A Little More from the Spiritual Side with Dan Millman : The Renegade Health Show Episode #696

Tuesday Nov 9 | BY |

A lot of you have been asking for a little more from the spiritual side…

While I can’t say this is a spirituality lesson, I can say that the information contained in this interview may change your life. 🙂

It was a great message for me when I needed it – maybe it will be the same for you.

Your question of the day: What can you do to live more like a peaceful warrior?

To read more about Dan Millman, please click here: http://www.peacefulwarrior.com

1. Yasmien says:

Do you know of an environmentally friendly way for a women to dispose when she has her menstruation ? Thanks.

2. Tara Burner says:

love the comment about in what moment
    while i’m spiritual & inspiring
    i have my moments where I’m totally annoyed w/circumstances, etc.
    but i’m striving to have less moments that are not in alignment with what I feel my purpose is
    if that makes sense

3. April G says:

what a beautiful REMINDER … live present in EACH and EVERY moment! Mahalo!

4. Kevin.
    I needed that.
    I really needed that.
    That was excellent.
    excellent excellent excellent.

5. Exersusie says:

Loved this, and yes I needed this as well right now! He really spoke to me. I think i can become a peaceful warrior by not comparing myself with others all the time.
    Susie

6. john says:

By reading God’s Holy word. And obeying Him . True Everlasting peace only comes thru knowing Jesus Christ as your personnel Lord and Savior. And Trusting in his eternal Promises. And doing that which is decent ,Godly ,truthful,and honest in the sight of God and man,with a clean conscience before our Creator who is Above in the heavens.

7. Katie says:

I really like this guy. My two cents on how to become a peaceful warrior– Yoga! It is about living in the the moment, loving yourself, pushing yourself to the point of sensation but not over exertion.

8. Barb says:

Amen to John’s comment! Jesus is the only Way!

9. Call it Jesus, if you must.

10. nick says:

By looking and listening from within myself.

The power of intuition is stronger then anyone or anything that someone tries to tell or sell you!

11. Karen says:

I have a mantra that I say when my mind goes in the wrong direction. I pull myself out often.

12. Micele says:

I can live peacful by putting my faith in Jesus and following His ways, as found only in the bible!

13. mak says:

it starts by respecting ourselves, then the rest would follow.

14. Thank you for having Dan Milman on, what an ispirational teacher! How can i be more peaceful, less judgement, more compassion, more mindful presence 😉 living to serve…thanks again..loves to you all 😉

15. Sophia says:

Awesome interview! I just bought the graphic novel. I am so excited to read it!! I also loved his original book. 🙂

To live as a peaceful warrior, for me, is to not worry about circumstances that I cannot control.

16. Julia says:

I really enjoyed that, thank you. 🙂

I trained in martial arts for a while, shotokan karate, and in this style they always push for perfection of character. I remember one of the teachers from Japan, (Sensei), would always say to push yourself and always challenged people to never go so easy on yourself, and to look at yourself with a critical eye so you can perfect yourself better and that people are always easier on themselves than they are on others but he felt it should be the other way around. That’s the opposite of what Dan, and popular western psychology/culture tells us when they say, “Be gentle on yourself”. Perhaps a little of both philosophies would strike a good balance for peace and true self growth.

Cheers

17. Jan says:

Nice change of pace – I enjoyed the show

To me living in the moment would be more peaceful.

18. Page says:

I meditate daily and put my faith in the power of God. I also don’t cloud my mind with alcohol, drugs, or by ingesting animals.

19. Barbara says:

This interview is awesome. this is sooooo related to raw fooders , as we eat raw, more emotions arise and so does the desire to connect more to Spirit. More spiritual interviews would be a welcome. Keep up the great work.

20. Satori says:

I just go with the flow of my life. This makes me very peaceful even when I’m fighting like a warrior at office….or wherever that is.

BTW, I have a question for Annmarie. I’m 27 and can I use your anti-aging products already or is it too rich for me? I’m prone to acne too. Thank you!!

21. Muriel says:

I can be a peaceful warrior when i stand firm in living on a moment to moment basis, my faith in Jesus Christ. The world view is about doing your own thing and the battle is against Satan who longs to own our souls through sin. Serving Jesus is the way to true peace and true life.

22. andrew says:

Your question of the day: What can you do to live more like a peaceful warrior?

keeping on buying products (not unneccessary clutter but food etc that is needed for day to day life) that create a sustainable green environment –

hemp products, organic, support local organic farmers.

This creates on a small scale what I choose on a big scale

23. Jonathan says:

I have to agree with John and Micele. We can only have true peace in our hearts when we have peace with God, repenting of our sins and putting our trust in Jesus. By following the Bible, we can always have perfect peace.

24. Joe says:

Simply serve nature and all is well.

25. Steve says:

Of course it’s possible to have true peace in our hearts without God/Jesus. Many people don’t believe in God, but thay can still have true peace. I don’t see why you need God/Jesus. They rae just props for some people. Just because you believe in God/Jesus doesn’t make your way the right way or the only way. You need to realise that.

26. Lynn says:

Satan is our own ego. Living in the moment and without ego is the ultimate goal though easier to say than achieve, hence we need a warrior spirit.

27. Karen Beattie says:

WONDERFUL BOOKS TO READ, NICE TO SEE HIS FACE. PEACE COMES FROM WITHIN AND OTHERS WILL FOLLOW.

28. Sue Paterson says:

Love Dan Millman. Had a chance to hear him speak and ended up at the same breakfast table the next day. Love the part in this discussion about focusing on effort rather than success. Gives me a chance for success every day.

29. EL says:

We are blessed that not only know Christ but have been enlightened by healthy concepts that are shared here.

30. JoJo says:

Please lighten up on this “Jesus is the ONLY way” propaganda. At least TRY to think for yourself every now and then! Don’t be such a robot, preaching these
    mindless mantras. This is not the place for that.

Stop trying to divide and conquer (convert) the world. Every one has the freedom to choose their own path, the same as you have done.

You detract from the essence of Mr. Millman’s message, in my opinion. Such a pity you don’t get it.

31. Ann Marie Huntington says:

when you’re down to nothing, God is up to something….

32. Gordy says:

Great show Kev! I loved the movie that was made about Dan’s life, called “The Peaceful Warrior”.

I have a belief system that I apply to all facets of life on this planet. It begins with respect to the Earth Plane, Oneself, other
    Humans, Plants and Animals. Treat them as you would yourself! So be it!!

There is always cause and effect in what we take, how we use or buy into ‘it’ for survival. It’s in the approach which reflects the outcome depending upon our current disposition, previous tendencies, patterns of relations, and demographics of where we choose to live.

How you perceive yourself is going to be different then that of another. Even in your God or Spirituality quest, we truly only see ourselves in the reflection of others. Only there, we can witness and be held accountable for what we are “on about” in our demonstrations and relationships. We need to create a balance thru daily sustainable practices and find simple approaches to achieve the ‘moment to moment’ mantra.

My philosophy is treat everything as there is “Only God”! I believe in creating a conscious community in my work, family and friends to assist me in living in peace. God help me too!

~Gordy

33. Cindy says:

Wow, what a wonderful way to live your life. i really resonated with what Dan Millman had to say. Being a perfectionist I really loved his thought about giving your best in the moment, as that really is all we can control. it also takes the guilt, resentment, disappointment away and should stop me from beating myself up that i didn’t do better, because if i did the best i could in the moment how can i regret anything. Thank you for this thought provoking, insightful video. I am in awe of this gentleman and how he lives his life.

34. Mary says:

Those of us who believe in Jesus only want others to experience the peace and joy that only He provides. Please don’t be offended by our sincere desire to share this with you.

35. Carrie says:

Well said Mary. Jesus is my peace. I love Him and His love for me is the greatest, most beautiful Joy I know.

36. Rae says:

I think to remain peaceful you must constantly contemplate the positive aspects of whatever seems negative at the time and this way you can always feel grateful and contented. Admittedly, it’s hard to find an up side to such things as GM foods, for example, but the problems they are creating are causing people to wake up and rebel against Monsanto et alia and in the process learn a lot more about nutrition and organic foods. On a more personal note, an illness or injury can provide the impetus and opportunity to take more time to study web sites such as yours, profit from them, and share the knowledge gained with others.
    Recently I’ve been wondering how any foods can be truly organic considering all the chemtrail pollutants that are drifting down, such as strontium, and barium, but again, the more people become aware of these menaces, the more likely the truth will become universally known about what’s going on and the more likely these assaults on the environment will be opposed.

37. Gen says:

Jesus is the Prince of Peace. When you give your life to Him, He fills you with His peace. I pray that you and Ann will come to know Him. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Truly, He is.

38. Eve says:

Thanks for having him on 🙂

to become a more peaceful warrior: more self-massage!

Loved that part in his book where the teacher shows the student how to do self-massage, and he’s amazed at how many tight places there are to work on. When our bodies hold less tension, we can be more present… and self-massage (with deep breathing!) is a form of meditation that’s pretty easy to do.

39. Josephine says:

Yasmien, i bought bird’s-eye weave diapers–a soft, more open-weave, plain, diaper and used that, folded of course. i could wash them and reuse them. There used to be some sort of sponge from Japan or somewhere, too, that health food stores started getting in a while back.
    Eating a low glycemic diet and keeping fats at good quality for your blood type helps.

Being a warrior and staying attentive to the moment complement each-other–a good way to get a definition defined!