not sure. i have belly fat but I put weight all around my hips. I do have a flat butt but it is wide. So tell me where I stand?

17. Joseph DiMasi says:

Awesome ‘Typing’ concept!

I’ve always enjoyed the body-typing of Ayruveda and TCM/Taoist medicine. And, I do think there’s a lot to the Metabolic Typing for different nutritional needs. …but bringing to the Endocrine System and the Glands is just a *fantastic* way to look at it.

I’d bet that very soon all of ‘Types’ converge in the near future of health with some more measurable aspects like hormones/blood testing, etc, and provide for better preventable health.

(clearly not a Thyroid Type!) 😉

18. Christopher says:

Based on what I’m finding it looks like I am mostly thyroid.

19. Leila says:

Pretty sure I’m a thyroid type judging from this description. What to do?

20. Jocelyne says:

Really interesting information.
    Would this correspond to Ayurvedic typing of Kapa, Pitta, Vata?

21. Chris says:

Not me. . . thin wispy hair. . .and thin skin. . . I’ll be waiting to hear what type that is. . perhaps adrenal?

22. Dosnt sound like me, i have a great butt and im not droopy at all.
    This is cool stuff to learn i reckon! Looking forward to the other episodes to find out my type!

23. My type is Human. Though I know Kevin’s heart is in the right place. This is absolute BS as are 1/2 the things that are said on this site. Herbs are INCAPABLE of healing the human body as are meds (they work in the EXACT same way).

Happy to debate this issue with Kevin and the Dr and to make it fair I will tie 1/2 my brain behind my back 🙂

Dr. Charles Partito N.D. / Raw Nutritionist

24. Rose Weaver says:

I am definitely the thyroid type! Can’t wait to hear more!

25. Tandi says:

I found this very interesting because I have had blood tests done and have taken my basal body temperature and my thyroid is low. My basal temperature is usually 96.8 and my free T3 and T4 are low, however I have none of these signs of being a thyroid type.

I have very fine wispy hair, soft skin, gain weight on my torso everywhere including my back, I do not have droopy eyes or face at all.

I have no idea what type I would be because I do not have a thin face and I do put on weight easily. I don’t think you can ‘type’ people because there are so many variations in metabolism and physiological function among people, but it is an interesting concept.

26. Darlene says:

I know in Dr. Mercola’s nutritional typing I’m a mixed type so I suspect this is also the case with this since I do not fit the profile of a thyroid type except for gaining weight mostly in the front (however I also gain it in the butt when I do gain weight). My hair is also thin.

27. Craig says:

Not sure yet But Cass is Respectable .So i cant wait to learn more. Can anyone help me is there a true Medical(drug) cure for anything? I thought i could Google this to get an easy Answer Wronggggg!!! I cant find any help?

28. Emma says:

LOVE THISSS!!!! not a thyroid.

29. Jan says:

Most likely a thyroid type but not sure. It will be interesting to learn more.

30. Karen Toth says:

No, as I gain weight all over!

31. Sheree says:

defiantly thyroid type. now how do i fix it!!

32. Donna says:

Most of the symptoms don’t match which is interesting as I thought I was a thyroid type. Will be interested to hear the rest of the lecture to determine where I fall. Thanks for the info.

33. Dianne says:

I’m not sure.

But I AM sure that you’re looking HOT Kevin!

🙂

Dianne

34. kyle says:

I have none of these features. Maybe adrenal?? Looking forward to the next vid!

35. Barbara W. says:

Love Dr. Cass and have been so looking forward to this series!! I have heard many of his appearances on a radio show and he is so knowledgeable. Do not think I am a thyroid type as many of the characteristics don’t match. Can’t wait to hear the rest.

On a separate note…pleasseeeeeeee post the Inner Circle chat for 11-18! 🙂

36. I’ve been a huge fan of your show for a very long time. However, Im disappointed that on “Take Action Monday” you have completely omitted that the senate is voting TODAY on S.510. This horrendous legislation would eventually eliminate all clean, local, organic, independent and safe farming. Organic produce, supplements and even tomato plants will become illegal for Americans and also Canadians if bills S.510 and C-36 are passed. We are sneakily being stripped of our right to clean, organic food and yet it doesn’t come up on your program. I invite everyone to visit the following websites to learn more and sign the petitions. http://www.charterofhealthfreedom.org/ and http://www.healthfreedomusa.org
    I hope you’ll do the right thing and warn people that their health and the health of their families is in jeopardy if this legislation passes.
    Thanks for your time,
    Alessia

37. definitely not a thyroid type cause I have curves although I’m skinny and petite.

38. It is quite possible that I am at least part thyroid, although I had my hormones tested and things came back normal, I still put on a considerable amount of weight. I was just doing some natural remedy with garlic and dandelion yesterday, this is useful thank you.

39. RJ says:

I’m thinking I’ll turn out to be a blended type. I do have low thyroid and found your THYROID HEALTH PROGRAM with Dr J.E. Williams to be filled with very helpful information.

I am very happy with my purchase! Thank you for sharing this video with us.

40. Linda says:

I think I am a thyroid type so how do I fix it?

41. ida says:

I know I am thyroid type because I am hypothyroid. It is not a easy lifestyle to deal with.

42. Raymond Deckert says:

Yes, so now what do I do about it.

43. Ed says:

I have heard Cass Ingram speak on behalf of North American Herb and Spice several times.This time he must have been HIGH and off script.A crowd that wanted to hear this an not believe in genetic expression are the only ones that can “finger” this out as their lot in life. Nobodies last symphany of horemones has been written yet. My tests thru my D.O. are fluid and not even related finger lenght.Shine some light Cass, not regress to folklore people are born with and stuck with.Dr Ingram, I have hearn you speak lucidly about “Oreganol P73” that I have used for years,is there a finger type for its’ use as well? thank you. (sorry if you were having digit issues)

44. Ed says:

The human genetic material found by science is 1/8 what was expected. Genetic expression at the cellular level is of our making, as a student of the 1970s bioligy I was taught ammino acids transfered the genetic code upon replication.2004 came along in the human geonome project and we all found out the telemeres of our essance are tranferred by essential sugars.Please look that up before you compare the lenght of your finger tips. thank you

45. Vitamin B12 says:

I’d say I was an adrenal type, so looking forward to see what Dr. Cass Ingram has to say about that.

46. aolani says:

why would you post this doctors theories when he advocates eating high animal flesh and dairy diets depending on your type… he is no different than dr. d’adamo with the blood type diet. according to both doctors to obtain optimal health i must eat a diet high in animal flesh!!! when i eat meat i dont have regular bowel movements and have tummy aches. plus your whole show and site is about veganism, so why then would you promote this doctor to raw vegans??? im so confused, if you could please explain it would be great cause iv been trusting all the info on your site and now im at odds.

47. Brenda says:

I think I am a pituitary type. I studied metabolic typing nearly 20 years ago. I have forgotten more than I remember about that subject. I feel I am more metabolically balanced these days.

48. Eva says:

What ever my “type” I am sure lots of home grown organic veggies with outdoor exercise and a positive mental attitude will keep me healthy.
    Also some well chosen supplements to balance any deficiencies thrown in where needed. “Eat food, not too much mostly plants”….. sound familiar?

49. Daniel Edwards says:

As ive commented before, all these subjects and more are covered by “dadamo.com” blood type system.
    Ive never seen any comments regarding this system on your site.
    What if the best diet/lifestyle program already exists ?

50. Roxy Harte says:

I’m not, but he described my hubby completely, so now what I am?? I hope you will post more!

51. Dee says:

No, not a thyroid type.

52. Beth says:

Could be a thyroid type, but I would like to wait to hear descriptions of the other types first.

53. Catiya says:

a more complete list of the Thyriod Type features (and other Types as well) and some examples or photos would be necessary inorder to be sure – it is not at all clear from his description, I have some features but it’s not obvious.

54. Angie Smith says:

Nope. Fine hair, big butt (proportionally), and I don’t tend to put on weight in my belly.

55. Cindy says:

No i don’t as i have thin skin, fine hair & seem to put weight on in my butt & thighs. I bet i am an adrenal type but i will wait & see his further explanations. Thanks for this interview I loved it, such new information for me. I look forward to hearing the rest

56. Gen says:

Fascinating, but I haven’t a clue what type I am.

57. Sharon says:

I don”t know fine hair gain weight in the middle stressed a lot of the time what to do?

58. Kelly says:

No, I don’t think I’m a thyroid type. Didn’t really match up with his info on it.

Love this info though, very interesting to learn more about how your body actually works and is affected and what in your body is being affected.

59. Veronika says:

I thought my mom was a thyroid type, except the butt comment didn’t match. She’s currently on medication for hypothyroidism. Curious to know what he says about the other types.

60. LOUELLA LEWANDOWSKI says:

Way Yes. And oh what a hell to get decent treatment.

61. Gail Mangan says:

to the t for me being thyroid type now to figure out alternative ways to heal my body

62. steff says: