Know What’s Healthy But Still Can’t Get it Together? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #698

Thursday Nov 11 | BY |

In this interview with Dan Millman, we talk about how to turn all the health knowledge that you know into real action…

A lot of people we run into along the way, know a bunch (or just enough) about health that would get them results IF they actually put it into play.

The challenge, of course, it taking action on it and making it a reality.

In this clip, Dan will give you some insight as to why you’re not making it happen and how you can do it.

Your question of the day: What do you know that you’re not doing now?

To read more about Dan Millman, please click here: http://www.peacefulwarrior.com

1. Craig says:

Growing wheat grass i know but i have so much Kale and collard greens to pick still and juice

2. Karen says:

Like Craig above, I want to grow wheatgrass. I also keep wanting to make my own raw sauerkraut but never seem to get around to it. No time like the present, right?!

3. Angie Smith says:

I don’t get entough rest.

4. Ashley says:

Same – I’ve wanted for months to make my own raw sauerkraut!!! I buy it every week. Think of the money I would save, if I just invested the time.

Raw sauerkraut – I’m done putting you off. Prepare to meet your maker. 😉

5. Sandee says:

I keep drinking Pepsi Max….about 2 liters a day. I eat very healthy, work out, meditate, don’t eat sugar or flour, smoke, drink….but every time I try to quit this I go into a super funk and the only thing that brings me out of it is the Pepsi Max. Monday I thought that I would go on a 5 day juice cleanse and started with 2 cups of kale, spinach, lemon, romaine and apple juice….I was sick for 2 days…my husband thinks that I had the flu….but I don’t know. This is my one last horribly sticky vice….I wish that I could go with out it for my health….but I love the way it makes me feel and I hate the way I feel without it.

6. Kristine says:

Sprouts. I am not integrating sprouts sufficiently into my diet. I am blocked about sprouting. Even if I have a box of them from the store, I forget to use them!

7. Tamikko says:

loved this video! I am someone who knows too much and constantly blames myself for not doing, because I know better. But knowing is so vastly different then doing.
    I need to do more exercise. I mean everyday not just when I seem to be able to because I actually found a little pocket of time. Ha, once in a blue moon.
    I’m heading to his site right now. I’m really interested in his view and especially his video 🙂
    thanks Kevin and AnnMarie

8. Lorien says:

I don’t get enough rest. I know that rest is important, one of the most important things in fact. If I get 7 hours it’s been a really really good night. I’m working towards a consistant 7, then I’ll work towards sleeping until I’m done.

I also have wanted to make my own sauerkraut and just don’t have the time. That I am working on.

9. Jan says:

I need to exercise more.

10. Satori says:

I eat processed food that my mom makes dinner with.I use a moisturizer that has some nasty chemicals in it. I drink spring water, but I use tap water for cooking. I do not always eat organic.

This sounds so bad, but I’m making effort everyday. When I first moved to this little town in Japan from LA, I thought anything healthy is possible here. Absolutely no raw food movement whatsoever in this place. Almost no access to organic veggies. But I stopped blaming on the environment I’m in and started to make changes.

Now I exercise which I didn’t really do in LA LOL!

11. marcia says:

I eat Agave daily, and sometimes sugar, even though I know I shouldn’t….. I cannot wrap my head around eliminating it, yet. I think it is related to lack of sleep though!

12. Ana says:

I know I need to exercise but just don’t have the motivation to do it.

13. Diana (Ohio) says:

I have Dans workout video and its great because you can make it as long or short as you have time or energy for, love it!!

I know I shouldn’t eat the chocolate and candy that I do, but I do, it drives me crazy not being able to kick the habit.

14. +Andrianna says:

Sprouting … I’ve got the seeds and need to start.

15. Charlotte says:

hmm, never crave or have sweets. I actually found out i had/have a yeast overgrowth problem so i stopped eating fruit. hmm, no I think my biggest thing is salt. I love salt. Himalayan is my fav but love flaky french sea salt as well.. it’s just so good! I don’t feel really guilty about it though.. I also love cheese, goat cheese, sheep’s and goat feta, raw aged cows cheeses… any good high quality artisan cheese. Although, I don’t eat any anymore because of my yeast issue 🙁

16. Jana says:

I drink a cup of coffee every day and eat a candybar on most days. Overall, I’m pleased with progress I’ve made. I make everything from scratch, well most everything. I don’t make my own brown rice pasta noodles. The main thing I’d like to improve is the amount of produce that is organically grown. Not everything I want is available here organically grown.

17. FAST,YOGA,MEDITATE,EAT MORE FRESH ORGANIC RAW FOOD!

18. snowmoonelk says:

I know I should eat LESS and exercise MORE!!!

19. Joe says:

Being naked in the sun. 🙁

Making small steps everyday in selling everything. 😉

See you sun! 🙂

20. bob says:

Thanks- excellent vibes from Dan. Eat, sleep, rest.

I kicked the caffeine (all of it) after a 3-day master cleanse. I just had to do it for my adrenals and overall energy. Whew.

Now sugar is my next challenger. A little at a time. It is an overbearing overlord. A powerful opponent. A sneaky beguiling thief. I will need help because it is so deep in me- as an early childhood escape.

Playing with exercise, meditation and prayer to find the restful sleep. One night at a time.

21. nina says:

I’m STILL not 90-100% raw (vegan)!!
    I’ve read, started, restarted, reread, etc., etc. for the past year, but still haven’t completed the circuit, so to speak!
    I’m not giving up, tho. I’m still hacking away at it, every day.

(Pepsi Max and a healthy diet? Sounds like quite an oxymoron to me).

22. Gordy says:

Boy, there are a lot of good testimonies and/or confessions here!
    I can relate to all!
    I must agree about growing sprouts and wheatgrass… I’ve done it in the past and find that I don’t stick with them fast or long enough before they get funky or I see any good results right away.

I too struggle with certain imbalances of addictions that don’t support all the good things that I do with raw, organic choices.
    Like sugars in cakes or pies, muffins/baked goods, agave in my coffee (just a spot, w/cream) though I’ve cut down to a cup or less a day. And really enjoy wine! I also work in the restaurant industry which entices my attraction for different alcohols and fine (non-organic) foods. I will have to switch careers before I can truly let all these go.

Q: What do you know that you’re not doing now?

A: Finding the balance between everything, letting go of patterns and comforts that do not support my immediate and long-term investment on greater health. I’ll have to sleep on this one…. Which I could use more of as well!! LOL!

23. Rikki M says:

growing my own wheat grass , exercising regularly, so many things that I know would be good for me, I don’t do that I should, list is endless 🙁 the main one giving up good chocolate, since its right under oxygen on my list of priority 🙁

24. Helena says:

You mentioned taking antibiotics. I am surprised health minded people would still use antibiotics. If you go to helpingamerica.com you will find a fantastic site. Also look into who endorses the products.

25. Josephine says:

Kevin, I love your “Good Afternoon!”
    I eat greens when I have them and that is not consistent. Also, I need to move the paint cans outdoors, though if the paint freezes, it is all ruined. THey put off fumes when the temperatures swing widely, and give me headaches.

26. Leila says:

Someone above mentioned brown rice noodles. They sound great. Any chance you could do a video on them Kevin and Ann Marie?

I am improving the quality of my sleep by working on my diet – still some way to go.