How to Use Your Cooked Skills to Make Awesome Raw Food Meals : The Renegade Health Show Episode #685

Monday Oct 25 | BY |

Today, we continue my interview with Cherie Soria, founder of the Living Light Culinary Institute…

I’m not a great raw food chef at all, but some of the tips that Cherie gives in this clip are ones that I think may even improve what I put together.

Now that’s a big compliment to Cherie! Maybe the tips can help you become a wizard in the raw food kitchen.

Your question of the day: How much water do you drink (from Lauren!)?

To check out more information about the Living Light Culinary Institute, please click here: http://www.rawfoodchef.com

1. snowmoonelk says:

Not enough, I know that! Sometimes I get all fired up and drink about 2 litres a day, and then I can hardly bring myself to drink any water at all! Really BAD!

2. Amy says:

I dont drink much water at all! I know I should because my finger tips LOOK dehydrated. Kinda pruney and Im only 42! I did just purchase Matt Monarchs Adya water purifier drops, so I really, really plan on drinking more. (water that is)

ak

3. Claus says:

Hi,

I start the day with about half a quart of ionized alkaline water. And then I get an additional half a quart, either directly and/or in my green smoothie. Some days it may be less, but often more.

4. sheila says:

Hey Claus,

How do you like your water ionizer? I am looking into buying one as soon as I can swing it financially

5. Shelby says:

I consume at least 2.5L daily.
    Then I will add more, as needed, to compensate for physical activity, public speaking, intake of diuretics (like a great espresso!), etc.
    On average, I recommend that patients drink half their body weight (lb) in ounces.
    -Shelby

6. Joe says:

Depends on the daily activity (1 to 4 liters).

7. Kuru says:

I shoot for 2 quarts. The first one is easy in the morning: a pint of warm water with lemon or lime first thing, and then a pint with Vitamineral in a base of nettle, oat straw and horsetail tea. I have to concentrate to get the last quart in; sometimes I have to drink a pint right before bed, but that’s ok; I don’t mind getting up. It’s better than waking up with a dry mouth telling me I didn’t have enough; my system always lets me know!

Hi Lauren. It’s all worth it!

8. Lorien says:

I don’t drink much water. I have about four cups a day, perhaps a bit more. I put my super food powders in a big glass in the morning, have another big glass made into tea at work and then half a glass with MSM and Zeolites in it when I get home. I eat a lot of high water content food but never have been one to drink a lot of water. Don’t drink anything else except coffee every day. I have one cup in the am and one in the pm when I get home from work. I sometimes have half a glass when I get out of the tub if I’m really hot. I drink more in the summer if I’m working outdoors a lot.

9. nick says:

I drink @ least 2 quarts of spring water a day. I am enjoying the interviews with Cherie she is great. Keep them coming!

10. Page says:

I drink 2 to 3 quarts a day – other than my green smoothies in the morning, water is my only beverage.

11. hi kevin and annemarie

i don’t drink much water at all on a regular basis, unless i am doing a cleanse (i have one coming up in a few weeks for 18 days and will be using coconut water and stevia in my water for added nutriets) and the reason is, as someone else stated above, is because i eat high water content foods and don’t get dehydrated, as i avoid foods that are drying to the body, such as dehydrated foods,spices, vinegars,salts and minimal seeds/nuts and no cooked foods (to replenish the liquid content being taken out of cooked or any other things i listed that i avoid, you need to drink water)

the best and most nutritious liquid you can drink is from the foods you eat, as they have all the vitamins and minerals available to you in the best form

check out my blog, in which i journal my day-to-day experiences on a 42 day coconut water cleanse…read it in its entirety (if you choose and i hope you do!) by clicking on the archive for december 2009

namsaste
    chef Mindy aka Ageless low-fat Raw Vegan Beauty

12. Charlotte says:

Not sure how much water I drink, but it’s quite a lot. More than I should probably, lol

13. Connie says:

Not enough! But at least these days I am conscious of that fact and am trying to drink more…

I wanna attend Cherie Soria’s cooking school, wahhhhh…

14. shine says:

between 2 and 3 litres of water – always gasping…

15. Franz says:

Usually I drink about a gallon a day. Sometimes I get up to five quarts. Occasionally I only drink about 100 oz. of water/smoothie on a day.

16. David says:

2-3 litres

17. I’ve never been clear on this: can you count herbal teas into your water for the day? During the summer I drink a lot of iced water and iced herbal teas. During the winter, I rarely drink just water, but drink a TON of hot herbal teas.

I know the signs of dehydration for me (headaches, sluggishness, irritability), but rarely experience them – and when I do, I instinctively, I think, go for water.

I’d love to know what your thoughts are on this, Kevin.

Thanks!
    Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

18. Jan says:

I drink 5 12oz glasses per day plus one or two cups herbal tea.

19. jeanne SDR says:

I drink about three quarts- love water!

On another note, I’ve called the help line, twice, and Emailed too, to get answers about the tooth products that were on sale. Well, sad to say the sale is over and I have not gotten my questions answered. Sorrier to say that the message that says you will return the phone call in one business day is NOT true. Come on, what does one need to do to get answers about products you are trying to sell? I’ve been delighted with your show, and happy with Ann Marie’s skin care line, but this experience has me feeling a little sour.

20. Jacquie says:

I drink 90 oz. of water each day…almost a full quart first thing in the morning. Once you get used to it, your body craves it. To Lisa, #17, I’ve always read that teas do not count…only clean, clear water. Kevin, I’m loving these shows with Cherie. Thank you! 🙂

21. Rachel says:

I found this video quite interesting! I’m just learning about raw foods and it was great to hear Cherie talk about how cooked recipes transfer to raw ones. I’m having fun learning about the world of raw foods! =)