GMO Foods Can Turn Your Stomach Into a Pesticide Factory : The Renegade Health Show Episode #689

Friday Oct 29 | BY |

There might be some doubters or skeptics on this one, but I urge you to listen in…

In part 2 of my interview with Jeffrey Smith, he talks about some of the scientific evidence against genetically modified (GMO) foods, and one study sticks out pretty prominently.

(Just like the last clip, please be sure to recommend this to your friends through Facebook by clicking the “Like”‘ Button above!)

Take a listen…

Your question of the day: Have you ever heard about this study before? What do you think about it?

To check out more information about how you can keep GMO foods off of your table, please click here: http://www.responsibletechnology.org

1. craigs says:

I have heard of Simaliar version of this. But have heard things that i wouldnt want to repeat because the average person wouldnt believe.Just for Those with ears to hear.
    In the bible is another Version of
    The first GMO Fallen Angels Mixing with Man
    Genesis 6
    When men began to increase on earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and took wives from among those that pleased them. The Lord said, “My breath shall not abide in man forever, since he too is flesh; let the days allowed him be one hundred and twenty years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days and also after that, when the sons of God cohabited with the daughters of men, who bore them offspring. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown.

2. GRANNYK says:

Yes I have and it is really scarey that our food is not labeled whether it is gmo or not. We ingest so much gmo soy each day with out even knowing it. If you drink non organic milk the cows are fed soy so you are eating gmo soy. Most vegetable oil that is not organic is 100 per cent gmo soy. We also have alot of the gmo beets in the market in cereals and breads and cookies. We have not been given the credit that we deserve by the FDA they say we would be confused if it was labeled. I personally think it is because of the lobbyists in Washington. We need to start taking a stand and just not buy the bad stuff if all we buy is the good organic kind then the bad will stay on the shelf and they will have to change. The potato info has been on the web for quite a while and also the info on the beets is scarey.

Have a good weekend and keep smiling…

3. Joe says:

Last century’s human proliferation was good for the business.

Looks like someone wants to repair an error with an error.

Good luck ‘light warriors’.

Thank you Kevin and Jeffrey.

4. nick says:

Yes I have heard of this and it is very scary; While I try to eat organic when home but when traveling or eating @ friends or relatives it is not easy to avoid GMO’s. I am not so confident in many large corporations which produce”organically” produced food too. I have to find a local organic farm and learn what to forge in the winter.

5. Gretchyn says:

I had heard a lot of this before, but not all of it. After I heard this I had to stop eating GMO, i couldn’t turn a blind eye and say”oh a little won’t hurt every now and then” What concerns me is even though i’ve stopped, is there a chance that it’ll ever stop reproducing in my gut, is there any way to get rid of it once its in there? Also curious about cross pollination of GMO’s is any corn/soy/beet/etc even safe anymore? I was watching the movie “fed up” last night, it really got me thinking.

6. Mary Artemis says:

I’ve been following Jeff Smith for awhile now. His website is informative and he has a shopping guide to help people avoid GMO foods.

I still would like more information though, such as, is my soy latte from Starbucks or Cosi affected? Jeff operates from a theoretical level which is nicely informative however, it is causing us consumers to get paranoid feelings, rightly so, and we want to know what to avoid out on the road.

7. Pat says:

Yes, I have heard of some of this. He had a video awhile back that was very informative! No more Soy, canola, corn etc. Thank you Monsanto for ruining our food supply. A Giant rogue elephant destroying without conscience.

8. Jana says:

Yes, I have heard this before. I didn’t used to pay extra for organic produce. Now I do.

9. Kevin Gianni says:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Gretchyn, we discuss this is one of the upcoming parts. 🙂

Mary, he should have these companies listed on the no-GMO shopping guide. Chances are they ARE GMO.

10. Veronika says:

Yes, I’ve heard of that study. I only buy organic from grocery stores and farmer’s markets, but watching this video reminded me that I should choose organic restaurants when eating out.

11. Ed says:

Hi, my AOL search found this Jeffrey Smith on page 10. A curezone article on this topic, this sounds like a under-reported listing to me.Searching the book title is the way to go. KFC,Pizza Hut, and Taco Bells’ continued use of msg is much easier to avoid, going out on a limb here but they might use GM organisms too.

12. Gordy says:

I have heard little about these kinds of studies as I’m new to researching and exploring these concerns. Thank you!

In this country, GMO foods must line every shelf in the conventional grocery store and pantries!! It is very scary since there is no warning or little labeling on many products, and there doesn’t seem to be much in the works to address it. Exposure to these consuming products must have detrimental side effects as discussed here in this forum and beyond. This is a huge issue and frankly, there’s not much optimism with no recall available.

Sorry, for the doom-and-gloom, but we as a community need to WAKE UP and educate our children and stop buying into the main-stream conventional consumerism that is controlling our belief systems.

What studies will reveal in the future, may very well take the rest of our lives and generations of suffering to realize that the lobbyist, pharmaceutical, and big corporations in this country have already ruined sustainability for natural health and our food chain.

On a positive note… Support, buy, and grow organic foods and build community gardens to share in love!

P.S. Happy Birthday Annmarie!! I love your shows and I want to know what that great new kitchen appliance Kev just got for you today!! LOL

~Gordy

13. Thomas says:

Yes. This has been a big issue in sustainability studies for the past 20 years or so.

Here are some pertinent links:

the Hungarian scientist who did the initial potato study mentioned by Jeffrey:
    about Árpád Pusztai’:

Árpád Pusztai’s Homepage:

and lots of good articles and even a phone app to tell you which foods are non-GMO in the grocery store here:

You can get a printable non-GMO shopping list at:

just scroll down the page until you see a link in the text that says “printable shopper’s guide” and you’ll get a pdf file.

14. Yes – and continuing to learn and pass the message on. I believe this is the greatest danger to our food sources.

15. db : ) says:

This is a “button” for me. Yes I have heard of GMO many months ago. My first source was http://www.mercola.com/

If you put in GMO in Mercola’s search, a page of GMO information will come on the screen. That is just one page. At the bottom will appear 5 boxes and a next section. After next, it just goes on and on.

I wish GMO was REQUIRED LABELING FOR ANYTHING HAVING GMO IN IT…EVEN LESS THAN ONE DROP OF ANY GMO PRODUCT. Another wish: that everyone rejected it, but that would take the media constantly airing it (but GMO’s can be in pharmaceuticals, so why would they hurt their advertisers…hum); stores carrying tags listing every GMO product; commercials, inexpensive yet effective GMO kits, etc.

I know most supermarket customers are not even aware of it. I assume It is most likely in any local health food store unless it specially labeled NON-GMO. And then again…

Question: how much GMO is allowed by law to still be considered NON-GMO? Question: how much GMO is allowed on a product that say GMO Free? Is that the same as Non-GMO? Can each still contain some of the forbidden product? Maybe there should be a 100% FREE GMO LABEL?

I know Whole Foods does testing, but what exactly is the procedure? Also does the manufacturer regularly test each crop sent to THAT manufacturer? How do I know that one day the manufacturer doesn’t get a GMO batch of corn by accident. They look the same…and I could be munching away.

HERE IS A LIST OF SOME GENETICALLY ENGINEERED CROPS ALLOWED IN THE UNITED STATES FOOD SUPPLY TODAY: http://www.saynotogmos.org/avoiding_gmos.htm

In my opinion, man is always trying to play God instead of accepting Him. This is evident even by this whole GMO issue! Intellectualism is attempting to replace the natural order of things including God. However God will not be mocked (Galatians 6:7).

Many individuals, scientists, and corporations have deviated from God’s creation of natural science. It is very evident that we are paying the price of such behavior:

God’s creation has a purpose and a place. We are here to enjoy, nurture, and work within its boundaries.

May we take a moment to be thankful and enjoy the constatnt display of God’s remarkable creation all around us–no matter how small and what may seen insignificant. What may seem simple is really complex. Many little miracles around us.

16. john says:

YES Kevin–EXCELLENT -EXCELLENT -EXCELLENT News interview Kevin, I Have Jeffry Smith books, I gave to a person and never got it back.Pretty SCARRY stuff for a real Trick with NO TREAT-HEY KEVIN ! I LIKE MR. SMITH BECAUSE HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH and is a man of integrity, who will not back down to the GLOBAL CARTEL and their wishes for world TYRANNY and world CONQUEST—CONTROL of SEEDS/ RE-ENGINNERED ( franken ) PEOPLE . A new breed of experimental humane lab rat is what you and I are and your children’s, children are .”They”want to Play god and shove their GMO food down YOUR throat ,all in the name of science. And that is the TRUTH. Great Job Kevin People need to hear this gospel of truth and be informed. Then get MAD as HELL !!! Then ACT and do something by finding out WHO SPECIFICALLY IS RESPONSIBLE and what GROUP ( S ) ARE RESPONSIBLE IN DOING THIS TO THE TAX PAYING CITIZENS of this country. Write to your government and it’s branches -And VOTE the BASTARDS out of office. And spread the word in your churches ,friends ,family,etc.—LETS ALL STOP THE TYRANY that ‘they ‘are doing to you if not for your self do it for your children. We do not need genetically modified babies as government Lab Rats.—–Let US ALL —RESIST TYRANY AT EVERY LEVEL—-THATS THE WAY THE MEN AT THE TOP OF THE” PYRAMID ” will begin to understand that WE THE PEOPLE RULE AND THAT GOVERNMENT IS THE SLAVE TO US .NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. WHEN GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE THEIR IS FREEDOM. —WHEN PEOPLE FEAR THEIR GOVERNMENT THEIR IS TYRANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EACH OF US NEEDS TO AKE BACK THEIR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS AS STATED IN THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS.—-IT IS THEE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND.HIGHER THAN ANY PRESIDENT,SUPREME COURT JUDGE,POLICE,ETC. INFACT ALL OF THESE PUBLIC SERVANTS SWEAR THEIR OATH OF ALLEGIANCE TO IT. THIS IS ONE NATION UNDER GOD.

17. Julia says:

Yes, I have, from documentaries as well as from naturalnews.com. But it is so nice listening to Jeffery Smith as he is so well articulated and remembers the details of all the studies so well and is good at communicating important information scientifically. It is interesting and fascinating and frustrating and infuriating all at once. I’m impressed w/ Jeffery’s knowledge – I haven’t read any of his books, though, I just know to stay away from GMOs as much as possible. When I first started going genuinly healthy, it all started with a documentary I watched on Netflix when I was away on a professional travel assignment with no TV to watch and feeling bored. I watched “Sweet Misery”, “The Future of Food”, and some other great documentaries and that was how I first learned of Monsanto, aspertame, MSG, etc., and that’s when I first started making serious changes in my lifestyle. My first year all I did was reduce about 90% of all the processed foods I ate and started choosing more organic foods and started making raw grawnolas, almond milk, etc. I have Graves disease and within that first year I normalized my TSH completely and my TSI values came down 40 points towards a more normal value. I still have some ways to go with my TSI, but getting there… Thanks for this great interview, I’m enjoying it very much. Happy Birthday to Annmarie and best wishes to you both.

Oh, one more thing…totally off-topic… I just started making water kefir this month with kefir grains and this patch of eczema I had on my arm has gone away and I lost an inch of waist size (without trying otherwise – I’m already a small 5’4 115 lb woman)! But I did have a pretty bloated belly so loosing an inch of waist size was great!!! It feels like my digestive system is working better now. I’m impressed with this water kefir! My grains are growing fast, too, I’m going to start eating them. 🙂

18. Satori says:

No, never and it is very scary.

A crazy imagination came up in my mined. Maybe the Mad Cow disease was caused by GM soy or something too. Cows with the disease looked like the end of the world:(

19. Jan says:

Most of this is new to me and I am greatful that you are bring this information to my attention. It has produced a change on my grocery shopping habits and my gardening. Soon it will be time to plan next years garden and I plan on increasing my garden to avoid purchasing GMO’s.

20. Dee says:

No, that was new to me. Thanks for bringing this info forward.

21. John says:

I have heard of the study and it is sickening, but not surprising, that these frankenfoods are allowed into our stores and especially without any labeling.

22. Jill says:

No, I have not heard of this study before. Now that I have, I am going to share it with all of my friends. I do not know why people want to mess with the way God has things set up. Natural is always better. People wonder why there are so many different kinds of illness. This is the reason. They keep making their own problems and blaming on other things. I wish that they would leave things alone.