Could GMO Foods Be Causing Your Allergies? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #690

Monday Nov 1 | BY |

More from Jeffrey Smith today…

In this episode, we talk about GMO foods and if they can be causing allergies.

Please, like the others, be sure to pass this along by clicking the “Like” button above!

Your question of the day: What is your favorite Farmer’s Market?

To check out more information about how you can keep GMO foods off of your table, please click here: http://www.responsibletechnology.org

1. Blair says:

I just wanted to comment on how lucky I feel to be exposed to your knowledge every day and all the knowledge that you bring to the show. You both are amazing people and we are all so lucky to have you bringing this information to us full of integrity and love. thank you!

2. Jessica Delo says:

My favortite farmers market is the one in Ithaca, NY! But i live in Buffalo, NY so the closest is the Bidwell market. Native offerings provides some of the best organic greens around these parts!

Im so glad you and Annmarie were able to go to the Ithaca market. Hope Annmaries birthday was wonderful!

I am so grateful for the two of you and for all the hard work it takes to spread the message of health and wellness. Keep up the great job, and safe travels. :o)

3. It amazes me to see how man constantly try to enhance something that is already perfect. LEAVE OUR FOOD ALONE Mr. Government 🙁

Oh yeah! Unfortunately I don’t have farmer markets near my house (I live in Philadelphia, PA) But I often shop at Trader Joe’s.

James

4. About 3 weeks ago, our local newspaper ran an article actually promoting GMO foods. I sent them a response letter which they neither acknowledged nor published. I posted it on my blog: http://runningagainstthegrain.blogspot.com/2010/10/whats-wrong-with-gmos.html

We have a Farmer’s Market here in Bay City that I only made it to once this season, but I enjoy visiting local Farm Markets throughout the state and country when we travel. They always have great fresh produce and many other interesting and healthy locally produced items like preserves, raw honey, maple syrup, etc. I was pleased this summer to find heirloom corn tortilla chips at one of the markets we visited.

5. Darlene says:

Hey Kevin and AnnMarie – when are you guys coming to Edmonton. When you come I can show you around the biggest farmer’s market in Western Canada – the St. Albert Farmer’s Market. It’s absolutely wonderful! Full of organic produce and meats, poultry. You would love it! I’ve never seen or tasted kale that’s as good as the kale I bought from one of the vendor’s at the farmer’s market.

I can also take you to Crossfit Edmonton – they’re a great group of people! We just finished our “Fight Gone Bad” fundraiser and raised $1,500,00 for a family where the dad has cancer and is unable to work. It had a Halloween theme and was a blast!

6. Darlena says:

We have an incredible Farmer’s Market here in Palo Alto, California…. Most cities around the San Francisco area have their own so Saturday mornings are extra fun to go to several of them…. We have Sunnyvale’s, which is wonderful, Newark and Fremont are terrific also because they are multi-cultural so lots of interesting food…. Oh, San Leandro’s is a fun one too!!!!

7. Cindy says:

Just a note about GMO Corn. I have been having health issues. My blood work showed a very high level of the Rheumatoid arthritis factor and it began when I was only 24 years old. Also I ran a low grade fever for 3 years with no clue on what was causing it. The doctors told me they could not find anything. I am 27 now and think I have finally figured out that I am allergic to, the GMO corn! After doing raw food for awhile and cutting out all corn from my diet my RA Factor is going down and my fever is gone. But! if I accidentally eat something with corn in it, I get the chills almost instantly. Scary!!!!!! And they say its safe! Ha! I bet Monsanto’s workers won’t eat it.

8. Joel says:

The one closest to me. Where I am on Maui that’s the new Kihei Farmer’s Market on Lipoa St., Saturday mornings 8:00am – noon.

9. Hubert says:

I must be so naive. Seeing the video I was thinking the whole time: Wooow, if there is so much knowledge available, how can they still go on with GMO ?
    By the way I know the answer but I guess I live in a different universe 🙂
    Thanks K and A. Great job.

10. Brenda says:

Great info! Thank you for educating about GMOs. There are many Farmer’s Markets in my area. East San Francisco Bay Area. I go to the one in the next town over because it has the most organically grown choices. They have many organic booths. The market I go to is only on Saturday mornings. Mid-October is the last Wednesday evening Farmer’s Market. It miss the Wednesday one. So many times I am away on Saturdays. I Love Farmer’s Markets! We Californians are spoiled with great local organic produce. 🙂

11. Brenda says:

I just noticed Darlena, above, mentioned the Farmer’s Market I go to and I forgot to name the town, San Leandro.

12. Joe says:

All organic and biodynamic local farmers markets.
    Fresher and cheaper than organic shops.

🙂

13. Bonsoir Kevin,

my favorite Farmer market was Saturday farmet market at PSU Downtown Portland Oregon. I miss it but find new solutions in France too.

I am not a GMO expert but just a molecular Virologist. I don´t really support the work of Monsanto with its GMO products, but I don´t want to exclude GMO method in non commercial projects with smart plant scientists. GMO happens everyday in Nature between virus and bacterien or larger cells, for exemple.

Dr. Jerome in France

14. merville/althea cratte says:

hi friend,
    we are not vegetarians, however, we do eat only organic food. at one farmers market in dieppe city, we are able to purchase fresh sprouts.by eating sprouts it’s like eating hundreds of heads of brocoli,red cabbage,watercress,radish,etc, with every meal!currently we are enjoying whole juice red beets, in our vitamix.(we put top on)
    we are blessed with 2 farmers’ markets in a 10 mile radius here in moncton & dieppe cities, in new brunswick canada! actually another community(riverview) has opened another one,within that same 10 mile radius. there is the opportunity to purchase,locally grown, combined with multi ethinic & racial cuisine. spiritually we are blessed with a multitude of churches,a syagogue,mosque & hindu communities. we have a (summertime) beach 20 miles from home too!winter sports & fab ymca/
    Moncton & aquatic centre in Dieppe.lots of gyms.when are you coming?

15. suzanne says:

The most fabulous market on Saturdays is in Port Townsend, WA.

16. Karen Beattie says:

WHAT IS GMO FOODS AND IS SEEDLESS WATERMELLON MODIFIED?

17. I was just at my favorite market yesterday. I live in Long Beach and we have great farmer’s markets just about every day of the week (yes we californians sure are lucky, makes up for all the smog we breathe right? ;)) the best is on Sunday in Marina Pacifica, organic mushrooms, including reishi!, greens, dates, locally made apple cider vinegar,fresh sprouts, wheatgrass shots and great street musicians, yesterday there was a bluegrass band! Not only are farmer’s markets amazing for the food, but there’s just a great sense of community and connectedness. It’s like a holiday when i go to farmer’s markets, there’s laughter and music, people enjoying good food and talking to each other. It’s a little Utopia…to all of you who don’t have farmer’s markets where you live…i send all the joy and good feelys of mine to you! Much gratitude to kev and ann!

also…any other long beachers out there? would love to connect(i’m new here :))

18. Incredible information – Thanks!

I didn’t realize how bad GMO food was until now. It is pretty horrifying and something everyone should be aware of – again thanks so much for showing me the light on this issue.

As far as farmer’s markets go – Downtown Phoenix and Chapel Hill, North Carolina have very good farmer’s markets.

19. Kristine says:

Loches, France on Sundays and Wednesdays and Union Square Market, NYC… (Not in the same weeks, of course :-))

20. Andrea says:

I love the Halifax Farmer’s Market in Nova Scotia, Canada, my home for the last 7 years. It is old — established in 1750! And it has some great organic farmers and their produce is fabulous.

21. Jessic a says:

Calgary Farmers Market in Calgary Alberta Canada!

22. Peg says:

Here in South Dakota, the season is short, but we are so lucky to have an organic farmer at the Farmers Market. Several of the other vendors are quite good as well.

When my daughter lived in Santa Monica, she had a Market one block from her apartment. I don’t think it was the big Santa Monica Market, but, oh, so convenient. When she was in Montreal, she went to a huge market–I have forgotten the name though.

Happy Birthday, Annmarie!!

23. Satori says:

Hi Kevin,

I think you read a lot of books about health (don’t you!?). Do you have any recommendation right now? I realized Jeffrey Smith’s Genetic Roulette came out 3 years ago. Where do you catch information of new books so that you can read them in a timely manner? When I have a specific topic I’d like to read, I could just look for them, but when I don’t, I need some recommendation for books that health advocates want to read? Do you know anything like the news papers’ book reviews focused on health topics?

Thank you!

24. john says:

Excellent video Kevin ,it is refreshing to know that Jeffry Smith is telling We the People the Gospel truth about GMO’S and how some of these companies like Monsanto ,Archer Daniels Midland and others are literally INTENTIONALLY LEGALLY SLOWLY KILLING US AND YUR FAMILIES WITHOUT REGARD .THESE ARE YES,EVIL WICKED PEOPLE,AS WELL AS THOSES WHO PROMULGATE NUCLEAR PLANTS AND ALSO FIRE DEPLETED URANIUM (NOTHIG ABOUT IT IS DEPLETED) MILITARY PROVING GROUNDS AT, DUGWAY UTAH , JEFFERSON INDIANA,, YUMA ARIZONA, FORT MONMOUTH ABERDEEN, NEVADA TEST RANGE ,NEW MEXICO. Also not to mention ALL the nuclear storage sites all over the country AND COUNTING AS WELL AS LEAKING INTO WATER RIVERS AND STREAM AND WATER AQUAFIERS,BEING TAKEN UP THRU PLANT LIFE AND ANIMALS. RESIST TYRANNY- TO MAKE CHANGE AND KNOW WHO THE ENEMY IS .AND WRITE AND CALL YOUR leaders but do something, it will take all of us to win the fight and take back your freedoms for your families and away from BIG government. God bless those that help them selves

25. Yolojoan says:

My favorite Farmers market is the Davis California one. So much great organic veggies, fruits, nuts, flowers and plants.
    When are you coming to Davis? We are a bicycle
    community with the Bicycle Hall of Fame here and UC Davis. We try to bicycle to the farmers market as much as possible. Saturday mornings and Wednesday afternoons (in summer it is Picnic in the Park Wednesday evenings with lots of restaurants having food booths also and live music. This year we are #2, Last year we were #1 in Americas Favorite Farmers Markets!

26. Suzanne says:

I live in Albuquerque and my favorite growers’ market is in Los Ranchos (a small quaint village encirled by Albuquerque).

But my ultimate favorite farmers’ market is in Madison, WI on the capitol square. It is huge! There is easily 100,000 to 150,000 thousand people attending the market every Saturday morning in the summer. People come from Milwaukee and Chicago (2 hours away) just for the Madison market.

27. living in san diego, my favorite farmers market is in Hillcrest on Sundays 9-2, as they have a large number of organic veggie and fruit vendors – i know quite a few of the farmers, and also get better deals or trade

the best farmers market i have been to, hands down (it is a bit pricey, though) is Josh’s organic market on sundays, all day in Hollywood, Fl right along the beach and everything is organic and they also make fresh pressed juices – Josh is a great guy and grow most of the produce on his farms in northern Florida and provides some of the best produce to markets in northeast US

check out my 42 day coconut water cleanse on my blog http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com – a day to day account of my experiences and if you click on the archive for december 2009, you can read it from the beginning

namaste
    chef mindy aka Ageless (low-fat) Raw Vegan Beauty

28. I always enjoy the Sunday farmers market in Hollywood,Ca. This is one of the biggest farmers markets in Ca and one of the vendors there is called Mud Creek Ranch and they sell the most amazing organic avocados I have ever had – just incredibly good. People tell me that my guacamole is the best and I tell them to thank Mud Creek Ranch for those very special rich buttery avocados. The Thursday farmers market in South Pasadena, Ca is also very very special and has tons of organic vendors, music and a super cool vibe that will surprise you!

29. Dee says:

Pike Street Market in Seattle. Again another great video.

30. Eric Dichter says:

Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia PA. Huge, historic market with a good selection of produce, much of it local, organic, and Amish grown. Gotta check it out!

Jeffrey Smith’s right on target with this one. With the increasing prevalence of allergies and GI conditions, it seems likely there is a link. The only question is this: how do we prove it?

31. Jan says:

What is Monsanto thinking? Is greed and money worth all this harm to Monsanto?

I use farmers markets when traveling but do not have a favorite. I tend to grow what I need and share/trade with a friend who also enjoys garden.

32. Jasmine says:

Hollywood Farmer’s Market in Hollywood, CA is pretty good.
    Josh’s Organic Garden is really amazing in Hollywood, FL.
    Jean-Talon in Montreal is absolutely stunning the way the booths display their fruit and vegetables. It’s an art form almost. I feel like they have to be trained.

what else…

those are the three that stand out

33. Jasmine says:

QUESTION: What is your best advice to prevent yourself from getting sick once you feel the very beginnings of a “scratchy throat”?

I just got some medicinal mushroom supplements from stamets and I’ve been doing green smoothies, green powder supplements..

(no fruit, though! i’m on anti-candida diet)

thanks!

34. Jera says:

Oh man that’s like asking me my favorite song! Random top 3: any Amsterdam daily market; the Sunday Market in Boulder, CO and the Broadway Market in Green Bay, WI.