How to Grow Your Own Food Easily with John Kohler : Renegade Health Radio Show #5

Thursday Oct 7 | BY |

I know a lot of you want to grow your own food (I know I do!)…

In this episode, I talk with John Kohler who is an urban gardening master. Annmarie and I visited his front yard, godzilla garden last year and have been talking about it ever since.

In this Renegade Health Radio Show, we’ll cover…

• How to easily start a garden.
  • Some of the gardening challenges John’s experienced and how he faced them.
  • What vegetables are better to buy than grow yourself.
  • Simple tips and tricks for gardening anywhere in any climate.
  • And more…

To listen to the program, just click the “Play” button below…

john kohler urban gardening

Click Here to Download Episode #005

To read more about John Kohler, please click here!

Kev and Jonathan

1. Candi says:

Kevin: I LOVE your radio voice!! On video too, each time I hear, “HEY!! it’s Kevin Gianni from the Renegade Health Show!!” I smile and love, love, love it!! Just wanted to say that!! 😛

2. Rae says:

This is wonderful, but if Senate Bill 510 passes (S 510, The Food Safety and Modernization Act) it will be illegal to grow your own food. I wish you guys would read up on this and try to get your followers to work against this outrage.

3. Mary Artemis says:

Yes, of course. Loren Lockman from Tanglewood Health Center in Panama. That’s where I did my 11 day water fast. I’ve never met a smarter dude regarding health.

Mary from Stamford, CT

4. Nikki K says:

Hi all,

I am also concerned about the S 510 Bill : Food Safety and Modernization Act .

Not only do we have to worry about Frankenfish, and GMO’s, and Bovine Growth Hormones, and Pesticides and Herbicides ,
    but now the Powers that be want to take away ALL of our alternatives to avoiding these TOXINS and control the seeds we put in the ground in our own backyards ! (and we are NOT talking about just funny Hemp seeds, either !)

I can see folks of the Future keeping growing lights on in their closets trying to grow
    Arugula !

Maybe it will get SO bad that we can get busted if we are caught with a SPROUTED
    Lentil Bean in our Pantries!

I’m being silly, but this REALLY is serious.

Since the time of Adam and Eve being kicked out of the Garden of Eden, GOD at LEAST gave them a break by promising them that from the seed they put in the ground, MANY seeds would be come forth, so they had perpetual food.

I’ve got a feeling that BIG Daddy/Mommy is NOT happy that the Powers that be are messing with HIS/HER promise.

It’s our GOD GIVEN RIGHT to be able to
    GROW OUR OWN FOOD !

So… Be a REVOLUTIONARY … GROW YOUR OWN !

GOD BLESS!,

XOS

5. John says:

Just a quick comment on your consideration of bringing in that Luohanguo/sugar alcohol sweetener. I’m sure you probably know but Luohanguo is listed as a longevity food and has been used as a medicine to help supress coughing and reduce sputum as well as helping induce bowl movements.
    With regards to growing your own food. I propose growing your own medicine. I’m guessing I’m preaching to the choir but anyways food is medicine and herbs are strong medicine. Grow some cilantro, basil, mint somewhere in a flower pot in your igloo. Great on their own or tossed into smoothies for a whallop.

6. Joe says:

If we grow our food, we got soul!

The best growing food in our climate has the best nutrition, best fitted to our environment.

Love you John, Kevin and… all!

7. Pamela says:

Great show.

So very, very useful in these times.

So very doable.

Would love to see more on this subject.

Thank you.

Blessings to You and AnnMarie

8. Mike says:

S. 510 does not make it illegal to grow your own food. It also specifically protects alternatives to GM foods.

9. Hi All, I’m a nutritionist/horticulturist into “Creating Health from the Soil Up!” The nutrient density of food is tied directly to the nutrient balance in the soil. This is why I got a PhD in horticulture–to learn how to grow the best food ever!
    Insects and diseases attack unhealthy plants. Insects are Mother Nature’s way of taking out what is not worthy of reproduction, or what is not fit for human consumption. Compost and rock dust are not enough, in most cases, to grow healthy plants. It takes careful soil testing and balanced amendment application. I call it “Going Beyond Organic to Nutrient-Rich”. Check out my website for more info.
    To Your Health,
    Dr. Jana

10. Diane says:

Kevin .. keep up the good shows! It’s true tho – Beware of Bill S510. Anything govt takes over they screw up so vote right in Nov.

11. Roberta says:

Yeah, yeah yeah.So what else is new?

12. jason says:

I love the idea of the radio show. It’s great to have a downloadable version of the audio only episodes, instead of having to listen to them via a YouTube video at the computer.

But, you really rambled on during the intro and ending of this episode. Your monologue wasn’t as smooth compared to your videos. It was hard to listen to. Perhaps it has to do with wearing a headset instead of staring down a camera, but the vibe was a little off.

Love the shows. Keep it up.