Is Fear Holding You Back from Your Best Health? (With Dan Millman) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #699

Friday Nov 12 | BY |

This is the last episode with Dan Millman…

Like I said in today’s email, Dan’s interview came at a perfect time for me. (I hope it came at a good time for you too!)

In this episode, he talks about why you need a mentor and how to handle fear to achieve all your goals – health or otherwise!

Your question of the day: Who is your mentor?

To read more about Dan Millman, please click here: http://www.peacefulwarrior.com

1. Joe says:

Nature or the truth? 😉

2. andrew says:

mentors:
    Dr Zhi Gang Sha

3. james says:

=hey kev just read your email….you talked about when someone comes into your life just at the right time. when i first started watching your show i felt the same way…i still love watching it!!!! kev+ann you guys are a blessing, this comes from my heart…keep being you!!!! shalom

4. estheraida says:

It’s funny I was just facilitating a mentoring training today at my college! Formally, I have work colleagues that have taken on the charge of mentoring me. Informally, I have to say my strong sense of intuition mentors me a lot!

5. Your mom is so cute. So fun to see her on the show. Great interview with Dan. I didn’t read his book but I did see the movie and loved it. I realized that although I have many people that I admire, I don’t really have any mentors. I also realize how helpful it would be to have a mentor, especially with my little business. So far I have done everything on my own. I would love to find someone who has already walked this path and can guide me along. I love my products but my business isn’t as successful as it could be. How does one find a mentor???

6. Jan says:

My mentor at this time would be your show and naturalnews.com newsletters.
    Thanks for providing this information.

7. Whit says:

Been reading “The Essential Gandhi” this week, so for this week it’s Gandhi.

8. Satori says:

Maybe the nature. When I worked at a office with no window, I was extremely tense. Within a month 4 healthy plants around my seat died.

Btw, I think Dan’s voice and the way he talks already has some healing effect!

9. Kristine says:

It as so nice to see your mother 🙂 Different mentors for different things. When I need specialist advice I seek it out. Often I speak with several specialist before I make up my mind. I read a lot. Right now I reading a lot about the environment and I am in awe of Bill McKibbens for what is writing and doing on this subject.

10. Karen says:

I don’t have a personal mentor, but I have you and Ann, Mike Adams, David Wolfe, Dr. Mercola, Matt and Angela, and all the many wonderful people that you all bring into our lives. Thanks!!

11. Muriel says:

My mentors are many different people whom inspire me along the road of life.
    Jesus is my true and greatest mentor.

12. jackie says:

I can’t access the video…it keeps saying that an error has occurred and to try again later. Boo-hoo. Also, I somehow missed the David Morelli interview and really want to see it, but when I click on the archives button, only the last 2 shows appear and there doesn’t seem to be a way to see anything else.

13. Karen Beattie says:

GREAT SPIRIT, MOTHER EARTH, FATHER SKY, ANGELS AND MASTERS OF HIGHER LEARNING!

14. Ed says:

Ghandi said the right things to the hopeless, but my personal holding back is a constant.I know what is new and logicly better. 2010 is moving on with or without me.Is Dan Millman my my new mentor? tension is self-imposed,life skills are like kevin says fear stops action, I’m not wise enough for that. My fear is not my power yet.Donkey loaded with books I have read but not used for fear I am wrong.I Believe my research was my fear,a 56 year old is time to commit. back to 280lb sounds like epitaph not a healthy lifestyle.At 6’1 280lb I should be anything but smug but still I find fault with the less than perfect my way, that has stopped my action,if not now when? on my tomestone? 300 ways to lose weight and never chose a path.Too Old and Too fat not to wake up…………………………..

15. Ed says:

I forgot, love the show and where you took me with your honesty thank you

16. Ed says:

Before I leave Karen would you forward the web sites for “Great spirit”,”Mother Earth”,”Father Sky”,and “Angels and masters of higher learning” Bara and the gang have left me on the digital plane without a response…lol I could but not today, my house is my next move. PEACE unless of course re-election stands in the way…

17. Darlene Santano says:

My chiropractor. She introduced me to Paleo eating and Crossfit and really helped me get “healthy” and have a better outlook on life!

Really like what Dan said about “when you are ready the teacher appears”. I’ve heard that before and it’s so true!

18. Annick says:

Yoga Sutras and Eckart Tolle.

19. I’ve been watching you guys since show #1 and love all that you do.
    I was wondering if you have ordered more vanilla and cinnamon and when it will be in. I would love to order some more?

20. db : ) says:

Mentor: In Greek mythology, Mentor (Greek: ?????? / Mént?r; gen.: ????????)[1] was the son of Alcumus. In his old age Mentor was a friend of Odysseus who placed Mentor and Odysseus’ foster-brother Eumaeus in charge of his son Telemachus, and of Odysseus’ palace, when Odysseus left for the Trojan War.
    When Athena visited Telemachus she took the disguise of Mentor to hide herself from the suitors of Telemachus’ mother Penelope.[2] As Mentor, the goddess encourages Telemachus to stand up against the suitors and go abroad to find out what happened to his father. When Odysseus returns to Ithaca, Athena appears briefly in the form of Mentor again at Odysseus’ palace.
    Because of Mentor’s and Eumaeus’ near-paternal relationship with Telemachus, the personal name Mentor has been adopted in English as a term meaning a father-like teacher.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy

GOD is the foundation for TRUTH AND WISDOM. His instruction manual is the BIBLE complete with time tested truths.

For me, I value the words of friends that are genuinely grounded in the inspired Word of God.

In fact, there is one friend that I especially value her Biblical guidance. She does practice the principles of God-based love; whereas, too often I have practiced the principles (although meaning well–I thought) of my own self-based motivation.

THIS WORLD is doing all it can to search EVERYWHERE or FOR ANYONE WHO CAN DIRECT THEM…WHEN EVERYTHING IS ALREADY GIVEN TO US THROUGH GOD’S WRITTEN WORD–IF WE HUMBLE OURSELVES AND TURN TO GOD rather than our own methods.

21. Eva says:

My personal favorite mentor is my body! It reflects back to me all my actions or non-actions and my thoughts. Everything that I am is stored in the physical cells as well as my emotional, mental and spiritual bodies. I am learning to listen deeper and deeper for everything I need, it is very wise!

22. john says:

The only way to turn fear into power is by resting in the finished work of JESUS CHRIST as your personal Lord and savior.( John 3:16 ) All of the problems that can occur in life God understands . Whatever it is we have to COPE with in life ,if we REPROGRAM our hearts and minds and turn away from sin and fix our eyes on the word of God and bath our minds in His promises and teachings ,and understand the Pauline Mystery ,rightly divided, and the dispensations thru time ,and to who to whom God is speaking to in the bible,and knowing the full context and text at which it is applicable to according to God’s P-R-O-G-R-A-M. Kevin nice to see your dearly beloved mother ,and her happy face and you standing by her side . Hope to see your mother again on up coming show.

23. john says:

PS>>>>>>>.Well said number ——11 and number—–19

24. Cindy says:

I don’t really have a mentor, I find myself self driven & guided, probably due to not having anyone to rely on my whole life. I don’t have anyone who i look up to or admire but I feel so inspired by people like yourself & by guests you have on like Dan Millman.
    I want to really thank you for these interviews. I have really felt some connection to him & what he has said. I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to them & what he has to say, so thank you for putting these up.

25. Alisha says:

Kevin – your Mother is absolutely adorable. Please have her on the show again. 🙂

My mentor is anyone or anything willing to teach me something. I try to stay open to everyone and everything around me, take it all in and be present so that I don’t miss any ‘teachers’ along the way.

Have a wonderful week!